Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears in Jersey City, New Jersey - Restocking fee charged charged even return was with unopened packaging.

3.0
Hi, I am a loyal sears customer for many years now. I had purchased Drill/Driver from tools section in New Brunswick, NJ and realized soon that I will not be using a cutter which is bundled with it as a package (which I also mentioned while buying, and was told that I could return within 30 days with no mention of restocking fees). Later I found that sears is selling only Drill/Driver with lesser price which I purchased and return the bundled package. The return item had only box opened however none of the plastic covers were removed for any of the tools. I was told that since it can not be sold as a new, there will be 15% restocking fee applied. This is strange and I never heard of such a fee in sears or any other stores before. I am also very disappointed in Sears and would be very careful in future.

I also just wanted to return an item that was never removed from the box. Restocking fee was never disclosed when purchasing the tablet and was told it could be returned.

It was a Xmas gift and receiver didn't want it. Sears manager at the Brookfield Wi store was very unfriendly. We used to buy all our appliances there. They just lost another customer as I did not realize what a restocking fee meant and manager told me to Read receipt.

That does not disclose what and why. Very irritated and will never shop there again!

Hi there!

We don't like to see our members disappointed in us.

We want our members to always have trust in us.

If you ever need assistance or a simple question answered, please reach out one our social channels and we would be happy to assist!

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have! Thank you, SearsCares

View more comments (1)
Price reduction

Sears Order Processing Review from Sacramento, California

I JUST want to pay for my items,Not be asked a million questions.So I put them down and walked out never to return

Sears - Sear Home Improvement, Tallahassee, Florida: Buyer Beware

Buyer Beware, take your business elsewhere: I was approached, in Sears, by a representative that was offering a special on home improvements. The sales representative that came out was very nice. I received two project managers as I was sold windows and flooring. I should have spoken to someone before I accepted the price as I found out that it was outrageous compared to other providers of service. The windows were over $5,000 for 7 windows but the flooring was the major issue. They charged over $2,200 for a 25 x 8 space that wasn’t that because of non-movable cabinets and a closet. Even then, I had to remove old flooring, prepare the floor, and replace my own quarter-round. I attempted to contact my project manager Shay for a least a week. I called the salesperson, who informed me that he was on vacation but was sure that they could change my order. When I couldn’t get in touch with the project manager or receive a response to messages, I decided to reach out to the manager of the sales person, Mr. Maleki. Mr. Maleki informed me that the sales person was on vacation and he would have him to call me upon his return. He said that he wasn’t sure if the order had been fulfilled yet. During my calls to the project manager, I left on her voicemail that I wish to cancel the flooring. On that day, she returned the call and said that she couldn’t cancel it but would reach out to someone else. She asked me the reason for my cancel so I informed her that it was too much trouble and way too expensive compared to what it should be. After no contact for a while, I e-mailed the manager, Mr. Maleki, and he said that I forfeited 30% of the total (around $660) for cancelling the order. I explained my attempts to contact but he didn’t care about that. I then asked if the flooring belonged to me since I was charged that much for it and he said that it still belonged to them. I completed the window job and have purchased other home improvements from Sears. It seems to me that they would value their paying customers more than that. This is a tremendous penalty with no second thought. Seems that they would value a customer that has already spent soo much money with them already. Buyer, not only are these rates outrageous but they charge you for no service and keep the materials. Take your business elsewhere.
Sears Sales Representative
No loyalty to customers
Full refund
With Official Company Response

Sears lack of customer service

1.3
Bought washer/dryer at Sears local store. Installers were clueless and left after 3 hours, failing to install vital components. Left me having to clean up their mess. Repair techs attempt to fix the installers mistakes. One tech ordered parts to be shipped to me, the parts dept. only sent one-fourth of the order. It was determined the installers smashed the venting/exhaust located behind dryer (which was the reason it wasn't doing its job). Sears sent out new venting kit for yet another repair tech to install. When it shipped, Sears shipped the kit with one strand of tape. When I received the box, the box was open and the tape was hanging on by one end. Hope all the pieces are still there. The final service tech said I needed to go into Sears store and talk to store manager because the washer/dryer I bought was clearly too big for my home and I needed to replace with smaller units. Went to store, was told store manager not there. Store manager called me several hours later, said I'm screwed, said Sears can do nothing for me, and I'm better off going somewhere else. Meanwhile, customer service dept. over the phone who had promised me that due to all the distress this has caused me, they would exchange the big washer/dryer and give me smaller units. They reneged less than 24 hours later. I'm done with Sears.

from mbbiowa - It's over. Sears delivered smaller washer/dryer unit and installed it professionally.

