Resolved
5.0

Update by user Feb 25, 2015

I got $83 back on a $119 saw. So I paid $36 for the saw. If I wasn't off in the winter months I would not have had the time to spend 55 minutes on the line with customer service along with writing an email.

Original review posted by user Feb 24, 2015

I purchased model # 358341950 which is a 18" 42cc chainsaw with extra 14" bar & chain. It was $119.88 on clearance.

No stores had it with in 50 miles of my house. Sears permantly closed the 2 closest stores to my house. Now the closest store to me is a 40 minute drive. The only store that had it was an hour a way so based on price I decided to drive an hour out and an hour back to get it.

Box was sealed and correct item # on box. No extra 14" bar or chain in box. Also saw in box was red instead of black and the model # on the saw & manual ended in 900 instead of 950. Poulan makes both the red & black Craftsman saws.

They are identical besides paint color. I spoke with Joe the store manager at 9525 Lincoln Highway in Bedford PA offered me a $15 gift card. He told me he would see if he could do better. Next day he gives me nothing and tells me to return the saw.

No clearance saws left for $120. I guess he thought I would return the $120 red saw & buy the same red saw for $160. I also spent 55 minutes on the line with customer service. Hard to understand and no help.

I asked Joe if he heard of Sears Parts Direct with over 8 million parts.  Via pdf file I looked up model ending in 950. Sure enough they had part #'s for the 14" bar & chain. Joe said they cannot ship me the parts that were rightfully mine.

Don't you think the right think for Sears to do would be to ship me the parts free of charge of course & a gift card for my inconvienence. No more Sears for me!

Preferred solution: I already purchased a 14" bar and chain for $30 that works fine. For my inconvienence I would like a $75 gift card.

I liked: I enjoy it.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 24, 2015.

Comments