Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears Warranty Gotcha on Garage Door Opener

I called Sears warranty service today at 1-800-4-MY-HOME as the "smart control panel" for my Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener (Model # 139.53918D) no longer will open or close the garage door when the open/close button is pressed. This part failed after the first 12 months. The additional limited warranty on parts states, "From the 91st day up to 3 year from the date of purchase, replacement parts for any defective parts on this product will be furnished, free of charge. You pay for labor." Sears wants to charge $ 75.00 for a technician to come, so that they can press the button, and see nothing happening. The replacement cost on the part is ~ $ 95.00 + shipping. The part is easily replaced by the consumer, yet Sears won't ship the part without a technician coming out to examine the unit. This is a warning to any consumer's thinking that you'll be able to get free parts on Sears Craftsman products. Note that they require a $ 75.00 fee for a technician to come out to examine the defective part, so those parts aren't exactly going to be free as you'll be paying $ 75.00, and the exorbitant markups on parts from Sears is just another way that they get you. Beware!

Dear terminator2011,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, and we’re sorry for the problems encountered with your garage door opener. My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalation team.

We’d like to have one of our dedicated case managers look into this repair issue and make sure this issue is resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (terminator2011), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

We look forward speaking to you soon.

Edwin C.

terminator2011
@Sears Response

You guys have some Chutzpah! So Edwin made arrangements for the warranty service people to come out, and about two months ago they came out and replaced the garage door opener pad, and I thought all was well and done.

All is good..., right...well no!

Today 4/13/2014 I receive in the mail a "2nd Invoice", (Please note I never got a 1st invoice) from Sears, Invoice Date 4/7/2014, Invoice # 0007084-41781147 showing a balance of $ 57.05!!

So this FREE REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT THAT EDWIN C. SETUP, and that I had to wait approximately six weeks for due to THEIR SCHEDULING ISSUES, THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE COVERED BY THE WARRANTY FOR PARTS AND LABOR as agreed by Edwin C.

IS NOW being billed at $ 57.05 to me.

I just have no words to express my frustration and contempt for this company at this moment. Needless to say this bill needs to be credited internally within Sears, and attributed to WARRANTY SERVICE AS AGREED BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT.

What a cluster....

View more comments (1)
Review
#471969 Review #471969 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Shipping Service
Loss
With Official Company Response

Have craftsmen gas leaf blower,,,have warrenty till 2015,,have brought back to sears repair in burlingto nj repair site 6 times,,just got back blower on friday ,,blower ran for 5 minutes ,,new gasolin

this blower is a piece of junk,,have brought this to sears,burlington,nj repair store 6 times,,got it back Friday,,1/17/2014,,device ran for less than (5 minutes),,,tried to restart over 10 times,,,,going to return it to sears repairs,,burling, nj site,,rte 541,,,,,today,,1/20/2014 again,,,,,either they replace the engine or get me a new leaf blower or I WILL REPORT THIS TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ,NJ....I SICK OF THIS COMING BACK ALL THE TIME.IWANT THIS FIXED OR A NEW LEAF BLOWER,,6 TIMES IVE BEEN BACK,,,PIECE OF ***,,IM REALLY MAD,,,IM 72 AND HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH SEARS FOR OVER 45 YEARS,,,IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED,,ALL MY FRIENDS WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS,,AND THE SOCIAL NETWORKS !!!!!!!!!!! CHARLES CHIANESE 9 BEDFORD CT, EASTAMPTON,NJ 08060,,,,CHUCKY0178@GMAIL.COM,,,,,,6092671970

Hi anonymous471940,

Thank you for bringing your leaf blower service issues to our attention, we can see how having multiple service calls on your leaf blower would leave you feeling uneasy with our repair department. My name is Isaac and I’m with the Sears Social Media Support team.

At this time we want to partner you with a member of our case management team that will further review other available options for the leaf blower repair.

Please send the following information – your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (anonymous471940), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to post about your leaf blower repair and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Isaac D.

nikalseyn

You need to be more specific as to what the blower does. In other words, what are the symptoms?

Once you describe the symptoms, perhaps people would have an idea what the problem(s) could be. Obviously, something is wrong, but unless we know how it is acting, we cannot help you.

