Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Livermore, California - Service and Warranty

I bought a fridge, range with oven and a dish washer from Sear Outlet in Hayward 2 years ago. I also bought the 5 year warrant on each unit since the sales person told me that any damage to the products would be covered. Quote "It doesn't matter if it is your fault of not. If its broken the warranty will cover all parts and labor" It has been 1 month trying to get the service people out to take a look at the range and dish washer. I made the appointment, set the time and waited, I get a call saying they don't have enough time to come out and we need to reschedule. OK no problem 2nd appointment the driver becomes sick, 3rd appointment complete no show. I call sear customer support and I tell explain the situation and I am told "we have no history of your call or appointments. Please make an appointment" I go into the Hayward CA store where i bought the equipment. The Manager tells me he will call them see whats going on and will get this resolved for me. In addition, he tells me that the sales person was wrong for telling me all parts and labor is covered and i would have to pay for anything that breaks and he cannot do anything about that. He call me today and give the 800 number to Sears and basically says good luck. Oh yes "Since its has been 2 years the store cannot do anything for you now you have to deal with the service people" Just Beau-Ti-Ful Sears, screw over your customers. Service people no show, Store passes the buck, and the corporate must be a complete joke. I will make sure to let everyone I know not to buy the warranty from sears or even buy a single product from them either. An i will make sure to close my credit cards, my sisters credit cards, and my fathers credit card.
Product
Sears Credit Card
Reason of review
customer service, warranty coverage, repair service.
Full refund

Sears in Greensboro, North Carolina - CUSTOMER SERVICES

I CALLED SEARS FOR MY FREEZER, TECH CAME OUT, AND SAID THAT SHE HAD TO ORDER NEW PARTS FOR IT. I SAID OK , THE PARTS WOULD COME THE NEXT WEEK. SHE TOLD ME TO CALL SEARS, WHEN THE PARTS WOULD ARRIVE @ MY HOUSE. I DID THAT. THE PARTS CAME WITHIN TWO DAYS. I CALLED SEARS-THEY SAID THAT I WOULD GET THE NEXT APPOINTMENT,WHICH WAS THE NEXT DAY BETWEEN 8-12. I WAITED THE NEXT DAY, A NO SHOW-I CALLED SEARS BACK, THEY SAID CUSTOMER SERVICE MADE THE WRONG CALL, THEY SAID IT WOULD BE THE NEXT WEEK BEFORE I COULD GET THE NEW PARTS PUT ON. I HAVE FOOD, IN MY FREEZER, WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS? THEY SURE DO CARE,ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. I HAVE TO WAIT TWO WEEKS FOR SERVICE. THEY SAID CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD ME WRONG. PISSED
Loss

Sears in Cedar Rapids, Iowa - 29 degrees and no heat

3 years and 11 months ago, I spent several thousand dollars on a Kenmore furnace. I used to purchase all of our appliances at Sears, but because of their delivery charges and having to wait up to 2 weeks to get an appliance, I changed to other stores that could deliver (free!) the following day. October 3, our Iowa weather turned cold. I don't turn on the furnace until I have to. I tried to get it lit all weekend and waited to call for service until Monday, October 6. I was told the first appointment was on October 15. 9 days - no heat? I explained to an unpleasant 'customer service representative' in Florida, that this was not an acceptable time frame for a repair to a furnace. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I didn't need a supervisor, as they wouldn't tell me anything different. Really? I can't speak to a supervisor? I made 4 more calls over the next day in an attempt to get an earlier repair appointment on my 'under warranty' furnace. I was told a variety of lies, including the scheduling software wasn't working. I was even told they were now booked out until January. In the Midwest, that would mean frozen pipes, serious damage to a home and people wouldn't be able to stay in their homes. January? I was also told that since my furnace is under warranty, I could try to find another repair company that is authorized to work on Kenmore products, pay them myself, and Sears would reimburse me for up to $300. Why would I think for a minute they would honor this? Why should I go looking for a repair person who meets their requirements, pay them, then wait for Sears to find a reason to not reimburse me? That's insane. If they don't have a repair person available, THEY should be the ones to locate another. I was told the lengthy wait was due to a large number of repair requests. I was told the lengthy wait was due to not having enough repair people on staff. I was told the lengthy wait was due to software issues. I was told I could not speak to a manager. Today, October 12, 2014, it's 29 degrees and drizzling. It's overcast and cold. Only 3 more days until I am supposed to have a repair person. I have taken the entire day off work because they can't give me a time the worker will arrive. I am hopeful the repair will be done on Wednesday without any problems. I have a regular Sears credit card and a 'Home' card, both with zero balances and have been a pretty loyal customer for more than 25 years. But listen up, Sears, we are breaking up and we will never, ever get back together. I will not spend another dime in your stores and will certainly share my experience with everyone I know.

