Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response
So last year,before the Patriots were going to face the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl. I decided to go to Sears to purchase a Patriots hat.I saw an employee on his phone looking like if he was texting.So I got the hat and I went up to the counter and the employee went...

Okay, I still don't see your problem. You're mad because they mentioned the sears rewards program, or that your father was threatening an employee?

What I see here is someone who has no rhyme or reason to complain but you should be thanking the manager for not calling the police on the likes of YOU! This is not a complaint, but more like whining.

Sears Manager
With Official Company Response
I purchased a Sole F80 from Sears over a week ago with delivery and set-up. Treadmill delivery was delayed because of weather. Delivery was rescheduled for Friday. When the treadmill arrived, it was damaged in the box. Delivery team recommended returning to sears...

I agree with Bianca. They will do what they can to keep your money.

I don't know how they get away we it legally but I think they are hoping that the customer has no money for any legal representation.

Someone is pocketing that money somehow. I have read about hundreds of people that have lost monies spent on different things and never saw a dime of their money. No product and no money returned,

And if you're trying to get a credit on your card FORGET ABOUT IT.

I think that the employees are so poorly trained that they have no idea what to do to help the customer and most don't care. They are so busy on their cell phones and having fun that they don't do their job.

I have also read about the winter park, fla. store call center where all SORTS of tawdry things are going on. Intimidation of other employees and supervisors that are the lowest of the low using the good employees and making it just *** for anyone that has any intelligence. I do,hope you can get your treadmill but I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest.

I would just get my money back (if that is at all possible) and go somewhere else. Good luck....

Sears Delivery Service
With Official Company Response

NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my husband ordered a tool from sears on a Friday, when we ordered it for store pick up there was two in stock later on the day we got an email stating the product was out of stock and that our credit card was not charged, so i check my bank account and turns out my credit card was charged. so i call the 1-800 number and try to speak to someone whom i can understand and was impossible. i tried telling them that the email stated twice that my credit card was not charged but in fact was and they kept telling me that is shouldn't have so i then told them that it was and so on. i then tell them so when am i getting my money back and they proceeded to tell them that they would put in a ticket for an investigation and that they would let me know the results of the investigation with in 5-7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i was mad!! and told them okay well then ship me my tool and they have the guts to tell me well we can but we would have to charge your credit card AGAIN!!!!!!!!! i was like what is this a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this company is a joke me nor my husband will ever buy from them !!!!!

Contact your state attorney general's office and report Sears. I see someone from Sears already contacted you, but who cares.

When they accepted your money and did not refund your money within the first few days after they realized the item was out of stock, it's called fraud. FRAUD SEARS!

Are ya paying attention? Report them.

Mike_mn

Probably there online ordering and charging systems are flawed and don't communicate to each other.

Here's a dirty little secret about refunds. Retail makes millions each year on the REFUND money that's in the system.

They make interest on it! Why else do they always wait weeks until they refund!

Not because it takes that long - it's electrinic!!! It's becasue since they lost a sale, they want to make a few $'s on your money!

Dear Pedro4335,

Thank you for bring this matter to our attention surrounding the troubles you had with Sears.com. We can see how receiving contradicting information on the status of your order refund would leave you confused and discourage.

We’d like the chance to discuss this matter further with you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name that I created for you (pedro4335), and the phone # used at time of service to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Brookfield, Wisconsin - Failed Deliveries and Failed Promises

