Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Ashburn, Virginia - STAY AWAY!! Sear Outlet delivered broken Fridge

I bought a fridge from a Sears outlet that had a small dent in the back. No biggie. Awesome deal I thought! The delivery guys come to deliver the refrigerator, and call me out to the truck because "they have a problem". One of the shelves is shattered and the refrigerator is filled with glass. I called the outlet store and they said that they can exchange it for one they have in the store, but it has a badly dented front..or "their best option" -accept the shattered fridge and call some 1800 number and schedule a technician to come out at some point and replace the shelf. 1) I am 8 months pregnant and moving into my first home, I do not need shattered glass in my new home that I am about to bring home a newborn into (the delivery guy even said it was so bad, that he did not feel comfortable bringing it into the home. 2) You all break my refrigerator and want me to figure out getting it fixed which could take weeks that I do not have to be without a fridge!!?! I told them to take it back. I am trying to figure out what my options are at this point since the 2 options that Sears has given me are ridiculous. It is not like the refrigerator malfunctioned....YOU ALL BROKE IT!!!! This is by far the worst delivery/buying experience I have ever had. Sears has gone way down hill.
LTCC

morgieleigh6.......love to have an update as to what the SEARs resolution was, seeing how SEARs Cares soooo much.

Sears uses a third party delivery service in Cleveland for deliveries I use to have to manage these thugs. In most cases when I left theft from customers deliveries was extremely high property damage to customers homes was in the hundreds.

They will put anyone on the streets with criminal records for theft drugs ect to make deliveries. I had first hand knowledge that Sears could care less who went into there customers homes. I am glad I left the company it was a nightmare to say the least everyday going into work and seeing the customers disappointments. Sears replaced the Carrier and took the lowest bidder.

This is how they operate everywhere I am truly surprised that Eddie has not given a darn on how his customers are treated.

the people leading this company only care about costs and could care less about service. I see them going out of business in the next few years

Morgieleigh6,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your refrigerator. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. My name is Liz with the Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (morgieleigh6), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Sears Delivery Service
With Official Company Response

Not happy with Sears customer service

I have been a Sears customer for many years and a cardholder since probably around 1998. I have always done a lot of shopping at Sears, mostly for electronics and my kids clothes. I purchased around 300.00 worth of clothes once again 2 weekends ago and found out once we got home, that the clothes were a little too small. My daughter is a toddler, so trying clothes on in the store would be a little bit difficult. Anyways, I seem to have misplaced my receipt, but hadn't removed the tags. So, I called the children's department and was told by the rep that I could exchange the clothes as long as I had my ID, since I didn't want a refund. I sent my husband to make the exchange today, and he was told by the associate that without the receipt, he couldn't even exchange the clothes. Considering that I have never asked for a refund for anything I purchased there or even exchanged anything before, I didn't realize that it would be such a big deal. He asked the lady if she could check using my credit card, she said no.. funny, they can charge me and send me a detailed statement but cannot check on the computer to see what I had purchased to try to help out. I may not be a huge money maker for Sears, but I have spent more than a few thousand dollars at that store. After this experience, as soon as I pay off the charges, I will be cancelling this card, and giving my business to another store. Thanks for nothing Sears.

Thank you for your response Brian, and I appreciate you providing the link for me to check the return/exchange policy. I also thank you for your offer for further assistance.

However, after the experience with the cashier, and no offer of help at all, just a flat no, I am not interested in any further association with Sears.

I, as everyone else work hard for my money, and where I choose to spend that money depends largely on how I am treated as a customer. All the cashier would have had to do is seem concerned and try to do something to rectify the problem, but she didn't.

And that has left me feeling like my business is not appreciated by Sears at all.

Again, I thank you for responding. Have a good day.

Hello Anonymous,

We appreciate you taking the time to post about what your family experienced while attempting to exchange your toddlers clothing. I can definitely see why this was an upsetting situation for you. While our receipts do include our return/exchange policy it can also be found at Sears.com using the following link: http://www.sears.com/csreturnspolicy/nb-120000000359321. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. After reading your post I thought I’d reach out to you and offer some assistance if you’d like. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous453314), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

LTCC

I cant wait for the Sears online media support response.....where you at dude.....sorry to say, but this should have been a no brainer for your customer service rep....think A&E is rubbing off on you folks

Loss
Bought a cordless Craftmans stapler 9,6v dc model no. 836272350 that Sears decide to discontinued, all I want and need is the heavy Duty EXTRA narrow crown 3/8 inch wirer staples for it but Sears no longer makes staples for it and no one else does either. . I have...

