Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - Ripped off on turkey fryer

We ordered an electric turkey fryer from Sears and what came in the box was a set of wrenches; a visible set of wrenches with a shipping sticker on them saying "turkey fryer". I called on 11/14/12 to customer service to straighten this out. I was told by Almond that I would have to pay again for the turkey fryer but would receive a refund in 3-5 business days for the wrenches and that a UPS pickup ticket would be sent to my email. I accepted those conditions and let a second charge be applied to my debit card. Fourteen days later and I haven't received a refund and I haven't received a call tag for pickup. I called customer service today and was told to follow the return directions on the package. I objected because I don't want to pay shipping for their error and she said she would send UPS with a call tag within 24 hours. They refused to refund my money until they get the product in hand. She also said I could return to Sears store, 30 minutes away. I'm PISSED because Almond didn't advise me this way 14 days ago and I took their customer service rep at her word on receiving a refund because of their error. I won't shop Sears again and I am disapointed at the volume of complains I've now heard about Sears. I disapointed that I didn't check on this first. Bad customer service from Sears.

Anonymous1932,

My name is Liz and I am with the Social Media Support Team. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. I understand how frustrating it can be to purchase turkey fryer and instead you received wrenches. Furthermore, I can see how disappointing it is to be told you would receive a call tag for the items but you still have received your refund. We would the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your with possible options to resolve this matter in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the dehumidifier was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous1932) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Sears Sells Faulty Warranties

I purchased a 70 inch Toshiba DLP Television back in 2008 with an extended 5 year warranty through Sears covering me through 2013. I recently contacted Sears concerning white dots appearing on my television screen. After talking to two Sears reps, they informed me that I should contact Toshiba as they were the manufacturer and Sears would not cover the imperfections on my screen (would not even send a technician to my house to examine the television). I don't understand how they can charge 350 dollars for an extended warranty and then refuse to at minimum diagnose the problem.
Honest4Sure

Does your service contract cover "normal wear and tear? What do the terms and conditions say?

Are the "white dots" affecting the quality of the picture? Are they appearing with more frequency over time? Where are they on the TV? Is this Sears "service" you're speaking with or the store personnel?

You can probably Google this problem or forums as such on the Toshiba website. On the other hand, Sears has been selling this nonsense since the inception of service contracts/extended warranties.

Any due diligence research would have uncovered less than stellar service, unrealistic expectations and lots of incompetence. You succumbed to commissioned salespeople - you expected more?

$2000
With Official Company Response

Sears complete lack of follow-up and care

On 8/7/2012 I purchased a CMENS Denali 700 Road bike from their website. Due to it not being available in any of the area Sears stores i had to have it shipped to my home, which resulted in my having to put it together myself and incurring a heftier charge with shipping costs involved. All total i paid over $200 for this bike. Everything arrived on time and in one piece, however once i managed to put it all together and get it out on the road for a test ride for more and permanent fine tuning something happened that i had really not thought possible in this day and age of technology happened: The gear sprocket on the rear wheel hub completely disintegrated while i took that very first ride. This caused me to lose my footing and feet slipped off the petals resulting in some minor cuts and bruises; Nothing major thankfully but it surely could have been a whole lot worse. I have never seen this, never thought that i would have to concern myself with this and in my many years of biking have never heard of this happening to others. As i had bought this bike after surgery to help me get back into shape that i had fallen out of for being housebound and sedentary for the last 10 years i was really happy and excited, and after this incident left dazed and very much disgusted. Since i had bought it from Sears, whom my family has done business for many long years i had no worries, only the disappointment of having to wait a bit longer to get things sorted out. Boy was i ever wrong there! Having called and called again and called again and yet again, having been told numerous times that i should await a response via email or through the mail to be patient. It's been well over 4 months now and i refuse to try and deal with Sears customer service runaround hence me posting my story here. I haven't heard a word from them, only excuses and promises yet unfulfilled. I don't want it repaired i do NOT trust this manufacturer, I'd like my money back. I could have seriously been injured. I'd just like Sears to stand by their products and customers and do the right thing here. It's been a ridiculously long time now as it is. I didn't know where else to go for help; I just wish i had the CEO's email address so i could let him know how very displeased and concerned i am over this debacle.

kingpin,

My name is Liz and I am with the Social Media Support Team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you on this issue. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down and would like to offer some assistance with your online order. I can see how disappointing it is purchase a bike, to have issues with the bike, and receive poor customer service while trying to rectify the situation. We would the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact your with possible options to resolve this matter in a timely manner. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the tires were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (kingpin) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

kingpin

still waiting, no word from sears for the last 2 months after being told it was being taken care of.