As many folks who have complained, I am a long time Sears customer purchasing many major items (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc.). And like many who have posted their complaints, my loyalty is forever damaged. My scenario: My 5 year old Kenmore Elite dryer died. The serviceman said that it would take at least a week to get the part. Given the cost of the part, I opted to decline the repair and decided to purchase a new dryer. I went to Sears (what was I thinking?) and was told that a new Kenmore dryer is in stock and would be delivered the next day. On that basis, I purchased it and took the next day off from work. Yes, you guessed it the dryer never came. I spoke to both "1-800" customer service and the salesperson at the local store (Brookfield, WI) and received apologies and a token promised compensation of a $50 gift certificate (to be processed within 24 hours). Well, against my better judgment, I accepted and agreed to receive the dryer the next day (day "2"). Again, I took time off from work. Yes, you guessed it, it never came. Fuming, I called "1-800" customer service. Boilerplate apologies with no indication of when it would be delivered. I spoke to the local store sales asst. manager and after half-a-dozen explanations, she promised to follow-up. She returned my call and said that the dryer will not be available for another 4 days! I asked to speak to the store manager. George the store manager said that he shares with my frustrations but he has no control on the delivery/operations processes. Hmm, you wonder why Sears is in trouble if they can't even coordinate simple logistics. Infuriated, I went in to Sears to get a refund. Before the refund was approved, another assistant manager intervened. He said that he has "pull" and promised to get it resolved and asked me to wait one more day. He promised to call no later than noon and if he can't solve it then he would compensate my lost time and frustration very well. Being a sucker and holding some faith in mankind, I agreed. Yes, you guessed it, he never called. And oh, I never got the $50 gift certificate let alone the supposed other compensations I was to get for lost of goodwill. Last straw. Broken down management system. Lack of quality service. Failed promises. Unethical dealings. I have so many other Sears appliances and Craftsmen products. Sears doesn't have the management wisdom to realize the lost revenues they will incur from such practices.

Anonymous,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team.

We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your dryer purchase. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous472848), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

Sears Repair
With Official Company Response

SEARS IS A VERY UNETHICAL CROOK!!!!!!!!!!

My mother and I walked into the Sears store in Peoria, IL on November 30th in the afternoon. My husband had wrote down word for word what he wanted for Christmas and my mother was there to buy it for him. We handed the piece of paper to a male associate and he went to look to see if they carried the item. He found out that he didn't, but said he might be able to order it. He looked on his computer and said that he was indeed able to order the product. He said that it didn't come with the batteries or charger, but he said that if he has the Dewalt drill then this is just an add on to the collection and the batteries will be able to be used with the impact wrench kit. I said perfect then we wouldn't have all these batteries lying around in my garage. He proceeded to order the Dewalt Impact Wrench Kit. We walked out the door and went home. My Mom pulled out her receipt to find that the description on the receipt didn't match the piece of paper my husband had written the item description on. My Mom called me and I said to call the 800 number for Sears and see if they can stop the shipment since we had just ordered it that day. She called the 800 number and found out the item had already shipped. The person on the phone said that when she receives the wrong item to just take the receipt and the item into the store and they will return it for her for a full refund. As far as the new item, my Mom told the person that she would have me call in since I knew what my husband had wanted and order it with her credit card number. My Mom proceeded to hang up and call me with her credit card information. I called the same 800 number and ordered the correct item. The person on the other end of the line told me the total and said it would arrive on or before December 10th. I said perfect, is there anything else you need from me? She said no, is there anything else I can assist you with? I said no not at this time. We hung up. My mother received the item before December 10th, but didn't give it to my husband until Christmas Day. He opened it and didn't think anything about the battery situation. We came home and he took it out of the box. I told him what the guy told me at Sears about the battery from the drill would work with the wrench kit. He went out to the garage and found out that was not the case. I had been lied to. The battery for the drill is about twice the size. I proceeded to get the receipt from my mother. I called the Peoria, IL store on January 10th to see how they wanted to process the exchange since we needed the wrench kit with the batteries and charger. I talked to the store manager, Ryan Whalen. He proceeded to tell me that this item was bought from a vendor and that it can't be returned. I said I was never told that. I said they never once told me I couldn't return this item for a full refund or exchange it. I said it's not my problem that Sears has some of their items fulfilled by a vendor. What they do on the backside has nothing to do with the customers. He said that he would call the vendor to see if it could be returned since it was purchased outside of the return window. I said I don't want to return it, I want to exchange it. I wanted to exchange the item for what should've been bought the first time if the sales associate didn't lie to me to begin with, but they didn't give me the option. My mother and I could've made an educated decision on the Christmas item to buy, but the sales person didn't give me that option.

