Sears Customer Solutions

2236 of 2761 Sears Reviews
Feb 25, 2010
review #172577

Warning!!!Stay away from Sears appliances.

If the work that is fine, but if there is a failure and you need service the fun begins. Sears Customer Solutions sent me to the Service Smart Agreement Division who in turn sent me to Customer Solutions again. Around and around we go with the circle spinning so fast I can't seem to get someone to fix my refrigerator even though I paid for a contract to repair my unit. My Solution for Customer Solutions is to contact the Federal Trade Commissions and file a formal complaint.

I also intend to haul Sears in small claims court just to prove to them that it isn't right to take advantage of the consumer.

abba72d
Had an experience with Sears?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
2236 of 2761 Sears Reviews
Angry former Sears Customer

Jul 25 Orlando, Florida

STAY AWAY FROM SEARS APPLIANCES. I agree!! Sears installer brought out a dishwasher to install, he reported I needed a shut off valve and to contact a plumber. I did immediatly and I contacted the installer Cliff who stated he closed out the work order and to contact Sears. I did and the customer service person told me I had a work order put in. That was on a Friday, I waited and waited for the installer to call. I called Sears on a Tuesday morning and they replied that it was scheduled to be put in on Thursday and the installer would call Wednesday night. No phone call from this rude installer. Called Sears and they said "It is not scheduled to be put in" Told Sears to come and get the dishwasher they stated it would be picked up Friday and the installler would call Thursday. No phone call Thursday as they stated. Called Sears Friday the installer reports he was not notified. The installer, Cliff was rude when he came out to bring the dishwasher and he told Sears Ineeded a plumber which I got immediatley.. So for 14 days I have a dishwasher in a box setting in my kitchen taking up room. This installer is rude and a liar. I have been going in circles with Sears apparently they can not do anything! GO TO LOWES OR HOME DEPOT they treat you with respect.

Linda

Apr 04 Dallas, Texas

Sears has lost their dam mind.They wanted to charge me $50.00 for gas for someone to come out and Check my stove that i purchased from them.They stated i have to pay for the persons gas.WTF.I closed my Sears account and Never ever look back at them.They really have lost their mind to ask a customer to pay for someones gas.I cannot stand Sears.F--- Sears.*** buy me some gas for even coming into your dam store at all.Plus on top of all this they have the nerve to hang up in their customer faces.

Kim

Nov 13, 2013 Des Moines, Iowa

My nightmare began 3 weeks ago... My television goes black on one side still under warranty call sears they say it will be 2 weeks to get someone out... So I wait and finally someone comes out, this guy takes out the multiple screws in the back only to see a few lights are out and says panel is bad, he tells me I will get a new set the part is not available....finally yesterday the manufacturer Oncorp calls to explain and verify how my new tv will get to me, I was so excited it's almost over and done with the rep says any questions ma'am? I said ya just one will I get a new warranty on the new set she said oh no this set your getting is a used refurbished set. I immediately flew off the handle I said no I want my money back, well they are returning my money but this is all bs.... I will never buy from Sears again they really have become low class to me....

MILT

Oct 23, 2013

I want to add to the list of complaints regarding service from Sears. Specifically, it warranty service. I brought a 50 inch LG Plasma television set that worked fine for 14 months. The set problem was that it was turn on for a few seconds and immediate turn back off. I reported this problem on around September 6, 2013 to Sears warranty customer service office. The attendance was very apologetic; for she could only give me a repair appointment for October 7, 2013. I stated my objections for having to wait a month for repairs. To console me I was assured that I would be placed on a cancellation list which should result in sooner repairs. Apparently, there were no cancellations for the technician didn't come until October 7th. He diagnosed the problem which required a part that he did not have in stock. He ordered the part and advised it will arrive within three business days. The part did come on the third business day and I called for a return to install the part. The earliest date given to me was November 7th; which was another month along with the same promise to being added to a cancellation list. It is now October 23rd and I'm still waiting to get my set repaired. I've called customer service again to complain of the long wait; my wife has called venting her frustrations but it was all to no avail. So; after paying $200.00 plus for what was supposed to be a premium warranty service, I'm without a working television set that should have been repaired within... Show more

Not a fan of Sear's

Jul 08, 2013 Burtrum, Minnesota

DO NOT get any type of warranty repair from Sear's. You pay the money upfront and can never get the repair people out for the service call. We have been cancelled 3 times due to illness of their personnel. OK get some new reliable repair people. All we get are a bunch of "I am sorry" , a new date and cancel again! What a way to run a business, Just rip people off of hard earned money and no service! I call it stealing! :(

