Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Sears Order fulfillment

Update by user Nov 15, 2013

Some guy named Brian from SearsCares asked for the details about the contact information so that they can reach me. which never happened, the name should be changed from "SearsCares" to "SearsDoNotCares".

Original review posted by user Nov 04, 2013

I placed order for one health equipment online and i got the confirmation that order has been received. After couple of hours i received another mail saying "order cancelled, Out of Stock". When I checked online it is still showing the stock available and ready for placing other order. I reached out to Customer Service, but they were not able to explain neither able to resolve what went wrong where. I am not sure who will help or know the better inventory / stock than Sears employee. They seemed lost with this issue of stock, showing online available and cancelled order.

Hi sans424,

Thank you for posting concerning your recent online purchase experience, we can see how this has been a confusing and inconvenient matter for you. Online stock quantity is often based on projected product availability which is provided by the vendor, not physical stock in a warehouse. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After reading your post I would like to offer our assistance. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with a dedicated case manager for further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (sans424), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, thanks for posting about this confusing matter and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Western Hill Cincinnati Customer Service

Planned to buy treadmill and after doing some research online found that Sears Western Hill Store (6000 Glenaway Ave, Cincinnati, OH) has 2 Proform treadmill on sale. Called the store and got the confirmation that still available. Drove to the store and found out that 1 was sold yesterday and 1 between the time I called and made to the store. Checked with store rep that it was told me to 2 are available, but now I am hearing different story that 1 was sold yesterday. And Sears website is still showing both available (while I am writing this). The store rep tried to honor the online and reached out to supervisor for the price match on the next model available, but no luck. Just saw the attitude from the supervisor, if you want to buy this one, buy at full price or.....

We will all be much better served when Sears closes it's doors for good. To hurt good intentioned people and use them for their money is a travesty. I don't understand why the legal system can't shut their doors FOR them with compensation for all the hurt and losses they have caused.

Product
Sears Website
  • Sears bad customer service

Sears in Thornton, Colorado - Shop your way rewards scam

Bought a 60 inch LCD made by Sharp in September of 2013. It developed a defect within 30 days. Called Sears and they advised that we had to contact SHARP. Contacted SHARP and they did some troubleshooting and made a new case file. That was the last that we heard from them. Ended up taking it back and exchanging it for another one of the same make and model. Sears tried to put an extended warranty on the sale. They said that they wanted to apply the cash rewards to the warranty. We declined the warranty and they advised that they points would post to the account. The points never posted. We called customer service for shop your way and they have no record of the transaction! We have the receipts. The dates dont match. They only show the return of the defective set. Nothing on the new one. IT appears that Sears retail pulled a fast one on their end to not award the points. Customer service said we have to take this up with the store.

I have been trying for a month to use my points at Sears but no one can tell me how much i have in points or how to use them.

eyecue_two

So it turns out that the store could not balance their register when they had shown the sale of the new television as opposed to an exchange. They had to cancel the whole transaction and void it and make a new one.

This happened the next day so the points are there, they just dont show as linked to the original transaction.

Also the receipt that we have is not linked to anything.

What the *** is Reward Points????????? Thats the biggest bull I ever heard.

View more comments (2)
  • Rewards card points
With Official Company Response

Buying an appliance or any high price item from Sears is a disaster!!Beware!!!

Update by user Nov 06, 2013

Just was told today that my refund should be back in my account by November 22nd!! On an order placed and cancelled same day on October 18th!!

Please don't any one give them your money!! You will be sorry like me!!

They are a despicable and dishonest mess now--not even close to the iconic and reputable American company that Sears once was.

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2013

I bought a $1700 refrigerator online at Sears on Friday October 18th and realized very soon afterwards that I had accidentally ordered white instead of stainless. I called within hours of the online purchase and was told that I could not just make a simple exchange and pay the $90 difference, but that I had to cancel that order and place a new one. That would have been fine except they said it would take 7 to 10 days to get the refund of my $1700 (which I stupidly had paid for with my debit card and not a credit card!). I explained to several people at Sears customer service that I could not and would not give them ANOTHER $1800 to get ONE refrigerator, and that any store should be able to simply reverse or cancel the charge and put it back to my card so I could buy something else. I even drove to a Sears store and tried to get them to help me do this but with no success. So I cancelled the order and bought the refrigerator online at Lowe's (a wonderful experience from start to finish). I then wasted more time talking to several people at Sears customer service to try to get my money back in a reasonable amount of time. I was finally told that the best they could do because by then it was after bankers hours on Friday, was to get my refund processed on the following Monday--October, 21st. I was told today that this person LIED to me "because Sears has NO POSSIBLE WAY to alter their 7 to 10 business day refund policy". This was a credit card transaction in 2013!! Even a Mom and Pop convenience store is able to void, refund or cancel a credit card transaction, but Sears has no way to do that!!!! REALLY???? BEWARE!!!) If they had not lied to me and I had known this I would have simply called my bank and told them to stop payment on the transaction (which did not actually get debited from my account by Sears until October 22nd anyway!!). It is now PAST the 10 business days from the time I cancelled the order (which was October 18th so 10 business days was November 1st and it's November 2nd) and I STILL don't have my $1700 back!!! I called today and was told that "they were sorry" and they would have someone investigate why I haven't gotten my money back Monday (because it is the weekend and no one can do that on a weekend) and they should know something in 3-5 business days. I now know that Sears is a horrible sinking ship of a company and making a major purchase from them is an incredibly *** thing to do!! The only consolation I have (or will have when I finally get my money back) is that I did NOT actually end up buying an appliance from them!! I of course will NEVER buy anything there again, and hope to share my story with as many people as I can so that they won't either.