I'm in a state of shock.

The nightmare is finally over. Issue is resolved.

from mbbiowa - Final comment on Sears. I miss the Sears from long ago, when my parents would take me with them to the store and would buy me popcorn.

I miss the friendly, smiling sales associates and the many people milling about in the catalog ordering area of the store. When I got older, I miss the satisfaction I felt when I bought something from Sears because it was a good quality item. And although, a long time ago, the store would be so busy with customers that I'd feel a little claustrophobic, I suppose I miss that too. The Sears of yesterday is gone and will never be back.

I'm not sure what happened to cause Sears' demise. It's sad. To remember what Sears used to be and to see the Sears of 2014. Why did management or whoever is to blame allow it to happen?

Does anyone remember how Sears used to be, 30 to 50 years ago? It really was "the" store back then. No more commenting from me on this.

I mourn Sears and pity the remnants of what's left of it.

Update from mbbiowa - Was contacted by Sears today, who are making yet another attempt to make themselves look better in my eyes. Must admit, they were convincing; however, time will tell.

Sears must put their words into action. I'm tired of them saying one thing to please me and then pulling the rug out from under me less than 24 hours later. I will hang on until I see results.

One thing I do know is I will "never ever" set foot inside a Sears store in Iowa ever again. The top management above the store managers, if they want better results, need to hire people who truly want to help others, give their employees proper and thorough training, and get rid of the *** negative employees (especially evil store managers) who seem to take pleasure in hurting other people.

@mbbiowa

Update from mbbiowa - Screwed by Sears yet again; I'm no longer surprised by this. I'm mentally exhausted and am literally done.

If anyone can recommend another company who sells washers and dryers and gives a ***, please let me know. Goodbye.

Hi mbbiowa,

This is definitely not the kind of customer service we strive to provide. We would appreciate the opportunity to regain your trust and turn your experience around. Please reach out to us on one of our social channels:

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated M-F from 8a-8p CT, Sat-Sun from 8a-6p CT and we’ll take great care of you.

from mbbiowa to Sears Response,

If Sears wants to regain my trust and turn my nightmare (not experience) around, jumping to Facebook/Twitter is not the answer. I want experienced, knowledgeable repair techs.

I want promises that the customer service reps tell me to be kept. A phone call from Sears to me would be nice, and not an automated one. Those things would at least give me an inkling of hope that somebody from Sears truly does care about a real life human with feelings and emotions. Nothing, though, will EVER get me to step inside the Sears store (Merle Hay) in Des Moines, IA...unless I receive an apology from that store, that would help.

But I see none of the above ever happening.

Hello,

Thank you for replying. We absolutely understand your concerns and we would love the opportunity to turn your experience around!

We realize directing members to FB/Twitter may seem odd, however, our pages run as a customer service department and are available to help our member's with issues similar to yours. We do care for all of our members and we want to make sure you receive top notch customer service.

If you'd prefer, please send over your email and we will have our team contact you so we can further discuss.

Sears Member Service

View more comments (6)
Sears Repair
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Service
  • Delivery experience
With Official Company Response

Sears in Cincinnati, Ohio - Extended service warranties are a scam.

I had purchased one for a dryer I bought. The dang thing quit heating after a couple of months and was repaired. Not even 6 months later it quit heating again so called repair and was given a date when the repairman would be out and also sent me a box with the 3 parts for the dryer. On the day the man came out he went to the dryer, looked inside, grabbed the box and said they sent the wrong parts. He left and never came back in. I called their service headquarters about it and he had put a message in their system that there was *** in the dryer. The only thing in there was the wet towels from when the dryer stopped heating. Because of his comments they will not return and refuse to reimburse my money for the warranty. I will never step foot in any of their locations as long as they are in business which isn't much longer. Service there has declined severely.

Hi there,

This does not sound like the experience we provide our members. We are alarmed to hear about this.

We'd like to offer our assistance- please reach out to our social channels and we would be happy to assist!

