Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Riverside, California - False Information from Customer Representative

I called Sear's customer service and spent about 30 minutes talking to a representative before purchasing 2 Wii U Deluxe Bundles. I clearly asked the representative every possible question about the price matching policy - especially when I'm trying to price match online Sears with another Sears store. The representative told me that if I have a copy of the receipt of the Wii U for a lower price, I can bring my Wii U in for a price match/refund in differences. That's what I did and I was rejected by 2 local Sears in Riverside,CA. Both the representatives at the two stores told me that the person I spoke on the phone with didn't know what she was talking about. I felt like I was wrongly induced into buying the products. I ended up return both Wii U Bundles to the local Sears and I will never do business with Sears ever again. To conclude, I did not lose any money; however, the time and effort that I wasted really made me angry.

Sears in Bloomington, Illinois - Broken Microwave, Broken Promise

I purchase a microwave from the outlet store in Nashville. They said the microwave was working fine but had two dents. I took it home and installed it. I noticed right away that it took a very long time to heat up food. I had purchased the warranty so I called to have a technician come out and look at it. They sent a technician out who proceeded to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the unit. I showed him that it took over 8 minutes to cook a bag of microwave popcorn. He told me he couldn’t do anything. I continued to use the microwave and it eventually stopped heating all together. I called Sears again and they set up a second appointment. Well, the day came and went but not technician showed up. I called back and they apologized and said they would reschedule. It was 2 weeks before I could make another appointment. The second appointment came and went with another no show. I called back and was very angry. The person at the call center asked me if I had received the parts yet. I explained that no technician had been to my house to even look at the unit. She said that they had cancelled the appointment because the parts were on back order and that someone should have contacted me to reschedule. She said to call back when the parts arrived. Another 1.5 weeks passed and the parts finally arrived. By this time someone from their executive response team had been in touch with me to ensure that the issue was handled. I called them back and set another appointment because the parts were finally in. Surprise, they were a no show for a third time in a row. I called back and demanded a refund as I could not wait for them to figure things out any more. They refused to refund the money and told me that I would have to file suit against them to get it. I went yesterday and filed a complaint in General Sessions Court, so we will see what a local judge says. I am a single father with sole custody of 3 children, one who is in treatment for a brain tumor. I working microwave is a necessity, but they just don’t care. Avoid Sears and their joke of a warranty at all costs.
Loss

Sears in Temecula, California - Refund......

had a damage micorwave. had it return to the store said i would be getting a refund check in the mail in 7 10 days ... had to waste time call sears got the run around..had to drive up there several this went on for 3 weeks ..then found out they never sent the check bad service treat u like after they get your money ..went to the store one last time..was made to wait an hour...did get my refund...people were rude...temecula store.. sears..temecula california ..please avoid this store at all cost... and then only give me back 216.00 instead of 247.00 after all this time..terrible service ...from the manager to the salespeople...

Sears in Chatsworth, California - Horrible First (and Last) Experience

Patronizing this Third Party Vendor as well as Sears is by far the most infuriating experience I have ever encountered with merchants. I now know why Sears and its subsidiaries are plagued with so many financial woes- they insensitively mistreat their customers to the point that very few continue to do business with them. In my recent (and only) experience, I have been troubled time after time by their lack of business savvy, professionalism, and incompetence.To have the first item delivered be the wrong item and then the second item delivered to the wrong person/address speaks to why I am poorly rating these companies. Now the item is out of stock and neither merchants had any regard to my financial loss due to the other items I purchased to accompany this set that cannot be returned. Thus, I give them both a poor rating and would give them a negative rating if possible. I am currently in the process of taking action to be compensated for their their misfeasance, but thought is wise to advise others to avoid conducing business with either Sears or their Third Party Vendor, ErgodE.

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for sharing with us about your order situation, and we apologize for receiving the item wrong multiple times. We’d like to speak with you, and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you to make sure this situation is resolved and you've been taken care of.

At your soonest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous484214), and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.

Social Media Support Team

I'd call and demand a discount on your bill and a refund on any and all delivery charges. They hire third party contractors to deliver and install their products.

I'm so sorry for this. I had one guy come to our house and although I had it in the contract that they run the washing machine to make sure it wasn't going to leak, the guy refused, until I called corporate while he was still there and my husband showed up at the same time. The guy did as he was told, but you could tell he was pretty ticked.

He was about to walk out the door. Trust me, had he done that, that washing machine was going right out with him, crammed up his backside.