I want to update my situation.

First, if you put your complaint on their FaceBook page,you will get a very fast response.

Within 3 minutes, I had an instant message from one of the customer service people.

On Wednesday, October 15, a repair person came to my house. Very nice man, Jake. He had been sent from Michigan to help the Iowa repair people try to catch up on calls.

Apparently, 2 had retired and 2 more had quit. I would think the company would be aware of needed to replace people retiring.....

The problem was diagnosed - two new circuit boards and a blower needed. $1248. Remember, this furnace has only seen 3 winters.

Thankfully, I had purchased the Master Plan Warranty.

The needed parts apparently were no where in the state of Iowa. They had to be ordered. Jake told me he would be back on Saturday to complete the repair, as long as the parts arrived.

I now have a customer service person apparently assigned to me.

She (Kirsten?) called Wednesday evening to see if I was satisfied with my repair. Well, it isn't completed. I explained the day to her. Thursday, I get a call at work to inform me that one of the parts had been back ordered and would not be delivered until October 21.

I now have to request ANOTHER day off work to be home for the repair person. I was offered a Saturday appointment, which would be sometime in November. I get home from work that day to find 2 fairly large boxes on the steps. During my daily call from Kirsten, I opened the boxes and went through the packing lists.

ALL NEEDED PARTS WERE THERE, but you know, they still couldn't come back before Wednesday. Whatever. I have no fight left in me. Early Friday evening, Jake calls.

He has to return to Michigan on Saturday, but if the parts are there, he will come finish that night! Wow! Yes, please come! Jake completed the repair, explained options for filters for the furnace as well as the humidifier that is a part of the system.

He wanted to make sure things were completed with me before he returned to Michigan. Jake is a rare gem in the mess Sears has created. Kudos to Jake, but Sears, it's too late for us. It doesn't matter if you send in your dream team to fix it.

The damage was done and I will never forget the horrible experience I had with your company.

Jake - I wish you well.

That's why it's good to check the furnace before it gets cold because you never know. Just saying.

View more comments (1)
Product
Sears Credit Card
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

The Death of Sears Roebuck – “Supply Chain Logistics”

Customer buys from “salesman” Kenmore Wall Oven. “Delivery” schedules installer and delivery of oven. Wall oven arrives broken, “installer” installs anyway and removes working oven (Bosch). “Sales manager” authorizes new Kenmore oven for delivery, “customer service” schedules pick-up—expects customer to remove from wall. New wall oven arrives. “Installer” arrives and identifies that it too is broken. “Store manager” authorizes new model wall oven (Kitchenaid) at no additional costs. Seven days pass, customer calls “Customer service” they have no record to schedule delivery. Escalated to “customer solutions” to schedule pick-up of broken oven, delivery of new oven and “installation.” “Customer Solutions” schedules “delivery” and “installation.” Price differential waiver not recognized, demands additional payment. Customer cancels order. Customer requests refund. Seven to ten days to process. Social Media perspective: Pass it along – SEARS SUCKS.

why did you let them install a broken oven?

Just discovering this now? There hasn't been Sears & Roebuck for 10 years now.

It's run by a hedge fund manager with a hedge fund mentality who fragmented the company so much they are nothing but pieces of the once great companies called Sears Roebuck & Co and Kmart.

This is why the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing along with the use of a large amount of subsidiaries and contractors. The manager either didn't re ring the sale correctly or there are sub contractors in the picture which don't always make Sears computer records.

You just laid out a typical everyday problem with the company very succinctly. Too many departments, lost information, no unity of resolution and service. A totally bureaucratic nightmare where the customer loses.

View more comments (2)

Sears - Gazebo Return Review

Price guaranty for 14 days, well u could still return the item within 30 days, but why u want your clients to be returning item on prices that u have within the returnd days. Come on i bought a gazebo $750, 2 1/2 week later, item is on sale $539. Dont u think i want the difference, so they are making me bring the big (10x12 gazebo) back so i can return it, and purchase at the new lower price. Well sear im to freaking do it, i wont let u keep my money.

