Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears review: Fraudulent Advertising!!!!

I went into Sears for your Columbus Day sale, as I wanted to purchase a Bromont Luxury Firm (aircool) Queen size mattress which was originally priced around $700.00 back in July with a 24 month financing available. I was very excited that Sears was having a "50%" promotion plus an extra "10% off", as my husband and I are new homeowners we are looking at maximum savings and this just seemed like the deal we were waiting for. Imagine our surprise when we went to Sears and was informed that the mattress was on sale for $629.00 with a 12 month financing plan!!! The sales associate said that it was marked down from the "Regular price of $1599.99", a price that we were told in July was never the price that Sears sold the Mattress for, as they always sold at a lower cost, which was in the $700.00 price range. Therefor how was the price a $60% discount is beyond me and with a lesser financing option! I think that this is just another way for a large corporation like Sears to take advantage of unsuspecting customers, as the sales agent was quite surprised that we had paid so much attention to the "Original" prices and information back in July. Suffice to say, I did not purchase the new mattress because it just seemed like a very unfair and fraudulent deal.

Dear Anonymous452672,

I came across your post today and I thought I would reach out to offer some assistance. Based upon your post, we can see how this was a disappointing experience to you while attempting to purchase a new mattress. We certainly understand how important it is to properly budget your finances especially as new homeowners. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We are proud of your loyalty to Sears and we appreciate your business. With this stated, for what you have experienced we would be more than happy to have a case manager contact you to see how we can make this right by you. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Anonymous452672), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the confusing experience you had and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

@Sears Response

Hi Brian,

I tried to send you my contact info via the email provided however I got a postmaster delivery status notification (failure returned mail. Please let me know if there is a number that I can contact you directly, as I had also tried emailing Sears customer service and I had the same problem. Kind Regards -DS (Anonymous452572)

Different purchase - same complaint.:(

Ordered the Sears washer/dryer bundle. On the opening sears.com screen, it says that members get an EXTRA 10% off on appliances purchased during the Columbus day sale. When the order confirmation was emailed to me, it did not reflect the extra 10% off. When I called to correct this, they told me that it was an already discounted item so the EXTRA 10% off did not apply.

This is the 3rd time making a major purchase from Sears that I have experienced their total lack of concern about their customers and did not deliver on an advertised offer.

I've cancelled my order and I will NEVER shop at Sears again. :upset

@Sears Response

Dear gatorgirl,

Thank you for taking time to post about your recent online shopping experience. In your post you also stated you’ve had similar experiences with previous purchases. We are concerned about the shopping experiences you have had because we do value you as a loyal Sears member. We endeavor to provide a positive and satisfying shopping experience to all of our members. To this end, it would be our pleasure to contact you to see how we can address these issues. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media team. In order to provide further assistance, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (gatorgirl), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. We apologize for the type of shopping experiences you had and we hope to speak with you soon.

Viaan

Sales folks bet on the fact that most consumers will not question or keep records of prices......its laughable how they think we are all sheep. You are correct....all sales promotions are carefully and methodically thought ought......they are looking to lure you in with the least amount of damage to their bottom line

View more comments (4)

Sears review in Atlanta, Georgia: Rusty Kenmore Refrigerator

I have what was a top of the line Sears Kenmore refrigerator that is about 5 years old. The front of this fridge, where the ice/water dispenser is has completely rusted out, extended over toward the handles, and the other night whole face just fell off. The socket inside for the bulb crumbled and fell apart over a year ago the first time I tried to change the bulb. There are orange rust spots along the side floor edge that look like an old car driven in the snow for about 10 years. Last year I e-mailed Sears and they basically replied "rust happens" This is my last Sears product!

:? My frig has the same rust out problem.

Sears and Kenmore will go down in flames because I will not consider buying from them again.

Their frig's are junk.

Mr. Page

@Anonymous

i HAD THE REPAIR MAN TELL ME MY FRIG WAS RUSTING BECAUSE I LIVE IN FLORIDA. i GUESS THAT IS ANOTHER VERSION OF RUST HAPPENS. WHAT'S DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS EXPERIENCE IS MY FRIG IS LESS THAN 4 YEARS OLD :cry

Dear Lrenp,

We appreciate your taking time out of your day to post about the condition of your Kenmore refrigerator and the level of customer service you were provided. Sears has a long standing reputation of providing quality products and superior customer service; it seems we didn’t quite live up to this reputation in your case. I came across your post today and I thought I would reach out to you. My name is Brian and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to see what options are available to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Lrenp), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. We apologize for the disappointment you’ve had with your refrigerator and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

View more comments (2)

Sears review: Purchased expensive lawn tractor 7-speed Shift on the Go

After mowing a few times tried to remove blade for sharpening, but it would not unscrew. Consulted Operator's Manual and it said you had to remove the entire cutting deck assembly. Finally removed it and found blades had rusted because they were made of cheap steel. All parts in this cutting assembly were stamped made in China. They were poorly machined and full of burrs. The blades are cheap steel, but cannot purchase other manufacturer's blades. IT TOOK 8 HOURS TO TAKE THIS APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. DO NOT BUY! IT IS CHEAP CHINESE JUNK! Only good thing is the motor made by Briggs & Stratton.
Loss