View more comments (1)
With Official Company Response

Sears - black friday tv's online are ghosts?

I do not understand what is wrong with sears website. I ordered TV on Black Friday night online and got confirmation but in the end the order was cancelled. It was my first experience with buying at sear's. Now I know having a note under your order: "Merchandise availability and pricing are not guaranteed" MEANS A LOT. Sears ruined my Black Friday as I could get tv in another store. I was really silly of me not to search for more information about sears in internet first....If you are reading this you are probably smart and decided to search before ordering. :)

Dear Concerned from Past,

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry to hear that we have let you down with your online purchase. I understand how frustrating it is to order through our website and find out the order has been cancelled. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your experience and monitor your refund. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the snow blower is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Concerned from Past) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any inconvenience we have caused and we hope to talk to you

Liz R

tyvyigralpriz

Please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles you have experienced your online order. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I understand how frustrating it can be to purchase an item and the order was cancelled. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to discuss your recent experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (tyvyigralpriz) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R

Social Media Support

I placed an order through Sears.com for snow blower and a 32" TV. received confirmation that they received my order.

Today I receive a noticed that I can pickup my order from my Sears store but only the TV. It appears they canceled my order for the snow blower as they were out of stock. The web page still indicated 2 were in stock so I called the store and they said their computer said they had 6 in stock. So I asked him to hold one and I would go pick up.

he said he couldn't as the price would be different since I was ordering online. I asked if he could confirm if it was really in stock so he did. But he could not physically find one.

So I called customer service and asked if it was discontinued or what and why did they cancel the order. Other stores said they did not have in stock but stated could be delivered in 4 to 7 days.

I asked about this and she could not answer. I asked to speak to someone of higher authority that could answer but she would not connect me.

So I asked about the TV and she said that it was ready to be picked up. I told her I was not happy with the way Sears is running their online service and I decided to cancel the TV.

I was informed that I had already been billed for it . I asked how could I be billed for something that I did not possess yet. She said that is Sears policy.

She also informed me it would take up to 2 weeks to credit my account for this TV that I did not posses yet. I've decided i am not to give Sears my business any more and bought both snow blower & TV from different companies.

okinc10

that happened to me twice when trying to purchase a DYSON Animal vac. I ended up going to the store and they said I didnt have an order and I had to buy in the store and show them proof in order to be refunded...Wont do that again.

View more comments (3)
Product
Sears Website

Sears in Kenosha, Wisconsin - RETURNED A ITEM, NEVER RECEIVED MONEY

BEWARE ALL PEOPLE "SEARS" COMPANY'S ARE SCAMMER'S RETURNED A $800.00 T.V. AND I NEVER RECEIVED MY MONEY. GOING ON 2 MONTHS AND NO MONEY YET. I HAVE BEEN CALL THE HIGH CORPORATE MANAGERS/Sears Executive Offices, ONE WHOM IS MICHELLE AND NUMBER 1-888-572-8119/ Ext: 26 AND ANOTHER NAMED KATIE AND NUMBER 1-888-266-4043 EXT: 84 THAT IS ONLY TWO OUT OF 15 OF THE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE TALKED WITH THROUGH THE SEARS EXECUTIVE OFFICES AND ALL JUST KEEP GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND. NONE HAVE YET TO CALL ME BACK OR SEND ME A EMAIL OF UPDATES ON MY CASE. REPORTING THEM TO THE B.B.B.
Loss

Sears in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Does not have parts for tools sold.

i bought a 7in. tile saw.2 mo. after war. was up the moter burned up. i called for parts and was told all we have is water pump and hose clamp. SAY WHAT. ok so were can i get one.well they could not tell me but they did say all i can tell you is to BUY A NEW SAW. what kind of store do they run and just how smart are the kids the have working for them. i told the KID THANK YOU AND I WOULD BUY A NEW SAW. im on my way to get one now at SEARS sears SEARS.
With Official Company Response

Sears has left us without HOT WATER, again!!

