Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

SEARS CHANGED THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AFTER ORDER SHIPPED!

SEARS CHANGED THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AFTER ORDER SHIPPED!

Update by user Mar 11, 2013

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WHEN CALLING SEARS 'CUSTOMER CARE' I ASKED A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION:

- WHERE IS THE "3 DAY" TERMS WRITTEN ON THE SEARS SITE PRIOR TO ORDERING..

.. NOBODY AT SEARS COULD ANSWER YET NONE OF THOSE 'SERVICE' PEOPLE WOULD TAKE ANY ACTION TO HELP!!!

Original review posted by user Mar 11, 2013

Ordered a $40 item off of Sears.com and had it shipped to my UPS Store mailbox. They immediately provided an estimated delivery time of March 4 - 6. I stopped by my mailbox on March 1st and found the package had already been delivered and signed for by UPS employees on 2/22. The date it was first signed for is the only date that appears when tracking and I had not actually received the package for a full week later since I had no reason to check my box that early due to the 3/4 - 3/6 est!! The order arrived with prior damage and looked like someone else had previously returned it. I did not immediately notice the note inside stating new terms and conditions for the sale: "Claims for products that are received damaged must be made within 3 days of receipt. Failure to do so within 3 days will result in our inability to help you." To further complicate matters, there is also another strict policy presented in writing: "No refunds or exchanges on items that packaging has been opened and cannot be resold as new" I drove 15 miles to my nearest Sears store to find that I could not return the item to any Sears location (LIE), instead I would have to mail it to a warehouse in New York and hope that they accept it! NOBODY at the Sears store would accept any compaints! I got on the phone and called Sears directly, who also said they would not help and to contact the New York company who does not have a toll-free number. Since it was "after hours" for that number until Monday I went back to the store with everything - receipts, packaging materials, shipping box, etc and was told there would be no way to return the order through their store (LIE - IT'S THE LAST SELECTABLE OPTION ON THEIR CASH REGISTERS but did not know it at the time) Went back home, sent emails to the product manufacturer and 3rd/4th party merchant, made more calls to Sears... Guess WHO was the first one to respond positively to the complaint?? THE ITEM MANUFACTURER!! Still trying to get this issue resolved I went back to the Sears store a third time to argue that they cannot dictate new terms after the sale completed and after a lengthy wait the store manager will be sending it back for a possible refund - POSSIBLE REFUND BUT NOT GUARANTEED. The store manager said he would proactively fight for a full refund but ultimately it was up to the "seller". As the Sears store manager started entering the receipt information, I NOTICED AN OPTION SPECIFICALLY FOR RETURNING AN ONLINE ITEM straight on the main menu of the register!!! THE TWO PREVIOUS SEARS CLERKS I SPOKE TO COMPLETELY LIED TO ME, THE FIRST STORE TRIP IS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED!!!!!! GAS COSTS $4 PER GALLON BUT THAT IS OF NO CONCERN TO SEARS! I SPECIFICALLY AVOIDED ordering this from places like eBay or Amazon who are well known for openly allowing dangerous counterfeits to flood their marketplaces, and only ordered online because the selection at my local Sears store was limited. This was also my first purchase ever from Sears.com A $40 TRANSACTION COMPLETE WITH ALL RECEIPTS AND PACKAGING SHOULD NOT TAKE 3 STORE VISITS AND 3 HOURS OF PHONE CALLS NOT TO MENTION THE TIME SPENT EMAILING! See the attached terms mailed to me after the sale!
Review
#391946 Review #391946 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tags
  • Retailing
  • Returning
With Official Company Response
We purchased a dishwasher from Sears. We used our Visa as a method of payment. The register said that the charge did not go through and the salesperson put it through again. On the way home, we could not use the card for gas. It should have had a least $1000 left...

