Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I disputed a software purchase from Sears Marketplace seller, EWPLUSOFT, when the shipped item didn't match the description on Sears Marketplace, AND when I made at least a dozen attempts to resolve the matter with the seller. I called the 1-800 number for the Sears...

I agree with using your credit card. If there is a dispute they will go to bat for you.

We had a ridiculous situation with them and of course had no success getting anyone to listen to us. The credit card company went to bat for us and we were successful because we were right and they knew it.

Don't buy ANYTHING from Sears. It will be a headache that will be unresolved possibly forever with them taking your money and going you nothing for it.

STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!!!!

• dispute process
  • EWPLUSOFT

Sears review in Winter Park, Florida: Hostile work environment abusers

sears winter park is a really bad call center. its a work environment full of hostile angry aggressive people and managers who abuse employees and women especially. they sexually harass women too. no one cares or does anything and if u complain then they fire you. beware of this terrible work environment and place. its located in winter park in florida on forsyth rd... this place acts in unethical ways and mistreats and screws over employees. corrupt unethical bad and terrible place to work and the young male managers are sleeping with most of the women there. they are sickos and perverts...

No moderator here, I guess

Review

Sears has the worst customer service I've ever experienced

Sears' customer service is just terrible! I am having an issue with them, and it's impossible to discuss things with them on any sort of equal footing. They insist on recording calls from a customer service representative (CSR), but the CSR will not agree to let me record the call. What right does a company have to insist on recording a call without giving the other party the same opportunity? They appear to be very arrogant, especially for a company that is bleeding money. It is very sad to see how bad Sears has become after being a premier retail chain.

Had a rebate issue with Sears that made absolutely no sense. My dimes stay away from there until the end of time!!

My experience with Sears Customer Service is the same. It is terrible.

Will never buy anything for more than $10 from them again.

It is sad. I remember when they were great and their installers knew what they were doing.

Anon,

My name is Dianne with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies. It is our goal at Sears to provide our members with the highest quality of products and service. I am sorry if we disappointed you. We would be more than happy to speak to you further on what has transpired and offer our assistance to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anon) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concern with call recording, we see how this issue is of concern to you. Telephone calls may be recorded or monitored solely for quality and training purposes in accordance with our efforts of providing superior member services. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After having read your post, I wanted to reach out to you. We would be happy to put you in touch with a case manager to receive further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous453990), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.

@Sears Response

Superior member services? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Your member services are the WORST in the industry.

You won't allow anyone ELSE to record calls because you are all so lacking and untrained in being able to get anything done and so rude and uncaring. What you do to people borders on illegal and is for SURE immoral. Taking money from people and insulting them is ridiculous.

I don't understand HOW you could lie to,people and give them false hope. How do you sleep at night?

View more comments (4)
Review

Sears review: I was never credited for the wrong appliance in spite of many assurances that they already had.

The wrong dryer was brought to my home but not off the truck as the delivery guy told me I needed a gas dryer and not the electrical one they had brought. He told me how frequently this happened. Curiously, out of all the questions and verifications I had to go through on the phone, I was never once asked if I needed an electrical or gas dryer. And yet the delivery man said how often he had to deal with that. I was assured by two different Sears representatives plus one of their supervisors that my cc card had been credited the day of the attempted delivery. I was promised a statement of reimbursement on line. Nothing. Curiously, they do have my e-mail address as I keep on getting ads from them.DO NOT TRUST SEARS. I believe that they make a lot of money delivering the wrong items and keeping your money as long as they can. I still don't have mine.

If you have a Sears card call citibank and ask to speak to their person that deals with grievances to a charge on your card. They are very good that way and although it might take Dix weeks to challenge and rectify you will have the charge removed.

Don't speak to anyone from Sears about it as they will try to deep six your grievance and try to get you to say you did something wrong. Good luck

Viaan

Mikebrady....its all smoke and mirrors....SearsCares just enough to want folks think they care.....proof is in the pudding...and they are failing miserably....keep us posted.

Courtnie
@Viaan

Actually it turned out well. I may have thrown a monkey wrench into things by callilng everyone possible to get it done.

As it happens, three different people were working on a resolution! That did cause some confusion when I went to the store as instructed to choose a new fridge. However, the three different people had come up with three very different amounts. After straightening it out, I was given the higher of the three amounts.

On top of that, for my trouble, the manager at the Sears brought the price down on what we chose so we wouldn't have to pay the 400.00 to upgrade.We ended up with a much nicer unit and paid nothing. I promise Sears did not solicit any retraction from me for this comment or my complaint regarding it on this site. I just believe I should praise as loud as I ***ch! I don't like complaining, but Sears did listen this time and I appreciate it!

