Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears - Gazebo Return Review

Price guaranty for 14 days, well u could still return the item within 30 days, but why u want your clients to be returning item on prices that u have within the returnd days. Come on i bought a gazebo $750, 2 1/2 week later, item is on sale $539. Dont u think i want the difference, so they are making me bring the big (10x12 gazebo) back so i can return it, and purchase at the new lower price. Well sear im to freaking do it, i wont let u keep my money.

A view from the inside of Sears Customer Service

I worked for the Sears "technical specialist" phone support department awhile back, and let me tell all of you on here who are skeptical in regards to complaints about appliances and service...these justifiably angry customers are not making things up. Sears is broken. I saw it from the inside over the course of many months working there until I got completely fed up with the bureaucratic nightmare of too many departments, receiving seven different answers for the same question, and imperious, uncaring management that treated some good, knowledgeable people there like robots. I helped customers troubleshoot problems with their appliances and lawn/garden equipment over the phone, and being technically minded and having mechanical knowledge, I enjoyed helping customers getting their items back up and running when it was a small issue such as a spark plug not attached properly, a flooded engine, or a clogged lint screen on a dryer. However, when people genuinely needed a repair service call or called in about their warranty or protection agreement (the sales people at the stores often lie or have no idea about what exactly warranties and agreements cover just to make a sales commission) and having to tell them something is not covered due to that- the ugly wart ridden face of this now backwards company was exposed in its full horror. The company has terrible routing for service calls (especially if you live in states like Texas and Louisiana) and some customers will wait for weeks to get a tech out to their house under warranty and even then they may wait for even more time when the tech has to order parts and return. Often we in the department I worked for had a good idea of what part or parts were needed, but due to draconian policies that end up costing Sears more money and the customer more inconvenience, we were unable to order the parts for the repair and when we put notes in the service call for the tech, they cant even procure some of these most likely needed items with a couple of weeks of notice to bring out to the service call. The largest problem is the lack of consistency. Every phone person you get when you call in for service is different and the training their give at the company is woefully different from trainer to trainer. That was rough...listening to colleagues belittle customers who spent over $2,000 of hard earned money on a tractor that doesn't work (they are NOT built as well as they used to be by the way) with a condescending tone and telling them they are basically ***...but then they'll offer a "free consultation on home improvement projects" to the customer calling in. Its rather poor customer service to offer (*cough* excuse me.. pitch a sale) on a project that would cost thousands of dollars (beware of Sears Home Improvements) to a customer calling in because of a defective or broken product that has damaged their confidence in the company. Oh, some of those phone reps are good at it though, they'll pour honey in the caller's ear to accept the free consultation, especially because for everyone we'd transfer over to schedule a consult, we (the phone reps) would receive a $10 commission. We also got paid commission to avoid setting up service calls, which is good business sense if a call is not warranted, such as a clogged filter or a disconnected battery lead, all things we can walk a customer through how to fix on the phone. Again, though, reps often run too far with this idea and tell people random things to try so they can avoid service, rather than spending the time (good customer service) to walk a customer through the fix and make sure it worked. The company doesn't care much if a customer has to *** a day of work to wait around for a vague "8-5 pm" appointment and cares even less when the tech says they came by and said "no one was home" even though the customer is sitting inside waiting for someone you know... to knock on the door or use the phone to make a call that they have arrived. I feel bad for the really excellent techs that work for them, but again, techs are as inconsistent as any other department, there a few great ones and a whole lot of mediocre or bad ones. Good luck when you talk to the Delivery department too, one of the most broken and ridiculous of the Sears sub-departments. They are mostly overseas and talk on scripts, even to us when we called them for a customer! Most of the delivery people who bring out your merchandise have no idea on how your items work and they are not known for their subtle handling of appliances (so if you get a Sears Delivery team showing up at your house, watch them like a hawk, that is if they even show up on the date promised.) Perhaps the worst department of all is the Carry In service at the stores or repair centers. If you take in your warrantied push mower, often the people working will try to claim that you used "bad gas" or something like that and try to charge you for the repair, even though the unit has a manufacturer caused defective carburetor. They take weeks and weeks to repair these items, are terrible about informing customers about the status of their repairs, and yes, they even lose a lot of machines somehow. So, be extremely mindful of this when dropping off an item for warranty repair. Don't lose the receipt they give you under any circumstances. So, overall, be very, very careful if you choose to do business with Sears. I do not advise it, having seen how completely inefficient and ultimately doomed this company is from the inside. If you buy a Repair Protection Agreement, regular wear and tear maintenance is NOT COVERED, so don't let them lie to you at the store and tell you it is. Only Master Protection Agreements receive one free yearly preventative maintenance check, and if you're buying anything with a combustion engine, Sears does not put MPAs on those items, only the aforementioned Repair Protection Agreement will be sold on powered lawn equipment. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE if you go with just the standard manufacturer warranty that comes with your intended purchase, read it before you buy the item, especially if it is a Crafstman tractor. They only cover a lot of things for 30 to 90 day periods and after that they are very stingy on covering justifiable mechanical issues, so do your homework, because the sales people in the stores (minus the good ones) just want their commission and they are terrible at educating customers about warranties and protection agreements. I gave Sears the benefit of the doubt when I first started working for them, but now that I've had my eyes opened, I realize this company is no longer innovative and lives in a world that no longer exists. They continually lose tons of money, don't invest in technology for the business, and essentially are amputating one body part of the company at a time to keep the lights on until the CEO can make his pile of cash out of the real estate property on the books. The guy holds meetings over remote connections from his house in Florida and you never see him touring facilities, he's just a hedge fund billionaire with a gigantic ego that somehow empowers him to be a genius at retailing. Just go into your local Sears store, do you really see genius at work? Nope, just the slowest liquidation sale in the history of America.

