Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears.com sucks

I ordered a DVD from sears.com on December 23, 2012, never received it on the promised delivery date and when I was asked to wait another 2-3 weeks I asked for a refund. The refund was issued and as of Jan 24, 2013 still nothing, no money and no merchandise. After calling multiple times, having some condescending scripted speech muttered to me and finally being rudely hung up on 3 times I contacted Sears Holdings Corporate offices. I was promptly transferred to what then call their Executive Level Customer Service where I finally talked to a person with a brain! From that moment on it was truly amazing how kindly and professionally I was treated and was assured I would receive a refund and was even given a personal phone number that I could contact this person back if I had any issues. The thing that makes me most angry, (not directed at the wonderful young lady that finally assisted me), it took 1 full month and then I was informed that Sears never had the item in stock, even at the time I placed the order nobody in this outsourced help desk land had the brains to look this information up! Sears.com needs to get its head out of its *** and start thinking if they want to stay in business, I worked for Sears from 1983-1998 and although retail is a rough business, if you treat your customers with respect and good service they are loyal to you for life! I will NEVER BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE AGAIN!Sears, learn from Amazon, they treat their customers like people and not cattle!
Service
Sears Delivery Service
Loss

Sears review in Cary, North Carolina: Kenmore Elite Refrigerator less than 2 weeks old problems

Update by user Jan 30, 2013

Just got a call from sears after they told us that the 400.00 protection plan would replace it with another up to the cost of 3000.00 which is what it is usually. They will not replace it with the same type refrigerator.

I'm going to the BBB now and the attorney General with this.

I'm sick of sears. I will also be contacting the Executive office at sears.

Update by user Jan 30, 2013

We I did as the post from sears says to do and they gave me a case number and I have not heard another thing. I should have just taken it back on saturday as I had planned.

Instead we went to the store and they told us to get the sears protection plan and they would replace it if we had that. So we spent almost $400.00 more and they guy comes out today and tells us that the stainless finish is not covered on it.

We plan to take it back to the store this weekend. This is the last time I will ever buy anything from any Sears store or online.

I'm considering taking the Grill I purchase the day after the fridge back also. I'm sick of sears and there lies

Original review posted by user Jan 25, 2013

We purchased a Kenmore Elite Stainless Refridgerator from Sears on Jan 13, 2013. It was a floor model but still should be a new refridgerator. We et it home and remove the old one and put this one in it's place and get everything hooked up and part of the Led's are burnt out. We call and they come out and order and part and replace it yesterday 1/24/2013. We start noticing the stainless is fading so we call and ask them to fix this. It should not fade. They inform us they can't do anything about it. About 3 hours later the Refridgerator comes up with Er 15 on the display. We look in the book and there is nothing about this error 15 We call in again and there computers are down on 1/24/2013 We call back today and tell them the problem and they will send someone out again on Wed Jan 30 2013 to look at it. I should not be having all these problems with a new refridgerator and the stainless should not be fading and spotting. I plan to carry it back to the store on Sat Jan 26 2013. I will go buy one from a place that would have already replaced it. I will never buy another apliance of any type from sears and will tell everyone I know about this problem.

Dear don mullenex:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are having with your new refrigerator. We know that it is very frustrating to bring your new refrigerator home and have to call our support group two times to help resolve an error message as well as speak with them about the stainless on your refrigerator fading. This is certainly not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We understand your frustration and would like to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager to help resolve your refrigerator issue. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (don mullenex) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

I also purchased a refrig from Sears - Sears canceled order - never delivered - never informed me (after I waited for deliver) - AND charged my credit card. Now after several deadend attempts with "Customer Service" - I am going to dispute charge with my credit card company.

So disappointed in Sears....

it should not be this hard. I will not do business with them again either.

#601945
@Sears Response

discouraged,

I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance. We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with the delivery of your refrigerator. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I can see how frustrating it is purchase a refrigerator and that the delivery was cancelled without notice. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (discouraged) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

View more comments (2)
Review

BEWARE Consumer- Sears has the worst customer solutions dept!!

