Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Sears.Com & Partner companies rip you off

Update by user Feb 13, 2013

And the saga continues. I have now emailed Low Price Traders 3 times regarding the returned tablet and have advised them I will be in contact with an attorney.

No response of course. At this point they have had my money and the tablet.. I think this might constitute a felony. Sears in the meanwhile has sent me a return postage sticker from Low Price Traders.

Seems they don't communicate. I finally got a one line response from Low Price Traders "we refunded your money" It is still not in my account. A notice from Pay Pal advised me they did not issue me a refund for the total amount including the shipping costs as they agreed to in their email to me. Why am I not surprised.

2 more emails sent one to Low Price Traders and one to Sears .. how hard is it to do the right thing and fully refund what you said you would. More than likely I will have to let this one go and learn a lesson.... Never NEVER shop with Sears again!!!!!

I am making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and to the Attorney Generals Office on both businesses. I see Sears social media has contacted me.

I will see if Edwin can get the rest of my refund... fat chance.

Update by user Feb 10, 2013

Well leave it up to Sears to slide in after the fact.

I got an email on the 9th from them providing me with a return receipt for the tablet. I of course got tired of the run around from them and sent the tablet back to Low Price Traders on 2/6/12. So I emailed them this info. Today I got another canned response....

(((Thank you for contacting sears.com regarding your order, I am sorry to hear that you have not received any information about the item that you have returned.

Since you have not received a satisfactory response to your concern, I'd be happy to initiate a discussion via email with this merchant on your behalf please allow 5 business days for us to provide you with a resolution))) Holy *** Amazing.

I have also contacted Low Price Traders. They recieved the defective tablet on 2/7/13 and have yet to refund my purchase price plus shipping & handling. even after providing them with the shipping number..... Word to the wise stay away from both companies.

Original review posted by user Feb 09, 2013

I ordered a tablet from Sears.com on 1/23/13 through a partner on their website Low Price Traders. The tablet arrived on 1/26/13 and was defective. It would not turn on. I attempted to contacted Low Price Traders via phone only to find out no one answers the phone and the mail box was full. I emailed them; they offered a solution that did not work. I emailed back requesting a return ship label and a full refund. I received no answer. I next contacted Sears.com via email. I was sent an email back on 1/27/13 providing me with a link to Low Price Traders and an apology (big whoop). I contacted Sears.com via email again on 1/27/13 for assistance, I wanted them to get involved and assist me in getting my money back in full. Customer Service Rep Douglas (kmedhe) said he would initiate contact with Low Price Traders and have some type of resolution in 5 days. Needless to say 5 days came and went and nothing happened. I tried to contact Low Price Traders again and they wanted me to send the table to them at my cost(mind you I already paid shipping to get the defective thing to me plus the cost of the tablet and now more money???) they stated they would check it out and see if it was defective. No mention of retuning my money or when they would get around to looking at the tablet! On 2/1/13 I emailed again demanding some kind of response to my dilemma from Sears.com. Customer Service Rep Jenna N (Jjairo) replied and said she would initiate contact with Low Price Traders and have some type of resolution in days. Same canned response as before. Unreal! What poor customer service. A day later I received a response from Customer Service Rep Anderson asking if my dilemma had been resolved and if it hadn’t to call 800-283-6940. I email back that I HAD NOT had my issues resolved and I needed to get my money back from what I considered scam artists. No reply. I called the 800 number and had to tell my story to 3 people only to hear..LET US HAVE 5 BUSINSEE DAYS TO RESOLVE THIS! I have filled out every survey the company has sent me! All negative…. I contacted Low Price Traders and have returned the tablet on 2/5/13; I have still not had the money credited to my bank account. And Sears.com has still not initiated contact to see if my issue has been resolved. As far as I am concerned Sears.com is the poorest excuse for online shopping I have ever dealt with. They are inept, unorganized and worthless customer service agents. I tried to email the CEO of the company, and my email came back undeliverable.... Of Course!!!.... I just now got an email from Sears saying sorry we can't help you.. here is a copy of Low Price Traders return policy!!!! Unreal!!! I will never shop there again. I am posting this on My Facebook Page .. I Urge everyone else to do the same and lets get the word out through the biggest social media out there.

You bought a marketplace item. Sears.com has many other websites selling items on the sears page.

Sears can't accept returns from another vendor.

It's like you want to return something from Walgreens to CVS or something from Home Depot to Sears. If you want to buy something from sears directly when you go online it gives you the option for sears only, otherwise you'll be taking risks with other companies.

Dear ljwhitney,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We apologize for the inconveniences encountered with your online order and how it’s been handled. We’d like to assist. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ljwhitney), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

Sears Social Media Support

One of the reasons that Sears will be out of business and bankrupt before the end of the year. Sears today is not like Sears used to be. The only thing I buy from Sears is their Craftsman tools and only at a Sears Hardware Store, never online.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • ARIA Charts

Sears in Danbury, Connecticut - Deceptive service plan, Poor customer service, Washing their hands of problem.

I purchased a NordicTrack elliptical mid November 2012. About a month later I called because of a banging and scraping sound. I purchased a 3 year service contract, so follow up for the problem would be covered. It took a month (maybe more?) from start to finish, from the time I made the complaint, to the time the repair part was installed. Within 10 minutes of using my elliptical after the repair was made, the banging and scraping continues in exactly the same way. I felt the technician who helped me was competent and not part of the problem. I believe it is a design flaw with the machine. I call customer service (which would be another whole separate complaint with regard the treatment I received) and in the end, I am told, I am now beyond the 60 window to return this machine. I am also told, that Sears does not service NordicTrack, and it's NordicTrack who is at fault that it took a month for the repair. Even tho I paid SEARS for the service contract, they claim they are no longer involved. They are washing their hands of me. My husband and I have a very long history with Sears and have purchased numerous and varied products. This will be the very last dollar that will be paid to Sears. What they have done is unethical. I plan to visit every single outlet on the World Wide Web and let everyone know the shifty service contract they sold to me as well as the way in which they stand behind their products.

Sears in Evansville, Indiana - Invalid Tracking number and no item

Update by user Feb 22, 2013

Well Sears came through for me. The sofa finally arrived two weeks later.

But they did refund part of the shipping charges. All in All I am a happy camper.

Original review posted by user Feb 07, 2013

On 01/23/13 we ordered a sofa from sears. We rec'd a confirmation and tracking #. The tracking # was invalide. On the 29th I called to get a valid tracking # and was told they couldn't give me on but the item will be here on the 31st. We stayed home to receive the item and it never arrived. On the 1st I called to say it never arrived. I was told to wait 5 - 7 days (from the 29th) while they research the problem. I called on the 7th and was told to wait another 5 - 7 days. The money was taken from my account when I ordered to sofa. If the sofa is no longer available then just refund MY money.
ljwhitney

How in the He** do you lose a sofa... only sears

Dear stressedoutmom:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means we will handle your situation from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in receiving your sofa. We understand your frustration with being given a delivery date and no one showing up. This would certainly frustrate and aggravate me so I'm sure that you feel the same way. We would like you to know that we value your business very much and would like to speak with you concerning this experience and go over the options we have to turn this into a positive experience. If you will allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a personal case manager who can assist you with this issue and any other issue you may have with Sears.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the sofa was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (stressedoutmom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

With Official Company Response

Sears in Dundee, Oregon - Kenmore Elite is "***"

My wife and I built our house about 5 years ago. We wanted to have good appliances and went to our local sears store. We bought a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, range hood and a microwave all under the Kenmore Elite name. We have had problems with all but the range hood. The fridge was so bad I had to get it replaced. I called the customer service and was passed around for more than 1 1/2 hours the first time and at least 1 hour the second time. I have was told that I would have a response to my complaint within 24 hours and that was 4 days ago. I then called the executive offices and was told again that I would have a response within 24 hours and guess what no response. I am ready to put these appliances alongside the road I live on with a BIG sign stating you are crazy if you buy from sears and I call me and I would be happy to tell you my story. I love the sears tools but the appliances are *** and the customer service is worse than ***. I would love to give these appliances back to SEARS and get something that will last longer than the warranty.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We’re sorry to hear about the type of customer service rendered and the expectations given to you in reference to being contacted. We’d like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous382313), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

With Official Company Response

Sears.Com and Sears Customer Service Worst Ever!!

I placed an order on 1/19/13 for a mattress. I changed my mind and cancelled order on 1/20/13. After numerous emails and phone calls and being told the order was cancelled it still appeared on my MasterCard statement. On 1/31/13 I phoned the executive offices and was assured that it would be cancelled and credited. Well today I looked and it showed it was delivered on 1/30/13 so back to calling the executive offices. I was told yes it was cancelled but there was never a credit issued and he assured me it would be done. Really?? Probably Not! I have since contacted my bank and disputed the charge and my next step is to file a complaint with the BBB! Sears certainly has gone to the dogs. I have been a customer since I was 20 years old, which is for 32 years! But you can bet your butt I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. I am sure eventually there will be no more Sears because they REALLY SUCK and cannot stay in business much longer with this POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

debeym

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance.

We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your mattress. . I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue.

If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (debeym), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Liz Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

Tags
  • Legal terms

Sears – Now known as Company S (as they have lost their ears)

Company S (S-ears) have lost their ears!I have now sent dozens and dozens and dozens of emails to the company – They have been largely ignored on the basis of ‘see no evil’I have written to the company and posted this to the senior management - once again, Company S are blind to my concerns.I have phoned the company – as before Sears have lost their ears and have ignored me as they therefore hear no evil.Sears Cares often responds to complaints raised on www.pissedconsumer.com. They did the same with me BUT WHENEVER I RESENT THE INFORMATION THEY REQUESTED – GUESS WHAT?? NO EARS IN COMPANY S AND NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.This is not a complaint about a fridge, TV, phone or anything else; the product itself is immaterial. This a complaint because Sears abuse their customers and completly mishandle complaints.DO NOT BUY FROM THEM FOR IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT THEY S-EARS HAVE NO EARS
ShitOn

I wrote to the most senior executives; weeks later, without receiving a response I consider them to be ****** that don't give a **** for their disgruntled customers.

I would not recommend that anyone goes through the Sears "customer service" experience I have endured.

debeym

If you havent gotten through to the right person yet phone Sears Executive Offices at 800-995-2139.

Review
#382098 Review #382098 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears - I have been ‘Seared’!

Update by user Feb 06, 2013

debeym,

I really value your comment, but here's my dilemma; I’m an international customer so when I call SEARS I pay international rates. I’ve provided them with my number but they do not call. When I have phoned, they have kept me on the line for up to 35 minutes (putting me on “hold”).

Given that Sears have been *** at dealing with my complaint so far, what are the chances that this call will help? If it is anything like SEARS CARES they ask for more information then never get back in touch. And they never give direct email addresses, only a generic address that doesn’t answer.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

All I can do is warm others about this shoddy service from a disreputable company.

Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2013

I have been ‘Seared’! Sears:- verb (used with object) meaning; to burn or scorch injuriously or painfully: or to make callous or unfeeling. I have been Seared. I have been burnt by Sears and it has been a painful process with a scar from their callous and unfeeling customer response, their hollow and broken promises and the financial damage and loss that came from revealing my credit card details to them. I tried to buy a mobile phone they advertised. They accepted the order, subsequently cancelling and blaming their supplier for cancelling. They offered me a refund which they then retracted. And they have offered to resolve the matter on a number of occasions, but when I reply I hear absolutely nothing from them!! I have raised this with many in Sears, and have been ignored – Do NOT be fooled by the Sears Cares representatives that offer help; when I respond they don’t even return my email. Think very carefully before dealing with Sears and if you do decide to buy from them then THINK AGAIN. They are the worst and most arrogant company I have had the misfortune to deal with.
ShitOn

I wrote to the most senior executives and summarised their misadvertising and maltreatment. I highlighted their threats (subsequently carried out) that, if I made complaints about their service, I would be banned).

No reply weeks later leads me to the conclusion that the executive management fully supports these bully-boy tactics

debeym

Call the executive offices! They have to listen and open a case.

I fooled with Customer Care (not) Dept for 2-1/2 weeks before finally calling higher up. Their number is 800-995-2139.