Well I can say that Sears is a very good company to make business with. Unlike other companies who sell you a warranty and won't be there to service the warrantied item because they "went out of business".

Sears has been around for over 100 years. It's been there to take care of its customers then an will always be there for their customers. Sears hires the best technicians in the industry they set out to service. You won't get a rookie on your door step when it's time for your item to be repaired.

As to doing business, everyone is an adult, and should make a sound choice when it comes to making any major purchases. Sounds to me like this guy is just an ex disgruntled employee and I for one will not listen to anything he has to say.

@Me

Sears has been in business for 128 years, the bulk of it because they provided their customers with excellent customer support. I can promise you Sears won't be in business another 10 if they continue to allow their service department to deteriorate.

I have an MPA on all my appliances from Sears and I've had 5 visits for a broken dishwasher in the past 2 months alone.

"It's been there to take care of its customers then an will always be there for their customers".

Right.

Here's my tale of woe: https://www.sears.com/community/forums/topic/6-service-calls-on-my-dishwasher-so-far/

@Me

Wow, I see that you drink deply from the trough of the Sears kool-aid or you're a company media relations person. Disgruntled?

Hardly, I couldn't be happier that I no longer work for that abomination of a company that used to be one of the best. You also need to bone up on your reading comprehension skills a bit too. I pointed out consistency is one of, if not the most, glaring problem that Sears has with products and services. A few good situations (which perhaps you have been fortunate to experience with the company where you live if you're not a Media Relations person) and a whole lot of horror stories.

You talk about people being adults, part of being an adult is not burying your head in the sand and being a good company wage slave, but having principles that you live by. I do and Sears was counter to them, so I left and went to a far better employee with a future. You're out of your mind if you think Sears has 'always' been there for its customers. Sure, up until the late 1990s, I'd agree, now however?

At the rate they're going, they'll be in bankruptcy or liquidation in a couple of years. Everything I posted about is true, just go look at the thousands of similar complaints from customers, who were being adults and put their trust into Sears and got shafted for doing so. I know a dozen or more companies who will stand by their warranties and workmanship to a degree that Sears used to but hasn't for years. Many techs are rookies by the way.

I dealt with many service orders where one tech had no idea about some basic mechanical knowledge (i.e. how to replace a starter or how to level a mower deck) and they had to make a disabled or elderly customer wait TWO WEEKS for someone to do such basic repairs and maintenance. That's the thing, Sears has it set up to basically accuse the customer of lying and finding anyway to not honor a warranty. This is terrible business.

I'm not naive and know that a few people here and there will try to work the system, but its a tiny amount. Most people call in with genuine issues due to the poor design, cheap overseas materials, and almost nonexistent quality control that have stained the once proud names of Craftsman and Kenmore. I saw it, talking to hundreds of people a week and I was one agent out of dozens in just one service center in the US. That's there is to it.

Too bad Fast Eddie With The Huge Ego controls the company, because if he didn't have a controlling position he'd have been fired years ago. 30 quarters of straight losses is atrocious and it shows more and more each day as the death spiral continues.