We purchased all new appliances from sears. Our range broke within 6 months and we had a technician come out and he said it was fixed (3 days before Christmas Eve). Day before Christmas Eve it broke! We called frantically as we were having a house full of guests that we were cooking for! We explained their tech broke it- he was just here. Sears did nothing short of laughing in our faces when we begged for a last minute repair. We were told numerous times we would receive a call back, we were transferred everywhere! Nothing, no resolution, no empathy, no manager they even said. Customer solutions is horrible! One week after Christmas we received the repair- 2 hours past the window and horrible customer solutions again! Lady was no non helpful and should not be in customer service! One week after that- guess what?!- broke again! We are waiting again for a repair and I called to complain and after half hour wait- disconnected! I want to scream! I don't want to do business with them anymore, but I have their appliances. I have never in my life been so irate with a company!

Update by user Feb 14, 2013

This is with reference to the comment below...

Most good stores will take returns or exchanges without receipts, it's just good business. When they don't it is a sign that, that you should not do business with them. BTW IdgieThreadgoode + LadyScot = *** W..,.H..O..R..E..s!.

View more comments
Loss

Sears review in La Crosse, Wisconsin: One damaged cooktop, ten phone calls, three hang ups, and a partridge in a pear tree

Seems as though there is a common theme with Sears- pass the buck and when all else fails disconnect the phone call. Started by ordering a kitchen set of appliances from Brian. This part went great- he thouroghly walked us through the purchasing process and helped us choose appliance that best suited our farmhouse renovation. It went down hill from there. Appliances were to be delivered. Delivery guy called from the store- could not find the cooktop. They brought the rest of the stuff and said the cooktop would be delivered. Great....except they showed up three hours late on Christmas eve so I sat at our empty house waiting for them while I missed our family Christmas party. Should have been mad but I felt more for the delivery guys being forced to deliver on a holiday than me waiting. Then it gets bad... Store couldn't find the cooktop and the national delivery number said it was delivered. Finally I just went for store manager, tracy. She quickly ordered a new top and scheduled a prompt delivery. Great. The cooktop came, we later opened the box. Damaged. The knobs had been bent and one rubber the high low print right off. Called the store. They said call warranty. Called warranty. They said call delivery. Called delivery. They referred me to a product specialist. He then put me on hold. I was disconnected. I called back. I was put on hold for thirty minutes. Hung up called back. They transferred me back to delivery. This guy transferred me to an unknow department. She said they would deliver a new one. Great. I simply asked that it not be delivered and that I wanted to pick it up at the store to a) save time b) not be forced to take time off of work to wait for delivery. She said that couldn't be done. The next day I called the local store and spoke to the appliance manager because I had little faith in anyone I talked to via the national numbers. He was more than willing to make sure the item was ordered and to call me when it arrived at the store as he had no reservation with me picking it up. So...I'll see what next week brings when it is suppose to arrive. In conclusion, I feel as though my story echoes many others who trusted Sears, sears customer service does very little servicing, and the people at my local store saved me from insanity. My advice to others: bypass sears, head to your locally owned appliance store, pay a little more, be content that you never have to deal with sears' customer service.

Dear Anonymous378434:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced with your new appliance deliveries. We certainly understand how frustrating and inconvenient it has been for you to contact our delivery team regarding delivery of your cooktop. This is not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We would also like to apologize for your experience while attempting to reach our team by phone. It is unacceptable to be transferred to numerous agents while they attempted to help you with your delivery issue. Further, to be hung up on while waiting to be helped is very upsetting. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn things around. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the cooktop was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous378434) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

A warning about Sears

Update by user Mar 18, 2013

Still fighting to be heard by Sears. Their customer service is a disgrace.

After being banned from the Sears "community" pages for complaining about their abismal service I wrote to ensure the Sears CEO knew about the company's 'bully-boy' tactics. Weeks later, with no reply to my letter from Sears I can only assume they sanction this approach with their (NOW FORMER) customers.

I warn you not to purchase from Sears or you may endure a similar experience.

Update by user Jan 30, 2013

Sears ‘HAPPY CUSTOMER’ team just give me the blues!

Sears talk the talk but MISERABLY FAIL TO WALK THE WALK.

HERE’S THE ADVERT … Sears BLUE RIBBON team is supposed to make nearly all of their most disgruntled customers happy. Not my words but those of Sears' Divisional President who said ‘Blue Ribbon, is designed to handle service calls that had gone bad’ and that these calls “go to a special team … totally empowered to do whatever they need to do to make the customer happy — without interference from managers or anyone else up the organizational chain” resulting in ‘Sears Home Services currently retaining 96 percent of its ‘BLUE RIBBON’ customers’.