Review
#382097 Review #382097 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Service Sucks

I called Sears Home Service on January 9 to get my washing machine fixed. Before I continue, it is February 4 today, and they still have not shown up. They scheduled a serviceman to come within two weeks of contacting them. When I called that morning to confirm, the person told me that the appointment was canceled. I had to call to find that out! They did not even call to tell me! I therefore lost a day of work and after 36 minutes on the phone with the supervisor they promised to come Saturday February 9--as I was not going to miss another day of work. This morning, February 4, an automated reminder called to remind me about my Tuesday, February 5 appointment... I flipped! I never scheduled that date and when I called, Saturday was no longer available. Today, over the course of FOUR phone calls, I was hung up on three times, put on hold for over 1.5 hours and told no one could come until February 16. That means FIVE weeks without clean clothes. Sears said they can't help me even after all of their mistakes. The fourth customer service rep (remember I was hung up on the first three times) also accused me of lying. She told me I hadn't called since January 9. I asked her why I would wait until February 5 to get service. She then realized her mistake--no one waits 30 days to wait for service! What a horrible company with awful service! I hate Sears!!!
law4brad
#620252

I gave up on trying to reach Sears. I told my home warranty company about the problem and they sent out a small company.

Within a week I had new appliances.

debeym

Call the executive offices. Thats what I had to do today after screwing with Customer Care since Jan 20. Their number is 800-995-2139

Dear law4brad:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing receiving service for your washer. We certainly understand your frustration and concern over having your appointment canceled and also having the wrong date set up for repairing your washer. I would also like to apologize for the poor customer service experience you had when calling our call center to receive help regarding this issue. It is unacceptable to be hung up on, associates accusing you of lying or just plain being rude. This is certainly not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We value your business very much and would like to speak with you regarding this situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (law4brad) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Tellico Plains, Tennessee - Lost items

I ordered two pairs of slippers back in December, 2012. I was told that as soon as they shipped I would receive an email so that I could track them. I never received any information and about two weeks later one pair arrived. The other pair is apparently lost somewhere. It has been over a month now. The company keeps sending me emails saying it would be resolved within 5-7 business days since they were following up with their fulfillment center. Nothing is happening here, I asked them for a refund and they keep sending me emails saying "wait 5-7 business days". They even finally gave me a date of Februay 4, 2013 when I would receive an email either with a date of delivery or a refund. Today is that date and when I wrote them I was again told "wait 5-7 days". I think this is just a form letter and they are really giving me a run around. Either send me the slippers or give me a refund!!!
Loss

Sears - Search for; Worst, Poorest, deceive, mislead, disgrace, rude, arrogant or brazen?

Update by user Mar 18, 2013

Anyone with recent experience of taking legal action against a company such as Sears? I presume This can be considered within my UK jurisdiction?

Original review posted by user Feb 04, 2013

SEARS for; Worst, Poorest, deceive, mislead, disgrace, rude, arrogant or brazen Sears advertised a mobile phone and then refused to deliver when I purchased. They led me up the garden path asking me to phone their international line on a number of occasions. They exposed my credit card to potential fraud so that my bank insisted I cut up both my card and my wife’s (forcing us to report the new details to all established vendors). They strung me along with a long series of emails which never led anywhere (and ’Sears Cares’ continues to do this through pissed consumer). Finally they fed me a series of different excuses (lies?) which blamed me for the fraud – even though my bank advised me and I then advised Sears. Sears then blamed their suppliers for cancelling the order (even though when I contacted their supplier they stated they had never received the order. Sears have treated me abominably. My emails and letters (even to the most senior management) have been ignored and unhappy customers are led a merry dance. Will Sears live up to their promises even at this late stage? – I very much doubt it. Finally, if anyone from Sears Cares is inclined to contact me, PLEASE DO NOT, at least without seeing my previous posts and the other Sears representatives who asked for more information then were never heard of again. I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE TIME WITH SEARS AND WARN OTHERS OF THEIR ABYSMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
ShitOn

All my attempts to have this resolved have been met with a Sears brick wall. There is absolutely no willingness to understand my plight and no sense that there is ANY genuine attempt to help me. :(

Latest letters to CEO seem like they've been bined.

Maybe they are waiting for a lawyer's letter?

ShitOn

STILLWAITING FOR SEARS TO ADDRESS MY COMPLAINT. LOTS OF "SORRYS" BUT NO REAL HELP

Product