Dear Becky1016,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I'm deeply saddened to hear that we have let you down with in reference to these charges, and for that we apologize. Given the opportunity, we would like to talk to you. Please send us an email containing your preferred contact information –contact #, screen name (Becky1016), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Sears Manager

Sears.com

Bought an idem at sears.com. I purchased a clock with a granny cam inside it for 100$. When it showed up I was shocked, what I got was a cheap made from China item not worth more than 20$. After trying to return it to store 2349, I received the worst customer service I have ever seen. Even though I bought this item at sears.com, I was told it wasn't their product and they make no $ on it so can't return it. How ridiculous. So then I called Corporate and put in a complaint there. After 2 weeks I received a phone call only to have a woman be rude and hurtful to me, offered me a return ticket with a restocking fee of 30$ and a 15$ return fee PLUS I had to pay for shipping both ways. WHAT THE HECK REALLY..LOST CUSTOMER>>>SEARS.COM is HORRIBLE!!

Dear jmastriana,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our sincerest apologies for level of customer service you have received from the store as well as over the phone in reference to your online order. We’d like to assist. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jmastriana), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

#620815

Sears sell part of the space on their website to 3rd party vendors called Marketplace. You bought a marketplace item. Which means store associates can't use their discounts on the items, store associates can't make commission off the item if they order it for you, and you can't return it to a sears store cause its not their merchandise and their in store computer system can't do anything about working with vendors

View more comments (1)
Sears Shipping Service

OBAMA NOW RUNS SEARS

LONG STORY SHORT...WASHER REPAIRED WAY TOO MANY TIMES, COUNTLESS WEEKS WITHOUT THE WASHER, ENDLESS DAYS MISSED FROM WORK, 6000.00 IN DAMAGE TO MY FLOOR NOW SEARS SAYS THEY WILL GIVE ME A CREDIT FOR A NEW WASHER.....BUT I HAVE TO GET THE SAME ONE I HAD....WHO THE *** ARE THEY TO TELL ME WHAT TO BUY WITH MY OWN MONEY....COMMON SENSE WOULD TELL YOU NOT TO BUY THE SAME PIECE OF JUNK YOU HAVE....ISIOTS I TELL YOU ....THIS COMPANY HAS GONE SO FAR DOWN IT WILL NEVER RISE AGAIN...I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND MY OWN MONEY HOW I CHOOSE AFTER ALL I EARNED IT NOT THE SEARS EMPLOYEES
DUTYKAY

WELL I DID GO TO SEARS TODAY THEY DID HONOR THEIR CREDIT YOU KNOW THE ONE I COULD USE FOR ONE APPLIANCE. WELL THE CREDIT WAS FOR 1444.00 I PICKED OUT THE MOST EXPENSIVE WASHER IN THE STORE THE NEW LG MEGA CAPACITY, FASTEST WASH TIME YADA YADA YADA AND THE TOTAL WAS 1434.98 THE WASHER AND DRYER I WANTED WAS 1600.00 FOR THE PAIR AND I WAS MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE BUT REMEMBER IT IS A ONE APPLIANCE CREDIT SO MY PLAN IS TO PUT THIS WASHER ON CRAIGS LIST FOR 1000.00 AND USE THE MONEY TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PURCHASE A WASHER AND DRYER.....FINGERS CROSSED

ShitOn

DUTYKAY - Do let us know if you get even the smallest help from Sears "customer service". I have been trying for months and have just got initial hollow promises and ABSOLUTELY NO FURTHER HELP.

If you want to be disheartened look at my PissedConsumer posts - I've emailed and written MANY times (including to "LIZ".

They are pathetic. I believe the "former Sears employee" summed up the company better than Liz will ever do.

DUTYKAY
@ShitOn

YOU ARE CORRECT WITH THAT, I AM SURE LIZ IS THE NAME THEY LEARNED IN ENGLISH CLASS FOR THE DAY AT THEIR OTHER COUNTRY OUTSOURCED CALL CENTER....NO THEY DID NOT HELP ME AND TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY TO USE MY CREDIT SO SCREW SEARS, SCREW SMADVISOR@SEARSHC.COM AND SCREW LIZ.....GOOD LUCK PEOPLE

#621950

Dutykay

I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance. We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with the repair of your washer.