View more comments (1)
Review
#471940 Review #471940 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sears Repair
With Official Company Response
I purchased a Kenmore Elite dryer along with the Service Agreement. The dryer was okay - never good - but I had no service calls for 4 years. I extended the Service Agreement. The dryer stopped drying. The Agreement offers replacement if there are 4 or more repairs...

Hi anonymous471927,

Thank you for bringing the multiple repair service appointments for your dryer to our attention. We can understand why you are disappointed with the protection agreement after having so many service calls.

My name is Isaac and I’m member with the Sears Social Media Support team. We would like to partner you with a member of our case management team that will further review other available options under the extended warranty.

Please send the following information – your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (anonymous471927), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to post about your appliance repair and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Isaac D.

Review
#471927 Review #471927 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Sears Protection Plan

Sears - Hot water heater broke during winter.

My hot water heater is still under warranty so, I thought I am lucky I saved some money. Wrong..the lady on the other end of phone told me that I have to pay $76 for service call but the parts are still under warranty. The same afternoon a technician showed up. He said he did not have that part with him and made some calls. He said that they have to get the part from another place and should be here on Saturday and he could fix it on the same day. I paid him his service call. Nothing was heard after that. Friday we went out and found a message on my answering machine on our return. It said,"We are sorry to inform you that the part could not arrive and it should be here on Monday." Can you imagine 6 days no hot water in winter. I am writing this on Sunday and I am not 100% sure it will be done tomorrow. And you know what the technicians talk to you as if they are paying you and not you are paying them.
With Official Company Response

Sears in Fairfax, Virginia - Kenmore Range last just over 12 months-then needed $300 repair

Worst experience with a Kenmore Oven/Range ever. It lasted 12 ½ months and then cost us $300 to have a Sears guy fix it. Remember when Kenmore and Sears meant quality? Not anymore. What a joke. It was less than 30 day after the original guarantee expired. A $1,000 Kenmore range last one year before it needs a major repair. I will never shop them again and suggest you stay away as well. Too many bad reviews and I wish I read them before I purchased this nightmare called Kenmore. I can honestly say I have never posted a negative review for any company, but this is beyond unacceptable.

I can't believe yours lasted a year. Mine lasted 3 months and they promised to send someone to fix it in 35 days. I'm pissed.

Hi davgar,

Thanks for bringing your Kenmore oven/range repair needs to our attention. We realize that when the unit failed it was an untimely occurrence, not to mention disappointing.

My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I would like to take this time to offer our assistance. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager who will look further into this situation for you to see what options are available.

At your earliest convenience, Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (davgar), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to post about your appliance repair; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

You were offered.an extended protection correct. It is your mistake to not purchase that agreement, if you would have, your Kenmore oven, witch is made by a large brand, would be fixed free of charge.

This is your mistake. Not Sears.

@SoMany***s

You’re absolutely correct, I was offered an extended warrantee; however less than 30 days after the original guarantee it breaks completely down is cutting hairs and as an act of goodwill for a long term customer something could have been offered up. $300 is a big hit for a Kenmore Range.

If it were to have happened after 2 years I would have had no problem with it. I incorrectly assumed that Kenmore was a better built range/oven.

Thanks for your comments SoManyIdiots, I guess we see things differently.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Sears and Demar Logistic = Nightmare

Placed an order on Dec 19th. Credit card was charged and now almost a month later I still have not received my Panasonic plasma. Multiple calls and emails and neither Sears nor Demar shipping had any idea where my item was. Finally I had enough and asked for them to cancel and will have to wait another 7-10 days until the item finally arrives for me to refuse it then wait another several days for the item to be returned when I can be refunded. In the meanwhile my credit card is charged interest. I used to think Sears was a good place to shop, but they've lost my business.

Hi Anonymous471210,

We appreciate you taking time to post about your Panasonic plasma television delivery. We can certainly see this ongoing matter has been disheartening and inconvenient.

My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I am reaching out to you today to offer you some additional assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and work with our online business partners to discover a speedy resolution. Please send your address, phone number used at the time of purchase with the screen name I created from your post (Anonymous471210) and a good contact phone number to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly.

