Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Update by user Mar 18, 2013

Sears banned me from their community pages as I complained about their misleading advertising. I was suckered into buying a phone; that was the start of months of wasted effort.

Writing to the CEO / Chairman brought the Blue Ribbion Service to the case; What a waste...

If you have a complaint for sears, using searsfeedback.com is a great way to communicate directly to the store that you had the issue with. The results from this survey are updated and sent to the specific store within twenty-four hours, and trust me, changes are made.

Sears - Trained Customer Service Representatives to frustate customers

I have ordered some home furniture from sears.com on 1/26/13. Shipping charges were whopping $220. My looking the shipping charges, I thought they were going deliver next day? But no luck, order email says it will take 2 weeks (2/9/13). My card was charged same day (1/26). In general merchants charge once the order is shipped. Hmm, Is it shipped? NO.When I checked the status at sears.com it shows processing. So, I called SEARS, she was nice and told me order will be shipped on 1/30. Reasonable. Now the drama begins.1/30, checked the status, still processing. Contacted SEARS via Chat, was told, "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email".1/31, same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13."2/2, Same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13."2/4, Same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13."2/5, Same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13."2/7, Same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13."2/9, Same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13."2/10, Same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email. But you will receive it by 2/9/13." In between, my order was sent to research department, but they came back with same story. "Once the order is shipped, you will be notified via email". Now it is 2/11, no idea where my order is, my card was charged 15 days ago and no one has any clue. Dealing with Sears customer service representatives is really frustrating to such a point you never ever want to deal with them again. I feel like they were specially trained to p**s customers so that SEARs will go bankrupt as soon as possible.

Anonymous1961

My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I want to apologize for all the difficulty you’ve had with your online order. From your post I can see that there were problems from the very beginning and I can certainly understand your frustration at our lack of customer service. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have failed met that goal on several levels with this incident. We would very much like to speak with you regarding your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous1961) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Service
Sears Shipping Service
  • Electric charge

Sears in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - DOWN SPOUT NIGHTMARE

on my birthday January 10,2013 sears sent a contractor to my home suppose to be there by 10:15 got there at 4:00pm looking like he had just finish doing drugs his moth look like he had been eatting flour.I called and complained and a new contractor was sent to me that Saturday January 12,2013 sears was to start their project siding a a new down spout. well the siding I loved till I look out the window and saw that the contractor that did the siding had nail stuck in the trim of the siding at the top of the roof the nail were exposed and it looked a mess also my roof had a silver coating on it with and by the time they finish doing what they had to do to correct the job the roof was cracked up very bad also, the new down spout had water pouring down that side of the wall like a water fall. When I called the project managerDG and explained to him what was going on he called the contrator back and the removed the nail but never sealed the side down with anything they just left it exposed to the rain or what ever.I than called project manager back and explained to him that something needed to be done about my roof and the down spot because it still was not fixed right. he sent one of his so called inspectors to check out my complaint and the person antiono or what ever his name was told me that they were suppose to put roofing glue along the edges out the roof to seal the siding because he to could see that water could get up under there and cause a problem then he said far as the down spout it had *** in it that needed to be sealed thats why the water was coming down the wall like that so,he socalled repaired the problems by putting a lawyer of the silver coating on my roof which is cracked back again and I still have the water running down my wall we the gutter and water dripping from the down spout don't get me wrong I like the way the sidding looks just was not very proffessional I give it a 8. far as my down spout rating 0 till this day Febuary 11, 2012 I still have water pouring down my wall call and left a message on the project manager phone at 8 am this morning Mannie Gonzales he has yet to call me and its 1:24 Ireally did'nt expect to here from him he appears to be oozing with being full of dog do you know what I mean he should"nt have a *** job because he does not follow through I need and want the problem fix. oh and heres the other thing when the job was done the were to contact license and inspection well the did'nt but I did and hopefelly they can make them come out and correct the mess. not pleased 100%. Anita jones 215 7607447

brazil1923

I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance. We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with our home improvement service.

My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right.

. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (brazil1923), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Liz Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

Service
Sears Manager
  • Pleading

Sears.Com & Partner companies rip you off

Update by user Feb 13, 2013

And the saga continues. I have now emailed Low Price Traders 3 times regarding the returned tablet and have advised them I will be in contact with an attorney.

