Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Sears in Evansville, Indiana - Invalid Tracking number and no item

Update by user Feb 22, 2013

Well Sears came through for me. The sofa finally arrived two weeks later.

But they did refund part of the shipping charges. All in All I am a happy camper.

Original review posted by user Feb 07, 2013

On 01/23/13 we ordered a sofa from sears. We rec'd a confirmation and tracking #. The tracking # was invalide. On the 29th I called to get a valid tracking # and was told they couldn't give me on but the item will be here on the 31st. We stayed home to receive the item and it never arrived. On the 1st I called to say it never arrived. I was told to wait 5 - 7 days (from the 29th) while they research the problem. I called on the 7th and was told to wait another 5 - 7 days. The money was taken from my account when I ordered to sofa. If the sofa is no longer available then just refund MY money.
ljwhitney

How in the He** do you lose a sofa... only sears

Dear stressedoutmom:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means we will handle your situation from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in receiving your sofa. We understand your frustration with being given a delivery date and no one showing up. This would certainly frustrate and aggravate me so I'm sure that you feel the same way. We would like you to know that we value your business very much and would like to speak with you concerning this experience and go over the options we have to turn this into a positive experience. If you will allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a personal case manager who can assist you with this issue and any other issue you may have with Sears.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the sofa was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (stressedoutmom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

With Official Company Response

Sears in Dundee, Oregon - Kenmore Elite is "***"

My wife and I built our house about 5 years ago. We wanted to have good appliances and went to our local sears store. We bought a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, range hood and a microwave all under the Kenmore Elite name. We have had problems with all but the range hood. The fridge was so bad I had to get it replaced. I called the customer service and was passed around for more than 1 1/2 hours the first time and at least 1 hour the second time. I have was told that I would have a response to my complaint within 24 hours and that was 4 days ago. I then called the executive offices and was told again that I would have a response within 24 hours and guess what no response. I am ready to put these appliances alongside the road I live on with a BIG sign stating you are crazy if you buy from sears and I call me and I would be happy to tell you my story. I love the sears tools but the appliances are *** and the customer service is worse than ***. I would love to give these appliances back to SEARS and get something that will last longer than the warranty.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We’re sorry to hear about the type of customer service rendered and the expectations given to you in reference to being contacted. We’d like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous382313), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com.

Edwin C.

With Official Company Response

Sears.Com and Sears Customer Service Worst Ever!!

I placed an order on 1/19/13 for a mattress. I changed my mind and cancelled order on 1/20/13. After numerous emails and phone calls and being told the order was cancelled it still appeared on my MasterCard statement. On 1/31/13 I phoned the executive offices and was assured that it would be cancelled and credited. Well today I looked and it showed it was delivered on 1/30/13 so back to calling the executive offices. I was told yes it was cancelled but there was never a credit issued and he assured me it would be done. Really?? Probably Not! I have since contacted my bank and disputed the charge and my next step is to file a complaint with the BBB! Sears certainly has gone to the dogs. I have been a customer since I was 20 years old, which is for 32 years! But you can bet your butt I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. I am sure eventually there will be no more Sears because they REALLY SUCK and cannot stay in business much longer with this POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

debeym

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance.

We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with your mattress. . I can see how frustrating it is to receive poor customer while trying to rectify this issue.

If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (debeym), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Liz Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

Tags
  • Legal terms

Sears – Now known as Company S (as they have lost their ears)

Company S (S-ears) have lost their ears!I have now sent dozens and dozens and dozens of emails to the company – They have been largely ignored on the basis of ‘see no evil’I have written to the company and posted this to the senior management - once again, Company S are blind to my concerns.I have phoned the company – as before Sears have lost their ears and have ignored me as they therefore hear no evil.Sears Cares often responds to complaints raised on www.pissedconsumer.com. They did the same with me BUT WHENEVER I RESENT THE INFORMATION THEY REQUESTED – GUESS WHAT?? NO EARS IN COMPANY S AND NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.This is not a complaint about a fridge, TV, phone or anything else; the product itself is immaterial. This a complaint because Sears abuse their customers and completly mishandle complaints.DO NOT BUY FROM THEM FOR IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT THEY S-EARS HAVE NO EARS
ShitOn

I wrote to the most senior executives; weeks later, without receiving a response I consider them to be ****** that don't give a **** for their disgruntled customers.

I would not recommend that anyone goes through the Sears "customer service" experience I have endured.

debeym

If you havent gotten through to the right person yet phone Sears Executive Offices at 800-995-2139.

