With Company response

Sears deliberately, as a part of corporate policy, extends the time YOUR money remains in THEIR bank account. I presented a legitimate return.

They accepted it, and told me to wait 7 to 10 days. No refund cleared my bank [I used a debit card] and 10 days later I called. I was told different excuses by different people, 7-10 BUSINESS days" and "7-10 days for us to process PLUS 7-10 for bank to process" "we are sending you a check" [which also has a multi-day float] "we sent the check to the delivery address, although we have your home address". After 30 minutes of being passed around, I asked for the supervisor, who, I was told "on break".

I had no choice but to leave my number. I missed taking the call when it came in. The message did not address my question. I called back, and asked for the supervisor by name.

Their phone system hung up on me. Although they are rude, I was never agitated.

This return is in the thousands. It is 12/12, I need the money before Christmas, Sears is Scrooge.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Kurt and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the difficulties you have experienced with the return of your recent order. We can truly understand how frustrating it can be having to wait for a large sum of money to be refunded to you account. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure this matter is addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (Anonymous463569), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Kurt M.