JeanMare

Jul 01, 2013 Sherman Oaks, California

Well, I just have to put my two cents into the run around I have gotten from Sears. However, I must say I have (I hope) a favorable outcome!
I had some run around trying to get my Freg fixed, but it was more because the part was back ordered and no one bothered to call me after about 3 weeks to let me know that. I was without a frig for a month and If I had any idea I could have made some temporary plan! However, Sears was great in sending out a representative with a repair man to assess the situation and decided that the frig was unrepairable. Since I had a warrantee on it I was given money towards a new frig and they are going to refund me for the compressor I paid for. They also gave me $200 towards lost food, however, I never asked for this before since this is the third time my frig gave me problems. Having the warrantee covers you for lost food, so I was stooped for not asking for it before.
I have had the run around on the phone calls, getting to the right departments, a million transfers and disconnects! So aggravating!
So surprised that the person you are speaking to doesn't call you back probably knowing that we were disconnected! They do have your number and many times they had me on hold while asking a manager or researching something. I think they do it on purpose so they don't have to continue dealing with you! I might add I am a very easy going person, I am not yelling at them or chewing them out, I know they are only doing there job and
... Show more

Mad as hell!

Jun 24, 2013 Las Cruces, New Mexico

Had Tech try to fix cloths washer. Waited a week for appt. He ordered a new board that I paid for and was told if the part didn't fix problem they would refund cost. They installed new part and charged me $142 for labor($218 for part). Tech left with old board. Next day we tried washer had same problem. Called to have tech return. Had to wait another week for return appt. Asked for refund. Was told it would take about 10 days. He couldn't replace my old board since they had taken it on first visit. Tech tried to charge another $142 for labor but it was waived by tech's manager. Four week and three calls later I am still waiting for refund. Can't call the department responsible for refund directly. I am now waiting for a phone call from them. Will never use Sears service again! :( :(

Mad as hell

Mar 06, 2013 Los Angeles, California

I am trying to locate a manager about a refund for three days. No one will give me a phone number or any information.
All they want is all my information.
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEARS AGAIN.

Ex Sears Fan

Nov 30, 2012 Sylva, North Carolina

Once was a Sears fanatic re:Craftsmen, Kenmore et all. This time they refused to repair or replace a broken part on a delivery. But once again they're quick to take the money but getting it back is a journey into the bureaucratic shuffle of incompetence, ineptitude and apathy! They have turned the 'departmental shuffle' into an art form. So much so, they should start a dancing lessons store next, with the liars creed of "admit nothing, deny everything and demand proof". And THEY HAVE BUILT THIS!

Fed Up!

Aug 23, 2012

My list of issues is so long with Sears, I can't convey them all on this blog. However I will say, I absolutely will NEVER buy anything from Sears again, EVER! My Kenmore Elite dishwasher control panel will not work after only 19 months old. I have dealt with nothing but inept people in trying to get it fixed since it's under warranty. Sears deserves to go out of business and I hope they do! No consumer should have to deal such pathetic, inept, clueless people. Doing business with Sears has done nothing but cost me time, money and extreme anger!

anotherfrustrated

Jun 11, 2012

Refrigerator under Sears Warranty. 87 year old mother called to have the light bulbs replaced. The technician, while there, also performed routine maintenance. Twelve hours later my mother noticed that all the ice had melted and everything was thawing out in the freezer. She immediately called the service number but was told a technician could not be scheduled until for a week. Food thawed completely and even though the warranty stated that food loss was covered due to "a functional failure", the technician could find no functional failure, therefore no converage.

We all want so much to find a company that will stand by their warranties and products, hoping that a mainstay like Sears/Kenmore would be that company. Not so.

Frank S

Jan 31, 2012

Sears took a double oven from my home and now say they can't locate it for a refund. I have spent over 4 hours speaking to a multitude of people all who say something different and blame the other for a lack of insight. This company is in such shambles I wish they would just go out of business and be replaced by a reputable supplier/department store.

The customer solutions reps are absolutely the worst on the planet. they have no authority, integrity, or idea of the issues they perpetuate.

They can't file chapter 11 soon enough in my book.