Review
#382098 Review #382098 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears - I have been ‘Seared’!

Update by user Feb 06, 2013

debeym,

I really value your comment, but here's my dilemma; I’m an international customer so when I call SEARS I pay international rates. I’ve provided them with my number but they do not call. When I have phoned, they have kept me on the line for up to 35 minutes (putting me on “hold”).

Given that Sears have been *** at dealing with my complaint so far, what are the chances that this call will help? If it is anything like SEARS CARES they ask for more information then never get back in touch. And they never give direct email addresses, only a generic address that doesn’t answer.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

All I can do is warm others about this shoddy service from a disreputable company.

Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2013

I have been ‘Seared’! Sears:- verb (used with object) meaning; to burn or scorch injuriously or painfully: or to make callous or unfeeling. I have been Seared. I have been burnt by Sears and it has been a painful process with a scar from their callous and unfeeling customer response, their hollow and broken promises and the financial damage and loss that came from revealing my credit card details to them. I tried to buy a mobile phone they advertised. They accepted the order, subsequently cancelling and blaming their supplier for cancelling. They offered me a refund which they then retracted. And they have offered to resolve the matter on a number of occasions, but when I reply I hear absolutely nothing from them!! I have raised this with many in Sears, and have been ignored – Do NOT be fooled by the Sears Cares representatives that offer help; when I respond they don’t even return my email. Think very carefully before dealing with Sears and if you do decide to buy from them then THINK AGAIN. They are the worst and most arrogant company I have had the misfortune to deal with.
ShitOn

I wrote to the most senior executives and summarised their misadvertising and maltreatment. I highlighted their threats (subsequently carried out) that, if I made complaints about their service, I would be banned).

No reply weeks later leads me to the conclusion that the executive management fully supports these bully-boy tactics

debeym

Call the executive offices! They have to listen and open a case.

I fooled with Customer Care (not) Dept for 2-1/2 weeks before finally calling higher up. Their number is 800-995-2139.

Review
#382097 Review #382097 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Service Sucks

I called Sears Home Service on January 9 to get my washing machine fixed. Before I continue, it is February 4 today, and they still have not shown up. They scheduled a serviceman to come within two weeks of contacting them. When I called that morning to confirm, the person told me that the appointment was canceled. I had to call to find that out! They did not even call to tell me! I therefore lost a day of work and after 36 minutes on the phone with the supervisor they promised to come Saturday February 9--as I was not going to miss another day of work. This morning, February 4, an automated reminder called to remind me about my Tuesday, February 5 appointment... I flipped! I never scheduled that date and when I called, Saturday was no longer available. Today, over the course of FOUR phone calls, I was hung up on three times, put on hold for over 1.5 hours and told no one could come until February 16. That means FIVE weeks without clean clothes. Sears said they can't help me even after all of their mistakes. The fourth customer service rep (remember I was hung up on the first three times) also accused me of lying. She told me I hadn't called since January 9. I asked her why I would wait until February 5 to get service. She then realized her mistake--no one waits 30 days to wait for service! What a horrible company with awful service! I hate Sears!!!
law4brad
#620252

I gave up on trying to reach Sears. I told my home warranty company about the problem and they sent out a small company.

Within a week I had new appliances.

debeym

Call the executive offices. Thats what I had to do today after screwing with Customer Care since Jan 20. Their number is 800-995-2139

Dear law4brad:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing receiving service for your washer. We certainly understand your frustration and concern over having your appointment canceled and also having the wrong date set up for repairing your washer. I would also like to apologize for the poor customer service experience you had when calling our call center to receive help regarding this issue. It is unacceptable to be hung up on, associates accusing you of lying or just plain being rude. This is certainly not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We value your business very much and would like to speak with you regarding this situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (law4brad) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

View more comments (2)

Sears in Tellico Plains, Tennessee - Lost items

I ordered two pairs of slippers back in December, 2012. I was told that as soon as they shipped I would receive an email so that I could track them. I never received any information and about two weeks later one pair arrived. The other pair is apparently lost somewhere. It has been over a month now. The company keeps sending me emails saying it would be resolved within 5-7 business days since they were following up with their fulfillment center. Nothing is happening here, I asked them for a refund and they keep sending me emails saying "wait 5-7 business days". They even finally gave me a date of Februay 4, 2013 when I would receive an email either with a date of delivery or a refund. Today is that date and when I wrote them I was again told "wait 5-7 days". I think this is just a form letter and they are really giving me a run around. Either send me the slippers or give me a refund!!!
Loss

Sears - Search for; Worst, Poorest, deceive, mislead, disgrace, rude, arrogant or brazen?

Update by user Mar 18, 2013

Anyone with recent experience of taking legal action against a company such as Sears? I presume This can be considered within my UK jurisdiction?

Original review posted by user Feb 04, 2013

SEARS for; Worst, Poorest, deceive, mislead, disgrace, rude, arrogant or brazen Sears advertised a mobile phone and then refused to deliver when I purchased. They led me up the garden path asking me to phone their international line on a number of occasions. They exposed my credit card to potential fraud so that my bank insisted I cut up both my card and my wife’s (forcing us to report the new details to all established vendors). They strung me along with a long series of emails which never led anywhere (and ’Sears Cares’ continues to do this through pissed consumer). Finally they fed me a series of different excuses (lies?) which blamed me for the fraud – even though my bank advised me and I then advised Sears. Sears then blamed their suppliers for cancelling the order (even though when I contacted their supplier they stated they had never received the order. Sears have treated me abominably. My emails and letters (even to the most senior management) have been ignored and unhappy customers are led a merry dance. Will Sears live up to their promises even at this late stage? – I very much doubt it. Finally, if anyone from Sears Cares is inclined to contact me, PLEASE DO NOT, at least without seeing my previous posts and the other Sears representatives who asked for more information then were never heard of again. I HAVE HAD A TERRIBLE TIME WITH SEARS AND WARN OTHERS OF THEIR ABYSMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
ShitOn

All my attempts to have this resolved have been met with a Sears brick wall. There is absolutely no willingness to understand my plight and no sense that there is ANY genuine attempt to help me. :(

Latest letters to CEO seem like they've been bined.

Maybe they are waiting for a lawyer's letter?

ShitOn

STILLWAITING FOR SEARS TO ADDRESS MY COMPLAINT. LOTS OF "SORRYS" BUT NO REAL HELP

Product
Sears Credit Card

Sears in Orlando, Florida - Mrs

HOrrible customer service. It is like they can completely handle your purchase order....but no one can cancel that same order, it apparently takes an act of congress. Sears.com told me to call the outsouced company who then proceeded to tell me they couldn't cancel my order because it was pending. They then proceeded to tell me that they were closing soon and the night shift would may process the order and then I couldn't cancel because it would be in the mail. If I can't cancel while it's pending and I can't cancel after it's no longer pending, then when exactly can I cancel an order I made 15minutes prior. I called Sears.com again, (that is who is withdrawing the money from my account which is still pending mind you) and they told me that I had to deal with the other company. When we consumers go to to sears.com to shop, we shouldn't have to worry about returns, problems, or quality of the merchandise. I made the mistake of not looking at the reviews or return policy before I placed the order.....BIG MISTAKE. But, again, I was on Sears.com for crying out loud. WHY should I have to worry about that. I will tell every one who will listen and many who won't listen about this experience and you can count on the fact that I will never, ever, use SEARS.COM again. PS their customer service is obviously outsourced which causes frustration because these poor people are just reading from a script and trying to deal with these problems that they have no control over. SHAME ON YOU SEARS !!!!!! You are an American icon. How can they let this happen.
Loss

Sears in Boise, Idaho - Refurbished computer purchase 32 days to receive quit working after 2 weeks

I purchased a HP DC7700 refurbished computer on NOV. 21 It was not delivered until DEC. 24 buy JAN 10 it had quit working and was coding DIMMS problems which means replacing the motherboard costing more than the computer I paid SEARS list price $183.99 plus $10.49 tax total $194.48 shipping was free over $150.00 plus i was supposed to get a savings promo offer of -$30.24 total $164.24 my billing amount paid to sears was $185.28 i am no rocket scientist but the math doesnt work not only adid i not get the discount but was sold a junk computer it was rebuilt by a company called JOY systems this purchase was not a joy at all i buy products on line every day this is buy far the worst transaction i ever had SEARS passed the buck to joy systems no one there EVER answers my e mails or telephone calls i paid SEARS i expect SEARS to back up the products it sells. I fell like joy systems is a fraud running a scam selling junk computers sears has not answered my e mails and customer service puts you on hold and runs you in circles for hours there service reps can hardly even speak english what happened to that great AMERICAN company named SEARS ? All i want is a computer that works
Service