We purchased and had installed a NEW water heater in April 201 from Sears. In June we had no hot water, so we called Sears and they replaced the part that was not working. In November Sears has been called twice again b/c we still do not have hot water. Sears had two parts replaced. Again, we still do not have hot water, so they want to replace the first part they replaced in June. My husband called this time to complain and request a new water heater. We have been without hot water for three weeks. He works hospital with critically ill patients and his uniforms have to be washed in hot water. My husband has been on the phone w/Sears for over 45 mins and transfered six times. Still repeating the same story and requesting a new water heater. It's cold as it's late November. So we have to bathe for the next four days or until Sears decides to get a new water heater installed without hot water. What will it take a multi-billion company to replace a water heater that cost them a few hundred dollars? A lawsuit? Talking to press?

Without Hot Water,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the trouble you are going through with your water heater. I know it is difficult going through a few hours without hot water let alone the days you have lost. We are very sorry for the large inconvenience this has caused for you and your family. We realize hot water is essential during these colder winter months and year round. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers so we can find a remedy to this matter.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your water heater was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name and review number (Without Hot Water and 362061) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears Social Media Support

Review
#362061 Review #362061 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Sears Doesn't Stand Behind Products Sold on Their Website!

I ordered and paid $731.84 for what I thought was an iPad3 with Wi-Fi and 4G network from Sears.com. Surprisingly I received the iPad from a person in the Bronx, NY and the packing slip was from Amazon. I was told by Apple that I received an iPad2 with Wi-Fi only (without 4G). When I tried to contact Sears, they directed me to Amazon which showed no record of the sale. Amazon suggested I try a company called Idolian. After several days of what I will call "the runaround" from Idolian, I received a label to return. After returning the product, I was told by some person at Idolian that I could pay a 50% restocking fee (this is unrealistic) or they could return the iPad to me because it was what I ordered. Exchanging this product was not an option and now I'm out of $731.84 and stuck with an iPad I did not order! Sears never offered to facilitate a resolution or offer an exchange. This was not a cheap item and I can't believe Sears did not stand behind a product that was ordered from their website by Sears gift certificate! I hope everyone stops shopping at Sears! I thought Sears was a reputable company that stood behind their products, but I was wrong. Sears is totally "hands off" and has not offered a resolution!
Review
#362012 Review #362012 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears Online -- Bait and Switch

November 15 I ordered laptops online from Sears, received calls from their security folks to check my identity, received order confirmations with estimated shipping dates -- left town and did not check email until evening of November 18 and found that within 24 hours I had received emails telling me that some of my orders had been cancelled because I did not respond to security check emails although I had previously taken care of each and every one of them via phone call. Morning of Nov 19, talked to Sears customer service who apologized profusely, I replaced the orders, found that many of the items were out of stock, had to order substitutes that were less capable but more expensive, went through security check again -- all is well. Checked email on 20 November and two of the orders had been cancelled as "out of stock." Called Sears, went through rigamarole, got substitute items ready at greater cost, of course, but then the Sears credit card wouldn't go through as Sears had not really credited back by cancelled orders although the email from their SVP of Marketing said ""Your account has been promptly credited back." The operative word being HAS, but I found out that, according to Sears, HAS actually means 3-5 business days. The customer service folks have been very polite but all of them have told me that nothing can be done by anyone. Sears "managers" repeated this "nothing can be done" mantra and refused to let me speak to anyone higher than a call center supervisor although I explained to all of them that I had a deadline to meet. The laptops are intended for a school in Belize that a nonprofit has agreed to ship for no cost if I can get them delivered to the nonprofit by December 3, otherwise I have been quoted up to $4,900 for shipping. I called the number on the back of the Sears credit card and got the refunds credited back immediately. Had to go into a Sears store to verify my identity, had the associate order the substitute products (at much greater price), paid additional money to expedite shipping, went through security again with the associate looking at my identification, placed the orders, got a receipt, received an order confirmation but still have not recieved a shipping confirmation. To add insult to injury, I did receive two emails in response to my complaints -- the emails were not from the SVP that I had sent them to but were from staff saying: Thank you for contacting sears.com regarding your order number 429xxxx. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you are experiencing on your order, as it was canceled. I certainly empathize with the frustration this has caused to you. I understand your dis-satisfaction with us. I also understand that you have not received a refund yet. Per our records, a credit has been applied to your account on 11/21/2012, however it can take up to 3-5 business days for the refund to process and to reflect on your account. Please allow us with the required amount of time, so that we can assist you better. You will be able to view the refund within 11/29/2012. We know that your time is valuable and we appreciate the fact you took the time to give us feedback on our performance. The feedback that you have provided today regarding your recent experience with us, it will be taken into consideration as we continue to enhance our services to meet the needs of our customers going forward. We want to make you happy. Please take our survey to tell us how we're doing. " AND "Per our records with your last contact regarding the refund. A credit has been applied to your account on 11/21/2012 it will be credited to your account within 11/29/2012. We want to make you happy. Please take our survey to tell us how we're doing."
mbaisden