A view from the inside of Sears Customer Service

I worked for the Sears "technical specialist" phone support department awhile back, and let me tell all of you on here who are skeptical in regards to complaints about appliances and service...these justifiably angry customers are not making things up. Sears is broken. I saw it from the inside over the course of many months working there until I got completely fed up with the bureaucratic nightmare of too many departments, receiving seven different answers for the same question, and imperious, uncaring management that treated some good, knowledgeable people there like robots. I helped customers troubleshoot problems with their appliances and lawn/garden equipment over the phone, and being technically minded and having mechanical knowledge, I enjoyed helping customers getting their items back up and running when it was a small issue such as a spark plug not attached properly, a flooded engine, or a clogged lint screen on a dryer. However, when people genuinely needed a repair service call or called in about their warranty or protection agreement (the sales people at the stores often lie or have no idea about what exactly warranties and agreements cover just to make a sales commission) and having to tell them something is not covered due to that- the ugly wart ridden face of this now backwards company was exposed in its full horror. The company has terrible routing for service calls (especially if you live in states like Texas and Louisiana) and some customers will wait for weeks to get a tech out to their house under warranty and even then they may wait for even more time when the tech has to order parts and return. Often we in the department I worked for had a good idea of what part or parts were needed, but due to draconian policies that end up costing Sears more money and the customer more inconvenience, we were unable to order the parts for the repair and when we put notes in the service call for the tech, they cant even procure some of these most likely needed items with a couple of weeks of notice to bring out to the service call. The largest problem is the lack of consistency. Every phone person you get when you call in for service is different and the training their give at the company is woefully different from trainer to trainer. That was rough...listening to colleagues belittle customers who spent over $2,000 of hard earned money on a tractor that doesn't work (they are NOT built as well as they used to be by the way) with a condescending tone and telling them they are basically ***...but then they'll offer a "free consultation on home improvement projects" to the customer calling in. Its rather poor customer service to offer (*cough* excuse me.. pitch a sale) on a project that would cost thousands of dollars (beware of Sears Home Improvements) to a customer calling in because of a defective or broken product that has damaged their confidence in the company. Oh, some of those phone reps are good at it though, they'll pour honey in the caller's ear to accept the free consultation, especially because for everyone we'd transfer over to schedule a consult, we (the phone reps) would receive a $10 commission. We also got paid commission to avoid setting up service calls, which is good business sense if a call is not warranted, such as a clogged filter or a disconnected battery lead, all things we can walk a customer through how to fix on the phone. Again, though, reps often run too far with this idea and tell people random things to try so they can avoid service, rather than spending the time (good customer service) to walk a customer through the fix and make sure it worked. The company doesn't care much if a customer has to *** a day of work to wait around for a vague "8-5 pm" appointment and cares even less when the tech says they came by and said "no one was home" even though the customer is sitting inside waiting for someone you know... to knock on the door or use the phone to make a call that they have arrived. I feel bad for the really excellent techs that work for them, but again, techs are as inconsistent as any other department, there a few great ones and a whole lot of mediocre or bad ones. Good luck when you talk to the Delivery department too, one of the most broken and ridiculous of the Sears sub-departments. They are mostly overseas and talk on scripts, even to us when we called them for a customer! Most of the delivery people who bring out your merchandise have no idea on how your items work and they are not known for their subtle handling of appliances (so if you get a Sears Delivery team showing up at your house, watch them like a hawk, that is if they even show up on the date promised.) Perhaps the worst department of all is the Carry In service at the stores or repair centers. If you take in your warrantied push mower, often the people working will try to claim that you used "bad gas" or something like that and try to charge you for the repair, even though the unit has a manufacturer caused defective carburetor. They take weeks and weeks to repair these items, are terrible about informing customers about the status of their repairs, and yes, they even lose a lot of machines somehow. So, be extremely mindful of this when dropping off an item for warranty repair. Don't lose the receipt they give you under any circumstances. So, overall, be very, very careful if you choose to do business with Sears. I do not advise it, having seen how completely inefficient and ultimately doomed this company is from the inside. If you buy a Repair Protection Agreement, regular wear and tear maintenance is NOT COVERED, so don't let them lie to you at the store and tell you it is. Only Master Protection Agreements receive one free yearly preventative maintenance check, and if you're buying anything with a combustion engine, Sears does not put MPAs on those items, only the aforementioned Repair Protection Agreement will be sold on powered lawn equipment. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE if you go with just the standard manufacturer warranty that comes with your intended purchase, read it before you buy the item, especially if it is a Crafstman tractor. They only cover a lot of things for 30 to 90 day periods and after that they are very stingy on covering justifiable mechanical issues, so do your homework, because the sales people in the stores (minus the good ones) just want their commission and they are terrible at educating customers about warranties and protection agreements. I gave Sears the benefit of the doubt when I first started working for them, but now that I've had my eyes opened, I realize this company is no longer innovative and lives in a world that no longer exists. They continually lose tons of money, don't invest in technology for the business, and essentially are amputating one body part of the company at a time to keep the lights on until the CEO can make his pile of cash out of the real estate property on the books. The guy holds meetings over remote connections from his house in Florida and you never see him touring facilities, he's just a hedge fund billionaire with a gigantic ego that somehow empowers him to be a genius at retailing. Just go into your local Sears store, do you really see genius at work? Nope, just the slowest liquidation sale in the history of America.