My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Dutykay), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thanks, Liz Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

@Sears Response

Imagine to my surprise I have forwarded all information you have requested and even advised you that my credit date will expire and I have not heard from you on resolving this matter...I guess the only option I am left with is to pickup the *** washer dryer combo....leave it in the box, post it on Craigs List and go to Best Buy, Lowe's or Home Depot and spend my money there on a new washer/dryer....Good try Sears same service as usual make contact and DO NOTHING...just like when your service people call and make an appointment with you so you take the day off of work and they never call or show up....

#620239

You really need to get a grip. I smell exaggeration all over the place.

How big is your laundry room to do 6k in damage to the floor?!

LadyScot
#620221

Depends on the situation, but I am surprised Sears is doing anything for you since Sears only sells products, they do not make them. The manufacturer would be the one responsible.

#620246

Nope.

#620274

Oh yeah?

@higgins

Higgins, type in ladyscot in the search area and you will find that all she does is beat down others she has never even posted a consumer complaint. she does have crazed rant that isn't even worth the time to view it much less read it. she is a whack job.

#620435
@LadyScot

The tub of the washer had *** in it and the sears tech decided to fill it with super glue the glue did not hold the whole tub of water leaked into my bathroom floor so the floor, tile, drywall, moulding, wooden vanity etc we have been going back and forth for almost a year they did pay for half of the repairs to the bathroom but I am stuck with paying the rest. I have a stackable unit and they are offering a credit but I have to use it for another stackable unit and they only carry one brand and one model which is the same thing I have. I would like to get a washer and dryer that are not a 1 piece unit but they say NO that would be two appliances and the credit is for 1 appliance up to 1600......screwed again by sears

#621954
@Sears Response

Anonymous391252

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry to hear that we have let you down with the repair of your washer. I can certainly understand your frustrations that you are expressing with the situation you have encountered. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your recent experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous391252) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R

nikalseyn
#620102

Now you know why discerning consumers never buy at Sears. :p

View more comments (13)

Sears in Portland, Oregon - Ripped Off

I placed on order online for two vacuum cleaners with Sears.com and they turned my order over to Choice Avenue. Choice Avenue took my money and closed their online storefront without shipping the items. I keep getting the runaround trying to get a refund and had to close out my credit card to keep from being scammed again. I've been lied to repeatedly and Sears' customer service is a joke. When I call Customer Service, I get routed to India and their main job to to provide lip service. There are hundreds of complaints online by people having the same thing happen to them when they try to get a refund. I will never do business with Sears again!
borncynic

I placed an order on Sears.com that went through Choice Avenue as well. I placed and paid for it (via paypal) on 02/07/13. I sent at least 5 emails to Choice and about 5 zillion emails to Sears to no avail.

Among the emails from Sears was one that read just like John V's, in part:

... "Your Sears.com Marketplace order has been cancelled. Our recent reconciliation efforts have revealed that some items marked as shipped were actually not shipped by the Marketplace seller responsible for fulfillment. As such, we are taking corrective actions with this Marketplace seller and processing a refund to you for the original purchase amount."

All of their emails following that one read that they have made it convenient for me to get in contact directly with the merchant by going through my order history.

I would have an easier time getting in contact with the original 12 Apostles and then all the angels and saints.

You only have 45 days from the date of your order to be able to have Paypal do anything to help. I missed that window.

I am out $207.56. I have been a customer of Sears since before recorded time! I will never purchase another thing from Sears or Landsend.

@borncynic

Please don't let that thieving Choice Avenue get away with STEALING your money! They stole almost $300 from me.

You have other avenues if you miss PayPal's 45-day window. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or the Attorney General's Office. That's what I had to do to get my money back. When I threatened to file complaints, I got the same standard "We're looking into it" reply from their useless Customer Service.

After I filed the complaints, they refunded my money.

Okay, so after trying unsuccessfully to go through Sears customer service to get this resolved, I just called American Express and filed a dispute with them. They said that they would investigate on my behalf.