SEARS Auto REFUSES to Honor Tire Warranty

I experienced the exact same service as many others from Sears Auto. The Sears Auto Sales reps at 1178 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066 refused to even inspect my tire and immediately began berating my knowledge of the warranty. Both Raymond and Rick used bullying and intimidation tactics to prevent people from reporting tire defects. They lied and told me it was not SEARS problem. Then they said it was MY FAULT for not having them rotated at SEARS. I spent over $1,000 on 4 tires and in 2yrs, they shredded. When they sold me the tires, the sales rep re-assured me on the great warranty protection and excellent customer service. However, when I came in today to have my tires replaced under the warranty, not only was RICK a *** but he continued his verbal abuse towards other customers who also brought their car in for warranty redemption. The 1st thing Rick said to my face was, "DID YOU READ THE WARRANTY because if you READ the WARRANTY you'll understand this is NOT SEARS PROBLEM?" Why would you even ask me if I read the warranty instead of investigating and checking the car first? What if I wasn't a native speaker or couldn't quite understand the "fine print" on the back of the warranty? Is this a justification to berate CUSTOMERS who ask for tire replacement assistance? In the end, they refused to do anything! BUYER BEWARE!
#819622

I was told that the tires I had purchased had no warranty. That was after I was told that the tires had been discontinued.

Yea. I was told to come back when I had my warranty papers on the tires. The service guy had changed my oil and checked alignment(which all four tires were in perfect alignment I was informed). When I went back after finding warranty papers, the person who was helping me could not find my information in the computer on my last visit.

The guy that said I had no warranty walks over and tries to control the conversation. He, who had once said that I had no warranty, was now showing me a booklet and stating that my tires had a 50,000 tread wear warranty and not 65,000. The nice young lad that was trying to help me couldn't find info on my last visit in the computer so he was going to check the paper work they keep in their files. The supervisor told him that paper work was last year and had been put away and it would be impossible to try and find it because it was way in the back.

Back where? I don't know. But I have a degree in accounting and no business files last year's records where they cannot easily refer back to them. Last year had been in November 2013 and it was first part of February2014.

One would think that this information would still be needed for tax filing purposes and not kept somewhere impossible to locate.

I had paid money for the oil change they did. Wouldn't one think, "where did the money go that I had paid?" Had to show somewhere right?

As someone who wholesales tires for a living I can tell you that there are very few warranties out there offered by tire manufacturers. That being said the fact that all 4 tires shredded leads me to believe that perhaps there was improper maintenance performed.

Ensuring the correct tire pressure is VERY important in ensuring the longevity of your tires. It sounds like your tires were under inflated for some time which lead to them 'shredding.' I wouldn't imagine that it was Sear's fault that you didn't maintain your tires adequately

Hi keithlee_76,

We appreciate you for letting us know about how you were treated at one of our auto centers, and we’re sorry for the level of customer service provided as well as to how we made you feel. We’d like to speak with you and have one of our dedicated case managers help you in getting this issue resolved.

At your convenience please contact our office at smadvisor@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with your contact #, screen name (keithlee_76), and the phone # used at time of purchase. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences faced.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.

Social Media Support Team

View more comments (2)
Sears Replacement

Sears - Last Sep of 2013, Hamlet bought was not complete. March 2014 collapsed.

After three shipments finally had a complete package. Assembled exactly as instructed. ( felt good at that point ) March 2014 roof collapsed. Called store was told to call Arrow. Called Arrow was told it was " Act of God ". WOW, since I am Unitarian and really do not judge if God " Acts ". The shed is not made to hold snow at all, maybe an inch but not for Minnesota or any place where the snow stays on the roof for an extended period of time. Do Not buy Arrow if you live north of the Mason Dixie Line or south either for that matter.
With Official Company Response

Sears Craftsman power washer will not work

I am really disappointed in my Sears Craftsman power washer. I bought it 2 years ago. I've used it less than 10 times. I hookup water and go to start it and the pump freezes up to where you can barely pull the starter cord. After I unhook everything and wait 15 minutes I go and try to start it and the engine starts. So I know it's in the pump. I'm really disappointed in this product. All my power lawn equipment is sears craftsman and I am very loyal sears customer, however this has given me reason to pause. To replace the pump it would cost me $200. I think sears should pick up the cost. If they don't I will be shopping elsewhere in the future.
Sears Response

Hollenstine, have you talked to a Sears employee about this?

Mike_mn

Power/pressure washers are notorious for the pumps failing! Name brands are no exception.

In almost all cases, it is the customers fault.

Depending on the climate, improper storage will ruin the pump. In freezing climates, the unit should be stored inside a heated area for the winter.

Leaving the unit freeze, even if you believe it to be drained, will ruin the pump if there is even a small amount of water in it. These pumps are made from Aluminum, and even a small amount of water will freeze and expand to crack the housing and/or ruin the impeller.

Sears in Dixon, Illinois - Faliure to warrantee mower

Had mower motor go bad within the two year warrantee period. Through a rod. I changed the oil, plug, and filter and stored for winter. When I started it up in the spring the mower through a rod. Sears says it had no oil in it. When I took it in, the store manager checked the oil and saw that it was clean and as I said. The mower was under warrantee, yet the repair dept. said it failed because of lubrication. The mower was a low budget model, ($199.00 new) however to repair the mower they wanted $362.00. Never again will I buy from Sears.
Sears Response

Has this issue been resolved for you?

