Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears review in Hallandale Beach, Florida: Purchased a cook top online for $1,200

It is a defective item. The top does not clean completely. There are plastic covers to the gauges that have melted. I bought the item on line in July. When I called to see what could be done they told me to take it to the store. Really, uninstall it and carry it to the Store. I went to the store to tell them this and they said they cannot take it. There has been numerous calls. A technician has come to my home but nothing has been done. He even reported that the top us cracked and there is nothing Sears can do. It is not cracked. The top does not clean. I had a Kitchenaide and it cleaned perfectly. The plastic on the top, which is an engineers mistake is melted.

Hi anonymous475471,

We appreciate you taking time to post about the Kitchenaide cooktop. We can see the item has failed to meet your expectations and you have had challenges while attempting to have the repair settled.

My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We would like to extend our offer of assistance to you at this time. We would be happy to put you in contact with a case manager who will seek out any available repair options to address your concerns. Please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have created for you (anonymous475471), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly.

Again, thank you for bringing your cooktop repair needs to our attention. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.

Sears review in Brentwood, New York: Very bad customer service

I purchased a water heater on 2/8/14 using the sears phone service (gas water heater department) , the associate promised me few discounts and I agreed to the total amount of (approximately )1080 dollars but then my card was charged a different amount which I wasn't sure about. (I came to know from the email from Sears- your order is processing). Puzzled with the price breakdown and the fact that no discount was applied , I called the customer service again. This time another representative picked up and said that I would be getting another email confirming the refund and my card will be charged only for the promised amount. I checked my card today and was confused with a different amount. So again called up the customer service couple of times -they were just switching me to different departments. I gave them the order number and they were not able to help me out. I was totally frustrated . Then finally a representative -manager picked up the phone explaining about the refund .Wasted about 4 hours of my time dealing with different department (sears customer care/ water heater department etc) it was so frustrating to talk to many customer service people who was not able to give me the actual answer. I have never spoke to such a worst customer service people. During the purchase of water heater , all I was thinking that I am purchasing it from Sears. But it was very complicated to know different customer service departments which will not be able to look up my order through reference number.

Anonymous,

Thank you for posting about your recent customer service experience. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service you experienced while trying to confirmation of the charges that were made during your water heater purchase.

We would like to have you speak with one of our dedicated case managers, so we will be able to have a better understanding of what occurred and address your concerns properly. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the water heater was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly.

Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous474955), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks,

Kurt M.

Sears review in Cleveland, Ohio: BAD KEYS

YEAH I WENT TO SEARS IN FORT WORTH AT SEMINARY DRIVE AND BOUGHT 10 KEYS AT A KIOSK INSIDE THEIR STORE AND WENT STRAIT TO USE ONE AND IT TWISTED OFF ONTO THE LOCK. I WAS LIKE WTF??? IM NOT THAT STRONG!!! SO I WENT BACK AND BRUNG MY RECIEPT RIGHT THEN AND THE GUY WHO MADE THE KEYS SAID HE CANT GIVE NO REFUND EVEN THOUGH THE KEYS ARE TOO SOFT. HE SAID THEYRE GUARANTEED. I SAID GUARANTEED IN WHAT WAY? HE SAID GUARANTEED TO WORK!!!!!!! I SIAD YOUR NOT REFUNDING MY MONEY? HE SIAD NO. SO I TALKED TO SEARS STORE MANAGER AND HE SAID TO ME THAT THEY HAD NO CONTROL OVER KIOSKS IN THEIR STORE. OF COURSE THIS WAS LIKE WAY BACK IN 1993 BUT WTH?

So this happened in 93 and now you're complaining? One would think that after 21 years, you'd also learn proper grammar and how to spell too, but go figure.

@anonymous

Wow. Seriously!

I had to rereaqd the post. Yup.

1993! I smell a troll.

@Mike_mn

Yep. Sounds like someone either can't let go of the past over a bad key experience or he's just a troll. I say both.

me too i bought cashews from a sears inside kiosk sales and they were stale and the sears mgr says theyre not responsible for kiosk sales/ i also remember the kiosk saleperson selling keys was it the skinny colored man who was around 23? and looked fruity?

@fcksears

Are you serious! So, a skinny colored *** saleperson has what to do with anything?

O... M....

G....!

@Mike_mn

Wow... Even this web site is bad! It censored the word G A Y!!!!

it happened to me also. they said they were not responsible fro kiosk sales inside the store

View more comments (6)
Sears Manager
Loss

Ripoff by Sears on replacement appliance installation

Purchased new oven for my mobile home, and paid to have the old one removed and replaced with a new one via a telephone call to Sears.. However, What was termed a "normal" installation was insufficient according to the installer, so I was forced to pay an additional whopping $255 at the time of installation. Sears knew it was an old gas unit, and they certainly should have known what was necessary to accomodate the newer type oven (ie removing old external vent) without charging additional exorbitant fees to do so, and certainly for not warning me that such charges were possible at the time my order was placed. I'm extremely unhappy at having been so blindsided, and will make it a point to never buy another appliance, or for that matter, anything ELSE from Sears. I realize now I should have cancelled the entire agreement and sent the unit back when this switcheroo surfaced! Buyer be forewarned!!

