Cannot return unused item purchased at Sears store

749 of 2734 Sears Reviews
Jan 29, 2013
review #380088
Update added by user Feb 07, 2013

so, i talked to sears "social media" rep on 1/31/13 and he said he'll call me back on this monday 2/4/13.now it's thursday night 2/7/13 and i have not heard from anyone from sears.

i have attempted to call number they gave me and emailed them multiple times. no response.

great service...on the 14th it will be 30 days that i have purchased this item and that is the last day i can return it.

Update added by user Jan 31, 2013

well, just got contacted by sears and they are looking into now. i shall receive a call back early next week to see what my options are. let's see what happens...

Update added by user Jan 30, 2013

I have replied to Sears as they have requested in the comment below but of course there is no response. I think they are just trying to appear to look like they care and want to help where in reality they really don't give a **** (you know what).

Original review posted by user Jan 29, 2013

I went to Sears store to purchase sandblasting cabinet. They didn't have it in store so the sales person offered to order one for me and they would ship it to my home. I agreed and purchased the item from Sears. Then, before the item actually arrived I purchased it from somewhere else for less money so, the day when the Sears sandblasing cabinet arrived I put it in my car and drove to the Sears store to return it. Unused item. Just wanted to return it. To my surprise I was informed that Sears had actually ordered item from one if their merchants and because of that I cannot return that item to Sears. Not only that, now after talking to the merchant that sold me this item for Sears I now have to pay over $120 shipping fees JUST TO RETURN THE ITEM I PHYSICALLY PURCHASED AT THE SEARS STORE.

this is absolutely a cheap tactic. I have a Sears receipt for this item that i purchased at Sears and now Sears doesn't want to accept this new, unused item for return because they apparently ordered this from a 3rd party merchant without my knowledge or approval.

I will NEVER ever buy anything else from Sears and I recommend you all avoid Sears. This is not the place you should be spending your money at. There are lots of much better alternatives such as Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart, etc... Avoid Sears at all cost!

9cc583f
Had an experience with Sears?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
749 of 2734 Sears Reviews
SearsCares

Jan 29, 2013 Hoffman Estates, Illinois

ek2013,
I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your online order. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. My name is Liz with the Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (ek2013) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
Liz R.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about
×