Sears Repair
Damaged or defective

Sears - Online Order Review from Kerrville, Texas

I ordered and item 11/28/2014 online and on dec 3rd I was wondering were my item was and it said it was cancelled. They didn't even send me an email stating that. When I called they said the item was out of stock. And would be getting more on the 10th. Instead of offering to send me the item when it was available customer service told me I could pick it up in store but couldn't guarantee me the item for same price I was charged. I asked to speak to the supervisor and I was advised I was going to be given a refund and she could process a new order for that same item at same price shipped to my home and that she would have to run it as a new order and charge me again but that I would be getting a refund for the 1st item I paid for that they cancelled. I agreed. They took the money out of my account same day and told me refund would take 3-5 business days. Well on dec 10th I called to ask we're my refund was and I was told they would send an email to some other dept and I should receive my money by end of day. I checked my account today on 12/11/14 and still no refund. So I called again and I got the same response that they would send an email and to wait 3-5 business days. So I ask to speak to a manager and he said the same thing that the resolution department would have to look into it. I asked to speak to the resolution dept and he said that's who I was speaking to. What? So I called corporate and they couldn't even look up my info because it was an online order and that the online dept sent an email to the offline dept and I would have to wait 3-5 business days. This is not a way to treat a customer! I shouldn't have to wait 30 days to get a refund on an item that they cancelled and didn't even contact me about. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! I will not be a returning customer. I give them an F for customer service, an F for online support, I give them an F for be a reputable business!

Hi There --

We definitely want to make sure you receive the refund you're entitled to. We'd be glad to look into this for you. Please reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can assist you:

Sears - Washer Repair Review from Seville, Ohio

I have been a sears customer for years. I have bought tools, *** eaters, tractors, push mowers, and all home appliances. The first time I don't get the extended warranty my washer breaks after a year and a half. They want 400. 00 to fix it. The bearings went bad. You would think that something that cost 1500.00 would last longer. The only thing they offered was for me to purchase a service plan for 200.00. I guess thats what you get for being a good customer. I don't think I will purchase one more item from them. I understand that things go wrong, but not even being two years old. REALLY!

Greetings,

We are very disappointed to see you are dissatisfied with our products and services. A washer breaking down is never a good experience.

We wanted to offer our assistance for any future inquiries you may have!

Please reach out to our social channels and we would be happy to assist!

Sears in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Their credit card service is a scam

With so name bad reviews and such a bad rate I do not understand why would they keep the doors open. My advise to you, DO NOT OPEN A CREDIT ACCOUNT WITH SEARS they will not send you the monthly statement so they can charge you late fees. Bad company to do business with. I bought $1200 in appliances took the 0% finance for 1yr. paid the account in 6 months except for $87.00 (so they say) and did not send me a bill for over 45 days and now they want to charge me an extra $25.00 for late fees.
Product
Sears Credit Card
Cons
  • Customer service
Full refund

Sears credit services

After 14yrs of being a loyal Sears card holder, I got a letter in the mail today stating that because of a review of my account my card would not be renewed. Laughable enough, one of the reasons is *insufficient length of credit history*! I called the customer service number to verify that after 14 yrs I was denied and got told that I could dispute any charges with Equifax and when any disputes were settled I could then REAPPLY for a new account!! NO THANK YOU!! In these 14 yrs I have never had an outstanding account and while I may have been a few days late on a payment (which I get charged $25 for), I have never not paid my account and usually make 2 payments a month on every credit card I have over the min amount due. In the last 5yrs alone I have purchased a washer, dryer, microwave, oven, tv, dishwasher, plus several other small household items and appliances including clothing all from Sears. Well, never again! They and all businesses associated with them have officially lost my business for life! Looks like I'll be going to Lowes or HHGregg to purchase my new refrigerator now!

Sears - Worst experience ever

I purchased a snow blower 2 weeks ago online. They were out of stock so Sears cancelled the order and told me they would credit my card they charged. It has been 2 weeks and they still haven't credited my card the $400+ they charged me. A customer service rep said to give them 3-5 business days to look into it and get back to it.... One week later and still no response. They play dumb and tell you to call your bank as maybe they are holding up the refund... did this and as I suspected... Sears hasn't posted the credit. They are too incompetent to simply look at the computer and give me a yes or no answer on if they posted the refund.... so freakin frustrating .... selling customers item that are out of inventory, not responding to customer promises, takes over a week to look up in the computer to tell me if the credit has been issued... AHHHHHHHHH
Review
Pros
  • Price if they had it
Cons
  • Delayed refund
  • Out of item sold to me
  • Poor customer service