sears "protection agreement"
Opened my credit card statement for my brand new gold master card from sears yesterday.Was amazed to find that the caring personel in the sears protection agreement dept.
had kindly taken upon themselves to provide me with coverage on three appliances I had purchaced in the past from them. The first one being a TV I bought in 1998, which was struck by lightning in 2001 and replaced with a new unit from a different retailler. The second was a chest type freezer i bought in 2001 and the third a dehumidifier purchased in 2003. All of these items they took upon themselves to insure for me for the paltry sum of $475.
I didn't even have to autherize it! Of course it would have been somewhat troublesome for me to do so since I was 1500 miles away on vacation on the very date they stated the agreement was autherized!! I do recall that some months previous to all this a call from a telemarketer trying to sell me this same insurance. At that time I did unconditionally decline the offer.
Guess I just don't know what's good for me. This is fraud plain and simple, no other way to describe it!! Other than theft. I will never ever darken the door of another Sears or K-Mart again!!
Where are the lifesucking lawyers when you need them.c17742d
You may also like
- "Got a new Ventura sofa mid July and within two weeks it started matting and looking terrible. Sears has not picked it up or refunded the product even after..."
- "I purchased a new Dunkirk boiler from Sears in October of 2010 and paid $4611. I bought an electronic pilot boiler but they sent and installed a standing ignition boiler...."
- "My girlfriend moved in and was having issues with allergies. Knowing my ducts were very dirty, we called Sears to clean our ducts. They came out, I was present when..."
- "I bought a mom ring and gave it to her for mother's day. The ring changed from gold to gray in a month. My mom called ICE.com to..."
- "I was sold a car-given a contract-took it home & 5 days later told i have to pay more or return the car. i called the FTC (federal trade commission and..."
- "Hello. My name is Paul. I am 58 and I served in the U.S. Marine Corps in the '70's. In 1977, while on active duty, I was injured and broke..."
- "I expressed my opinion and my feelings about Patti Meyers, owner and operator of CafeOldeWorld.com and Cafe Old World Rentals, out of despair, frustration, hopelessness, and shame. Your client, Patti..."
- "I replaced my element and then knobs, burner, and fan went haywire. After 2 repairmen and $$ finally found that the stunt for the element had been put in on..."
- "Had a basement drain backup with "dirty" water. Called them as emergency after hours (a Thursday night). The plumber who responded was glad to hear there were outside clean-outs between..."