Dear Edwin, If i were you i would be looking for a new job.Sears and kmart have been going under for awhile now and the future does not lo ok very good for them.Years ago sears was all about customer service but not anymore.You can go into any sears or kmart and see how dirty and understaffed they really are.I would never buy an costly item there anymore because i know it would be ***.Last item i got from sears was a washer...never again will i pay hundreds of dollars for junk.I will now shop lowes instead at least they stand by what they sell unlike you.

Taking someone's money without recourse is a criminal offense. I don't understand how they can get away with that.

I think they rely on the fact that the good people they scam cannot afford legal counsel to begin with.

I would contact a lawyer if you don't get your money soon. Good luck

Dear cherylwhit,

We apologize for the inconveniences faced with your online order. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to look into your online order and provide you with any assistance deemed necessary to make sure your refund issue is resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (cherylwhit) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we’ll have one of our dedicated case managers contact you and to assist you in this matter. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.

LTCC

your last paragraph is so spot on......SEARS is a shell of its former self.........cant wait for the DONTCARESEARS on line social moderator to come on line and add his sympathy and pledge to help....its laughabble

@LTCC

How sad this is. Sears will probably go out of business eventually and all they really needed was to go in the other direction to be a success.

View more comments (4)
Product
Sears Credit Card
  • Beware Sears return policy
  • Appliance purchase customer servic
With Official Company Response
Bought Craftsman power washer 3 years ago and used it for washing my cars,trucks & siding. Changed oil this year and washed my car. Took it to my parents house next door to wash siding on their home. I turned on the water and when I started it, it ran about 5...

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for taking time to post here about your Craftsman Power Washer repair needs, what you have detailed clearly shows you are disappointed. Sears has many years of providing high quality products and superior member services. It appears in this case we have let you down. My name is Brian, I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team and after reading your post I would like to offer our assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous455405), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

• Craftsman Power Washers
With Official Company Response
I disputed a software purchase from Sears Marketplace seller, EWPLUSOFT, when the shipped item didn't match the description on Sears Marketplace, AND when I made at least a dozen attempts to resolve the matter with the seller. I called the 1-800 number for the Sears...

I agree with using your credit card. If there is a dispute they will go to bat for you.

We had a ridiculous situation with them and of course had no success getting anyone to listen to us. The credit card company went to bat for us and we were successful because we were right and they knew it.

Don't buy ANYTHING from Sears. It will be a headache that will be unresolved possibly forever with them taking your money and going you nothing for it.

STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!!!!

View more comments
  • dispute process
  • EWPLUSOFT

Sears in Winter Park, Florida - Hostile work environment abusers

sears winter park is a really bad call center. its a work environment full of hostile angry aggressive people and managers who abuse employees and women especially. they sexually harass women too. no one cares or does anything and if u complain then they fire you. beware of this terrible work environment and place. its located in winter park in florida on forsyth rd... this place acts in unethical ways and mistreats and screws over employees. corrupt unethical bad and terrible place to work and the young male managers are sleeping with most of the women there. they are sickos and perverts...

No moderator here, I guess

With Official Company Response

Sears has the worst customer service I've ever experienced

Sears' customer service is just terrible! I am having an issue with them, and it's impossible to discuss things with them on any sort of equal footing. They insist on recording calls from a customer service representative (CSR), but the CSR will not agree to let me record the call. What right does a company have to insist on recording a call without giving the other party the same opportunity? They appear to be very arrogant, especially for a company that is bleeding money. It is very sad to see how bad Sears has become after being a premier retail chain.

Had a rebate issue with Sears that made absolutely no sense. My dimes stay away from there until the end of time!!

My experience with Sears Customer Service is the same. It is terrible.

Will never buy anything for more than $10 from them again.

It is sad. I remember when they were great and their installers knew what they were doing.

Anon,

My name is Dianne with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies. It is our goal at Sears to provide our members with the highest quality of products and service. I am sorry if we disappointed you. We would be more than happy to speak to you further on what has transpired and offer our assistance to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anon) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concern with call recording, we see how this issue is of concern to you. Telephone calls may be recorded or monitored solely for quality and training purposes in accordance with our efforts of providing superior member services. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After having read your post, I wanted to reach out to you. We would be happy to put you in touch with a case manager to receive further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous453990), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

@Sears Response

Superior member services? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Your member services are the WORST in the industry.

