last Thanksgiving 2 days prior, the oven was locked (I unlocked myself with a wire hanger). We called Sears to send a repairman. On the phone conversation (somewhere in India), the guy was pushing for a $250 repair that will cover any repair up to $500 (of course one time offer trap). I selected to pay a $140 repair.

The repairman came. He looked at the oven, opened and closed the oven door repeatedly for 5 mn.

His assessment was that the motor is burnt and the price to replace it is $600 (waiting period a week to receive the part then reschedule a repair appointment) and maybe also the electronic display is also defective. At that point you know they have no clue.

He was surprised that I mentioned that a big burnt motor I would have noticed the burnt smell.

Of course I refused the repair. We called a local oven repair, they knew the exact problem by reading the error on the display. We paid $70 for initial visit and this price is subtracted to the total repair. Oven now is fixed thank to local oven repair for $145 total cost.

Do Not Go To Sears repair unless you have warranty (free repair)

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments