Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Rochester, New York - Repair

My furnace was sending off fumes unbearable to be in house so no heat, Asked Sears what about my pipes will you fix if they freeze? Answer NO, it took a week for them to come and look at it, burner had to be replace, that took a week to get parts,after parts put in the furnace would not light blowing cold air have to reset breaker outside to get it to turn on-that took a week for them to come and look at it, another week to order parts and put them in. So week four it is still not working right. Still have to go outside and reset the breaker to get it to heat. I have to wait another week for someone to come again! Will Sears reimburse for heaters and propane purchased? NO Offered $100 gift card, like I want to shop at Sears right now! So another week of getting up every 2 hours to heat the house and having someone come in to check the heat so I can go to work! I will never buy another appliance from them much less a repair warranty!

Anonymous387553,

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm with the Sears Cares Team. I was able to locate your post regarding your recent experience with your furnace. I'm sorry that you've had to go so long without a fully functional one and I can understand why you would be upset. We'd like to offer our assistance in making sure this is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous387553), and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Brian H.

Sears in Coeur D Alene, Idaho - I'm pissed

I purchased a dishwasher from Sears on Presidents Day and it was installed three days later. Two days after installation, the bolts that secure the washer in place fell out, so that when you pull out the baskets, the entire dishwasher falls forward. I spent over 30 minutes on hold being tranferred from dept. to dept. trying to get help and file a complaint with the store. I am still sitting on hold and I am pissed. Sears has terrible customer service and I will think more than twice before ever using them again. It is Saturday night and I won't even get a repair guy out here until Monday at the soonest.

Anonymous1968

I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance. We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with the installation of your dishwasher. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous1968) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

With Official Company Response

Sears Master Protect Agreement - Never Buy It!!!

I am an EXTREMELY UNHAPPY customer living a HORRIBLE SERVICE SITUATION – that sadly continues on... Our problems began on 1/30/2013. I came downstairs that morning and our frig that we have had for only a few years had stopped working sometime in the night. All food was spoiled. My husband called the service number and we were given an appointment date on 2/6/2013 – A GUARANTEED ONE WEEK OF NO WORKING FRIG. The service technician arrived, made an assessment and then insisted on ordering the part as an emergency – which we appreciated. He was rescheduled to come back to our home on 2/13/2013 – ANOTHER WEEK OF NO WORKING FRIG. But, he also said that if the part arrived sooner than that, call in and he could come earlier. We did call in, and no, they were not able to have him come earlier – clearly there isn’t a policy for moving waiting customers forward in the ***. So, on 2/13/2013 – the second technician arrived. He installed the part, but then made the assessment that a second part was needed to fix the frig because it still didn’t work. He ordered that second part while still in our home. It also was ordered as an emergency, with our next service date scheduled for 2/18/2013. On 2/17/2013 – my husband received an automated call with a message to call Sears. Our service appointment had been cancelled because the part had not arrived. Our next service date was scheduled for 2/22/2013. – NOW WE ARE OVER 3 WEEKS WITHOUT A WORKING FRIG. And again, he received an automated call on 2/21/2013 that the part had still not arrived, so our service appointment was cancelled again. By this time, our family of 5 had had it. I took my three children out of town just so we could have a working frig. With all the service appointments scheduled, we expected to come home to a working frig. However, that was not to be. We have now been talking with the Sears Repair Active Solutions group. Unfortunately, their record keeping is not good. We have talked with Robert, Jeremy and Hortense – none of which knew our story or had the correct dates and actions in their records, so we have had to enlighten them each time. When I have asked to escalate the call, each one told us that they were the ones who make the decisions and wouldn’t transfer us to a higher decision making authority – stonewalling us each time. I believe their department is a black hole with no way of escalating. On 2/22/2013, that group suggested that we rent a refrigerator and that they will reimburse us for the cost while our refrigerator is not working. First of all, why didn’t they mention that a lot earlier. And second, our local rental companies only rent month to month. Since we are already approaching 4 weeks with this service issue, I am optimistic that this refrigerator situation will be resolved within the next month, so I’ll be stuck with part of the rental bill. And third, the rental company can’t deliver anything to us until the middle of next week, so what’s the point? We also have $250 food spoilage coverage. Great. However, we don’t receive that money until the frig is fixed. And what about the groceries that I cannot buy right now and the added expense of eating out or shopping daily since we can’t save anything? $250 doesn’t make a dent into our food elevated bill these last several weeks. And then there is the fact that we have been told by two of the service reps – Robert and Jeremy - that GE has reported that they don’t have the part needed and it is back ordered indefinitely. If that is true, why on earth is Sears forcing us to endure this pain? They could instead simply move ahead with the replacement frig and we done with us. I am a very patient person – I teach middle school - but I have reached my breaking point. I am done being patient. I am no longer giving Sears the benefit of the doubt. I have come to realize that sadly there is no one easily contactable who has any power to deal with our situation – which at this point is simply getting a replacement frig. So, while we continue to be stonewalled and will have to endure this process to get the replacement in the end, we have contacted our attorney. My husband is a social media expert at Microsoft and will be doing damage to Sears’ reputation. This is what this service process has reduced us to – which in the end is simply telling the truth about our bad experience. Sears has lost us as a future customer as well as the many, many others that my husband and I will reach. Sincerely, Stephanie Beares