I also feel bad for the salesman who spent the better part of two hours helping me straighten this out and ended up with no commission because the it was a replacement. And he was very pleasant about it too!

Courtnie

Don't hold your breath on the "Sears Cares Escalation Team" I talked to them two days ago on an issue and was promised a call back and to have contact info and case number sent by email. Guess what? No call, no email,no refrigerator until who knows when.

MikeBrady,

We are very sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding the delay in contact from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Anonymous,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation Team. I came across your post and wanted to express our concerns for the mishaps you have experienced with your dryer purchase. It sounds as if we have let you down on just about every level imaginable and would like to offer our assistance. We can truly understand how important it is to have your credit refunded in a timely manner. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Anonymous453979), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears Social Media Support

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.....

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss

Sears review in Ashburn, Virginia: STAY AWAY!! Sear Outlet delivered broken Fridge

I bought a fridge from a Sears outlet that had a small dent in the back. No biggie. Awesome deal I thought! The delivery guys come to deliver the refrigerator, and call me out to the truck because "they have a problem". One of the shelves is shattered and the refrigerator is filled with glass. I called the outlet store and they said that they can exchange it for one they have in the store, but it has a badly dented front..or "their best option" -accept the shattered fridge and call some 1800 number and schedule a technician to come out at some point and replace the shelf. 1) I am 8 months pregnant and moving into my first home, I do not need shattered glass in my new home that I am about to bring home a newborn into (the delivery guy even said it was so bad, that he did not feel comfortable bringing it into the home. 2) You all break my refrigerator and want me to figure out getting it fixed which could take weeks that I do not have to be without a fridge!!?! I told them to take it back. I am trying to figure out what my options are at this point since the 2 options that Sears has given me are ridiculous. It is not like the refrigerator malfunctioned....YOU ALL BROKE IT!!!! This is by far the worst delivery/buying experience I have ever had. Sears has gone way down hill.
Viaan

morgieleigh6.......love to have an update as to what the SEARs resolution was, seeing how SEARs Cares soooo much.

Sears uses a third party delivery service in Cleveland for deliveries I use to have to manage these thugs. In most cases when I left theft from customers deliveries was extremely high property damage to customers homes was in the hundreds.

They will put anyone on the streets with criminal records for theft drugs ect to make deliveries. I had first hand knowledge that Sears could care less who went into there customers homes. I am glad I left the company it was a nightmare to say the least everyday going into work and seeing the customers disappointments. Sears replaced the Carrier and took the lowest bidder.

This is how they operate everywhere I am truly surprised that Eddie has not given a darn on how his customers are treated.

the people leading this company only care about costs and could care less about service. I see them going out of business in the next few years

Morgieleigh6,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your refrigerator. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. My name is Liz with the Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (morgieleigh6), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Service
Sears Delivery Service
I have been a Sears customer for many years and a cardholder since probably around 1998. I have always done a lot of shopping at Sears, mostly for electronics and my kids clothes. I purchased around 300.00 worth of clothes once again 2 weekends ago and found out once...

Thank you for your response Brian, and I appreciate you providing the link for me to check the return/exchange policy. I also thank you for your offer for further assistance.

However, after the experience with the cashier, and no offer of help at all, just a flat no, I am not interested in any further association with Sears.

I, as everyone else work hard for my money, and where I choose to spend that money depends largely on how I am treated as a customer. All the cashier would have had to do is seem concerned and try to do something to rectify the problem, but she didn't.

And that has left me feeling like my business is not appreciated by Sears at all.

Again, I thank you for responding. Have a good day.

Loss
Bought a cordless Craftmans stapler 9,6v dc model no. 836272350 that Sears decide to discontinued, all I want and need is the heavy Duty EXTRA narrow crown 3/8 inch wirer staples for it but Sears no longer makes staples for it and no one else does either. . I have...

Fastenal has the 3/16 x 9/16. Duofast also makes ones that fit.

Go to primecell to get battery refurbished. If your charger does not charge, there us a 5a 250v fuse inside that may have blown.

• Craftman stapler craftman tools

Sears review: $1900 Refrigerator Junk / Worst Customer Service Experience Ever

Update by user Oct 17, 2013

Called again at 8:30 this morning. Spoke to a nice representative for over 1/2 hour.

He put a message in to the center who makes appointments.

Said I would receive a call back to set-up the appointment. It's 8PM and I have heard nothing!!