I thought I was finished with this nightmare but NO -- after receiving emails confirming that the last two orders had been cancelled and my account credited on December 6. Today, December 15, I received a notice that one of the cancelled orders had been shipped on December 14 and my account charged again. WTF. Should I be upset? Should I believe that this is a conspiracy to just *** me off because I bucked their system --

In the spirit of the holidays -- screw them -- I'm not going to pay them -- I'm going to let the government pay them since they would write the loss off against their taxes, ruin my credit, cause me to lose my income, etc., etc.

On second thought that would screw all of the 40% that pay taxes so that these *** can keep operating because it provides "jobs." I can't even find a lawyer, believe it or not, who is willing to sue them on contingency. What's America turning into -- oh, I remember now, the former Soviet Union and it's communist "allies" where you stood in line all day for a loaf of bread or a roll of toilet paper, where you got "free medical care" along with AIDs, where you waited ten years for a wooden car with a 2 cycle engine -- no choice of color or interior.

I went and had a cup of ersatz coffee, I'm calmer now -- Merry Christmas!

I'll start dealing with them on Monday but . . .

Mbaisden,

Please accept our apologies for the multiple difficulties you’ve experienced with the order you placed online with us. We certainly understand your concern with receiving your refund in a timely manner. We are so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We would like to follow up with you in regards to this.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your order was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (mbaisden) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears Social Media Support

View more comments (1)
Service
Sears Shipping Service

Sears in Seaford, Delaware - Black friday tv's

I go on black friday to get a tv stand in the line for over 2 hours to get it in the *** cold they were suppose to pass out tickets for the itmes 2 hours prior to 8pm they didnt then when they did it was 745 and only had 8 tvs...I mean come on you put a 900.00 tv on sale for 300.00 and you only have 8 tv's knowing there is gonna be more than 8 people to show up for it. Ill never go back they have some really PISSED people there...IT WAS NOT FAIR!!!!!

Anonymous,

Thanks for the feedback! Doorbusters, BOGO sales, are limited in quantity and due to great response; some items are no longer available. We appreciate your business.

Social Media Support

Well almost same story here. Waited 3 hours in line for tv. Had about 20 people ahead of me that had been waiting as well. The guy comes out started handing out tickets, would go down the line for everything. But when it came time for tv tickets, everyone from back if line ran to the front and were given the few tickets they had. No one that had been waiting in front received a ticket. The guy said" this is the American way, if you dont like it, you can choose not to shop in black friday!"

Well i said I thought the american way, was bein resepctful to others not cutting lines and doin things and handling business the way they did.

I will NEVER SHOP Sears or kmart(an affilate of theirs) again!!

Cablelas in other hand, knows how to give back to their customers and treat them. For the first 600 in line by 5 am, recieved a gift card. You at least walked away with $10 to spend. Some prizes were big ticket items, rifels, smoker or even $100 gift cards. The wait along with the staff of Cabelas, in Louisiana was extradiinary. They had hot coffee and chocolate they also passed out donuts to everyone. I was told (dont know how true) it didnt mattrer if you was 600 or more, if you was there you received a gift card. Thats what you call taking care of your customers.

If every store would offer a gift card, itll draw you in the store, even if you dont get that special item on sale. You may be tempted to buy something else.

@Anonymous

I was standing in line for hours to get in line and got the ticket. I was really happy that I got the ticket.

I rush to the cashier and bought my tv, so they don't sell to anyone.

Then I went for other shopping inside store, and then I went to pick up my TV and guess....THEY SOLD MY TV TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO DIDN'T HAD TICKET. I WAITED HOURS AND HORUS OUTSIDE IN COLD to get TV AND ALREADY PAID FOR THAT and they sold to someone else...now they are offering me crapy 47 and 46 tvs or money back....Is this legal?

View more comments (2)