Sears Response

Has this mower issue been resolved for you?

first you might want to spellcheck your complaint next time there are a number of errors that'll make people think twice about taking your complaint seriously. it's "warranty" not "warrantee" and it's "threw a rod" not "through a rod".

your timeline doesn't make sense either.

you say they tell you it failed because of lubrication or rather LACK of lubrication. you say first "sears says it had no oil in it" but then right after you say "when i took it in the store manager checked the oil and saw that it was clean"

so which is it?

did you bring it in and the SM saw the clean oil then magically the oil was gone?

i smell *** with this complaint and i bet you got found out for having no lubrication in the unit then tried putting it in and then coming back another time and talking to the store manager.

engines do throw rods for lack of lubrication there's just no way otherwise it would have.

so next time take better proper care of your equipment and stop putting the blame on sears. i've dealt with them with my own tool issues and been taken care of and when i had a mower issue i took it to them to have them tell me why it wasn't covered under warranty due to the fact it was stored with gas in it during the winter which gas goes BAD and screws up the carb which is NOT covered under any warranty.

View more comments (2)
Sears Repair

Sears gave false information

We bought a Nordic Track 7700 from Sears and they said it was the same exact model as Nordic Track sells and that I could buy it from Nordic Track. I know companies change the quality, motor, etc. when selling to lower quality stores (sears does not have quality merchandise for the most part). He assured me that it was the same exact machine as Nordic Track and that I could buy the 7700 directly from them. That was an untruth. He said that the console would project to the TV screen (I'm short and can't see the console and want to do the google map routes and use the browser and be able to see it). He assured me that the browser and trail maps would all display on the TV screen so I could see them. That was an untruth. He also told me that the ifit subscription was free with the machine I bought. I tried to pay for it and he said it was included with this machine. That was an untruth. All of which was false. Nordic Track was very unhelpful and one person was rude and in so many words said it was my problem. If they are going to use Sears as an agent then it's their problem too. He told me it would be 30mns to 1hour set up and simple. It was difficult, complicated and 4 hours. That was an untruth. I posted my complaint on Sears and a representative, for the sake of customers reading these posts, asked me to send my contact info so they could help me. I sent it and never heard from them—I pretty much figured it was an empty gesture from everything I've heard about Sears customer service (oxymoron). After many attempts to talk to the Store Manager we finally got a hold of him and he said we could return it (duh, that's the law) but he wouldn't pick it up for 2 weeks and after that he would give us our money back. My husband asked if he really wanted to lose a customer over a simple product pickup and he was completely unconcerned about it. I have written many reviews on Sears and Nordic Track today (Nordic Track needs to sell through someone else) but hadn't written one to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but we are going to do that tonight when my husband gets home. Buy socks on sale but NOTHING else from Sears, too many good reputable places to have to deal with a place like Sears.

Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the information on your Nordic Track. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team.

Please accept our apology for the issues that you experienced. We would like to a have a case manager contact you to discuss your concerns in greater detail. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information –contact phone number, screen name (Anonymous482426), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

Sears Social Media Support

Actually regarding return laws in South Dakota "There are no state laws regulating return policies. Each store may set its own policy."

Sears Manager
Tags
  • didn t care

Sears - Microwave oven broke

My name is Robert Lightcap. I live with my wifw at 2123 Glenview St., Phila. Pa. We purchased a Kenmore microwave oven at K-Mart in June of 2012 for which we have a receipt. On April 1, 2014, we started to have some trouble with it. When I put something in it to cook or reheat, the timer would start, but the turntable would not go around. I tapped on the door and then it would start to turn. This happened a few times during the next few days. On Sunday, April 6th, while cooking bacon for breakfast, the motor stopped about half way through. but the timer kept going. I tapped on the door but nothing happened. I closed the door a little harder and turned the turntable by hand, but nothing worked. I spent all day Monday trying to get some help on the phone, but to no avail. I finally talked to a supervisor, who told me that no one outside of Corporate Headquarters had the authority to to have it replaced or repaired @ no cost to us. She gave me the e-mail address to Corporate Headquarters, which I have been unable to bring up on any computer that I tried on. The e-mail address she gave me, which I later confirmed, is shc@customerservice.sears.com It comes up on google, but there are 28,000 sites to chose from and the only one where I could lodge a complaint was this one. We are Senior Citizens and on a fixed income from Social Security. I know that's not your problem, but we try to buy reliable products so We don't have these problems. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a microwave oven to last more than 22 months without spending extra money on an extended warranty. In My opinion, if you are selling extended warranties on your products, then you must not think to much of your workmanship. I am requesting to either have Our microwave replaced or repaired at no cost to us. On our income, we can't afford to buy a new microwave every 22 months. I can only tell you that if we have to purchase a new microwave on May 3rd, when we get our checks, you can rest assured it won't be a Kenmore. I would certainly appreciate anything you can do for us. We need a break. Thank you Robert Lightcap 2123 Glenview St. Phila. Pa. 19149 e-mail rblsr.1@comcast.net