HERE’S THE TRUTH … The Blue Ribbon Manager contacted me around a month after postal letters to Sears top brass. After an initial hollow, generic apology Sears stated that my account was fraudulent and that I should sort things out with my bank!!

The HAPPY team sure have a bizarre approach to sorting out my problems.

After so many emails to Sears, I would have hoped that their Manager might have had a better understanding of the issues.

While it tested my patience (yet again), I explained that I had brought the fraudulent activity to their attention and that I had (in writing) an admission from Sears security centre that the fraudulent activity resulted from ‘a vendor which seemed suspicious’.

The Happy Team did not acknowledge, never mind address the fact that Sears failed to supply the purchased item after I accepted their advertised deal. Similarly, there was no appreciation of the considerable trouble and loss that resulted exclusively from Sears reneging on the deal.

The rest is a similar pattern to before; i.e. I write a series of 4, often detailed accounts offering any additional information that might be required – Sears to date ignore my communications.

Sears BLUE RIBBON contact was a bolt from the blue. However, I’m blue in the face explaining and look like being left with the blues.

I bought from Sears as their website stated ‘When you purchase a product from us online, … We'll ensure its safe delivery ... We look at it as fulfilling a promise’.

THIS, IN MY EXPERIENCE, ADDS INSULT TO INJURY.

I now trust Sears even less than before and cannot see them ever honouring their advertised deal. I have now made it a crusade to warn others; Be very cautious and sceptical of any appealing Sears offers. It’s not just that may be disappointed, but that you could have your credit details compromised, have to pay to discuss this with their security centre, waste hours with a series invariably different ‘customer service’ reps AND, if you do get the BLUE RIBBON team the only way they’ll make you happy is if get pleasure from JOKES!

My view? – I have been cheated and abused and so I intend to let as many know about it as possible.

(The only positive is that I believe Sears are aware to the potential impact of www.pissedconsumer.com)

Original review posted by user Jan 23, 2013

Sears might be hot on useless warnings like “Do not use while sleeping” on their hairdryers! But what about a website warning like “Do not assume the low prices offered are accurate or will be honoured”. If Sears had said that I wouldn’t have bought their mobile phone for I was then suckered into a number of premium rate telephone calls and many wasted hours in over 40 emails just hoping they would be true to their word and supply the product at the price paid. I thought they were honourable, respectable and could be trusted. Instead I’ve been exposed to fraud, am now out of pocket and feel cheated through their broken promises. To add insult to injury, just about every time I wrote to get things sorted out I got a different “customer service” rep, none of which seemed to appreciate my plight. Letters to the top brass were ignored. Seems like Sears can advertise as they like then blame others when they wish to renege (in this instance a 3rd party vendor who had not received and knew nothing of my order). My experience with Sears was terrible. My advice is to ignore their bargains; they may be a “steal”, but not in a good way.
Nigel C

Sears – Quick to offer help… Slow to deliver

When I say slow I really mean dawdling sluggish to the point of not moving at all.

THEY ARE THE WORST ORGANISATION I HAVE DEALT WITH IN 30 YEARS!

I have sent emails to;

smsupport@searshc.com,

SearsCares@searshc.com,

and

blueribbonservice2@searshc.com.

These emails have been sent to Russ S., Kristin B., Buddy J., Gabriel A., Misty H. and Anthony C. to name but a few. Most have never replied, never mind assisted.

I’m really interested in those that have had a similar experience; i.e. Sears offers of help that amount to nothing.

I’m keen to let others know of the hours and hours and hours of time I’ve spent trying to get Sears to live up to THEIR promises. To date, they have strung me along with an appealing advert which has resulted in my expense, exposure of my credit card details to fraud and, perhaps most annoying, Sears reneging on their advertised product and dishonestly blaming their supplier.

Review
Again I have received no help from Sears. I have had to call, email and facebook anyone I can to get a response to my order. My order # is 449141782 waybill AS1899. I have made all the calls to King Moving and Storage for info about damage on my order, I have had to go...

