Sears - 2-year-old dishwasher has quit working

Update added by user Aug 14, 2013

I was asked to provide an update.We did not pay a technician $300 to solve this problem for us.

We ordered a new control panel from the Kenmore parts site and intalled it ourselves. Cost: $116 (part and shipping) plus our labor. The dishwasher works fine and will probably last another 2 years until the replacement control panel breaks.

By then we will be in a position to buy a Bosch.Recommend do not purchase a Kenmore Ultra Wash, or any Kenmore with similar push-button controls.

Original review posted by user Jul 14, 2013

I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011.The model is 665.13742K603.

After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites that the problem is a poor-quality control panel. I recommend avoid this model. It cleans well but not if it won't start.

I'm sorry I also bought a washer, dryer, fridge and range from Sears as I'm worried how long they are going to last.

My 'maintenance agreement' is this: If you sell me a bad product, I will tell all my friends and I will never buy from you again.This agreement is free of charge.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 12, 2014 #855614 Baraboo, Wisconsin

I have the same problem, I will never by forms sears again......

2 0 Reply

Aug 19, 2013 #702731 Pearl River, New York

I have the same problem after 2 years. This is a Maytag product. Previous washer was also Maytag and lasted only 3 years! Do not buy Maytag dishwashers!
Stan :(

Disgusted 9

Aug 08, 2014 #853506

I have a 4-year- old Maytag Refrigerator that leaks water over my wooden floor. Although I bought it from another dealer, no one will come out to fix it. Do not buy Maytag refrigerators - they stink.

Jul 17, 2013 #682071 Syracuse, New York

Years ago, I bought a Kenmore washer and dryer. The washer gave out after about two years of use (and I do not do a lot of laundry). I will never buy a Kenmore product again. B

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about