Sears Garage Door Opener Installation Gone Bad
I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a guy in a minivan showed up. Right away he complained that my ceilings were too high. Ok, so he made me go to Home Depot to buy brackets to install the motors to the ceiling ($75). When I get back, he is demanding that i speak to a lady on his cell phone from Sears, so they can charge me $80 for a high ceiling charge (they are 10ft, not anything crazy). I agree after a small fight i give that I was not informed when I purchased the door opener.
3 hours later, the installer says he is done. Immediately I notice that the doors are bent a little on the top (these were 2 month old doors). He says they are fine and lowers and raises both. Both doors are warping in the middle and I notice large bolts going through the door with scratches and dents on the outside. He admits he messed up and says Sears will reimburse me. Little did I know Sears claims no responsibility for their installers and refused to pay for the top panels of the doors ($497 it cost me to fix and re adjust the door openers that were installed incorrectly). So now I am out an extra $500 plus the $150 I paid for "high ceiling penalties". I disputed the installation charges through Discover, and Sears seems to only be good at fighting the credit card dispute. If they put as much effort in their installation process as they did in fighting credit card disputes, they would be much better off. I don't complain much, but in this case, I do not want someone else having a similar problem.
So I do not recommend getting a garage door installation from this Sears location. The opener itself is fine, it's just the caliber of installer they hire, and Sears' lack of responsibility for these guys they send into our homes. Sears used to be the best. It's all down hill I guess....review #222357
You may also like
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- " I had a garage door opener installed by Sears when I first bought my house 3 years ago. My daughter came in late about a week ago and goes..."
- "We bought a new washer and dryer from Sears in July 2011. These were installed in our house on 13JUL2011. The installers did a horrible job. 1. They dented our wallboard. Offered to..."
- "my order number is# 3559528 on friday june 6 th. I placed an order for a wedding dress. I cannot put into words what i recieved yesterday june 30th,..."
- "DO NOT GO TO GRANT, The rude groomer manager, that gave us an awful attitude, and a lame excuse for a lion haircut for our pomeranian, left him looking ridiculous,..."
- "okay i said i was gonna post what i purchased at rent a center & as you look at what kind of products they are selling, i dont know how..."
- "Have a 2015 keystone 31 ft travel trailer. Bullet premier...nothing premier about it.. horrible warranty coverage..had mice in the furnace ducts the day I brought it home! Complained of horrible..."
- "While I had my camper at Campingworld in Caleria Alabama for warranty repairs some clown hit it with another trailer. They never called or told me about it so someone..."
- "Terrible, untrained employees. I was into the 3rd rep of my 3rd set of tricep pushdowns, when the pin released on the cable harness. The harness fell to the floor,..."