Anonymous,

Thank you for posting about your recent installation experience. It saddens us that the installation of your new oven did not meet your expectations.

We would like to have a chance to speak with you directly to address your installation concerns and determine what would be the best available option for assistance. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly.

Also, in your email, please provide the screen name.(Anonymous474491), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kurt M.

Courtnie

Sears has NO WAY of knowing what is in your home. You can't blame them. I's like complaining to the car dealer that your car won't fit in your garage!

View more comments (1)
Sears Installation

Sears Never response about Refrigerator Got-in-fire, don't trust Sears Home Service

On 11/17/2013, I called Sears (800-4-MY-HOME) for my refrigerator(purchased it from Sears) problem there was a fire breaks out around compressor area. So I requested a report and claim to the Kenmore manufacturer or Sears. I never requested repair and service for the damaged refrigerator. And I was confirmed only $75 for diagnosis fee from Sears (800-4-MY-HOME) and Home Service company (Service order #000710842060262). On 11/18, technician visited and saw the problem, tech didn't do anything for the damaged refrigerator. But tech showed me the bill amount $147 instead my expected $75 for diagnosis fee. The diagnosis fee ($75) was confirmed form Sears and home service before tech came in. But tech said $75 trip fee needs to be charged. But I didn't heard about that and never signed on the invoice/transaction bill. On 11/19, reported it to Sears Holdings corporation for the wrongful bill charge to me. Weekly I have contacted Sears customer service/Blue Ribbon Team/Social Media team, but no response about the investigation of Got-in-fire at refrigerator. Don't trust Sears Customer supporting if any product has a problem, and Sears Home Services is also bad, just charged over $100 included trip fee with nothing service.

Hi Anonymous474443,

Thank you for taking the time to post about billing dispute and your most recent service appointment experience. We can understand your confusion surrounding the billing based upon the conflicting information you were provided and would like to assist you with this matter.

My name is Isaac and I’m with the Sears Social Media Support team. After reading your post I’m taking this time to offer our assistance.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name I have created for you (Anonymous474443), case number and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again thanks you for providing the feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Isaac D.

Featured With Official Company Response
Loss

Worst service, bad experience...I will never shop at Sears again!!

First my husband and I ordered a mattress off the floor sale scheduled a delivery for the following Mon. 8 days later. Sun night get an automated call the bed is coming btw 1:45 and 2:45, the next morning 7:00 get another automated call the bed is not comig due to weather or the product is unavailable. so I call, the warehouse blames the store for not shipping the mattress to them to ship. So I go to the store and they explain that they need to ship mattresses in bags to keep them clean (makes sense) and no one has any bags so it could be weeks, but the manager says he will wrap the mattress himself and get it to us. Meanwhile when I call the warehouse NO ONE will let me or my husband speak to a supervisor. And they are R.U.D.E. So luckily for us the mattress comes as scheduled (again) but my Mom is there because my husband and I need to work. The delivery guys tell her "No we can't get that upstairs it won't fit. They don't even try, leave the entire mess in the living room and guess what my dad and husband DO indeed get the mattress upstairs it DID indeed fit. *** jerks, I will NEVER and I mean NEVER buy from them again.

I agree....they don't care about the customer at all. They ruined an order, sent it to the wrong address after we notified them of the problem...five minutes after the order was made online.

They told us there was nothing they could do. They sent it to the wrong address and then tried to charge US for it.

What a JOKE. I refuse to shop at that store ever again.

There are too many other good stores that value their customers to be bothered with them. You made the right decision.

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for sharing with us about your mattress delivery situation, and we’re sorry for the rudeness encountered when you reached out to us for assistance as well as the incomplete delivery of your mattress in reference to taking them upstairs. We’d like to speak with you, and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you, and make sure your been taken care of.

At your soonest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous473609), and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.

View more comments (1)
Sears Delivery Service

Sears Home Delivery Sucks

We purchased a mattress from Sears and it was never delivered as promised. We ended up canceling the shipment as they first missed the original delivery date and were having problems rescheduling it. The first time, the never even called us back to inform us they won't be able to deliver the mattress. We ended up calling them because they never showed up. We were told the truck broke down. When they finally rescheduled it was during the day when we told them we need something in the late afternoon as we work. They told us they won't be able to reschedule because of the bad weather. We were going back and forth with them for two days and we finally canceled the order. This was the worst customer service ever!!! Now, we are waiting for the money back. Again, there is a problem. They are not able to give it back to us right away. We have to wait 5-10 business days!!! We will never do any business with them again!!!

