Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears state of the art iPad kiosks NOT really that state of the art.

I wanted to purchase an LG washer/dryer combo at my local Sears store this morning. The Black Friday circular did state 5 units per store and no rain checks. These happen to be 30% off (a $600 savings in total). After waiting patiently while sales people helped others, I was finally helped by a gentleman who told me both units where in stock. He proceeded to enter the order on his iPad and when I swiped my debit card, their system went down including Ipads and traditional cash registers. A few minutes later we tried the card again, but now the units where out of stock. The salesman went back and forth with his manager because he knew this was Sears fault, not mine. He finally sheepishly told me, "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do." I spoke to the manager who agreed to honor a rain check if they come in stock again. We'll see.
tracyelamb

The 2 month update: Sears didn't honor the rain check as suspected. I've since purchased the same units at HH Gregg who honored the Thanksgiving Day flyer pricing 6 weeks later.

Loving HH Gregg.

So your are complaining beacuse the company has agreed to a rain xheck? They agree to help and you still complain.

View more comments (1)
Sears Manager
  • LGapplicances
With Official Company Response

Deplorable customer service from sears.com

On October 30, 2013 I called the Sears store at the Chicago Ridge Mall & told the associate I would like to put a Kenmore refrigerator on layaway. The associate lied & said they don't do layaway at the store, the only way was to go online to sears.com. I later was told by a different associate that layaway has been available in the store for years. This is where my nightmare began. The customer service at sears.com is below average, *** poor, basically non existent. Customers with layaway orders are treated as second class citizens & are not of any particular importance. Every time I called for assistance it took between 30 & 45 minutes for the customer service rep to "find the order". Beware of the classic blow off line they all used, for you to "call the store". Every rep I dealt with, including the on line rep, used this line. The store cannot access your account or help you in any way. All they do is refer you back to sears.com. This ends the call for the sears.com reps & they don't have to do anything. The sears.com reps don't take payments over the phone for layaway orders & claim they are not able to get any information about your order. Customer service is basically non existent for layaway orders. I made the last on line payment early so I could get the delivery on the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday 11/27/13, the only day I could get off work to accept the delivery. Something went wrong when I made that payment, & I wasn't able to set up delivery or tell if my payment went through. I later received an email from the delivery department stating the fridge would be delivered on the day I requested, but I had to confirm that because every rep I dealt with was highly unprofessional, didn't offer any assistance & I was concerned they were going to screw this up too. I called customer service again on to confirm payment was received so things would go as planned for that day. It took the rep 40 minutes to "find the order, then she told me because it was a layaway order she could not help me & told me to "call the store" to get rid of the call, knowing the store would not be able to help me. The classic response from the customer service dept. I couldn't get any assistance from her, so I called back, got a different rep & explained the situation. It was very simple. I needed to make sure the last payment was received so all would go as planned for the delivery date. I also requested she confirm the delivery date. After waiting 45 minutes for her to "find the order," her response was "they will call you the night before". I asked repeatedly what day would they call & did she see a delivery date in the system. She repeated, "they will call you the night before." I explained I needed to know WHEN, WHAT DAY? "They will call you the night before." I told her response was unacceptable & to stop it. I was so frustrated & angry & I was trying not to yell at her, but this was RIDUCULOUS!! It was maddening & unacceptable behavior from a rep who is supposed to be professional. Again, she replied, "they will call you the night before." This rep needs to have her employment terminated for stupidity. She has no business being on the phone. I do not deserve to be treated with such abuse from an incompetent rep who doesn't know her job & is just plain ***. I was so angry & frustrated with her, it was completely inappropriate for her to repeat this statement like a trained parrot & do nothing to resolve my issue. I ended the call in complete frustration, my issues unresolved. The delivery day comes & they don't show up. I was on the phone from 7:00am until 9am trying to straighten this out. The rep lied to me & said "they are on their way." I didn't believe him. Finally he transferred to me to another department, & the rep there explained my last payment didn't go through due to a "web error," & the fridge would not be delivered. I would have to make the last payment again & set up a new delivery date. I took a day off of work for nothing, waited for a delivery that never arrived & I was exasperated from the reps, who are basically useless. They are lazy, incompetent, not properly trained & have no interest in assisting the customer. The rep who repeatedly said "they will call you the night before," is just plain *** & incompetent. They also have these long rambling sentences where they apologize that they can't help you. Sears has put me through a nightmare. I've spent hundreds of dollars on a fridge & I've been treated in the worst way possible. For the past several days I have been getting automated phone calls from sears.com starting at 2am! Yes, the calls start at 2am! They continue throughout the day. I've had to turn my phone off because of the calls. Some go to voice mail & a recording says "sears protection plan." I am being harassed & if they don't stop immediately I am going to file a police report for harassment. I'm also going to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office. I'm giving this a 1 because it is the lowest rating available. They deserve a negative number, like -10. This has been a horrible experience. My advice to anyone thinking of putting anything on layaway at sears.com is don't do it. It's not worth the aggravation & abuse you will go through.