Frustraed!!!!,!,

Nov 05, 2011

Do not ever purchase any appliance from Sears. They sell defective products, send multiple repair people out at your request who do not rectify the issue, and place the burden of replacement on the customer. I have never been so disgusted and angry with a company in my life. There customer service is an absolute nightmare. I have been trying to get a defective dishwasher repaired/ replaced for more than one year and the issue is still ongoing. BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!!!!!!!!! :(

Olive

Jul 07, 2011

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SEARS EVER!! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS! IF YOU NEED TO RETURN OR GET SOMETHING REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY YOU WILL HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS, AND THEIR STUFF BREAKS OR STOPS WORKING SOON AFTER YOU PURCHASE THE ITEMS...SO FRUSTRATING!! THEY KEEP TRANSFERRING ME FROM DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT, AND I HAVE TO REPEAT THE WHOLE STORY OVER TO EACH PERSON, AND EACH PERSON GIVES ME DIFFERENT ANSWERS!! I EVEN WROTE THEM ON LINE AND GOT A RESPONSE TELLING ME TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY, WHICH I DID, AND MANUFACTURER SAYS SEARS HAS THE ITEM IN STOCK AND SHOULD SUPPLY IT TO ME!! MANUFACTURER SAYS I MUST CALL SEARS AGAIN!! I CALLED SEARS BACK AND AGAIN AM ON HOLD AFTER SPILLING MY GUTS TO A ONE NAME PERSON AS THEY WON'T PUT ME THROUGH DIRECTLY TO THE LADY WHO SENT ME THE EMAIL...WHICH BY THE WAY CONVENIENTLY DID NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER........ALL OF THIS JUST TO GET A 6VOLT BATTERY REPLACED FOR A CORDLESS VACUUM..UTTER NONSENSE!! I AM SO PISSED!! THEY KEEP TELLING ME TO TAKE THE VACUUM AND THE PART TO THE SEARS PARTS DEPARTMENT TO GET THE BATTERY BUT SAY THEY DON'T HAVE A NUMBER I CAN CALL TO FIND OUT IF THE PART IS IN STOCK BEFORE I JUMP ON A FRIGGING BUS OR PAY TAXI FARE TO GET THIS M****FK BATTERY, AND TO TOP IT OFF MY CARPETS HAVE LINT AND HAIR ON THEM......DAMMIT TO *** I FEEL LIKE GOING POSTAL! ON THEIR ***!! :(

Handwashing

Apr 09, 2011

Thom Tom:
Judging by your attitude, spelling, and grammar, I am quite sure you were a top performing Sears associate. I wish I would have timed the dishwasher failure better, but alas, beyond my control. As for being a liar and an *** that knows nothing, suffice it to say, I don't work for Sears.

THOM TOM

Mar 27, 2011

All i rea dhere is a bunch of liars..and idiots that know nothing..."stopped washing dishes" after 3 months why the *** did you wait for service under the warranty to run out? Btw you dont buy products form sears, you pay them to provide you with readily available products...you buy them from the manufacturer in a rond about way sears isnt a brand is a store/service/reapiar/parts with a gigantic infustruce and confusion will happen customer solutions handles repair problems billing issues, tech line handles mpa warranty service appointments 18004myhome does paid for repair service you have third party repair etc its not easy cut and dry, repair techs their bosses all contractors btw locak hq district then national all supported by technical infustructure...computers etc. I worked for sears I took about 3,000 calls a month from 3,000 different people thats 3,000 chances to go wrong or for the cusotmer to *** themselves and blame us which the love to do or claim something si when it isnt or try to return something 2 years later...a warranty is repair sometimes that may be tricky deal with

Dec 02, 2013 Piscataway Township, New Jersey

Thom dumb,
No one cares what you have to say. Hope that this company does this to your mother and you cannot do anything about it. Get a grip. Sears is no longer a good company for ANYTHING. I would also suggest you finish high school so you can learn to spell things correctly. UGH! Why are we wasting our time reading your ignorance.

Handwashing

Mar 19, 2011

Stopped cleaning dishes after 3 months. The short cycle never really worked, an the dishes would come out wet. It took 10 days to get a repair appointment, and I missed a day of work. Then I had to wait another 10 days for another appointment because the repair guy didn't have the parts because it was a model they are unfamiliar with. The parts cost $647, and the cost of the dishwasher is around the same. That is without "labor."

So I took another day off work to wait for Sears. At 5:15 pm after 5 phone calls, I was told that I was the first appointment at 8:10 AM but they needed two technicians and nobody was coming. The best part was that at noon I was told the tech was busy and I was demanding for having the audacity to request the technician give me an approximate time. They rescheduled for Saturday, and then cancelled because they didn't have two techs. So I talked to customer solutions who reluctantly agreed to replace the dishwasher. Then the robo-calls started...DON'T BUY THIS DISHWASHER FROM SEARS. Oh, but I got a $25 gift card.

UPDATE: did not order the replacement. Waited 2 weeks for nothing. Getting a different model.

Hernandez

Jan 28, 2011

Buyer Beware!!! waiting for them to show. Could loose my job- and they dont care.

sears hs turned into a untrusted name brand

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about
×