A few days later, I received an email regarding my return/refund and another email after that saying that I will be issued a refund. The email stated that "Your Sears.com Marketplace order has been cancelled. Our recent reconciliation efforts have revealed that some items marked as shipped were actually not shipped by the Marketplace seller responsible for fulfillment. As such, we are taking corrective actions with this Marketplace seller and processing a refund to you for the original purchase amount."

You think? This is exactly was I was trying to raise the alarm about when I called them. I guess Sears doesn't take customer concerns seriously and it takes someone from a major credit card company investigating the issue.

Why is it up to the customer to figure this out? Do your own due diligence, Sears. And to SearsCares, why isn't this information readily available to the customer? We have to go on messageboards and wait for you to find us and then send you our information? Instead of having a Social Media Escalations teams, perhaps they should just invest in some proper customer service so Sears' reputation doesn't get killed online in the first place.

I'd saying unless you're shopping in an actually Sears store, stay away from Sears.com unless you want the hassle of having to deal with unhelpful customer service and eventually having to file a grievance with your credit card company.

I too have placed an order at Sears.com and it went through choice avenue. My credit card was charged immediately but my order is still in "processing" two weeks later.

No one at sears customer service can tell me a valid way to contact the merchant nor can customer service apparently contact this merchant. How can they advertise a merchant on their website that is a fraud!? I expected much better of sears! I have repeatedly contacted customer service and they are unwilling to help me.

Apparently after reading the two other complaints on here they must know something is wrong with this merchant. My advice is do Not shop at sears!!

Dear Anonymous391220,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We apologize for the level of customer service rendered to you when you reached out to us for assistance in reference to your refund. We’d like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous391220), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Sears Social Media Support

Same thing just happened to me. Ordered 2 lamps on 3/4 from Choice Avenue via Sears Marketplace. On 3/8, I get an email that my items have shipped, but the tracking number is blank. The Storefront for Choice Avenue is down and that aren't responding to emails. I'm thinking that I should start the process of getting my money back. I paid with an Amex for this very reason, so hopefully, it won't be too difficult.

Although the shipping estimate says that my items will arrive by 3/25-3/27. Is it irresponsible of me to start filing complaints now? Am I jumping the gun? I want to make sure my case is solid and I've got a feeling Amex will just tell me to wait until said dates since they technically haven't broken the deal yet.

Did you get an email too that said your items shipped? It tells me that at the very least, they were in contact with Sears as of 3/8 so they haven't completely disappeared yet.

@John V

I never received an email that my items had been shipped. Before Choice Avenue closed their storefront, they assigned a bogus sales check number to my order to try and make it look like the order had been fulfilled.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division. I also filed a dispute with my credit card holder and had to cancel my credit card to keep from being ripped off again.

View more comments (6)
Sears Shipping Service
Tags
  • Economics
  • Closed

Thinking of buying a high end Whirpool product at Sears?

Thinking of buying a high end Whirpool product at Sears? Be careful ....... I will let you know how things go with my problem - Will be on Twitter and several other sites. I was on the phone yesterday with a supervisor from Sears, loosing a lot of my time and temper with this. Here is my story - Bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher - Made by Whirpool for Sears and it was sold to me as a high end product. Paid over 1000$ for 2 years usage and I just sent an E-mail to both companies. The electronics on my product never worked very well. They have already changed the board once now they are charging another 80$ just to see what needs to be done to get it working properly. Hope it's not another board because the cost will increase fast! ....... The product was garanteed for 2 years, how funny that only a few months later it breaks down again. The worst part is that the board was changed about a year ago and I have now started to have the same problems again - (first problems started 3 months after purchase and service call was made) now lets make something clear, this is normal residential use. My opinion, sears tells you they have good service, think again buy elswere.... Costco is a very good choice because they make sure you are fully satisfied. Will give Whirpool a chance to react and will let you all know how they manage this situation.

Sears - Ken more Elite dishwasher catastrophic pump failure

I bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher mod.#665.13963K015, the top of the line they had, and had a catastrophic pump failure within the first year. It sounds as if others on this board have experienced the same issue with this model....and for the same reason...a little plastic part breaking, causing the motor to fall. The repairman didn't have the proper part for replacement in his truck so he has to return in 8 days to fix it. He is nice and very knowledgable guy and he has no blame. The company on the other hand is selling a piece of *** to the public. You would think that the company would have replaced that part with metal by now! I fully expect the problem to recur.
Loss

Sears in Detroit, Michigan - Pathetic customer service and 3 months to get pictures!

