Update added by user Feb 07, 2013
so, i talked to sears "social media" rep on 1/31/13 and he said he'll call me back on this monday 2/4/13.now it's thursday night 2/7/13 and i have not heard from anyone from sears.
i have attempted to call number they gave me and emailed them multiple times. no response.
great service...on the 14th it will be 30 days that i have purchased this item and that is the last day i can return it.
Update added by user Jan 31, 2013
well, just got contacted by sears and they are looking into now. i shall receive a call back early next week to see what my options are. let's see what happens...
Update added by user Jan 30, 2013
I have replied to Sears as they have requested in the comment below but of course there is no response. I think they are just trying to appear to look like they care and want to help where in reality they really don't give a **** (you know what).
Original review posted by user Jan 29, 2013
I went to Sears store to purchase sandblasting cabinet. They didn't have it in store so the sales person offered to order one for me and they would ship it to my home. I agreed and purchased the item from Sears. Then, before the item actually arrived I purchased it from somewhere else for less money so, the day when the Sears sandblasing cabinet arrived I put it in my car and drove to the Sears store to return it. Unused item. Just wanted to return it. To my surprise I was informed that Sears had actually ordered item from one if their merchants and because of that I cannot return that item to Sears. Not only that, now after talking to the merchant that sold me this item for Sears I now have to pay over $120 shipping fees JUST TO RETURN THE ITEM I PHYSICALLY PURCHASED AT THE SEARS STORE.
this is absolutely a cheap tactic. I have a Sears receipt for this item that i purchased at Sears and now Sears doesn't want to accept this new, unused item for return because they apparently ordered this from a 3rd party merchant without my knowledge or approval.
I will NEVER ever buy anything else from Sears and I recommend you all avoid Sears. This is not the place you should be spending your money at. There are lots of much better alternatives such as Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, etc... Avoid Sears at all cost!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Building Products
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "On September 18, 2014 my husband and I purchased a Kenmore French Door/Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (Model #596.72383411 Serial #K42612063) from Sears, in Murphy, NC, at a cost of $2,469.96...."
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- "Recently my Kenmore water heater that was purchased in February of 2013 stopped working. After some simple triage steps I was able to determine that the honeywell gas valve..."
- "Home Relief Services LLC is a Scam! Someone needs to do Something FAST! To Whom it may concern: Who and What was Home Relief Services LLC. The owners of the..."
- "We got our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was starting to creak every..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "This site is a total scam! You will break your bank account or your heart! I have attached below my story because I have already talked about it on several..."
- "I ordered hundreds of dollars of latex flowers to use as centerpieces for my wedding. The order was placed at the end of June. When I started to receive the..."
- "Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover..."