Be wary of doing business with Sears is all I'm saying. If you're a media relations robot, please don't bother posting more company nonsense, I think the vast majority of folks in here know who's really telling the truth.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Warner Robins, Georgia - Horrific Customer Service & NO Accountability

2.5
I have been asked several times why Andrew and I absolutely refuse to shop at Sears and their affiliated companies. (We have bought a few, small items from a local Kmart over the years due to convenience.) The few times Andrew and I tried to be forgiving and shop at a Sears, we have had ridiculous customer service. All this to say, the email below accounts where my complete unwillingness to support Sears and affiliated companies started. You will read in the below email how Sears at an associate, department, store, and then at a corporate level was completely unhelpful in resolving an atrocious customer service issue that went into the realm of criminal actions (according to my associates in the legal profession). Corporate response can be acutely summed as, 'Thanks for your email; better luck next time.' "I am emailing today to bring to your attention an incident that occurred over two years ago. It was and continues to be the worst and most traumatic customer service encounter in my experience. On August 5, 2008, I dropped my car off at Sears in Athens, Georgia, to have it serviced. My parents have regularly shopped at and contracted for service with Sears for as long as I can remember. While I was there, the technician recommended I have a belt replaced soon. I agreed to bring the car in the following week to have the work completed. Later that day, the belt broke, so I brought the car back to Sears to have the work completed. This is where the story takes a turn for the ugly. During my interactions with the staff to have my car repaired, I had to deal with a large, African American woman who worked in the Auto Services department. I thought her tone was patronizing and rude. I asked to speak with her manager. An older, Caucasian man told me he was the department(?) manager. He said he could not do anything with her, but that he would be happy to help me. I thought this was odd, but since I was eager to fix my car, I proceeded. At a later point in ordering the part and the repair, I had to deal with the woman again. I had decided to start fresh. She was again patronizing, rude, and even at one point reached across the counter to grab me when I refused to submit to her. She used her size to attempt to intimidate me. I may be a small woman, but I cannot stand to be bullied. She continued until I was on the *** of tears. I rarely cry in front of my family, much less in public. I walked away from the situation realizing that the woman was not going to stop in her aggression and her manager was no assistance. My tears alerted another store associate who contacted a tall, Caucasian man who identified himself as the store manager. I relayed the story to him. To my knowledge, nothing was ever said or done to the woman. I was never contacted by anyone to discuss the experience or apologize. I worked in customer service during both college and graduate school, and I would have never dreamed of treating even the most belligerent customer like this. I would have been fired immediately. I was taught that if I felt for whatever reason I could not satisfy the needs of a customer to alert someone higher on the food chain. When I came back to pick-up my car, the woman was still there and made a specific point to be super sweet to each of the other customers except me. Since it is a small area, it is difficult to miss when someone looks past you to speak to the customer behind you in line. I paid for my car repairs and have refused since then to step foot into the Sears in Athens or to purchase or recommend any goods or products related to the Sears Company. I think of how much money may have been spent there during my wedding and as my husband and I purchase items for our home. It is sad to think that I feel sick each time I come near a store that I grew up loving."
Let the company propose a solution

Sears - Lying Customer Service Agents and No Follow Up Supervisors

Be advised the telephone agents at Sears Canada do not follow up on commitments the have made. I requested an investigation on a warranty dispute and THREE separate agents committed to having a supervisor follow up with a phone call to me within 24-48 hours. In each agents case, not one supervisor called back to ever address my concern or to follow up on status. In each agents case, I initially requested they get a supervisor on the phone, they put me on hold and each one said the same thing, "unfortunately ma'am, my supervisor is on another call at the moment". In addition, I asked the 2nd agent how the supervisor and any other agents would know of my issues so I would not have to keep repeating myself. He told me he would add notes on a "verification screen". Of course when I advised the 3rd agent of this, he indicated no such notes existed. After 3 weeks of being ignored, I finally sent emails before any action was taken. Going forward, I know to send SEVERAL emails with the same subject and text on the SAME DAY. This is a good way to get attention.

Appliance Review

Bad service!!! The contractors that delivered my damaged appliances. Were lazy, Il mannored, and incompetent. I'll never use sears again! They out source everything. Never got an invoice either. Over all.... Horrible experience !!!!

