Sears - 2-year-old dishwasher has quit working

1750 of 3985 Sears reviews

Update added by user Aug 14, 2013

I was asked to provide an update.We did not pay a technician $300 to solve this problem for us.

We ordered a new control panel from the Kenmore parts site and intalled it ourselves. Cost: $116 (part and shipping) plus our labor. The dishwasher works fine and will probably last another 2 years until the replacement control panel breaks.

By then we will be in a position to buy a Bosch.Recommend do not purchase a Kenmore Ultra Wash, or any Kenmore with similar push-button controls.

Original review posted by user Jul 14, 2013

I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011.The model is 665.13742K603.

After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites that the problem is a poor-quality control panel. I recommend avoid this model. It cleans well but not if it won't start.

I'm sorry I also bought a washer, dryer, fridge and range from Sears as I'm worried how long they are going to last.

My 'maintenance agreement' is this: If you sell me a bad product, I will tell all my friends and I will never buy from you again.This agreement is free of charge.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
1750 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Stan

Aug 19, 2013 #702731 Pearl River, New York, United States

I have the same problem after 2 years. This is a Maytag product. Previous washer was also Maytag and lasted only 3 years! Do not buy Maytag dishwashers!
Stan :(

Disgusted 9

Aug 08, 2014 #853506

I have a 4-year- old Maytag Refrigerator that leaks water over my wooden floor. Although I bought it from another dealer, no one will come out to fix it. Do not buy Maytag refrigerators - they stink.

Johnny

Jul 17, 2013 #682071 Syracuse, New York, United States

Years ago, I bought a Kenmore washer and dryer. The washer gave out after about two years of use (and I do not do a lot of laundry). I will never buy a Kenmore product again. B

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.