Well I can say that Sears is a very good company to make business with. Unlike other companies who sell you a warranty and won't be there to service the warrantied item because they "went out of business".

Sears has been around for over 100 years. It's been there to take care of its customers then an will always be there for their customers. Sears hires the best technicians in the industry they set out to service. You won't get a rookie on your door step when it's time for your item to be repaired.

As to doing business, everyone is an adult, and should make a sound choice when it comes to making any major purchases. Sounds to me like this guy is just an ex disgruntled employee and I for one will not listen to anything he has to say.

@Me

Sears has been in business for 128 years, the bulk of it because they provided their customers with excellent customer support. I can promise you Sears won't be in business another 10 if they continue to allow their service department to deteriorate.

I have an MPA on all my appliances from Sears and I've had 5 visits for a broken dishwasher in the past 2 months alone.

"It's been there to take care of its customers then an will always be there for their customers".

Right.

Here's my tale of woe: https://www.sears.com/community/forums/topic/6-service-calls-on-my-dishwasher-so-far/

@Me

Wow, I see that you drink deply from the trough of the Sears kool-aid or you're a company media relations person. Disgruntled?

Hardly, I couldn't be happier that I no longer work for that abomination of a company that used to be one of the best. You also need to bone up on your reading comprehension skills a bit too. I pointed out consistency is one of, if not the most, glaring problem that Sears has with products and services. A few good situations (which perhaps you have been fortunate to experience with the company where you live if you're not a Media Relations person) and a whole lot of horror stories.

You talk about people being adults, part of being an adult is not burying your head in the sand and being a good company wage slave, but having principles that you live by. I do and Sears was counter to them, so I left and went to a far better employee with a future. You're out of your mind if you think Sears has 'always' been there for its customers. Sure, up until the late 1990s, I'd agree, now however?

At the rate they're going, they'll be in bankruptcy or liquidation in a couple of years. Everything I posted about is true, just go look at the thousands of similar complaints from customers, who were being adults and put their trust into Sears and got shafted for doing so. I know a dozen or more companies who will stand by their warranties and workmanship to a degree that Sears used to but hasn't for years. Many techs are rookies by the way.

I dealt with many service orders where one tech had no idea about some basic mechanical knowledge (i.e. how to replace a starter or how to level a mower deck) and they had to make a disabled or elderly customer wait TWO WEEKS for someone to do such basic repairs and maintenance. That's the thing, Sears has it set up to basically accuse the customer of lying and finding anyway to not honor a warranty. This is terrible business.

I'm not naive and know that a few people here and there will try to work the system, but its a tiny amount. Most people call in with genuine issues due to the poor design, cheap overseas materials, and almost nonexistent quality control that have stained the once proud names of Craftsman and Kenmore. I saw it, talking to hundreds of people a week and I was one agent out of dozens in just one service center in the US. That's there is to it.

Too bad Fast Eddie With The Huge Ego controls the company, because if he didn't have a controlling position he'd have been fired years ago. 30 quarters of straight losses is atrocious and it shows more and more each day as the death spiral continues.

Be wary of doing business with Sears is all I'm saying. If you're a media relations robot, please don't bother posting more company nonsense, I think the vast majority of folks in here know who's really telling the truth.