Dear Anonymous 472713,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Sears experiencing surrounding the ordering issues the drill and battery. We do expect our sales associate to provide accurate information to our member at the time of sale and can see that this was not the case during your interaction with the associate.

At this time we’d like to partner you with a member of our case management team that can further research your situation for the best possible solution. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name that I created for you (Anonymous 472713), and the phone # used at time of service to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

This is such a big deal that you waited almost two months to complain about it. I wouldn't necessarily say the salesperson lied to you, they probably didn't realize that the item would be shipped from a vendor and didn't know the difference.

@anonymous

Especially when most newer items have exchangeable batteries. It doesn't excuse the lack of exchange or return, but I would agree I don't think the salesman lied he was simply going on the current Dewalt products.

View more comments (2)
Loss
I was at the Sears stores at The Burlington Mall in Washington State to return an item. When I arrived the customer service person was waiting on a customer and I was the only person in line. He finished so I stepped up to the register to return my item. An elderly...
Mike_mn

Wow! Well, arn't you special!

Someday, your going to be older.

let's say... really old. Let's say, really really old, like 50! lol.

Or, elderly. It's a bit tougher for you to stand. It might be painfull. It might hurt.

You might really apprechiate someone letting you go before them.

But then, you'll never get THAT old, will you?

Well buddy, I'm hoping you do get that old.

For your own good long life, AND, you will see how it is when your body doesn't agree with your mind.

Old people can be jerks also. Get over it.

Don't Order Anything for Delivery From Sears Canada

Dear Customer Service Rep, I am writing to inform you that your company especially the catalogue department are the most unprofessional individuals that I have ever dealt with. I made an order on 12/08 from your website which bugged and generated the wrong addressed. I called on 12/16 to inform you of the problem and to my surprise your associate told me that there is no way to change an order even though the order has not been processed or shipped. He order to make another order for pick up this time and told me that a note will be added indicating a credit for the new COD order. I called again on 12/17 to confirm this. This time your associate named Alain Bachalani assured me that I all needed was to go to the catalogue desk and provide them with the information. The employee working there will be able to see a note and give me my order. Now, on 01/19 I went to the store to pick up my order. However, there was no note attached and they tried to double charge me. On top of that I found out today after three hours of calling that not only was the first order with the wrong address not cancelled like what the associated promised me but Sears shipped it out via UPS with a tracking number indicating the final destination to be Buffalo, NY. Even though the wrong address still featured a Canadian postal code. In closing, I would like to tell you that I will be contacting my CC company tomorrow to dispute all the charges. I will never order another product from Sears and I hope this will shine a light on how poor Sear's customer service is. Regards, Jerry
Loss

Excellent Experience With Outletzon (Sears Marketplace)

I was a bit skeptical of doing business with Outletzon because of a few negative reviews but figured I would take a chance given that Sears has always been a fantastic reseller for me over my entire life. Anyway, I ordered an expensive, semi-pro, video/still Manfrotto tripod head from Outletzon for about $389. All of the other marketplace vendors wanted substantially more money. Some as high as $650. The Website quoted delivery by 1/29/14. I received the item today 1/22/14 in perfect, new condition! That's 1 week ahead of schedule. And it was actually cheaper than Amazon and B&H. Way to go Outletzon! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sears Warranty Gotcha on Garage Door Opener