No response of course. At this point they have had my money and the tablet.. I think this might constitute a felony. Sears in the meanwhile has sent me a return postage sticker from Low Price Traders.

Seems they don't communicate. I finally got a one line response from Low Price Traders "we refunded your money" It is still not in my account. A notice from Pay Pal advised me they did not issue me a refund for the total amount including the shipping costs as they agreed to in their email to me. Why am I not surprised.

2 more emails sent one to Low Price Traders and one to Sears .. how hard is it to do the right thing and fully refund what you said you would. More than likely I will have to let this one go and learn a lesson.... Never NEVER shop with Sears again!!!!!

I am making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and to the Attorney Generals Office on both businesses. I see Sears social media has contacted me.

I will see if Edwin can get the rest of my refund... fat chance.

Update by user Feb 10, 2013

Well leave it up to Sears to slide in after the fact.

I got an email on the 9th from them providing me with a return receipt for the tablet. I of course got tired of the run around from them and sent the tablet back to Low Price Traders on 2/6/12. So I emailed them this info. Today I got another canned response....

(((Thank you for contacting sears.com regarding your order, I am sorry to hear that you have not received any information about the item that you have returned.

Since you have not received a satisfactory response to your concern, I'd be happy to initiate a discussion via email with this merchant on your behalf please allow 5 business days for us to provide you with a resolution))) Holy *** Amazing.

I have also contacted Low Price Traders. They recieved the defective tablet on 2/7/13 and have yet to refund my purchase price plus shipping & handling. even after providing them with the shipping number..... Word to the wise stay away from both companies.

Original review posted by user Feb 09, 2013

I ordered a tablet from Sears.com on 1/23/13 through a partner on their website Low Price Traders. The tablet arrived on 1/26/13 and was defective. It would not turn on. I attempted to contacted Low Price Traders via phone only to find out no one answers the phone and the mail box was full. I emailed them; they offered a solution that did not work. I emailed back requesting a return ship label and a full refund. I received no answer. I next contacted Sears.com via email. I was sent an email back on 1/27/13 providing me with a link to Low Price Traders and an apology (big whoop). I contacted Sears.com via email again on 1/27/13 for assistance, I wanted them to get involved and assist me in getting my money back in full. Customer Service Rep Douglas (kmedhe) said he would initiate contact with Low Price Traders and have some type of resolution in 5 days. Needless to say 5 days came and went and nothing happened. I tried to contact Low Price Traders again and they wanted me to send the table to them at my cost(mind you I already paid shipping to get the defective thing to me plus the cost of the tablet and now more money???) they stated they would check it out and see if it was defective. No mention of retuning my money or when they would get around to looking at the tablet! On 2/1/13 I emailed again demanding some kind of response to my dilemma from Sears.com. Customer Service Rep Jenna N (Jjairo) replied and said she would initiate contact with Low Price Traders and have some type of resolution in days. Same canned response as before. Unreal! What poor customer service. A day later I received a response from Customer Service Rep Anderson asking if my dilemma had been resolved and if it hadn’t to call 800-283-6940. I email back that I HAD NOT had my issues resolved and I needed to get my money back from what I considered scam artists. No reply. I called the 800 number and had to tell my story to 3 people only to hear..LET US HAVE 5 BUSINSEE DAYS TO RESOLVE THIS! I have filled out every survey the company has sent me! All negative…. I contacted Low Price Traders and have returned the tablet on 2/5/13; I have still not had the money credited to my bank account. And Sears.com has still not initiated contact to see if my issue has been resolved. As far as I am concerned Sears.com is the poorest excuse for online shopping I have ever dealt with. They are inept, unorganized and worthless customer service agents. I tried to email the CEO of the company, and my email came back undeliverable.... Of Course!!!.... I just now got an email from Sears saying sorry we can't help you.. here is a copy of Low Price Traders return policy!!!! Unreal!!! I will never shop there again. I am posting this on My Facebook Page .. I Urge everyone else to do the same and lets get the word out through the biggest social media out there.