Original review posted by user Oct 16, 2013

In October 2012 my husband and I bit the bullet and paid $1900 for a new refrigerator. It was "top of the line" and it really seemed like it was going to be a wonderful refrigerator. Well, we let looks/features fool us. It has turned-out to be an $1900 piece of junk. Worst investment of money, ever. Within 3 months we had to make the first service call due to a horrible noise it was making. Was later told that this was a "known" issue in a large quantity of the units, but since a certain percentage of them did not have this problem, then a recall was not made. The appointment was set to have it fixed. Since they already knew what the problem was, they had the parts shipped in advance of the repair person showing-up. Unfortunately, our appointment was cancelled not just once, but twice!!! And they didn't have the decency to call us in advance to cancel the appointment, they waited until we were already home from work waiting for them (in the four hour window they give you) before they called to cancel!!! They did this to us twice!!! After we had taken time off of work and suffered a loss in pay to be home for these appointments! All-in-all my husband or I had to take three half days away from work just to get our refrigerator serviced! The serviceman was nice. We discussed the situation and whether we should just return the refrigerator, because at that point it was still an option. He explained that it was a known issue and he had replaced the faulty part with a much better part and we should have no more problems out of it. He seemed very knowledgeable so we trusted what he told us. Well, we shouldn't have!! Now, as our warranty is due to expire soon, we are having yet more problems. It is making a horrible noise again. We called to make yet another appointment. Again, took off a half day of work, and again were cancelled on!!! I had even called the morning of the appointment to confirm it due to our past issues. They assured me that someone would be there that day!! I was quite upset. Neither my husband or myself can keep wasting days off of work for this. I was told that I would have to reschedule. So I immediately called to do so. I was told that, due to our cancellation issues in the past, I would be elevated to a different status and would be able to pick three days of my choice to have a repair person come out. I told them the three days (all Saturdays at this point) and they told me that I would receive a return call within 3 hours to confirm my appointment. Here I sit two days later and I've still not gotten a call!!! Yes, I've called each day and explained this to several people. And each time I have been told that someone will call me back to set the appointment!!! If this isn't bad enough, there are other issues with the horrible waste of $1900 we purchased. For one, the ice dispenser doesn't work properly. Nine times out of ten we have to open the ice box and chop the ice before it will dispense. It seems that, for some unknown reason, our ice sticks together after it has been dumped from the ice tray. Imagine spending $1900 for a refrigerator and having to chop your ice constantly before using your automatic ice dispenser. And you think that would be bad enough, but there's more. The stainless steel is horrible!! It seems you can barely brush against it and it will scratch! I have many friends/family who have stainless and have not had any such problem. This fridge is a lemon and I just want to get another model!! The customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Sears used to be reliable and sell quality products. We purchased from Sears because that is where our previous refrigerator and other household appliances were from and we have been happy with them for years. It is that time when they are all going to start needing replaced one-by-one. We have already said that this refrigerator is the LAST appliance we will be purchasing here. Our time/money is valuable. Sears seems to think otherwise.

How about giving them a replacement, Edwin and not a gift card....????

Edwin C. of Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support = Damage Control......as i repeatedly say......how about all this effort up front......

Dear wastedmoney,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We thank you for reaching out to us regarding your refrigerator situation. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service rendered, and how it was handled when you reached out for our assistance in reference to your refrigerator’s repair appointment. We can understand how frustrating is having to take the time off from work for the repair service and have the services cancelled without your consent can be extremely upsetting, and for that were sorry. It would be our pleasure to speak to you, provide you with any assistance deemed necessary in this matter as well as to make sure this issue is resolved and taken care of in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (wastedmoney), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.

