With Company response

I called the service center the first week of July and informed Sears that my a/c was leaking excessive amounts of water and sounded like a babbling brook.

The tech who took the call ask me basic maintenance questions regarding the unit and I informed him I cleaned washable plastic grid filter whenever the filter light came on. He then asked my I ensured the drain plugs where cleared. I informed him the unit was mounted in the window so I could not see if and or what might be clogged. I informed him I wished to have a tech sent out as per the extended warranty I paid for.

He made an appointment for 7/17/13 between 8 am and 1 pm which he said was the next appointment.

The tech called throughout the day on 7/17/13 telling us he was going to be “really late” hoping we would cancel. I informed him we had already wasted the day and we needed the unit fixed. He finally shows up at 4:30 p.m. three and a half hours past his service window stating he had the wrong address. He looks at the unit in the window and says “oh this is a two man job because I have to take the unit out of the window” and left after ten minutes.

I called the service center today (7/18/13) and spoke to operator #057065. I informed her that the tech was three and a half hours late and left without correcting the problem.

She stated SEARS had my address in the system as *&^&%%Avenue, when I informed her that was incorrect she stated that was the address I gave last time. I informed her that I am pretty sure where I live and that I did not give the address she had on file. She then called “warranty” and corrected the address. She then asked me to confirm my email address and found that too had been entered incorrectly.

She then stated that the tech is requesting a helper, when I asked why one had not been scheduled for the 7/17/13 she stated she did not make the appointment so she did not know.

The then she tells me that I am scheduled for another appointment on 8/06/13 between 8am and noon. When I ask who scheduled the appointment she states the tech did. I informed her appointment should be made according to the customer needs not the tech’s. I asked why I was not informed of the “new” appointment again she stated she did not know why.

I informed operator #057065 that I would be on vacation in August and needed something in July she stated there were no appointments available before 8/06/13.

I informed her that the unit needed to be fixed it is leaking all over the window frame and I am concerned about damage. She suggested that “If I left the unit off it would not leak”, great suggestion except for the fact that its 100 degrees in NYC.

This is ridiculous. I asked if I could just return/ exchange the unit at my local SEARS and operator #057065 stated that I did not qualify for replacement because the unit had not been serviced four times in one year.

So at this point I am expected to either live with a leaking, noisy 15 month old A/C or boil in 100 degree temps until your service department gets around to finding my apartment then realizing that a window A/C will likely be in the window and then the inevitable part request and a follow up repair call.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous430585,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your comment and want to offer some assistance. We are very sorry to see that you having such a disappointing experience with the repair of your air conditioner. It is frustrating enough to encounter any trouble with the repair, much less to receive very little help while trying to obtain a timely resolution. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your return needs are met to your satisfaction. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the air conditioner is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous430585) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.