Fastenal has the 3/16 x 9/16. Duofast also makes ones that fit.

Go to primecell to get battery refurbished. If your charger does not charge, there us a 5a 250v fuse inside that may have blown.

View more comments
Tags
  • Craftman stapler craftman tools

Sears - $1900 Refrigerator Junk / Worst Customer Service Experience Ever

Update by user Oct 17, 2013

Called again at 8:30 this morning. Spoke to a nice representative for over 1/2 hour.

He put a message in to the center who makes appointments.

Said I would receive a call back to set-up the appointment. It's 8PM and I have heard nothing!!

Original review posted by user Oct 16, 2013

In October 2012 my husband and I bit the bullet and paid $1900 for a new refrigerator. It was "top of the line" and it really seemed like it was going to be a wonderful refrigerator. Well, we let looks/features fool us. It has turned-out to be an $1900 piece of junk. Worst investment of money, ever. Within 3 months we had to make the first service call due to a horrible noise it was making. Was later told that this was a "known" issue in a large quantity of the units, but since a certain percentage of them did not have this problem, then a recall was not made. The appointment was set to have it fixed. Since they already knew what the problem was, they had the parts shipped in advance of the repair person showing-up. Unfortunately, our appointment was cancelled not just once, but twice!!! And they didn't have the decency to call us in advance to cancel the appointment, they waited until we were already home from work waiting for them (in the four hour window they give you) before they called to cancel!!! They did this to us twice!!! After we had taken time off of work and suffered a loss in pay to be home for these appointments! All-in-all my husband or I had to take three half days away from work just to get our refrigerator serviced! The serviceman was nice. We discussed the situation and whether we should just return the refrigerator, because at that point it was still an option. He explained that it was a known issue and he had replaced the faulty part with a much better part and we should have no more problems out of it. He seemed very knowledgeable so we trusted what he told us. Well, we shouldn't have!! Now, as our warranty is due to expire soon, we are having yet more problems. It is making a horrible noise again. We called to make yet another appointment. Again, took off a half day of work, and again were cancelled on!!! I had even called the morning of the appointment to confirm it due to our past issues. They assured me that someone would be there that day!! I was quite upset. Neither my husband or myself can keep wasting days off of work for this. I was told that I would have to reschedule. So I immediately called to do so. I was told that, due to our cancellation issues in the past, I would be elevated to a different status and would be able to pick three days of my choice to have a repair person come out. I told them the three days (all Saturdays at this point) and they told me that I would receive a return call within 3 hours to confirm my appointment. Here I sit two days later and I've still not gotten a call!!! Yes, I've called each day and explained this to several people. And each time I have been told that someone will call me back to set the appointment!!! If this isn't bad enough, there are other issues with the horrible waste of $1900 we purchased. For one, the ice dispenser doesn't work properly. Nine times out of ten we have to open the ice box and chop the ice before it will dispense. It seems that, for some unknown reason, our ice sticks together after it has been dumped from the ice tray. Imagine spending $1900 for a refrigerator and having to chop your ice constantly before using your automatic ice dispenser. And you think that would be bad enough, but there's more. The stainless steel is horrible!! It seems you can barely brush against it and it will scratch! I have many friends/family who have stainless and have not had any such problem. This fridge is a lemon and I just want to get another model!! The customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Sears used to be reliable and sell quality products. We purchased from Sears because that is where our previous refrigerator and other household appliances were from and we have been happy with them for years. It is that time when they are all going to start needing replaced one-by-one. We have already said that this refrigerator is the LAST appliance we will be purchasing here. Our time/money is valuable. Sears seems to think otherwise.

How about giving them a replacement, Edwin and not a gift card....????

Edwin C. of Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support = Damage Control......as i repeatedly say......how about all this effort up front......

Dear wastedmoney,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We thank you for reaching out to us regarding your refrigerator situation. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service rendered, and how it was handled when you reached out for our assistance in reference to your refrigerator’s repair appointment. We can understand how frustrating is having to take the time off from work for the repair service and have the services cancelled without your consent can be extremely upsetting, and for that were sorry. It would be our pleasure to speak to you, provide you with any assistance deemed necessary in this matter as well as to make sure this issue is resolved and taken care of in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (wastedmoney), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.