Sears review in Gulfport, Mississippi: Kenmore Oasis Elite is a LEMON

I bought my Kenmore Oasis Elite washing machine in September of 2007. Shortly after I purchased the machine I began having problems with it. I had a service tech come out and take a look at he fixed one problem (long fill) at that time. I still continued to have other problems with the machine though. I called again shortly after my one year warranty was out and was told it would cost me to have someone come look at it again. At this point, I called a technician from a local company because I felt that Sears' prices were inflated. The service tech came out and said that he found nothing mechanically wrong with the machine... that the problem was most likely with the electronics of the machine, and he would not be able to service the machine. The problems were the F1 error code, the machine going completely haywire, cutting on and off on its own, not able to start a cycle. etc. I lived with this problem for years because I simply could not afford to go out and buy another machine. Nor could I afford to spend the hundreds of dollars it would cost to replace the circuit board. January of 2013 I find out, on account of my own investigations, that there is a recall on the machine... the circuit board. I call the number that I found and request someone to come replace the circuit board. At first, they tried to tell me that my washer would not be covered by the recall and I would have to pay for the repair myself. 2 hours and 3 different people later, and they finally agreed to come fix my machine. They sent the replacement part to my house at which point I called to make the appointment. The serviceman came and fixed the problem in about 15 minutes. After the repair, I was still having problems with the machine. AND I had a new problem. The machine kept throwing off balance. AND I was still having the problem of all of the buttons going haywire, flashing on and off, randomly cycling through all of the modifiers. But the F1 error code was gone. At this point, I was not able to wash a load of clothes without the uL (unlevel) code coming up. Even when the machine was completely empty, it still shows this code. So I called Sears back and informed the operator that the problem was not resolved. They ended up sending the repair man back out. He came up with a list of things that it COULD be and told me that was all he could do, but that none of said repairs would fix the computer issue. I call AGAIN. I am told that if someone comes to look at it again, then I will be charged for the service call and any repairs that need to be made. At this point, I am just beyond frustration. I end up getting off the phone completely irritated and feeling like I am getting the run around. I call back yet again and ask them why I am being held responsible for this issue that was obviously a manufacturer's defect. The machine has given me nothing but problems since I first purchased it. And it is obviously a very common problem. I end up getting nowhere with the phone calls and service calls. The only thing I was told is how much $$ I would have to spend. I end up just suffering along with my off balance washing machine - wringing my clothes out as best as I can by hand. Eventually, about a month ago I had another repairman from my aforementioned local repair company come to take a look. And this guy tells me that there is nothing wrong with the mechanics of the machine. The problem has to be with the computer board in the machine. He then tells me that, to his knowledge, there have been many other people with the same complaint about after the computer board being changed, the machine is unable to balance. He explains to me that the reason is because the computer is sending too much power to the spin motor and it is causing it to go off balance. Or something along those lines. So today, I decided to call Sears again. And wouldn't you know that the lady that I first spoke with told me that she had just gotten off the phone with another customer claiming the exact same issue. I end up getting transferred from person to person. Nobody was able to help me except to offer me a protection plan. I am quite honestly, at this point, not interested in giving one more dime to Sears. Why should I have to pay for this problem that should have been correctly fixed the first time? Every person I have spoken to has given me the run around. I even had one particular lady, Alicia (customer solutions Supervisor) tell me that there was nobody else for me to speak to and my complaint would be escalated no further. I was never rude to anyone. I was certainly not rude to her but she was downright nasty to me. I am truly shocked at the lack of care that Sears has for its products and the people who purchase them. At this point, I have been told by numerous Sears and Kenmore associates that there is nothing more they can do for me, so I will make my complaints on every single board and review site that I can find. And my business, for one, is most definitely directed elsewhere.

Don't fall for the " "Sears Don't Care" team. They will try yo give you a gift card to shut you up. Why don't you people FIX these defective appliances in the first place and stop abusing the customers that pay your salaries?

Just fix the board. Sounds like a bad relay on board.

I just troubleshot a Dacor Down Draft Vent. System for a customer and they wanted $200 for a board.

Alittle testing and I fixed it. There are not much to them.Good Luck.

Dear Anonymous 452824,

We are truly concerned about the challenges you have faced while attempting to have your Kenmore washing machine suitably repaired. What you have detailed in your post clearly lets us know how baffling and disconcerting this matter has been for you. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I came across your post today and I felt compelled to reach out to you. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with one of our case managers who will explore what options may be available to bring this dilemma to a satisfactory conclusion. As your time schedule allows, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Anonymous 452824), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the difficult encounters you have experienced and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.

Product
Sears Protection Plan
Loss
I've been a Sears hard lines sales associate for about three months now and I gotta say its not that great. About the time I got out of highschool and needed to start looking for a job is when it became nigh on impossible to actually get one. After nearly three years...

I was a cashier and I am in the same boat as you. No one was properly trained.

They expected other employees who were not trained well to train the new people. They claim to give hours to people who's SYW numbers and credit apps are up. It's so entirely false. One guy who I work with has -15 credit applications and he works average 25 hours a week.

One girl has like 50 percent average in SWY and gets 20 a week. I have -3 credit cards and 80 SWY average but I get like 10 hours a week. I don't see the logic there. Not only that but everyone talks *** about each other and makes fun of people.

The tool pros do what every they wish. They play air hockey and leave the room area and leave the cashier alone. Please understand this. The cashier knows nothing about tools.

At least at the store I was at. We were not trained anything about tools. We're just thrown into it and left to figure stuff out. You'll call and call for them but they don't care.

I once watched two employees just make out before. Not only all this but it was super boring. You are not allowed to leave 10 feet away from your register. Even when I do leave further away to fold clothes, there are only so many things to do.

The whole register thing sucks. The people who are closing have to deal with the people who opened mistakes. Once I started work and both the registers were like 60.

One of the mangers came by and I had to sign a paper saying that they were low even though I just got to work.

Service