A fascinating story, and I am looking forward to hearing more. I have had my own problems with Sears appliance and auto products in the past, but nothing as tough as this.

Your tale would be absolutely perfect except for the opening: "... I came downstairs that morning and our frig that we have had for only a few years had stopped working sometime in the night. All food was spoiled...".

The only way your food could spoil that quickly was if you left the fridge door open in maybe 90 degree weather. Not likely -- and food keeps much longer than a few hours in a closed fridge. But, no doubt the end result for you was total food spoilage.

Storm veterans would have gone to find ice asap and preserve the good stuff, that would be easy to do for a few days. But long term, your story is startling -- how could it take so long for you to get help from the seller?

I think that appliance failure on this scale calls for immediate personal action. As your story shows, we cannot depend upon the sellers of our appliances to act for us in the short term, regardless of their policies and guarantees.

Your action is much appreciated.

Stephanie Beares,

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm with the Sears Cares Team. I was able to locate your post regarding your recent experience with your refrigerator repair. I'm sorry that you've had to go so long without one and I can understand why you would be upset with us being that it's taken much longer than even we would expect to complete the repair. We'd like to offer our assistance in making sure this is resolved quickly and to your complete satisfaction. Our team represents our customer service at the executive level and I'm confident we can make things right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (stephkbb), and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Brian H.

stephkbb
@Sears Response

Thanks for your email – better late than never, I guess.

Well, Brian, to begin with my husband and I are feeling very battered and bruised by Sears at the moment, yet we keep coming back fighting for what is right. I have serious doubts about the sincerity of the name “Sears Cares Team” – it actually angers me every time I hear it. Long story short - we are now at 29 days without a refrigerator and haven’t seen one shred of proof that “Sears Cares” about their customers in any way. I also have serious doubts that I will ever hear back from you. Sears customer service appears to be a black hole. After countless frustrating phone calls to Sears about our refrigerator we actually have to rehash our story each time since it appears that there is no one record of our service order. It’s insane.

Regardless, as I mentioned we are now at day 29 of no refrigeration in our home. We called Sears on 1/30/2013 to report this problem. We have a Master Protection Agreement (again, ridiculous name for a worthless service) and there is real no end in sight to this problem. At this point my husband just got off the phone with Daniel, one of your teammates at “Sears Cares” who is supposed to be appealing our case to his manager to get us a replacement refrigerator. It should be an easy decision. At this point I am quite educated on your 21 days for parts/28 days for service order policy. Heck, I even have it in writing from one of the Sears Customer Service reps. We clearly qualify from several different angles, yet sadly we are both anticipating more pushback from your company.

Brian, if you can help us out by moving this along to replacement that would be wonderful. After 29 days, repair is not an option anymore. I’ve never met you, but sadly I already have very low expectations about any influence you may have on our situation. It is amazing how many Sears reps I have talked to that tell me that they have the authority to make the decision, yet in the next breath say that if they side with us, the decision for replacement will be rejected.

That’s it – I’m discouraged, angry and tired of all of this. If you have any magic that you can work – go for it, but I won’t be holding my breath.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Renting

SEARS GAGS COMPLAINTS

Update by user Apr 09, 2013

Some useful comments from "that sears guy" below...

I’m pretty naive but I wasted SO MANY HOURS writing emails to Sears in the hope that they would see sense.