I called to complain that it has been 3 months since we had our pictures taken and we still haven't received our wall art only to be met with "It's not our fault" at the studio and patronizingly insincere apologies after waiting 33 MINUTES on hold! When she checked my order, she commented that because I had used a coupon to get the wall art for free, there was no way she could help me, insinuatingly as if I had no right to complain about a "free" item. Well, the free item was part of a $190 package, that I couldn't have justified PURCHASING without the addition. The explanation for it being so late was "it was back ordered." So, it was late because it was late. Helpful. The entire experience was sub par, including the strange soft glow effect that gave my sons pink lip gloss, another concern that was dismissed, but I don't want to dilute the customer service aspect of my complaint with all the other ridiculousness. Needless to say, DO NOT GIVE SEARS PORTRAIT STUDIOS A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME OR A DIME OF YOUR MONEY!
Product
Sears Coupon

Sears Auto Center and Sears Online don't communicate

I purchased four tires on sears.com on Feb 26th. I also purchased a front end alignment and scheduled an appointment online at the same time. The tires were buy 1 get 1 free. When we arrived at sears for our appointment on march 3rd we were notified that they do not have appointments and we would have to was it until all of the walk-ins ahead of us were done. Why would you let us schedule an appointment if you do not honor them? Once we waited and the tires were on we were told that we still owed $150. I showed my receipt that we paid the bill in full online. The automotive employee stated that even though I had proof that I paid, when they received the order from sears online in their store it did not list anything about the free tire. I was told that if I did not want to pay the extra amount I would have to call sears online and get it straightened out myself. I asked for a phone number and was told I would have to look it up online myself. I spent an hour online trying to get it resolved. I was transferred to six different departments who each said they were sorry and understood my frustration but could not help me. I was finally told it was a computer glitch and it would be corrected. Then I was told that a sensor on my tire was broken (it was working fine when we got there). The automotive technician stated if they broke it he would replace it for free. He looked and stated he could not see any cracks so if we wanted it fixed we would have to pay. So it took four hours to get 4 tires put on and now I have to pay someone to fix a sensor that was working fine. I am very disappointed as we have always gone to sears for our auto needs. We now need tho come up with $100 to fix the sensor after I just spent $530.
With Official Company Response

Sears fails to repair brand new cooktop!

Update by user Mar 06, 2013

What I didn't mention in my iniital complaint is that I have already been connected to the Sears "Blue Ribbon customer service team and have a dedicated case manager as of three weeks ago. Things are VERY slow moving and I spend a great deal of time leaving messages with the case mangager.

Of 9 voice mail messages I have received 2 calls back and of 8 emails I have received 2 replies. I guess 25% is better than nothing but, cearly, this is way way below a standard that I expect.

If I could only go back to the moment that I decided to rely on Sears to replace my cooktop. Knowing what I know now, I would not (and will not in the future) do it again.

Original review posted by user Mar 05, 2013

I never thought I'd be writing to complain about service from Sears but they seem to have fallen a long way. We purchased a new induction cooktop in August 2012 and four months later it stopped working, completely. We had 3 service calls over the following month without any results. The service personnel were polite but completely unable to address the problem. We are now pursuing a refund ro replacement unit but can see now that it will not be easy and are getting more run around from Sears Executive Offices. I will not be purchasing any appliances from Sears in the future.
#620042

Good luck, if I relate to pass experience with them, you might have to wait for a very long time and maybe they will even have the nerve to ask you to pay !

Dear Gorbymd:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are sincerely sorry that you are having difficulties receiving credit for the induction cooktop you purchased in April 2012. I see that we reached out to you on February 21, 2013 but have not received your contact information in order to call you and help resolve this issue. We are more than happy to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager who can help resolve this situation. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Gorbymd), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Susan R.