Dear Anonymous377907:

We are truly sorry that you have received a Sears bill that includes furniture that you have not received. We understand how frustrating this is to you and would like to look into this matter further to help resolve this issue. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our customers, and we are sorry to see that we have fallen short of that mark in this instance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn things around.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the furniture was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous377907) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears review in Fall River, Massachusetts: LEMON REFRIGERATOR AND BAD DELIVERY

Purchased an LG refrigerator. Just before the 1 year warranty ran out the freezer died. ?Called for service had to wait a week in 88 degree weather by that time the refrigerator was not working at all. They came and had to order a part that took 3 weeks to arrive. Here I was with no refrigerator 88 degree weather and had lost about $400 worth of food that they would not make good on. When the part arrived it was the wrong part which took another 2 weeks to arrive. They then put the part in and then about a few days later it broke again, Took another week to come and order the part again which not has been 3 different parts. Finally it broke again and one of the men told me this was a problem and he hot wired it now I have no light in the freezer. The drawer part broke off trying to open it and then the freezer drawer broke also. I have now been without for over 3 months in the hot weather and in between we are now have a loss of $800 in food. Then the real problem begins. I had to go pick out another fridge.Arranged for delivery they never showed. Said they called me never answered. I gave them 2 numbers to call. 2nd attempt waited again saw the truck go by the house slowly turn around and go up the street. I called Sears and told them the truck did not stop. They called the dispatcher and they said they were banging on my door 20 minutes and I did not answer. My reply to that was I had a 140 lb, lab in the yard purposely so she would bark and let me know they were arriving,.I also have a Newfie that barks at a pin drop. No one would knock at my door 20 minutes I have a doorbell and was looking out the window waiting for them. She would not leave anyone in the yard. 3rd attempt they came over. /said they could not deliver the refrigerator as it would not fit by the railings. My previous refrigerator was the same size never had to remove the railings. May I add I had to pick out another refrigerator at a cost of $700.00 more now I am up to $2,300 but they have my money and still no refrigerator. I told them I can remove the railing in 5 minutes. I told them by the time they took out the old refrigerator the railing would be off. They said we cant wait. I said there is no waiting by the time the fridge gets out of here the railing will be off. Previously the railing did not have to be removed for the same size. They said they could not wait and left. I immediately called Sears and they assured me the men would be back. They never called or showed. I need to explain that I am handicapped and had to 3 times pay someone to unload the fridge. Plus now 2 days later I have no railings and unable to go up and down the stairs. Went to the Outlet and the manager really did not care nor would they give me my money back as it was over 30 days. This is all crazy. I have been doing business with them for 42 years and I will no longer ever purchase or do business with them again. I warn everyone stay away. I also purchased a dishwasher at a cost of $699 and it is just over a year old and is broken. I am alone and only use it once a week and it was a double drawer one. Needless to say I went also to purchase a stove. Sears was more expensive then Lowes. They do not charge for delivery and their warranty is 80% cheaper then/Sears. Stay away from Sears. This has cost me so much money and time from work waiting around for deliveries that never happen and appliances that break down before a year is up.
Review
I bought a $3000 fridge in August of 2012 and it has broken down 5 times since then. Lost food...wife not happy....kids not happy. Sears was MY choice so its MY fault of course. But I made that choice because when I was a kid my family always trusted the brand and they...

Dear Anonymous377643:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are having getting your refrigerator repaired correctly. This is certainly not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We understand your frustration and would like to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager to help resolve your refrigerator issue. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous377643) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

SEARS CREDIT CARD IS BIGGEST FRAUD AFFECTED CREDIT SCORE
All I wanted is to buy a shoe, which cost 60 dollars, the representative said i gt 20 dollar discount for the card. I fell for it, today I REGRET that moment. now i have 90 day late payment of 189 dollars, I never even received the card. my CREDIT SCORE got affected by...

I recently purchased 4 pairs of shoes at Sears. When I arrived at the purchase counter, a sales clerk asked me if I wanted to save 30% by applying for a Sears Credit card.

I quickly declined due to being in a hurry. But the cashier persisted and said it will only take one minute. Well, the one minute turned into 20 minutes. Customers were getting impatient and so was I.

Then the cashier gave me the phone in order to speak to the credit staffers . They asked in duplicate everything the sore clerk asked and more. Then I finally handed her the phone and she hangs up and informs me; I was denied credit. At this point I was furious.

I am 65 years old and never been turned down in my life. I have just sold my home after 22 years. Made a huge profit and put it all in the bank. Furthermore, I retired as a Sheriff in a major municipality and served 30 years.

In addition, I retired from the US Navy (law enforcement ) for over 21 years. I held a Top Secret Clarence up until a few years ago.

As a result, I contacted the Sears Creditors and gave them a piece of my mind.

I also informed them that I will never return to Sears again. They are officially off my list.

View more comments