I got my hopes up that the Blue Ribbon team might sort matters out but guess what? ... it was the same hollow empty promises of assistance with no attempt to provide an honest response or supportive assistance.

Thanks for speaking out about your former employer. I found them to be the WORST company I have had the misfortune to deal with. :(

Update by user Mar 31, 2013

Two weeks on and still no reply.

Maybe they've run out of headed paper for a reply?????

Update by user Mar 15, 2013

So Sears banned me when I had the audacity to complain after they advertised a product, took my order, secured my money ... then left me out of pocket, exposed by credit card to fraud and ignored my requests for justice.

They have been difficult to contact and decidedly unhelpful when I’ve made contact.

They promote their Blue Ribbon Service team which I have found to be worse than useless.

I wrote to their CEO and Chairman and am still waiting for a response A MONTH LATER.

SEARS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY THE WORST COMPANY I’VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO HAVE DEALINGS WITH.

I consider it scandalous ... possibly even criminal.

My advice is DON’T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY ON-LINE. IT’S JUST NOT WORTH IT.

Original review posted by user Feb 21, 2013

SEARS GAGS COMPLAINTS I have a legitimate complaint against Sears. It is well documented and has been brought to their attention (including their ‘elite’ Blue Ribbon customer service team) on a number of occasions. I even tried to get my problem sorted out on ‘MySearsCommunity’. So how did they help? They threatened me that ‘If I decide to make a big thing on the community pages, they will simply ban me from Sears’. You read correctly! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM WANT TO BAN ME BECAUSE I COMPLAIN!! ‘IF I DECIDE TO MAKE A BIG THING ON THE COMMUNITY PAGES THEY WILL SIMPLY BAN ME FROM SEARS’!!!! I detailed the company’s mistakes line by line. Sears repeatedly ignore the facts and quote blatant untruths. BAREFACED LIES! Sears have broken promises, exposed my credit card to fraud and cost me time and money in an effort to make them honour their hollow promises. The latest insult is this threat. They have now excluded me from ‘MySearsCommunity’ so that I can’t tell others but they can’t *** me from sites like this. What should I do now? I will continue to warn others NOT TO DEAL WITH SEARS. What else? – I'd welcome your suggestions. Thanks

Dear ShitOn, It sounds like you ordered something that had a pricing error so the order was cancelled. Did you get your money back?

If not, you should have filed a complaint with your credit card immediately.

The error will not be honored so you should just give it up.

Sears - you can look me up by order number 546376317 - I'm so upset at sears customer service. I ordered a split queen box spring after explaining how my old box spring didn't fit in my new place.

The online rep sold me what I thought was 2 split queens. After delayed deliveries, then the item not being in stock, and wrong delivery times, The delivery of one split queen box spring came. Not two, like I asked for and needed. I accepted the delivery anyways and figured I would call back and get it straightened out.

I originally was just charged for one... Ok people make mistakes. So I get to ordering the other part, and I get told the items price has been increased and there would be a second delivery charge. The rep agrees to knock all that off but says he has to charge me the full amount and then in 3-5 days it will be credited back.

I say that can't work because I can't cover that increase in price at this point in the month, nor should I be asked to because this was all due to poor customer service and then constant delivery delays. Also, the sale needs to go through ASAP so delivery can happen because I actually can be here next week for delivery opportunities due to Labor Day and Jewish holidays (I teach school). The rep said there was nothing he could do, no department that could help me, and no supervisor who could wave any of those charges. I feel undervalued and manipulated.

I told him that if this was the case, I'd follow through once my next paycheck comes since this is my cheapest option at this point, and that sears would lose my loyalty as a customer and I would refer my friends and colleagues away from them. I asked if there was anything he could do to make that not the case. He said no, there wasn't.

So now I'm sleeping on my mattress on the ground for the 16th night, with no end in sight to this issue. Does anybody at sears want to handle this issue the way it needs to be dealt with?

D'you know what?

Sears have taken me for a ride but I still more fortunate than the guys that have to work there and implement sales policies they believe to be wrong. I hope things work out for them.

It also may explain why Sears have failed to do the honest and decent thing in honouring my purchase, despite a great weight of supporting evidence of their persistent failures.

I guess some of their 'customer service' team haven't the balls to stand up for what's right.

Thanks for the support.

as in most corporate businesses the people that do the least work get paid the most and the employees that do the most get the least pay and more is expected from them.. it is a ***u..c..ke..d.. world we live in the richer get richer and the poor work harder.