Sounds as if the woman you spoke to is getting "even" with you for some twisted reason.

Sears is not the Sears we all knew and loved as kids. You can always call Citibank and file a grievance with them if you used the Sears card.

In the end the only way you will get results is to call a lawyer, I,guess.

I do understand your frustration as we had a similar encounter with them as well. When sears closes we will all be better off.

ravenhair

MORE FRUSTRATION FROM SEARS: UPDATE FROM RAVENHAIR

Today I tried to contact the store at Chicago Ridge Mall so I could speak to the manager about this matter & get it resolved. I had to call 7 times, because the calls to the store are rerouted to the National Call Center. I called 6 times & was disconnected every time I asked to be connected to the store. That's ridiculous, & the fault for that is with the call reps who are so incompetent they can't even transfer a call. Most of them asked me why I needed a person at the store. I told the story, got disconnected when they transferred the call, called back, told the story, got disconnected, etc. This happened 6 times. Each time I explained that this is the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th time I've called. They didn't give a ***. They were snotty, rude & didn't understand why I was so frustrated. They all claimed they didn't have the number where I could call directly & reach a person in the store. I repeatedly asked for the extension & they all lied & said they didn't have it. That was a lie!

The 7th time I called, completely exasperated, & the call center rep gave me the direct extension for the manager. I also asked her to call the store while I was on hold, as I was afraid the call would be rerouted back to the call center again if he was busy & didn't pick up the phone. Funny how they DID have the number, because she gave me the direct extension! She connected me, directly to the manager, right away. This ordeal took 30 minutes because I called 6 times previously. I was afraid I was going to get in trouble at work because it took over 30 minutes to get the manager I desperately needed to speak to. The call center reps are rude, refuse or are unable to do basic simple tasks, like connect me to the store or give the extension of the department so I can speak to a person there.

Now I understand why Sears is going out of business.

ravenhair,

We’re sorry our customer service did not meet expectations with regards to your refrigerator purchase. My name is David with our Sears Social Media Support team. We would like the opportunity to have a case manager contact you directly to discuss this experience and assist in addressing any other concerns you may have. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please send the following information to smadvisor@searshc.com – contact number and phone number used at time of purchase. Also please provide this screen name (ravenhair) for reference to this issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

David W.

ravenhair
@Sears Response

David,

Thank you for responding to my post. I didn't expect it & I greatly appreciate you reaching out to help me. I hope we can resolve this issue as soon as possible. I sent you an email with my contact information.

Ravenhair

@ravenhair

You are going to find more frustration with this "Sears supposedly Cares" team.

They offer gift cards of low value to,shut you up. I would go ahead and call the attorney general and anyone else that can cause trouble in their lives.

Citibank might also be able to help. Good luck

View more comments (4)
Sears Delivery Service
With Official Company Response

Sears in Youngstown, Ohio - 2011 Craftsman riding mower.

I go to my local sears store at 170 Sky view Plaza in Calcutta Ohio to purchase a mower and decide on a one that cost just under 1400 with taxes, had trouble from the start, they would come out and look, then order the part and come back, lots of times I already had fixed it, well the warranty ran out 2 years after purchase, in August 2013 the motor stops running, I call Sears and they tell me to call the motor mfg, Briggs and Stratton tells me when I call, that is to bad, the warranty is just over by a couple months on your motor, tells me to find a mechanic and let him describe what happened, new motor is 1200 to 1500, who has that kind of money to just throw out there. Two years on a 1300 mower, someone needs to fix it, make this right Sears.

Dear Anonymous459949,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this situation. We truly understand the concern that is being expressed and the disappointment we have caused. We would like to speak with you about the issue that you are experiencing with your tractor to see how we can make this right. To discuss in further detail, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous459949), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and a member from our team will be with you as soon as possible. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Misty H.

With Official Company Response
I will never, ever buy anything from Sears again. I received an email yesterday morning stating that Sears was offering many Black Friday prices. I went online, saw what I wanted for my husband, and purchased it, using my paypal account. I received an email...

Using foreign people to answer the phones is not helping. Sears uses them because they will work for less money.

They don't care about you, tour family, or your Christmas shopping. They are 2.8 billion dollars in debt and do whatever they have to in order to stay in business including stealing, lying and using customers. Check out review number 22 about employees's and how they are treated and not trained. Usually Pay Pal can get things fixed but if they can't then I would call the BBB and the attorney general in your state.

I think it is a travesty that they would do that to a young family right before Christmas. Good luck!

