Opened my credit card statement for my brand new gold master card from sears yesterday.Was amazed to find that the caring personel in the sears protection agreement dept.
had kindly taken upon themselves to provide me with coverage on three appliances I had purchaced in the past from them. The first one being a TV I bought in 1998, which was struck by lightning in 2001 and replaced with a new unit from a different retailler. The second was a chest type freezer i bought in 2001 and the third a dehumidifier purchased in 2003. All of these items they took upon themselves to insure for me for the paltry sum of $475.
I didn't even have to autherize it! Of course it would have been somewhat troublesome for me to do so since I was 1500 miles away on vacation on the very date they stated the agreement was autherized!! I do recall that some months previous to all this a call from a telemarketer trying to sell me this same insurance. At that time I did unconditionally decline the offer.
Guess I just don't know what's good for me. This is fraud plain and simple, no other way to describe it!! Other than theft. I will never ever darken the door of another Sears or K-Mart again!!
Where are the lifesucking lawyers when you need them.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Placed an order online on Dec.5th. I called on Dec.17th and was guaranteed the item would arrive the next day. It didn't! I called back and they said it would..."
- " On 11/17/2013, I called Sears (800-4-MY-HOME) for my refrigerator(purchased it from Sears) problem there was a fire breaks out around compressor area. So I requested a report and claim..."
- "Sears and the third party delivery that they are using, have been a horror story for me and my wife as well. Purchased a Sealy Granite Bay Ti2 mattress Jan..."
- "Last night I discovered HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS tiny pieces of metal coming out of my Magic Bullet Mini and getting into EVERYTHING I put in it!!! I cant grip anything..."
- "I need to have several window locks adjusted and a cracked window replaced. I have called 5 times and was told someone would call back and schedule an appointment..."
- "Ordered a headboard and footboard from Bellacor. To start, the order was backordered 5-6 weeks as soon as the order was placed. Seems like everyone has had that..."
- "A horse I bought February of 2015 from Lynda Lake became very unsafe and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital with a dislocated hip and a concussion. I..."
- "Found a home I really like, paid the application fees and haven't been able to reach any one at all. The voice mails are always full and I'm wondering now..."
- "The first pair I bought was My Girl from Urban Outfitters. After a month of having them, I accidentally scratched the lenses beyond repair. I emailed Quay, and their response..."