You bought a marketplace item. Sears.com has many other websites selling items on the sears page.

Sears can't accept returns from another vendor.

It's like you want to return something from Walgreens to CVS or something from Home Depot to Sears. If you want to buy something from sears directly when you go online it gives you the option for sears only, otherwise you'll be taking risks with other companies.

Dear ljwhitney,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We apologize for the inconveniences encountered with your online order and how it’s been handled. We’d like to assist. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ljwhitney), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

Sears Social Media Support

One of the reasons that Sears will be out of business and bankrupt before the end of the year. Sears today is not like Sears used to be. The only thing I buy from Sears is their Craftsman tools and only at a Sears Hardware Store, never online.

View more comments (2)
  • ARIA Charts

Sears in Danbury, Connecticut - Deceptive service plan, Poor customer service, Washing their hands of problem.

I purchased a NordicTrack elliptical mid November 2012. About a month later I called because of a banging and scraping sound. I purchased a 3 year service contract, so follow up for the problem would be covered. It took a month (maybe more?) from start to finish, from the time I made the complaint, to the time the repair part was installed. Within 10 minutes of using my elliptical after the repair was made, the banging and scraping continues in exactly the same way. I felt the technician who helped me was competent and not part of the problem. I believe it is a design flaw with the machine. I call customer service (which would be another whole separate complaint with regard the treatment I received) and in the end, I am told, I am now beyond the 60 window to return this machine. I am also told, that Sears does not service NordicTrack, and it's NordicTrack who is at fault that it took a month for the repair. Even tho I paid SEARS for the service contract, they claim they are no longer involved. They are washing their hands of me. My husband and I have a very long history with Sears and have purchased numerous and varied products. This will be the very last dollar that will be paid to Sears. What they have done is unethical. I plan to visit every single outlet on the World Wide Web and let everyone know the shifty service contract they sold to me as well as the way in which they stand behind their products.

Sears in Evansville, Indiana - Invalid Tracking number and no item

Update by user Feb 22, 2013

Well Sears came through for me. The sofa finally arrived two weeks later.

But they did refund part of the shipping charges. All in All I am a happy camper.

Original review posted by user Feb 07, 2013

On 01/23/13 we ordered a sofa from sears. We rec'd a confirmation and tracking #. The tracking # was invalide. On the 29th I called to get a valid tracking # and was told they couldn't give me on but the item will be here on the 31st. We stayed home to receive the item and it never arrived. On the 1st I called to say it never arrived. I was told to wait 5 - 7 days (from the 29th) while they research the problem. I called on the 7th and was told to wait another 5 - 7 days. The money was taken from my account when I ordered to sofa. If the sofa is no longer available then just refund MY money.
ljwhitney

How in the He** do you lose a sofa... only sears

Dear stressedoutmom:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means we will handle your situation from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in receiving your sofa. We understand your frustration with being given a delivery date and no one showing up. This would certainly frustrate and aggravate me so I'm sure that you feel the same way. We would like you to know that we value your business very much and would like to speak with you concerning this experience and go over the options we have to turn this into a positive experience. If you will allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a personal case manager who can assist you with this issue and any other issue you may have with Sears.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the sofa was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (stressedoutmom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

With Official Company Response

Sears in Dundee, Oregon - Kenmore Elite is "***"

My wife and I built our house about 5 years ago. We wanted to have good appliances and went to our local sears store. We bought a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, range hood and a microwave all under the Kenmore Elite name. We have had problems with all but the range hood. The fridge was so bad I had to get it replaced. I called the customer service and was passed around for more than 1 1/2 hours the first time and at least 1 hour the second time. I have was told that I would have a response to my complaint within 24 hours and that was 4 days ago. I then called the executive offices and was told again that I would have a response within 24 hours and guess what no response. I am ready to put these appliances alongside the road I live on with a BIG sign stating you are crazy if you buy from sears and I call me and I would be happy to tell you my story. I love the sears tools but the appliances are *** and the customer service is worse than ***. I would love to give these appliances back to SEARS and get something that will last longer than the warranty.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We’re sorry to hear about the type of customer service rendered and the expectations given to you in reference to being contacted. We’d like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous382313), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

With Official Company Response

Sears.Com and Sears Customer Service Worst Ever!!