Sears in Gulfport, Mississippi - Kenmore Oasis Elite is a LEMON

I bought my Kenmore Oasis Elite washing machine in September of 2007. Shortly after I purchased the machine I began having problems with it. I had a service tech come out and take a look at he fixed one problem (long fill) at that time. I still continued to have other problems with the machine though. I called again shortly after my one year warranty was out and was told it would cost me to have someone come look at it again. At this point, I called a technician from a local company because I felt that Sears' prices were inflated. The service tech came out and said that he found nothing mechanically wrong with the machine... that the problem was most likely with the electronics of the machine, and he would not be able to service the machine. The problems were the F1 error code, the machine going completely haywire, cutting on and off on its own, not able to start a cycle. etc. I lived with this problem for years because I simply could not afford to go out and buy another machine. Nor could I afford to spend the hundreds of dollars it would cost to replace the circuit board. January of 2013 I find out, on account of my own investigations, that there is a recall on the machine... the circuit board. I call the number that I found and request someone to come replace the circuit board. At first, they tried to tell me that my washer would not be covered by the recall and I would have to pay for the repair myself. 2 hours and 3 different people later, and they finally agreed to come fix my machine. They sent the replacement part to my house at which point I called to make the appointment. The serviceman came and fixed the problem in about 15 minutes. After the repair, I was still having problems with the machine. AND I had a new problem. The machine kept throwing off balance. AND I was still having the problem of all of the buttons going haywire, flashing on and off, randomly cycling through all of the modifiers. But the F1 error code was gone. At this point, I was not able to wash a load of clothes without the uL (unlevel) code coming up. Even when the machine was completely empty, it still shows this code. So I called Sears back and informed the operator that the problem was not resolved. They ended up sending the repair man back out. He came up with a list of things that it COULD be and told me that was all he could do, but that none of said repairs would fix the computer issue. I call AGAIN. I am told that if someone comes to look at it again, then I will be charged for the service call and any repairs that need to be made. At this point, I am just beyond frustration. I end up getting off the phone completely irritated and feeling like I am getting the run around. I call back yet again and ask them why I am being held responsible for this issue that was obviously a manufacturer's defect. The machine has given me nothing but problems since I first purchased it. And it is obviously a very common problem. I end up getting nowhere with the phone calls and service calls. The only thing I was told is how much $$ I would have to spend. I end up just suffering along with my off balance washing machine - wringing my clothes out as best as I can by hand. Eventually, about a month ago I had another repairman from my aforementioned local repair company come to take a look. And this guy tells me that there is nothing wrong with the mechanics of the machine. The problem has to be with the computer board in the machine. He then tells me that, to his knowledge, there have been many other people with the same complaint about after the computer board being changed, the machine is unable to balance. He explains to me that the reason is because the computer is sending too much power to the spin motor and it is causing it to go off balance. Or something along those lines. So today, I decided to call Sears again. And wouldn't you know that the lady that I first spoke with told me that she had just gotten off the phone with another customer claiming the exact same issue. I end up getting transferred from person to person. Nobody was able to help me except to offer me a protection plan. I am quite honestly, at this point, not interested in giving one more dime to Sears. Why should I have to pay for this problem that should have been correctly fixed the first time? Every person I have spoken to has given me the run around. I even had one particular lady, Alicia (customer solutions Supervisor) tell me that there was nobody else for me to speak to and my complaint would be escalated no further. I was never rude to anyone. I was certainly not rude to her but she was downright nasty to me. I am truly shocked at the lack of care that Sears has for its products and the people who purchase them. At this point, I have been told by numerous Sears and Kenmore associates that there is nothing more they can do for me, so I will make my complaints on every single board and review site that I can find. And my business, for one, is most definitely directed elsewhere.

Don't fall for the " "Sears Don't Care" team. They will try yo give you a gift card to shut you up. Why don't you people FIX these defective appliances in the first place and stop abusing the customers that pay your salaries?

Just fix the board. Sounds like a bad relay on board.

I just troubleshot a Dacor Down Draft Vent. System for a customer and they wanted $200 for a board.

Alittle testing and I fixed it. There are not much to them.Good Luck.

Dear Anonymous 452824,

We are truly concerned about the challenges you have faced while attempting to have your Kenmore washing machine suitably repaired. What you have detailed in your post clearly lets us know how baffling and disconcerting this matter has been for you. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I came across your post today and I felt compelled to reach out to you. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with one of our case managers who will explore what options may be available to bring this dilemma to a satisfactory conclusion. As your time schedule allows, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Anonymous 452824), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the difficult encounters you have experienced and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Product
Sears Protection Plan
Loss
I've been a Sears hard lines sales associate for about three months now and I gotta say its not that great. About the time I got out of highschool and needed to start looking for a job is when it became nigh on impossible to actually get one. After nearly three years...