You won't allow anyone ELSE to record calls because you are all so lacking and untrained in being able to get anything done and so rude and uncaring. What you do to people borders on illegal and is for SURE immoral. Taking money from people and insulting them is ridiculous.

I don't understand HOW you could lie to,people and give them false hope. How do you sleep at night?

View more comments (4)
With Official Company Response

Sears - I was never credited for the wrong appliance in spite of many assurances that they already had.

The wrong dryer was brought to my home but not off the truck as the delivery guy told me I needed a gas dryer and not the electrical one they had brought. He told me how frequently this happened. Curiously, out of all the questions and verifications I had to go through on the phone, I was never once asked if I needed an electrical or gas dryer. And yet the delivery man said how often he had to deal with that. I was assured by two different Sears representatives plus one of their supervisors that my cc card had been credited the day of the attempted delivery. I was promised a statement of reimbursement on line. Nothing. Curiously, they do have my e-mail address as I keep on getting ads from them.DO NOT TRUST SEARS. I believe that they make a lot of money delivering the wrong items and keeping your money as long as they can. I still don't have mine.

If you have a Sears card call citibank and ask to speak to their person that deals with grievances to a charge on your card. They are very good that way and although it might take Dix weeks to challenge and rectify you will have the charge removed.

Don't speak to anyone from Sears about it as they will try to deep six your grievance and try to get you to say you did something wrong. Good luck

LTCC

Mikebrady....its all smoke and mirrors....SearsCares just enough to want folks think they care.....proof is in the pudding...and they are failing miserably....keep us posted.

MikeBrady
@LTCC

Actually it turned out well. I may have thrown a monkey wrench into things by callilng everyone possible to get it done.

As it happens, three different people were working on a resolution! That did cause some confusion when I went to the store as instructed to choose a new fridge. However, the three different people had come up with three very different amounts. After straightening it out, I was given the higher of the three amounts.

On top of that, for my trouble, the manager at the Sears brought the price down on what we chose so we wouldn't have to pay the 400.00 to upgrade.We ended up with a much nicer unit and paid nothing. I promise Sears did not solicit any retraction from me for this comment or my complaint regarding it on this site. I just believe I should praise as loud as I ***ch! I don't like complaining, but Sears did listen this time and I appreciate it!

I also feel bad for the salesman who spent the better part of two hours helping me straighten this out and ended up with no commission because the it was a replacement. And he was very pleasant about it too!

MikeBrady

Don't hold your breath on the "Sears Cares Escalation Team" I talked to them two days ago on an issue and was promised a call back and to have contact info and case number sent by email. Guess what? No call, no email,no refrigerator until who knows when.

MikeBrady,

We are very sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding the delay in contact from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Anonymous,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation Team. I came across your post and wanted to express our concerns for the mishaps you have experienced with your dryer purchase. It sounds as if we have let you down on just about every level imaginable and would like to offer our assistance. We can truly understand how important it is to have your credit refunded in a timely manner. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous453979), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Social Media Support

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.....

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Sears in Ashburn, Virginia - STAY AWAY!! Sear Outlet delivered broken Fridge

I bought a fridge from a Sears outlet that had a small dent in the back. No biggie. Awesome deal I thought! The delivery guys come to deliver the refrigerator, and call me out to the truck because "they have a problem". One of the shelves is shattered and the refrigerator is filled with glass. I called the outlet store and they said that they can exchange it for one they have in the store, but it has a badly dented front..or "their best option" -accept the shattered fridge and call some 1800 number and schedule a technician to come out at some point and replace the shelf. 1) I am 8 months pregnant and moving into my first home, I do not need shattered glass in my new home that I am about to bring home a newborn into (the delivery guy even said it was so bad, that he did not feel comfortable bringing it into the home. 2) You all break my refrigerator and want me to figure out getting it fixed which could take weeks that I do not have to be without a fridge!!?! I told them to take it back. I am trying to figure out what my options are at this point since the 2 options that Sears has given me are ridiculous. It is not like the refrigerator malfunctioned....YOU ALL BROKE IT!!!! This is by far the worst delivery/buying experience I have ever had. Sears has gone way down hill.
LTCC

morgieleigh6.......love to have an update as to what the SEARs resolution was, seeing how SEARs Cares soooo much.

Sears uses a third party delivery service in Cleveland for deliveries I use to have to manage these thugs. In most cases when I left theft from customers deliveries was extremely high property damage to customers homes was in the hundreds.

They will put anyone on the streets with criminal records for theft drugs ect to make deliveries. I had first hand knowledge that Sears could care less who went into there customers homes. I am glad I left the company it was a nightmare to say the least everyday going into work and seeing the customers disappointments. Sears replaced the Carrier and took the lowest bidder.

This is how they operate everywhere I am truly surprised that Eddie has not given a darn on how his customers are treated.

the people leading this company only care about costs and could care less about service. I see them going out of business in the next few years

Morgieleigh6,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your refrigerator. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. My name is Liz with the Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (morgieleigh6), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

View more comments (2)