Dear Edyta,

Thanks for sharing your mattress delivery situation, and we’re sorry for the level of customer service rendered when you reached out to us for assistance. We’d like to speak with you, and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you, and make sure your been taken care of.

At your soonest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Edyta), and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.

Sears Delivery Service
Thank god i don't buy anything else at Sears because its not that i don't like their products its just that their customer service is one of the worst. First of all i bought a Kenmore fridge at sears (over 2000$) and i expected to be a great refrigerator because in the...

I agree...they do not care about their customers and if you try to get anything from them they will drag their feet and in many instances forget about you completely. They don't want to give the customer anything including refunds.

Sears has turned into the worst store on the planet.

I was a card holder for over thirty years and I am in the process of paying them off and then I will cancel the card and be rid of them.

There are too many stores out there that value my business to be bothered with the mind games Sears play. Their employees are untrained and most of the time rude.

It is just a matter of time before Sears goes belly up.

View more comments
Product
Sears Protection Plan
Went to Tanforan store about a week about 15 minutes after they opened. I found something I wanted to purchase after 10 minutes of browsing and couldn't one person or cashier that could ring up my purchase. After going to the appliances dept. (told me they couldn't...

To: Couldn't find an person too ring me up. I am aware of this feeling.

While i was going into one of the locations. I was walking too where some of things i needed for the bathrooms. I was walking too the register. I asked an employees where the things were at.

The employee showed me where i am able too find them. When i was checking out, this employee Mary, always put pressure onto the customers and employees too buy things that they don't want or don't need, while being mean and nasty about it. I am understanding that this is their job and their career too do so. I asked for the manager too the store.

Mary asked, "Why do you need too see the manager?" While being mean and nasty. The manager was walking up and down the isles. I walked too the manager. I am like, "Hi I am an customer at this location.

Are you well aware of one of your employees puts pressure onto your customers and employees too buy things. The manager Mike said, "That's not my problem. That's corporate office's problem. Tell them and leave me alone.

I've got bigger and better things too do than too deal with customers complaints." I am like, "Okay. Well let's see if you still have your job by treating your customers like this." Funny thing, Mike and Mary both now want too be nice.

So now they want too be nice after being mean. I don't think so.

Sears Cashier

Sears review in Kalamazoo, Michigan: Bed not delivered. One month of taunting, but no bed.

Sears sells stuff all the time that they can't deliver. I've been trying to get a $2000.00 bed that I paid them for a month ago. Not only that, but they lie about it. Make up all sorts of excuses "bad weather", "truck broke down" all kinds of nonsense. They won't just come right out and tell you that it's out of stock because they know if they did, you'd go someplace else and buy it. It's not like you can't get beds at any furniture store. Worse than that is we've been held hostage. Every Saturday we're promised delivery and then, nothing. We can't plan anything for the entire day because you don't know until the night before when they're comming and then you find out half an hour after the time window that they're not coming at all. It's like they're mocking us or something. They call and taunt us with promises of a bed knowing that they aren't going to deliver anything. Not just once or twice, but over and over like it's some kind of IQ test to see how big of an *** does business with Sears. I feel like such a fool. Emotionally abused by truck drivers pretending to care. Everyone you talk to is extremely polite and apologetic and respectful. You can tell they've had lots of practice snowing people. Sometimes you can tell they can hardly hold in the giggles until after you hang up. Who else treats people this way? I don't even care about the money any more, I just want the harassment to stop. Stop texting me, stop calling me, please just make it stop. I'll sleep on the... Show more Reply
Mersadies

sears is so ***.like maybe 60 percent of the employees are on their cell phones texting when you are not supposed to be on your phone during working hours.almost every commercial sears makes and produces claims that sears wins a high customer satisfactory rating.i am neck deep in bs.

Anonymous,

My name is Tony and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We definitely appreciate you letting us know about the mattress delivery troubles that you have encountered.

The aggravation that you must feel with the delivery date continuously changing at the last minute is definitely understandable and we would be happy to step in and work on your behalf to resolve this issue to your complete satisfaction. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can get this resolved for you. In the email please provide a contact number and the phone number the washer, dryer and refrigerator were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly.

In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous473363) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony

@Sears Response

Useless reply from sears.Same form letter on every sears complaint.Sears is going under.Sears has ripped off so many people they just do not care.Maybe it is time for a class action lawsuit.

@me

I agree...Sears does not care and the level of incompetence in their employees is

Mind blowing. I don't know how they stay in business.

Soon someone with money will get screwed and they will hit Sears with a lawsuit to end all law suits.

I hope I live long enough to see that happen.

View more comments (3)