Sears - Delivery Guy doesn't know how to ring a door bell....no mattress AGAIN

Ordered a mattress on Sears.com, said Delivery Oct 2. Checked on Oct 1st, it said Delivery Oct 8th, called in to ask and had it changed to Oct 5th...on the 5th, Delivery Guy failed to delivery because he thought no one was home...failed to ring the door bell...called Sears a total of 9 times waiting for confirmation for redelivery...all 9 times they said I will receive a call back from dispatch, all 9 times I waited 1 hour and nothing...so now its delayed to Oct 7th...I hope they delivery this time....spent over $4k with Sears for this clumsy customer service...been sleeping on the floor for 3 days because of mattress delay...extremely unprofessional!!
Problem with delivery
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • terrible delivery service

Sears - Labor Payment Review

All Seasons Mechanical I was a contractor for sears for four years I have saw them take advantage of so many people I tried to get customers what they paid for after other contractors messed up the job completely. Now they refuse to pay me I would advise everyone to stay away from Sears compleatly.

Get this one; Labor Ready in Albany, NY workers called the cops on the brach that started paying every week instead of every day like the sign says. We are going to change that back to daily pay in Scenectady too!

It's false advertizement to not pay each day as the sign says; "Daily work, daily pay."

But it's getting deeper still!

NOW I'm told one has to call in before the Friday they're paid to let them know to pay you for the hours you worked...ISN'T THAT WHAT WE TURN IN THE TICKETS FOR? For 4 months I've gotten paid for the days I worked there and now all of a sudden, I have to call and tell them I worked somewhere???

Review

Sears - Repair man never showed after waiting all day and then they couldn't reschedule for a week.

I am writing to tell you about our very upsetting sears experience. My husband and I both had been out of the country while my father was at our home watching our four young children. While here our washing machine, which is fairly new and was bought at sears, stopped working. It was reading a code that said the door was open, however the door was shut. You can imagine the laundry that was building up having four young children. My father made the EARLIEST appointment , which was Sat. between 3-7 (four days after the machine broke). Because he had to take my daughter to a 3:00 soccer game and then pick me up at the airport, he hired someone for $15.00 an hour to sit in our house and wait for the repair man. She was there from 2:30-5:00. We all walked in the door at 4:45 and she said no one had arrived, but that the phone did ring once just a few minutes prior to us coming home but she was in the restroom and unable to get to the phone in time. I immediately (despite the fact that I had not seen my kids for over a week) picked up the phone to check the messages. It was from sears saying the repairman was on his way to our house, his last and final stop. If there was is a problem or we need to reschedule to please call 1800 469 4663. Since there was not a problem AND we did not need to reschedule, we did not call! We assumed from that message he would be there at any moment. After an hour of waiting and snuggling our children, we thought it was odd that the repair man had not yet arrived so we called the 1800 number. The first time we called the women disconnected us. So we called back. The second time . This time we got a representative that said the repair man decided to NOT COME to our house since we did not answer when he called. WHAT? I still have the voice mail on my machine and It CLEARLY states that I should call if there is a problem with him coming. We asked to speak to a supervisor and we were transferred to Aron #803565, who I have to admit stayed very calm despite how upset both my husband and I were/are, he went on to inform us that the next soonest appointment would be next Thursday…9 days from when my father first called. As I stated to Aron on several occasions, this is unacceptable. We have called anther repair company that is coming out TODAY and fixing the issue. We will no longer be using SEARS for any of our needs and we plan to write an online review so others can know and be warned of your awful procedures and customer service. Shame on you SEARS!
Preferred solution
use another company to fix my issues and never use Sears again!

Sears in Findlay, Ohio - Ruined our engine

WE were driving from Florida to Michigan to relocate. We wanted to be sure the car was safe with two toddlers. We had the oil changes etc at Sears. THey did not put clamps on properly and the oil leaked out on Sunday morning in bumf... Ohio where there was no one open. So here we were, on the side if the road with two crying babies and we had no cell phones then. Sooooo, this *** poor service has been going on for a very long time..... All they said was well we must have done something g after they did the service...BS>>>>>
Damaged or defective
Loss

Sears in Marietta, Ohio - Shoddy merchandise, slow service, expensive fix

I bought a refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and microwave from Sears 1 1/2 years ago. Three months ago, the frig began to malfunction. It would not stop making ice. I emptied ice tray daily for a couple of months when frig started leaking water onto my new wood floors. I called for a repairman & was told I cou;dn't have anyone for 3 weeks. He came today, fixed the problem in ine hour and charged me $204. I protest that this should not have happened to a new refrigerator in the frst place and if it di, a repairman should have been available within a few days and I protest the exorbitant cost. Also. in spite of the fact that I moved my refrigerator away from the wall daily to clean up leaking water, my new wood floors are discolored due to the water. Shoddy merchandise and terrible service. I would not recommend Sears to anyone.
Review
#542038 Review #542038 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Full refund