Update by user Oct 17, 2013

Called again at 8:30 this morning. Spoke to a nice representative for over 1/2 hour.

He put a message in to the center who makes appointments.

Said I would receive a call back to set-up the appointment. It's 8PM and I have heard nothing!!

Original review posted by user Oct 16, 2013

In October 2012 my husband and I bit the bullet and paid $1900 for a new refrigerator. It was "top of the line" and it really seemed like it was going to be a wonderful refrigerator.

Well, we let looks/features fool us. It has turned-out to be an $1900 piece of junk. Worst investment of money, ever. Within 3 months we had to make the first service call due to a horrible noise it was making.

Was later told that this was a "known" issue in a large quantity of the units, but since a certain percentage of them did not have this problem, then a recall was not made. The appointment was set to have it fixed. Since they already knew what the problem was, they had the parts shipped in advance of the repair person showing-up. Unfortunately, our appointment was cancelled not just once, but twice!!!

And they didn't have the decency to call us in advance to cancel the appointment, they waited until we were already home from work waiting for them (in the four hour window they give you) before they called to cancel!!! They did this to us twice!!! After we had taken time off of work and suffered a loss in pay to be home for these appointments! All-in-all my husband or I had to take three half days away from work just to get our refrigerator serviced!

The serviceman was nice. We discussed the situation and whether we should just return the refrigerator, because at that point it was still an option. He explained that it was a known issue and he had replaced the faulty part with a much better part and we should have no more problems out of it. He seemed very knowledgeable so we trusted what he told us.

Well, we shouldn't have!! Now, as our warranty is due to expire soon, we are having yet more problems. It is making a horrible noise again. We called to make yet another appointment.

Again, took off a half day of work, and again were cancelled on!!! I had even called the morning of the appointment to confirm it due to our past issues. They assured me that someone would be there that day!! I was quite upset.

Neither my husband or myself can keep wasting days off of work for this. I was told that I would have to reschedule. So I immediately called to do so. I was told that, due to our cancellation issues in the past, I would be elevated to a different status and would be able to pick three days of my choice to have a repair person come out.

I told them the three days (all Saturdays at this point) and they told me that I would receive a return call within 3 hours to confirm my appointment. Here I sit two days later and I've still not gotten a call!!! Yes, I've called each day and explained this to several people. And each time I have been told that someone will call me back to set the appointment!!!

If this isn't bad enough, there are other issues with the horrible waste of $1900 we purchased. For one, the ice dispenser doesn't work properly. Nine times out of ten we have to open the ice box and chop the ice before it will dispense. It seems that, for some unknown reason, our ice sticks together after it has been dumped from the ice tray.

Imagine spending $1900 for a refrigerator and having to chop your ice constantly before using your automatic ice dispenser. And you think that would be bad enough, but there's more. The stainless steel is horrible!! It seems you can barely brush against it and it will scratch!

I have many friends/family who have stainless and have not had any such problem. This fridge is a lemon and I just want to get another model!! The customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Sears used to be reliable and sell quality products.

We purchased from Sears because that is where our previous refrigerator and other household appliances were from and we have been happy with them for years. It is that time when they are all going to start needing replaced one-by-one. We have already said that this refrigerator is the LAST appliance we will be purchasing here. Our time/money is valuable.

Sears seems to think otherwise.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #767017

How about giving them a replacement, Edwin and not a gift card....????

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #730185

Edwin C. of Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support = Damage Control......as i repeatedly say......how about all this effort up front......

Dear wastedmoney,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We thank you for reaching out to us regarding your refrigerator situation. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service rendered, and how it was handled when you reached out for our assistance in reference to your refrigerator’s repair appointment. We can understand how frustrating is having to take the time off from work for the repair service and have the services cancelled without your consent can be extremely upsetting, and for that were sorry. It would be our pleasure to speak to you, provide you with any assistance deemed necessary in this matter as well as to make sure this issue is resolved and taken care of in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (wastedmoney), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.