Sears Garage Door Opener Installation Gone Bad
I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a guy in a minivan showed up. Right away he complained that my ceilings were too high. Ok, so he made me go to Home Depot to buy brackets to install the motors to the ceiling ($75). When I get back, he is demanding that i speak to a lady on his cell phone from Sears, so they can charge me $80 for a high ceiling charge (they are 10ft, not anything crazy). I agree after a small fight i give that I was not informed when I purchased the door opener.
3 hours later, the installer says he is done. Immediately I notice that the doors are bent a little on the top (these were 2 month old doors). He says they are fine and lowers and raises both. Both doors are warping in the middle and I notice large bolts going through the door with scratches and dents on the outside. He admits he messed up and says Sears will reimburse me. Little did I know Sears claims no responsibility for their installers and refused to pay for the top panels of the doors ($497 it cost me to fix and re adjust the door openers that were installed incorrectly). So now I am out an extra $500 plus the $150 I paid for "high ceiling penalties". I disputed the installation charges through Discover, and Sears seems to only be good at fighting the credit card dispute. If they put as much effort in their installation process as they did in fighting credit card disputes, they would be much better off. I don't complain much, but in this case, I do not want someone else having a similar problem.
So I do not recommend getting a garage door installation from this Sears location. The opener itself is fine, it's just the caliber of installer they hire, and Sears' lack of responsibility for these guys they send into our homes. Sears used to be the best. It's all down hill I guess....
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I decided to remodel our kitchen in the fall and winter of 2006-07. She purchased all new stainless steel appliances including a Sears Kenmore Pro double..."
- "My girlfriend moved in and was having issues with allergies. Knowing my ducts were very dirty, we called Sears to clean our ducts. They came out, I was present when..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "I was at walmart two days ago to get my fourth hole pierced. The lady had a broken finger so i was a bit skeptical. She then marked my ears..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "I ordered a blue suede vest from Saks Fifth Avenue late in the season. I paid $200 and change for the vest and delivery. The item arrived in..."
- " Here was my email to Safelite manager after he got back from vacation. My experience with Safelite is not a good one. I'm hoping we can..."
- "Thought I was avoiding problems when I bought a 2015 Winnebago ERA 70C Sprinter two months ago. Very tired of making 2 and 3 trips back to Camping World and..."
- "I went in to buy the engagement ring my girlfriend fell in love with on a 'for fun' trip to the jewelry stores in the mall. They claimed it was..."