View more comments

Sears in Duncanville, Texas - Rude rude rude

theres a cashier named Janette but she called herself jp. every time i check out in her section and she is working with other people she is so rude to them! shes nice to the customers, yeah. BUT if i see that shes treating her coworkers with bad manners it gets me upset and it looks unprofessional. and if im in line behind someone shes checking out it will take hourssss cause she likes to stand there and talk for days and days i just need to get my stuff and go home. the manager needs to talk to her.
Sears Cashier
  • redbird mall

Sears in Grantsville, West Virginia - Ordered SuperCut band saw blades

First blade opened has kinks, bent teeth and a cut in the band! This not something that happened in shipping as the package was not damaged. The blade was hit HARD, somehow, and shipped anyway. Every email I have sent comes back that it cannot be delivered. We didn't realize this 'company' is not part of the SuperCut operation and not sure how they are selling that brand! Have been reading all kinds of complaints on this company since this happened. Getting to the point where we hesitate to buy 'made in USA! Companies like this are only interested the dollar.
grace_patten

Finally they replaced 1 blade, but refused to pay the postage for us to return the bad one.

Sears in New York, New York - Problem delivering washing machine

The was absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced. When I ordered a washing machine which was scheduled to be delivered three days later, the person who took my order apparently placed the order with the installation department instead of the delivery department. So, if I understand correctly, the installation department canceled my order. But no one contacted me and so when I called to try to find out why they didn't show up, I just entered an endless loop of providing the same information again and again and being passed from one department to another without anyone being able to reschedule the delivery. While on hold (with the 11th person), I started chatting with a customer service rep at the same time. Over an hour later he finally indicated that the washer would be delivered two days later and that someone from delivery would contact me to confirm the two hour delivery slot. Needless to say no one did. When I called to try to find out when it would be delivered, it was the same experience. People couldn't locate my order, or they transferred me to another department, or they dropped the call, but no one seemed able to actually schedule this delivery.

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for posting about your recent online purchase and member services experience, we can certainly see how this has been a confusing and aggravating situation. We know the importance of having purchases made online properly processed in order to provide the most accurate information when necessary; it appears this is not the case for you. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After reading your post, I am reaching out to you to offer some assistance. We would like the opportunity to put you in touch with a case manager who will work closely with our online, delivery and installation business partners. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned (anonymous459351), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for posting and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Installation

Sears in Dallas, Texas - Warranty is worthless

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in Sears . I bought a new microwave oven combo AND WARRANTY June 30 2013. It broke mid October. I I have had three trips by the repairman . It is going on 5 weeks without a working oven. What happened to Sears standing behind its products? I thought the Warranty would have provided for a new oven by now. I called the BBB to file a complaint but I am still no better than I was last week, last month. I have spent close to $10K with Sears this year and I rue the day I bought this oven. I will not make this mistake again.

Don't fall for the "Sears supposedly cares" team. They will disappoint you the same way the call center does. Try the phone number provided below but don't expect anything.

Unfortunately Sears does not care about their customers anymore. Lampbert just wanted to acquire it to make money for himself, I think. He is 2.8 BILLION dollars in debt.

They resort to,anything they can to take, cheat, lie and insult to keep money that is not theirs. They will promise you the world and will not come through on any of the promises.

The only solution is to avoid this store altogether.

Hi Anonymous,

We appreciate you taking time to post about your combo microwave unit; we certainly can see how this has caused you to be disappointed. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to have a case manager contact you directly to see what options are available to resolve your microwave repair needs to a satisfactory conclusion. So that a dedicated case manager may contact you directly, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned (anonymous459315), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

If you haven't already call 1-800-479-6351 option 5 and demand a replacement. But be prepared for a fight.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Warwick, Rhode Island - Poor customer service with defective oven

My defective gas oven / range is being replaced finally after 4 months of failed repairs. The gas oven does not ignite properly and randomly shuts off. The oven has not worked for the last 2 weeks. We sell cakes out of the home and have not been able to take orders. I was just told today (Friday) that the oven is being delivered today but not installed until Monday. When I called to complain about being without an oven for another 3 days the customer service folks did not help me. The customer service supervisor, Victor, told me he was the "top dog" and he would not give me preferential treatment. He told me we were lucky that we were getting an oven installed the next business day. He told me that if I didn't like his answer to call my local store manager. When I called the local store, the store manager would not speak to me. The appliance manager wasn't in. I spoke to an associate that could not help me.

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for bringing your member services experience to our attention, we can see how this was disconcerting for you. We understand that after several months to finally receive a replacement range is an exciting time which has been adversely affected by your conversations with our members services teams. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After reading your post I am reaching out to you to offer our assistance. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager to provide further assistance and pass feedback along to the proper management team. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned (anonymous459256), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for posting and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Manager
  • Installation
My wife and I bought wedding rings from Sears without the extended contract. The rings had black enamel inlaid between leaves. After 1 year, the black enamel began peeling off of my wifes ring. Sears sent the ring to M & G where they nicely repaired the enamel for...
Sears Repair