ShitOn

Anyone with advice on a UK national taking a case against this US giant? I assume UK law prevails (such as Consumer Protection Act, etc)??

#619083

I've written to Sears Chairman Edward S. Lampert and Chief Executive Officer / President, Louis J.

D'Ambrosio to see if they endorse these 'bully boy' tactics.

... hoping they will see sense.

I've known for a long time that "My Sears Community" was nothing but a propaganda site, as I once posted a negative comment about one of their products on that site, ans they scubbed my comment soon afterwards.

You do know that Sears isn't the only game in town, don't you?

msdredd

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I got the BAN TRIFECTA!!

Banned on the Sears, Kmart and Kmart Cares facebook pages because I posted about them cancelling my order, but deciding to keep the money and never return it. Words cannot describe how much they suck!! We need to start a "WE GOT CYBER MUGGED BY SEARS & KMART" support group.

Meetings at my house!! Give us our money back *** :(

I have all Sears communications saved as emails including their THREAT that if I tell others about my complaint they will try to *** me.

Will that help if legal action was a possibility?

MORE DETAILS OF MY BULLYING VENDOR AVAILABLE MY CLICKING ON MY ACCOUNT NAME

View more comments (8)

Sears - Christine

On January 19, 2013 I ordered two Brantford Elephant Skin Microfiber / Leatherette Swivel Chair from Sears.com, whcih apparently is run by some third party company. On January 25, 2013 I received an email that the items had shipped. I was provided a tracking number and the contact information for the shipping company Demar Logistics. I sold my couches in anticipation of receiving the new chairs. When the items were never received I called the shipping company Demar Logistics and was advised they had never been told the items were ready for pick-up. I followed-up with "Sears" customer service via e-mail three times and each time was told to wait 7-10 business days for a response. During that time frame on 2/10/13 I received another email that my items had shipped and would be received 7-10 business days from 1/25/13. I started calling customer service daily and have been unable to get any answers as to where my chairs are and when they will be shipped. I called the customer service number 2/21/13 and was told the vendor is now the one responsible for not getting my items together to be picked up by the shipping company. The rep claims he will expedite my matter. He claims he left a message for the vendor - a Ward Trading Co. - and claims that he will have a case mamanger contact me "immediatley." I will not be holding my breath but I will continue to call them everyday until this resolved. I will be putting the charge in dispute and am looking into filing a small claims action.

Dear chme,

My name is Trent with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you have encountered with your online order. We would like the opportunity to assist you with resolving this quickly and to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (chme), and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Trent A.

chme
@Sears Response

I already contacted you guys over one week ago. I received a response stating that someone would look into my lost camera.

Funny since I ordered couches not a camera. You guys are clearly scam artists. All you do is promise that someone will get back to me and NO ONE ever does; mostly because you guys do not know what you are doing and then there is the fact that taking people's money without giving them the items they bought is the easier way to make money. I have contacted my credit card company and they will take it from here.

I will never buy another thing from Sears on-line or any other stores that contract with the company handling the on-line Sears sales. I will also make sure that this scam gets around by doing my part to post what happened to me everywhere possible and share my story with all who will listen.

But you can go ahead and wait for me to contact you - I will get back to you when someone atually contacts me so that would be never.

View more comments (1)
Sears Shipping Service

DO NOT SHOP AT SEARS.com

Ordered a $550 electric fireplace to give my mother for her birthday. Printed a photo of the item and Mom wanted it in white. Called the Customer Service number found on my gift receipt and the call went to the company who manufactures the fireplaces and sells through Sears, STACKS and STACKS. I cancelled the order with Stacks and Stacks, who put me on hold to speak with a Sears representative and confirm the money would be refunded so I can repurchase a similar item in white. I went forward and purchased a second item that night, knowing I'd receive the funds from my return in a few days. Woke up and had an email from Sears.com confirming my order has been shipped. Why? My order should have been canceled. I called Sears Customer Service and requested information about my order status. The Customer Service Representative seemed tired, uncaring, was cutting me off as I spoke and answering what she guessed I'd say, telling me my name was not on the order when in fact it was because she did not listen for the second half of my name. The conversation was already obnoxious, the results of the conversation, however, were far more irritating. The order had been shipped because they didn't "catch it in time." Why, then, was I told that the order had been stopped and caught the night before? When I asked this, the customer service representative responded lazily that it "just wasn't caught in time", barely exposing any information. When I pushed about what we can do to move forward and remedy the problem she said that I had to take care of it now because Sears won't handle the cancelation of an item that is through one of their separate vendors and there was nothing else she could do. Because of this inconvenience I am out $1,000 and wondering how long it will take to receive the half that should be returned. I am waiting on an electric fireplace to be delivered so that I can return it ---pay the money in shipping and what else. I am a 25 year old student, I don't have the kind of money to deal with such an unprofessional company. I will never again shop at Sears. The poor and LAZY attitude of their customer service, outdated seeming website and inconvenient policies I received this week have forever changed my view of that company. YUCK! For anyone who is looking for an electric fireplace, HOME DEPOT was convenient, had a fantastic selection and much quicker FREE delivery.