Again, we appreciate the feedback; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Product
Sears Credit Card
Tags
  • Sears Demar
I have been given the runaround by various customer service reps from SEARS for the past 2 months after sending them jpgs. of the disintegrating plastic parts in my 6 year old Kenmore Fridge. This fridge has only seen light use by 2 people. The latest stressful...

I have a kenmore refrigerator side by side water and ice with bottom drawer and the plastic is falling off( breaking ) piece by piece, what is the problem? I payed good money for this thing,seems like they dont care

Sears in Kearney, Nebraska - Lies for sale

I will never shop here again. Josh, the manager of the store will laugh at you when you have a problem with a new appliance. He smiles as if " I have your money and I don't care if anything you buy doesn't work."' There is no such thing as customer service at sears. Even in the local Kearney, NE store. I hope your stocks keep plummeting. There is a reason when you google sears sites like these are available first. There slogan is "the customer is always wrong." No guarantees whatsoever! I bought a brand new product that never worked and they refused to replace it. Guess what? Lies have a way of catching up to you. Word of mouth does get around.

Anonymous 470484,

My name is Tony and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we’d like to step in and resolve this issue for you. I would like to start by thanking you for bringing this to our attention.

The aggravation with the type of service that you received surrounding your appliance repair needs is absolutely understandable and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and work to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this.

In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous 470484) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Tony

Sears Social Media Support

What are you like eight or something, do you really think because you are not happy that Sears will go out of business because of this review. The store you had problems won't go out of business itself, even if you need to create another account to pretend to be another customer who has the exact same problem as you. Funny how you posted this review and the "other" customer, a total "stranger" who lives in the same area found this review less than two minutes after you posted it.

I can totally relate to this story this Josh clown has no idea or ability to run a store. When I explained to him how the product I received was broken upon delivery he continued to say "I stand behind my product", I said so what you're saying is the product isn't broken in response he kept repeating the same mantra. If Sears doesn't improve its customer service immediately they will become a relic of the past like blockbuster

View more comments (2)
With Official Company Response
Never in my life have I seen such a joke of a delivery team. My delivery was set on a day I was off work and I had open availability from 7 am until 9 pm which is more than enough time to deliver a mattress set. I waited... and waited... and waited.... NO call and NO...

I purchased a Nordic Trac Treadmill at Sears on 4/12/14. I paid for delivery and removal of my existing treadmill.

Delivery was scheduled for Thursday - 4/17/14 between 10AM - 12Noon. I could not attend due to having to work, so I rescheduled. Had to wait another week for delivery on Thur - 4/24/14 between 3PM & 5PM. I arrived home at 3PM and the delivery men were there.

They dismantled and removed my existing treadmill, brought in and assembled the new treadmill. I watched them do the assembly, and when they were done, they handed me a phone to watch a Sears video requesting that I rate the delivery. I rated everything high and handed the phone back to the tech. They left and I stayed inside reading the manual.

When I went to leave my home later, guess what I found on my porch? The old treadmill. I immediately called the delivery guy's cell phone and said you forget the old treadmill. He said we asked you if we could leave it there and you said it was OK.

I said yeah temporarily, not permanently, I paid to have you remove it. He said he would have to discuss with his manager. I then called Sears delivery, spoke to a girl who placed me on hold 3 times for 3-5 minutes each, and then told me that someone would pick up the treadmill tomorrow (Fri). Well it's Friday night and the treadmill is still on my porch.

So I called Sears delivery again. Now the girl said the earliest they can pick up the old treadmill is next Thursday.

So the disassembled treadmill will have to sit out on my porch for another week? Now that is poor service!

With Official Company Response
Bought nice washer, dryer, stacking kit weekend before Christmas, and scheduled delivery for 1/4/14. They confirmed, yet no one arrived all day, and no one called. We called the store, who said they would check on delivery later in day or on Sunday. No call on...

Hi ggphill6,

Thank you for taking time to post about the occurrences surrounding your washer/dryer stacking kit delivery. We can only imagine how the confusion with scheduling deliver has caused your disappointment.

My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. After reading your post I can understand why you are dissatisfied with the services you were provided. We would like to have a case manager contact you and work with our delivery business partners in order to resolve your inquiry.

Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (ggphill6), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for taking time to post about your appliance delivery; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Manager