I was a cashier and I am in the same boat as you. No one was properly trained.

They expected other employees who were not trained well to train the new people. They claim to give hours to people who's SYW numbers and credit apps are up. It's so entirely false. One guy who I work with has -15 credit applications and he works average 25 hours a week.

One girl has like 50 percent average in SWY and gets 20 a week. I have -3 credit cards and 80 SWY average but I get like 10 hours a week. I don't see the logic there. Not only that but everyone talks *** about each other and makes fun of people.

The tool pros do what every they wish. They play air hockey and leave the room area and leave the cashier alone. Please understand this. The cashier knows nothing about tools.

At least at the store I was at. We were not trained anything about tools. We're just thrown into it and left to figure stuff out. You'll call and call for them but they don't care.

I once watched two employees just make out before. Not only all this but it was super boring. You are not allowed to leave 10 feet away from your register. Even when I do leave further away to fold clothes, there are only so many things to do.

The whole register thing sucks. The people who are closing have to deal with the people who opened mistakes. Once I started work and both the registers were like 60.

One of the mangers came by and I had to sign a paper saying that they were low even though I just got to work.

View more comments
Sears Manager
Tags
  • Sears Employee Do Not Work There S
With Official Company Response

Sears - Fraudulent Advertising!!!!

I went into Sears for your Columbus Day sale, as I wanted to purchase a Bromont Luxury Firm (aircool) Queen size mattress which was originally priced around $700.00 back in July with a 24 month financing available. I was very excited that Sears was having a "50%" promotion plus an extra "10% off", as my husband and I are new homeowners we are looking at maximum savings and this just seemed like the deal we were waiting for. Imagine our surprise when we went to Sears and was informed that the mattress was on sale for $629.00 with a 12 month financing plan!!! The sales associate said that it was marked down from the "Regular price of $1599.99", a price that we were told in July was never the price that Sears sold the Mattress for, as they always sold at a lower cost, which was in the $700.00 price range. Therefor how was the price a $60% discount is beyond me and with a lesser financing option! I think that this is just another way for a large corporation like Sears to take advantage of unsuspecting customers, as the sales agent was quite surprised that we had paid so much attention to the "Original" prices and information back in July. Suffice to say, I did not purchase the new mattress because it just seemed like a very unfair and fraudulent deal.

Dear Anonymous452672,

I came across your post today and I thought I would reach out to offer some assistance. Based upon your post, we can see how this was a disappointing experience to you while attempting to purchase a new mattress. We certainly understand how important it is to properly budget your finances especially as new homeowners. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We are proud of your loyalty to Sears and we appreciate your business. With this stated, for what you have experienced we would be more than happy to have a case manager contact you to see how we can make this right by you. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Anonymous452672), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the confusing experience you had and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

@Sears Response

Hi Brian,

I tried to send you my contact info via the email provided however I got a postmaster delivery status notification (failure returned mail. Please let me know if there is a number that I can contact you directly, as I had also tried emailing Sears customer service and I had the same problem. Kind Regards -DS (Anonymous452572)

Different purchase - same complaint.:(

Ordered the Sears washer/dryer bundle. On the opening sears.com screen, it says that members get an EXTRA 10% off on appliances purchased during the Columbus day sale. When the order confirmation was emailed to me, it did not reflect the extra 10% off. When I called to correct this, they told me that it was an already discounted item so the EXTRA 10% off did not apply.

This is the 3rd time making a major purchase from Sears that I have experienced their total lack of concern about their customers and did not deliver on an advertised offer.

I've cancelled my order and I will NEVER shop at Sears again. :upset

@Sears Response

Dear gatorgirl,

Thank you for taking time to post about your recent online shopping experience. In your post you also stated you’ve had similar experiences with previous purchases. We are concerned about the shopping experiences you have had because we do value you as a loyal Sears member. We endeavor to provide a positive and satisfying shopping experience to all of our members. To this end, it would be our pleasure to contact you to see how we can address these issues. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media team. In order to provide further assistance, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (gatorgirl), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. We apologize for the type of shopping experiences you had and we hope to speak with you soon.