Dear Bithor85,

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase for your mom’s birthday. We can certainly understand your frustration especially thinking the order was cancelled and there’s no problem getting the refund as promised. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our customers, and we are sorry to see that we have fallen short of that mark in this instance. My name is Delfa B. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team, and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Bithor85) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we hope to speak with you soon.

Delfa B.

With Official Company Response
We took delivery of a Queen bed #08263787000 , box spring #08263723000 and metal frame #08216912000 from Sears delivery. The box spring would not fit past the entry way/up the stairs. The delivery personnel called Sears and spoke on the phone with an operator to get...

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, and frustration you’ve encountered with your mattress delivery. We are so sorry that you had to go through this terrible experience with your new purchase. We know that you spent a lot of money, and were expecting the delivery to go well. We value you as a Sears customer and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about this further. My name is Delfa B. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team, and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous386119) for reference to your post and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we hope to speak with you soon.

Delfa B.

Sears Sales Representative
With Official Company Response
I placed an order with Sears (I assume, maybe a 3rd party vendor) on Monday morning 2/11. A small 4.4 cu ft refrigerator. I got an order confirmation that day and on Wednesday 2/13, I got a notification that the order had shipped. So that wasn’t so bad. A big company...
#1190635

Looks like this type of behavior from Sears is common. I ordered a gokart for my son's birthday on 7/11/16 ...

got an email from Sears the next day saying it shipped and would be delivered to me on 7/21. The email included a UPS tracking number which I used on the UPS website and was told by UPS that they had received the shipping sticker. The UPS website did not show any movement/progress of my package over the course of the next week. On 7/18 I talked to Sears and was told the next day that the package was being shipped by Demar.

I got through to Demar the next day and they tell me the package would be delivered to me on 8/1 or 8/2. My son's birthday came and went now without his big present thanks to Sears and their empty promise of a delivery on 7/21.

View more comments

Sears sold us a Lemmon

Had trouble with this unit 6 out of seven years . Told we would save money that was a joke still having trouble with it. Power bills running 500.00 a month and having to run a electric heating to stay warm. They do not stand behind their units .So please do not buy a ken more from sears we still have 3 more years of warranty. Then we will buy from someone else, someone that stands behind their products. I know one year they were out here 6 or 7 times My mother was sick for 2 years and did not have a lot of heat but they did not care she is 80 years old and not in the greatest health but, they say they are doing all they can but cannot replace a Lemmon at no cost.

look its not sears its the people who made the product you should be mad at..did you buy the extended warranty?? was this a base model or elite series?? if you were not tooo *** cheap to buy their pa you wouldnt be in this situation

first off, you were giving the oppurtunity to purchase a extended warentee from sears, you decided not to do so, so there fore sears does stand by our product.

@Sears

not true sears my sis kim spent 16 grand on a system and bought protection,and she is disabled in the cold foe dead of winter because sears DID NOT AND HAS YET HONORED THEIR WARRANTY!

View more comments (2)

Sears in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - NIGHTMARE

I have cabinets being put in, I was led to believe it was going to be group of people placing my cabinets. It was only one person, he was unable to carry some of the cabinets, so my son had to help him. I had many scratches and dents on the items, for this price I guess I purchased scratch and dent items.Then, the guy would leave for several hours and come back. He would never complete the job, it was always something he had to come back for. This was suppose to be a 2 day project, but so far its been about 4 days. Not to mention, one of the cabinets is all of a sudden, not available at this time. Although the sales person and project manager are working with us, I feel that they are not doing their best to make the customer happy.This is such a nightmare.
Tags