I placed an order on 1/19/13 for a mattress. I changed my mind and cancelled order on 1/20/13. After numerous emails and phone calls and being told the order was cancelled it still appeared on my MasterCard statement. On 1/31/13 I phoned the executive offices and was assured that it would be cancelled and credited. Well today I looked and it showed it was delivered on 1/30/13 so back to calling the executive offices. I was told yes it was cancelled but there was never a credit issued and he assured me it would be done. Really?? Probably Not! I have since contacted my bank and disputed the charge and my next step is to file a complaint with the BBB! Sears certainly has gone to the dogs. I have been a customer since I was 20 years old, which is for 32 years! But you can bet your butt I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. I am sure eventually there will be no more Sears because they REALLY SUCK and cannot stay in business much longer with this POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

debeym

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance.

We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your mattress. . I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue.

If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (debeym), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Liz Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

• Legal terms

Sears – Now known as Company S (as they have lost their ears)

Company S (S-ears) have lost their ears!I have now sent dozens and dozens and dozens of emails to the company – They have been largely ignored on the basis of ‘see no evil’I have written to the company and posted this to the senior management - once again, Company S are blind to my concerns.I have phoned the company – as before Sears have lost their ears and have ignored me as they therefore hear no evil.Sears Cares often responds to complaints raised on www.pissedconsumer.com. They did the same with me BUT WHENEVER I RESENT THE INFORMATION THEY REQUESTED – GUESS WHAT?? NO EARS IN COMPANY S AND NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.This is not a complaint about a fridge, TV, phone or anything else; the product itself is immaterial. This a complaint because Sears abuse their customers and completly mishandle complaints.DO NOT BUY FROM THEM FOR IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT THEY S-EARS HAVE NO EARS
ShitOn

I wrote to the most senior executives; weeks later, without receiving a response I consider them to be ****** that don't give a **** for their disgruntled customers.

I would not recommend that anyone goes through the Sears "customer service" experience I have endured.

debeym

If you havent gotten through to the right person yet phone Sears Executive Offices at 800-995-2139.

Review
#382098 Review #382098 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears - I have been ‘Seared’!

Update by user Feb 06, 2013

debeym,

I really value your comment, but here's my dilemma; I’m an international customer so when I call SEARS I pay international rates. I’ve provided them with my number but they do not call. When I have phoned, they have kept me on the line for up to 35 minutes (putting me on “hold”).

Given that Sears have been *** at dealing with my complaint so far, what are the chances that this call will help? If it is anything like SEARS CARES they ask for more information then never get back in touch. And they never give direct email addresses, only a generic address that doesn’t answer.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

All I can do is warm others about this shoddy service from a disreputable company.

Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2013

I have been ‘Seared’! Sears:- verb (used with object) meaning; to burn or scorch injuriously or painfully: or to make callous or unfeeling. I have been Seared. I have been burnt by Sears and it has been a painful process with a scar from their callous and unfeeling customer response, their hollow and broken promises and the financial damage and loss that came from revealing my credit card details to them. I tried to buy a mobile phone they advertised. They accepted the order, subsequently cancelling and blaming their supplier for cancelling. They offered me a refund which they then retracted. And they have offered to resolve the matter on a number of occasions, but when I reply I hear absolutely nothing from them!! I have raised this with many in Sears, and have been ignored – Do NOT be fooled by the Sears Cares representatives that offer help; when I respond they don’t even return my email. Think very carefully before dealing with Sears and if you do decide to buy from them then THINK AGAIN. They are the worst and most arrogant company I have had the misfortune to deal with.
ShitOn

I wrote to the most senior executives and summarised their misadvertising and maltreatment. I highlighted their threats (subsequently carried out) that, if I made complaints about their service, I would be banned).

No reply weeks later leads me to the conclusion that the executive management fully supports these bully-boy tactics

debeym

Call the executive offices! They have to listen and open a case.

I fooled with Customer Care (not) Dept for 2-1/2 weeks before finally calling higher up. Their number is 800-995-2139.

Review
#382097 Review #382097 is a subjective opinion of poster.