LTCC

Sales folks bet on the fact that most consumers will not question or keep records of prices......its laughable how they think we are all sheep. You are correct....all sales promotions are carefully and methodically thought ought......they are looking to lure you in with the least amount of damage to their bottom line

View more comments (4)

Sears in Atlanta, Georgia - Rusty Kenmore Refrigerator

I have what was a top of the line Sears Kenmore refrigerator that is about 5 years old. The front of this fridge, where the ice/water dispenser is has completely rusted out, extended over toward the handles, and the other night whole face just fell off. The socket inside for the bulb crumbled and fell apart over a year ago the first time I tried to change the bulb. There are orange rust spots along the side floor edge that look like an old car driven in the snow for about 10 years. Last year I e-mailed Sears and they basically replied "rust happens" This is my last Sears product!

:? My frig has the same rust out problem.

Sears and Kenmore will go down in flames because I will not consider buying from them again.

Their frig's are junk.

Mr. Page

@Anonymous

i HAD THE REPAIR MAN TELL ME MY FRIG WAS RUSTING BECAUSE I LIVE IN FLORIDA. i GUESS THAT IS ANOTHER VERSION OF RUST HAPPENS. WHAT'S DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS EXPERIENCE IS MY FRIG IS LESS THAN 4 YEARS OLD :cry

Dear Lrenp,

We appreciate your taking time out of your day to post about the condition of your Kenmore refrigerator and the level of customer service you were provided. Sears has a long standing reputation of providing quality products and superior customer service; it seems we didn’t quite live up to this reputation in your case. I came across your post today and I thought I would reach out to you. My name is Brian and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to see what options are available to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Lrenp), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. We apologize for the disappointment you’ve had with your refrigerator and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears - Purchased expensive lawn tractor 7-speed Shift on the Go

After mowing a few times tried to remove blade for sharpening, but it would not unscrew. Consulted Operator's Manual and it said you had to remove the entire cutting deck assembly. Finally removed it and found blades had rusted because they were made of cheap steel. All parts in this cutting assembly were stamped made in China. They were poorly machined and full of burrs. The blades are cheap steel, but cannot purchase other manufacturer's blades. IT TOOK 8 HOURS TO TAKE THIS APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. DO NOT BUY! IT IS CHEAP CHINESE JUNK! Only good thing is the motor made by Briggs & Stratton.

Sears in Deerfield, Illinois - New Refrigerator delivered - broken ice maker

Every communication I have had with Sears has gone wrong and the customer service people on the phone are extremely uncaring and robotic. I purchased a brand new Kenmore refrigerator for $1800 and a small freezer. The refrigerator was delivered and the ice maker was not working. I called and went to the original store where I made the purchase. A new ice maker was ordered and I was told I would have to wait for 5 days after the delivery before the tech could come and install it. The tech did not want to look at the refrigerator unless the ice maker was there, not sure how they determined the cause to be the ice maker. The freezer section and the refrigerator were working. Tech came out and worked on it for 3 hours, not an ice maker issue, there was a problem with the wiring and the refrigerator had to be replaced. Next day, I opened the refrigerator and all my food had gone bad because there was no cold air coming from freezer or refrigerator. I was told they would replace the refrigerator - I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER REFRIGERATOR FROM SEARS!!!! I had a phone call from sears, customer service to say they would be picking up my freezer. I didn't have any problems with my freezer. Then we were disconnected and no one ever called back. I made several calls and finally the driver came out to pick up my broken refrigerator and was the ONLY nice person that I dealt with. He called customer service to see if I could get a discount on a replacement and was told no. Even after I had lost a few hundred dollars worth of food and a few weeks of time and aggravation of dealing with the issue. The refrigerator is gone. Today I get an automated call from Sears saying to please call because my delivery is going to be delayed. I call Sears and I'm told that I am scheduled for a refrigerator delivery. How can that be possible. Even when I go to hang up, the CS rep tells me in 24-48 hours I will get an email with my new delivery date. I don't think she understood one word I said to her. Then after I started yelling about not wanting another one, she had the guts to ask me if I wanted to buy something from Sears. Are you kidding me? Not one person got anything right. I have all my appliances from Sears, but it is time for me to move on and look at another company for my appliances.

Dear Cashli00,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry for the multiple setbacks you have faced since making your appliance purchases with us, and apologize for the trouble you are currently experiencing as you try to get your refrigerator returned. It is easy to understand why this whole situation has been disappointing for you, and we would like the chance to ensure that the remainder of your experience goes smoothly. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Cashli00), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.