I called Sears warranty service today at 1-800-4-MY-HOME as the "smart control panel" for my Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener (Model # 139.53918D) no longer will open or close the garage door when the open/close button is pressed. This part failed after the first 12 months. The additional limited warranty on parts states, "From the 91st day up to 3 year from the date of purchase, replacement parts for any defective parts on this product will be furnished, free of charge. You pay for labor." Sears wants to charge $ 75.00 for a technician to come, so that they can press the button, and see nothing happening. The replacement cost on the part is ~ $ 95.00 + shipping. The part is easily replaced by the consumer, yet Sears won't ship the part without a technician coming out to examine the unit. This is a warning to any consumer's thinking that you'll be able to get free parts on Sears Craftsman products. Note that they require a $ 75.00 fee for a technician to come out to examine the defective part, so those parts aren't exactly going to be free as you'll be paying $ 75.00, and the exorbitant markups on parts from Sears is just another way that they get you. Beware!

Dear terminator2011,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, and we’re sorry for the problems encountered with your garage door opener. My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalation team.

We’d like to have one of our dedicated case managers look into this repair issue and make sure this issue is resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (terminator2011), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

We look forward speaking to you soon.

Edwin C.

terminator2011
@Sears Response

You guys have some Chutzpah! So Edwin made arrangements for the warranty service people to come out, and about two months ago they came out and replaced the garage door opener pad, and I thought all was well and done.

All is good..., right...well no!

Today 4/13/2014 I receive in the mail a "2nd Invoice", (Please note I never got a 1st invoice) from Sears, Invoice Date 4/7/2014, Invoice # 0007084-41781147 showing a balance of $ 57.05!!

So this FREE REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT THAT EDWIN C. SETUP, and that I had to wait approximately six weeks for due to THEIR SCHEDULING ISSUES, THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE COVERED BY THE WARRANTY FOR PARTS AND LABOR as agreed by Edwin C.

IS NOW being billed at $ 57.05 to me.

I just have no words to express my frustration and contempt for this company at this moment. Needless to say this bill needs to be credited internally within Sears, and attributed to WARRANTY SERVICE AS AGREED BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT.

What a cluster....

View more comments (1)
Review
#471969 Review #471969 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Shipping Service
With Official Company Response

Have craftsmen gas leaf blower,,,have warrenty till 2015,,have brought back to sears repair in burlingto nj repair site 6 times,,just got back blower on friday ,,blower ran for 5 minutes ,,new gasolin

this blower is a piece of junk,,have brought this to sears,burlington,nj repair store 6 times,,got it back Friday,,1/17/2014,,device ran for less than (5 minutes),,,tried to restart over 10 times,,,,going to return it to sears repairs,,burling, nj site,,rte 541,,,,,today,,1/20/2014 again,,,,,either they replace the engine or get me a new leaf blower or I WILL REPORT THIS TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ,NJ....I SICK OF THIS COMING BACK ALL THE TIME.IWANT THIS FIXED OR A NEW LEAF BLOWER,,6 TIMES IVE BEEN BACK,,,PIECE OF ***,,IM REALLY MAD,,,IM 72 AND HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH SEARS FOR OVER 45 YEARS,,,IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED,,ALL MY FRIENDS WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS,,AND THE SOCIAL NETWORKS !!!!!!!!!!! CHARLES CHIANESE 9 BEDFORD CT, EASTAMPTON,NJ 08060,,,,CHUCKY0178@GMAIL.COM,,,,,,6092671970

Hi anonymous471940,

Thank you for bringing your leaf blower service issues to our attention, we can see how having multiple service calls on your leaf blower would leave you feeling uneasy with our repair department. My name is Isaac and I’m with the Sears Social Media Support team.

At this time we want to partner you with a member of our case management team that will further review other available options for the leaf blower repair.

Please send the following information – your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (anonymous471940), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to post about your leaf blower repair and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

nikalseyn

You need to be more specific as to what the blower does. In other words, what are the symptoms?

Once you describe the symptoms, perhaps people would have an idea what the problem(s) could be. Obviously, something is wrong, but unless we know how it is acting, we cannot help you.

View more comments (1)
Review
#471940 Review #471940 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair