Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears in Lodi, Wisconsin - Kenmore Pro. Delivered July 14th 2013 - Oct - Still not working

When we got the fridge our food was going bad. Temp on outside of fridge said 38. Finally went bought a thermometer and put it in the fridge, reads out at 55. Had 4 repairmen, several missed appointments. Fridge still doesn't work 4 months after buying it. If this is the top of the line fridge I hate to see how their lower level fridges work. Today had mother board replaced. Didn't help. Earlier replaced a fan, didn't work. Skipped work two different days and repairman didn't show. Worst service for a new product that I have ever encountered. Just a complete piece of ***.

RECENTLY purchased????.are YOU kidding me? That is four months without a fridge.

How would YOU like to pay out big bucks for a top of the one fridge only to be out all that money and time. What do you EXPECT her to do now......Wait another four months for a resolution?

What you are doing to customers is hurtful and should be illegal. You are taking money and not providing a working item for that money.

How do you sleep at night knowing that?

Dear Anonymous415222,

We are truly sorry to hear that the refrigerator you recently purchased has not been operating to your expectations and for the troubles with repair. We know that it is very important to have a properly functioning refrigerator in your home. We would be more than happy to see how we can address this matter for you. My name Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares team. To receive further assistance, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (anonymous41522), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the dilemma you’ve encountered regarding your water heater and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

With Official Company Response

Sears Marketplace Merchant EWPLUSOFT Provided MS Office Professional 2010 With Invalid Key

I purchased the full retail version of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 from EWPLUSOFT via the Sears Marketplace. You really want to avoid purchasing software from EWPLUSOFT since they provide developer's licenses rather than retail licenses (called Office Professional Plus 2010). Microsoft will not activate developer licenses without a developer's subscription. I have no idea of the cost this subscription since I am a home user. I sent 8 e-mails asking EWPLUSOFT for a disc with the retail version of the software or a full refund. EWPLUSOFT sent 7 e-mails simply telling me that I needed to download the software from their website "to fix the problem" in lieu of retail disc. In the 8th e-mail, EWPLUSOFT finally acknowledged that they will neither provide a disc with the retail version of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 nor provide a refund. Again, you really want to avoid doing business this Marketplace seller!

Dear MyYoki333,

Thank you for posting about your online purchase of Microsoft Office Pro 2010; I can truly see how this was a troublesome matter to resolve. I came across your post today, my name is Brian, and I am a member of the Sears Cares Team. If you need further assistance I would be more than happy to have one of our dedicated case managers follow up with you. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (MyYoki333), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the laborious encounter you had with your recent online purchase and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

@Sears Response

Brian,

I previously forwarded an e-mail to your office about this matter but didn't receive a response yet. I will forward another e-mail with the requested information to your attention again.

@MyYoki333

I called the 1-800 number for the Sears Marketplace, sent an e-mail to a Sears representative listed on one of the complaint websites, opened a case with their blue ribbon department at their corporate headquarters, contacted Microsoft about the licensing issues described below, and even filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. However, Sears offered no remedy for this transaction (citing their no return policy for the Sears Marketplace).

Sears consistently stood up for their seller throughout this dispute process, and even prevented me from posting feedback on their website warning other potential buyers to be careful with their purchases from this seller.

The situation was real simple. The Sears Marketplace seller, EWPLUSOFT, shipped an item that doesn't match the description on Sears Marketplace, and that was probably fraudulent.

- The description on Sears Marketplace was for a disc with the "Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Retail Full Version." The advertisement didn't explicitly state valid license code but this is in fact an obvious requirement of this transaction.

- The seller shipped me a disc with Microsoft Professional Office Plus 2010 rather than the retail version of the Microsoft Office Professional 2010. The Pro Plus version is a volume licensed product that is only sold in volume to businesses or academic institutions that have an agreement with Microsoft. An employee of these businesses and institutions can then purchase a copy of Pro Plus through the Home Use Program. However, a retail buyer CANNOT legitimately acquire this software through consumer retailers (including Sears Marketplace sellers). Why is this seller shipping a volume licensing product to end consumers?

- The plastic container with the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 was obviously opened (presumably to remove the original product key). The seal across the two sides of the plastic case was detached on one side so the seal wouldn't break when the plastic case was opened. I couldn't even get the seal to affix to the one side after applying ample pressure on the seal. Why would the seal not stick to only one side if this is a legitimate retail version of Microsoft Office?

- The product key in the plastic case was invalid. Microsoft stated that the product key could only be activated by a software developer with a current developer's subscription with Microsoft. Why would a consumer encounter this issue with a legitimate retail copy of Microsoft Office?

- The seller repeatedly wanted to substitute a download for the retail disc version, and to replace the product key with another product key from an unknown origin where they "had to pay extra for the license code." This license wasn’t authenticated by a Microsoft product key label and was simply provided in an e-mail. Why would a legitimate seller need to pay extra for a valid product key if they are indeed selling legitimate copies of Microsoft Office?

- The seller indicated that the Microsoft Office download didn't require a Microsoft Office product key. I purchased more than a dozen different software packages from Microsoft, and Microsoft in every instance required a license code to load and use their software. Why would Microsoft allow a merchant to sell copies of Microsoft Office 2010 without a authentic product keys?

- The language on the slip with the product key was primarily in a far eastern language (presumably in Chinese) rather than in English. I found exact matches for layout and content of this slip on websites showing pirated and fraudulent software. Why would the slip with the product key primarily be in a far eastern language when I was buying the retail version of the software in the United States?

I honestly thought that the Sears name meant something, and that I was ok buying this item through their Sears Marketplace. However, Sears will likely continue to die a slow death and the Sears Marketplace will only accelerate this process.

Please be careful in any dealings with Sears and particularly with their Sears Marketplace.

View more comments (2)
  • EWPLUSOFT
  • Invalid Key
  • MS Office 2010

DONT BUY SEARS APPLIANCES

I have had the worst experience with all my sears appliances. I bought a 2 drawer dishwasher, refrigerator, over the microwave oven, washing machine and new oven from Sears within 2 years from each other during a remodel of my kitchen. I have had my dishwasher serviced 7 times and today was the 8th time and they tell me the motor on the bottom drawer is done and the top drawer is also shot. My dishwasher has never worked right from the beginning and because the first 7 technicians did not detect the motors were not working properly the dishwasher is out of warranty. You can't speak to a supervisor there is no one you can talk to other than customer care and they done do anything. I have also had to replace my microwave oven and my refrigerator is also not working property ice machine is broken. Washing machine is being replaced today(not with Sears products) I have paid more money in service calls !!!! I could have just purchased new appliances. STAY AWAY FROM SEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Anonymous451026,

We are very sorry to hear you have had so many difficulties with your new appliances; we can definitely understand how making such great investments in products that fail to meet your expectations would be disappointing. My name is Brian, I am a member of the Sears Cares Team and we would like to have the opportunity to speak with you. If you’d like, I will put you in touch with one of our dedicated case managers to provide further assistance. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (anonymous451026), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences concerning your appliances and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears in Erie, Pennsylvania - HAVE DAMAGE TO OUR HOME BECAUSE OF YOUR PRODUCT

THIS WILL BE MY SECOND EMAIL SOMEONE NAMED ROBERT CALL US ONCE AND SAID HE WOULD CALL BACK WELL GUESS WHAT NO CALL . I WILL NOT HAVE MY FAMILY AND FREINDS SHOP AT SEARS ANYMORE THEY HAVE BAD SERVICE. MY NUMBER IS 814-454-9667OR 814-969-5160 I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS ABOUT RETURNING A CALL THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS AND IT NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF . IF I DONT GET THIS DONE I WILL GET A HOLD OF COMSUMER PROTECTION TO HELP ME ITS BAD MANAGEMENT ON YOUR PART. THANKE YOU FOR YOUR TIME MARK SAWYER

Dear Mark Sawyer,

Thank you for your post; we can see how this ongoing matter is causing you some frustrations. My name is Brian, a member of the Sears Cares Team, I came across your post today. Our records indicates one of our dedicated case manager spoke with you on 10/7/2013. We have forwarded your post to your case manager and requested follow up contact. Again, we apologize for the continued inconveniences with your issue; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

nikalseyn

And, your specific problem is---------?

Sears in New York, New York - Bought 3 mitsubishi AC

In March of this year I purchased 3 Mitsubishi AC. Since MARCH I've tried to get someone to come out and see the job that was done. As Sears being a long time big corporation I thought to go with them for the AC. To my surprise I was ignored and no one had the desince to answer my emails. All summer I had only 1 AC working as the one in my kitchen leacked water as it wasn't pitched correctly and the one in the living room stayed on for 3 min. My fustrations is that they installed the AC with these thick black piping that goes from the back of my house to the front of the house thru my kitchen, hallway and thru my front hall and that is they way they finished the job with the pipe exposed. That is the same way they finished the outside portion of the AC. Now to fix this they want another $1,200 to cover the piping... Now does that sound right to you ??? That I need to spend more money for them to finish the job. I feel that I was taken advange of as a single women. I am very very disappointed with the handling of this and will be very affraid to buy anything at SEARS because of this.

Dear Anonymous450662,

I came across your post today and thought I would reach out to you. We are sorry to hear of the challenges you have faced with your air conditioning units. We are can only imagine you may have experienced extremely warm whether temperatures this past summer and being without properly functioning AC units in your home certainly caused inconvenience and frustration for your family. My name is Brian L, and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. It would be our pleasure to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you to provide further assistance. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (anonymous450662), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for the dilemma you’ve encountered and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears in Victoria, British Columbia - Bought Band Saw. Can't Buy Blades

In May my wheelchair-bound husband bought a Craftsman 10" blade saw from Sears. He was told he would have to order blades from their tool catalogue. They don't have them in the store. Went to our local Sears catalogue outlet plus one other. Neither had tool catalogues. Long story short, blade wore out. Could not replace it. Tried all local saw blade companies who did not have the correct size. Called tool dept. mgr. at Sears who provided us with 800 number in the States. They didn't carry them. Referred us to another company, same thing. Finally found a company who carried the blades we needed but did not sell them retail. Told us we would have to have Sears purchase them for us. Suggested this to Sears. They were getting snotty by this time. Haven't heard from them since. We have been trying since June to replace this blade with no luck. Wrote a letter to Store manager, which to this point has been ignored. $250 saw sitting useless as no blades available. Oh, yes, we finally got a tool catalogue. The saw is advertised, but no blades!!
Sears Manager
  • 10 Craftsman Band Saw

Sears in San Diego, California - Recall? Tough Luck

I bought a $250 dehumidifier. I got a recall notice, and after I jump through a bunch of hoops, the factory will refund me $160. Apparently the difference went into the pockets of Sears. I tried to call sears, and explain about the recall, and all I want is a replacement, and I have the deluxe warranty that I paid extra for. After I spend 3 h on the phone getting bounced around and disconnected, they try to claim they have no record of my purchase. Then they say the warrany is invalid in the case of a recall. I cant even get a replacement. Well, Sears says TOUGH LUCK!! NEVER WILL I EVER buy anything at Sears again!!!!!

They seem to be putting any ing extra from our losses in their pockets.

Sears has lost so much money and confidence they will never recover.

Dear Anonymous450335,

Please accept our apologies for how the matters concerning the dehumidifier recall has been handled. We strive to make every interaction positive and memorable for each Sears member and we are sorry to hear you have not had this experience. I came across your post today and thought I would reach out to offer assistance. My name is Brian L, and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to put you in contact with a dedicated case manager to explore what options are available to help resolve this situation. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (anonymous450335), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for the difficulties and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

They pro-rated it. You got to use it for a period of time and that's what you paid for.

@logiclogic

It wasn't right and YOU KNOW it......

View more comments (3)
Sears Replacement
  • recall partial refund

Sears - Recall

We bought a dehumidifier from Sears a year ago and now is being recalled by Gree. Sears does not handle the recalls for their customers so we have to deal with Gree on our own. Even though they have our complete purchase record, Gree told us to prove of purchase we need to mail in the code labels that's tightly attached on the dehumidifier. Gree said If the stickers get torn than we won't get our money back!!! Plus it may take a couple months until we receive the check refund they said. Comparatively Costco has the similar dehumidifier recall from Gree. But Costco has much much better customer service. Just to bring in the recall item and Costco offers instant full refund. Why can't Sears does the same for their customers????? I bought most of my appliances the past 15 years from Sears but will be going to Costco from now on.

Why don't you try one of your local mom and Pop appliance stores. You will get great personal service and I am sure,they will price match anything that Costco has.

We bought a freezer at our local appliance store and we still have that freezer many years later and got great service as well.

The local stores in your area need the patronage as well. Just a thought......

Dear dolcegiocoso7,

We sincerely apologize for the confusion you have encountered with the dehumidifier recall. For many years we have worked hard to establish a reputation of providing superior products and services, it appears we fell short of the mark on this matter. My name is Brian L, I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with a case manager to provide further assistance in order to reestablish your trust and loyalty to Sears. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (dolcegiocoso7), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for the repair difficulties and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Review

Sears Customer Executive Relations Responds!

At last, a long weekend and a number of rants about all the issues related to getting the correct Dryer. Dryer 3 Are You Kidding? This may be on the way to being resolved. I sent yet another email to yet another address, this time to CustomerRelations@searshc.com. I got a call back from a very real woman who indeed was able to look into the matter and provide some convincing support for placing a third dryer order through Sears. Give's a gal a little hope. Please try this approach, if it doesn't work then a complaint must be lodged with the Better Business Bureau @ https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
With Official Company Response

Sears systemic customer service failure

A senior executive who oversees Customer Satisfaction and/or Service Delivery needs to take a serious, in-depth look at the events surrounding the order for a hot water heater and installation which was initiated by me Thursday, Sept 26th at approximately 6 PM ET. The events surrounding the post-sale coordination of installation and escalation are a sad testimony to a company consumers have looked up to for decades. Given the number of different customer service representatives who were involved with this transaction and their collective inability to get the unit's installation coordinated, to escalate the failure to someone who could resolve the coordination problem - even as far as the "Escalation Team's" inability to address the problem - this is not an isolated event - its a systematic failure. Assuming for the moment that everyone put accurate notes in the CS record as we would anticipate - the chronology will demonstrate the issue. "Call before Noon and we'll install same day" - Sears quote. I called and bought the service and water heater Thursday night. It's now Saturday morning @ 10 AM ET. The most embarrassing point of this failure is I have placed at least 15 or 20 calls over the course of the now 3 calendar day period to the Sears Customer "Service" Center ............... I have never received a call from anyone - not Sears, not from an installer and worst of all ........ not a word from the "Escalation Team" - assuming they even exist - who was engaged at 5 PM ET Friday. This is the very last time I will ever call on Sears for anything and I will make it my life's passion to spread the word of how Sears treats its "valued customers".

Unfortunately, you are assuming that they care. Their people are untrained and have no idea how to help anybody with a problem.

Their call reps are either foreign or a bunch of uneducated kids that are rude and unmannerly.

It is too bad that there are still some people out there that have no idea what they are getting into when they make a purchase at this store.

Dear Anonymous2Dryers,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are having with the two dryers purchased through us. You don't give a tremendous amount of information but enough information for me to know that you have not received the help needed to resolve this situation. We would like to offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can work closely with you and resolve this issue. We want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous2Dryers), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Susan R.

MikeBohl,

We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you have encountered with your water heater. We can certainly understand your frustrations with the lack of customer service you have received regarding your installation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your comment and wanted to offer our assistance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to address your concerns and restore your faith in Sears. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the water heater was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (MikeBohl) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Sears Social Media Support

I am with you! Systemic problem.

And I am with you I don't believe they exist. Having a similar situation with 2 wrong dryers.

My funds are tied up with both and I want NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH SEARS! EVER!!

View more comments (3)