Sears review in Deerfield, Illinois: New Refrigerator delivered - broken ice maker

Every communication I have had with Sears has gone wrong and the customer service people on the phone are extremely uncaring and robotic. I purchased a brand new Kenmore refrigerator for $1800 and a small freezer. The refrigerator was delivered and the ice maker was not working. I called and went to the original store where I made the purchase. A new ice maker was ordered and I was told I would have to wait for 5 days after the delivery before the tech could come and install it. The tech did not want to look at the refrigerator unless the ice maker was there, not sure how they determined the cause to be the ice maker. The freezer section and the refrigerator were working. Tech came out and worked on it for 3 hours, not an ice maker issue, there was a problem with the wiring and the refrigerator had to be replaced. Next day, I opened the refrigerator and all my food had gone bad because there was no cold air coming from freezer or refrigerator. I was told they would replace the refrigerator - I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER REFRIGERATOR FROM SEARS!!!! I had a phone call from sears, customer service to say they would be picking up my freezer. I didn't have any problems with my freezer. Then we were disconnected and no one ever called back. I made several calls and finally the driver came out to pick up my broken refrigerator and was the ONLY nice person that I dealt with. He called customer service to see if I could get a discount on a replacement and was told no. Even after I had lost a few hundred dollars worth of food and a few weeks of time and aggravation of dealing with the issue. The refrigerator is gone. Today I get an automated call from Sears saying to please call because my delivery is going to be delayed. I call Sears and I'm told that I am scheduled for a refrigerator delivery. How can that be possible. Even when I go to hang up, the CS rep tells me in 24-48 hours I will get an email with my new delivery date. I don't think she understood one word I said to her. Then after I started yelling about not wanting another one, she had the guts to ask me if I wanted to buy something from Sears. Are you kidding me? Not one person got anything right. I have all my appliances from Sears, but it is time for me to move on and look at another company for my appliances.

Dear Cashli00,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry for the multiple setbacks you have faced since making your appliance purchases with us, and apologize for the trouble you are currently experiencing as you try to get your refrigerator returned. It is easy to understand why this whole situation has been disappointing for you, and we would like the chance to ensure that the remainder of your experience goes smoothly. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Cashli00), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.

Service
Sears Replacement

Sears review in Connellsville, Pennsylvania: No refund --- No merchandise

I spent 386.92 on line called canceled order few hours later item never shipped or processed. Reason found same product cheaper in-stock local retailer .... Two weeks have passed and still no refund for an item that never got pulled from the shelf..... Worthless company I hope they bankrupt and end the misery already... Terrible in-store service--- and also the store employes have no idea what there talking about.... I was in the tool isle a few days later and i asked the tool professional (psssh). Didn't even know what an ipmact driver was... I asked he gave me a hammer... lmao

They told US that they could NOT cancel and order. The people at the call center have no idea what to do about any kind of problems they encounter. All they do is read off of a paper supplied by the company. Usually when they read the paper they can't pronounce the words because they do not speak English.

Eventually they tell you what you want to hear to get you to hang up. If you don't hang up they will hang up on you. They and untrained and uneducated for the most part and will tell you straight out that they do not care if your problem is resolved.

It will be the best thing ever when this store is bankrupt. He old sears died years ago

And no one really knew it, unfortunately.

Anonymous451929,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Kurt and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the difficulties you have experienced with the refund of your purchase. We can truly understand how frustrating it can be without have that amount of money readily available to you. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure this matter is addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (Anonymous451929), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Kurt M.

Review
#451929 Review #451929 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears review: Poor management policies

I purchased a IR air compressor with a sears service contract. Went to repair center about purchasing synthetic compressor oil but that they did not use synthetic oil and did not have it for me to purchase. According to IR, synthetic oil will need to be replaced yearly. I know non synthetic oil has to be changed more often. How can this be cost effective to me and to Sears. I have to go for repair shop more often and you have to spend more service hours to keep compressor in top notch condition. Difference in cost of oil is about 9 dollars more for synthetic.

I don't understand HOW they can get away with selling warranties and then not honoring them. Seems illegal to me......

I have had people call me and try to get me to renew my existing contracts.

I got wise to that and when I declined to renew they were rude and offensive. They want the money but don't want to honor it once they get their money.

Anonymous451773,

Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding the oil in your air compressor to our attention. It concerns us that, after spending money to purchase the compressor and service contract from us, you are not happy with the oil that we have available, either for sale in our stores, or through our repair centers. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to discuss this matter with you in greater detail. One of our case managers can contact you to see what options are available to you at this time. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Anonymous451773), and phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

Review
I wrote and submitted a negative review about a Sears Marketplace merchant on their website, and I got the following response: "Oops, there's a small issue with your review. Your review wasn't approved.Please just review the product and its features. If you have other...