View more comments (2)
Service
Sears Repair

Sears in Warner Robins, Georgia - Horrific Customer Service & NO Accountability

2.5
I have been asked several times why Andrew and I absolutely refuse to shop at Sears and their affiliated companies. (We have bought a few, small items from a local Kmart over the years due to convenience.) The few times Andrew and I tried to be forgiving and shop at a Sears, we have had ridiculous customer service. All this to say, the email below accounts where my complete unwillingness to support Sears and affiliated companies started. You will read in the below email how Sears at an associate, department, store, and then at a corporate level was completely unhelpful in resolving an atrocious customer service issue that went into the realm of criminal actions (according to my associates in the legal profession). Corporate response can be acutely summed as, 'Thanks for your email; better luck next time.' "I am emailing today to bring to your attention an incident that occurred over two years ago. It was and continues to be the worst and most traumatic customer service encounter in my experience. On August 5, 2008, I dropped my car off at Sears in Athens, Georgia, to have it serviced. My parents have regularly shopped at and contracted for service with Sears for as long as I can remember. While I was there, the technician recommended I have a belt replaced soon. I agreed to bring the car in the following week to have the work completed. Later that day, the belt broke, so I brought the car back to Sears to have the work completed. This is where the story takes a turn for the ugly. During my interactions with the staff to have my car repaired, I had to deal with a large, African American woman who worked in the Auto Services department. I thought her tone was patronizing and rude. I asked to speak with her manager. An older, Caucasian man told me he was the department(?) manager. He said he could not do anything with her, but that he would be happy to help me. I thought this was odd, but since I was eager to fix my car, I proceeded. At a later point in ordering the part and the repair, I had to deal with the woman again. I had decided to start fresh. She was again patronizing, rude, and even at one point reached across the counter to grab me when I refused to submit to her. She used her size to attempt to intimidate me. I may be a small woman, but I cannot stand to be bullied. She continued until I was on the *** of tears. I rarely cry in front of my family, much less in public. I walked away from the situation realizing that the woman was not going to stop in her aggression and her manager was no assistance. My tears alerted another store associate who contacted a tall, Caucasian man who identified himself as the store manager. I relayed the story to him. To my knowledge, nothing was ever said or done to the woman. I was never contacted by anyone to discuss the experience or apologize. I worked in customer service during both college and graduate school, and I would have never dreamed of treating even the most belligerent customer like this. I would have been fired immediately. I was taught that if I felt for whatever reason I could not satisfy the needs of a customer to alert someone higher on the food chain. When I came back to pick-up my car, the woman was still there and made a specific point to be super sweet to each of the other customers except me. Since it is a small area, it is difficult to miss when someone looks past you to speak to the customer behind you in line. I paid for my car repairs and have refused since then to step foot into the Sears in Athens or to purchase or recommend any goods or products related to the Sears Company. I think of how much money may have been spent there during my wedding and as my husband and I purchase items for our home. It is sad to think that I feel sick each time I come near a store that I grew up loving."
Service
Sears Repair
Let the company propose a solution

Sears - Lying Customer Service Agents and No Follow Up Supervisors

Be advised the telephone agents at Sears Canada do not follow up on commitments the have made. I requested an investigation on a warranty dispute and THREE separate agents committed to having a supervisor follow up with a phone call to me within 24-48 hours. In each agents case, not one supervisor called back to ever address my concern or to follow up on status. In each agents case, I initially requested they get a supervisor on the phone, they put me on hold and each one said the same thing, "unfortunately ma'am, my supervisor is on another call at the moment". In addition, I asked the 2nd agent how the supervisor and any other agents would know of my issues so I would not have to keep repeating myself. He told me he would add notes on a "verification screen". Of course when I advised the 3rd agent of this, he indicated no such notes existed. After 3 weeks of being ignored, I finally sent emails before any action was taken. Going forward, I know to send SEVERAL emails with the same subject and text on the SAME DAY. This is a good way to get attention.

Appliance Review

Bad service!!! The contractors that delivered my damaged appliances. Were lazy, Il mannored, and incompetent. I'll never use sears again! They out source everything. Never got an invoice either. Over all.... Horrible experience !!!!

Sears - Delivery Guy doesn't know how to ring a door bell....no mattress AGAIN

Ordered a mattress on Sears.com, said Delivery Oct 2. Checked on Oct 1st, it said Delivery Oct 8th, called in to ask and had it changed to Oct 5th...on the 5th, Delivery Guy failed to delivery because he thought no one was home...failed to ring the door bell...called Sears a total of 9 times waiting for confirmation for redelivery...all 9 times they said I will receive a call back from dispatch, all 9 times I waited 1 hour and nothing...so now its delayed to Oct 7th...I hope they delivery this time....spent over $4k with Sears for this clumsy customer service...been sleeping on the floor for 3 days because of mattress delay...extremely unprofessional!!
Problem with delivery