Yep, same here with Sears.ca (Sears Canada)

They don't like to publish negative reviews.

I posted mine a few times before it got published, I received an e-mail saying my review is live and I confirmed this. A few days later, I went back and found that the review was gone.

Another reviewer did manage to get a somewhat negative review published on this item, however I was very negative in mine because it's a horrible product quality-wise.

Sears does not want its customers to know about this fact.

Here is the review that was published by Sears Canada and then removed shortly after:

Poor Quality The sheets softened up some after a wash, but are still pretty rough after three washings. Sometimes people say Egyptian cotton will soften up with washings, but that's just a way to discourage you from returning the product. I no longer buy from Sears website or catalogue - in my experience, too many merchants are using it as a place to dump stuff that wouldn't sell in the store. One pass of your hand on this fabric and you know it's no good.

I was too busy to return these sheets within the one month they give you as a reward for paying cash (store card users get three months). As another reviewer mentioned, they did shrink a lot even though I dried them on the lowest heat setting, however they still almost fit my pillow top mattress though not very well due to the shrinkage. They do not appear to be sateen as advertised, and the thread count is questionable - very grainy.

The fabric already has some pills, and the pillowcase is starting to come apart at the seams. http://www.sears.ca/product/malibu-300-thread-egyptian-cotton-sateen-sheet-set/696-000157701-MALIBU-4-T300

View more comments
Tags
  • seller feedback
  • Oops
  • there s a small issue with your re
  • Your review wasn t approved
I have had enough with Sears or Kmart and they have lost my business forever! I order a lot online and I have never had so much horrible experience with any other store! It looks like people who work there cannot read English to see what a customer ordered or just do...

Dear Hammond2013,

It truly concerns us when we hear things like this said about the products we sell, or the services we provide. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We apologize for the over disappointment surrounding your online purchase experience. There are many variables that determine how fast a refund is processed for a canceled order. Without knowing the specifics of your situation it is hard to say exactly what caused this delay. Nevertheless, we understand how discouraging this type of service is for you, and we’d like the chance to get some more feedback. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (hammond2013), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.

Product
Sears Credit Card

Sears review in Medfield, Massachusetts: We purchases a new snow blower about 2 yrs ago, never worked

i tried my new craftsman snow blower at the first snow fall.. worked for about 1 second then the snow jamed at the blades and shoot. I clared it and tried again, same results..jammed now i'm angry, I called and customer service replied , bring it back! I dont have a vehicale large enough, send technician out, replied we cant do that..now its 2 yrs, tried again innthe snow Same snow jam, Cleared and tried,..no good. now i found a person who fixes snow blowers,he said belt is no good and the mechansim where the blades are is loose and should be tight. His expertise indicated "faulty at the factory" So i paid him 141.00 to fix and now will work properly I have the paid bill and want compensation from Sears

Anonymous451412,

We appreciate your feedaback concerning the snow blower that you purchased from Sears two years ago. We apologize for the issues that you have experienced with the snow blower. My name is Jack with the Sears Social Media Support team. I understand that this situation can cause you a lot of frustration. You spent your money on a product that you expected to perform well and the snow blower has failed to meet your expectations. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you to get some more information about the snow blower and to determine the best course of action at this time. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Anonymous451412), and phone number used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

John N

You did not specify what kind of snow blower you bought, single-stage or two-stage, etc. On a small blower, single stage, the belt, if not tight enough, will cause the problem you experienced.

This happens especially if the snow is wet. Apparently the machine was not assembled properly, either at the Sears store or at the factory. In either case, I would recommend you find a spare belt to have on hand, as they tend to become loose and worn out if you are trying to blow wet snow---again, assuming you have a small machine. In any event, knowledgeable people nowadays do not buy appliances or machinery from Sears.

They are not the Sears, Roebuck & Co. we once knew.

Tags
  • sniw blower

Another Sears Complaint "Continued"

Sears Service Tech was out 10/5/14 to replace the washer "pump" I was told this should correct the problem. WRONG. The machine has not been repaired and is still not draining/spinning. The laundry was sopping wet. The same problem persists & I am still w/o wrkng washer. Was told by Sears CS that they can't get a tech uot until Sear' 10/22/13 (again, just to look at washer). If Sears cannot fix the machine - replace it or hire outside appliance repair to fix. I purchased there Service Maintenance Agreement. This is "bad faith" on the part of Sears (have been without a proper wrkng washer since August 2013.

Dear Anonymous451237,

We are sorry for the difficulties you have had concerning your washing machine, we can certainly see how this has been an inconvenient and frustrating experience. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Team. We saw your post today and thought we would reach out to you to offer our assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (anonymous415237), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Again, we apologize for the struggles you’ve had with your washer and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Service