Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears Sucks in Customer Service

I have never been so disappointed. I have always been a faithful Sears shopper for all of my appliances and big purchases. I purchased a refrigerator on Mon.-it couldn't be delivered until Wed- when it was set up, it did not work- I had to call out a service technician- it was determined that there was a freon leak. I had to go pick out another. Today is Saturday and it cannot be delivered until Wednesday AND they charged me another delivery fee. They could not even give me any type of discount and the manager was arrogant and obnoxious.My family has been without a refrigerator for over a week.By the time all is said and done, I will have had to *** 3 half days of work for delivery/service/redelivery. If I wasn't using my Sears card, I would definitely go somewhere else. What has happened to customer service or even basic consumer rights. It is not surprising to me that Sears is in financial trouble. This is not the Sears that I have known and loved all of these years.

Anonymous1930

Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you’ve encountered with your refrigerator. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We understand how inconvenient it is to purchase a refrigerator and having to wait for item to be redelivered due to Freon leaking. In addition, I am also sorry for the poor customer service that you received while trying to rectify this situation. We would like to contact you and further discuss your recent experience and see if there is anything we can do to make this right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous1930) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Media Support

yj

jy

View more comments (2)
Sears Delivery Service
'Tis the season where the retail frenzy along with the cold starts. I witnessed an employee of Sears who was obviously sick with the cold, sniffing, blowing their nose often and stuffy tried to ask to go home because of the cold. This person had the cold so bad...

My son is being threatened to be terminated because he got trapped by flooded waterway that is not safe to cross. I cant get home because of the waterway. Sears does not care.

View more comments
With Official Company Response

SEARS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - DO NOT SUPPORT!

Discarded used gift card only to find out Sears cancelled a potion of the order I used the gift card for. Gift card was then refunded, but I no longer have the gift card. I been trying to get answers from Sears for several weeks and all I get is SOP messages from their horrible customer service. Just purchased a new home and I have lots of items I need to purchase for it. Sears was going to be my go-to store...NOT anymore. I have never received such horrible customer service. SO disappointing and I still have not received my refund!!!

Cruali3223,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the frustrating time you are having with your purchase. I can understand your concern surrounding your refund and the discarded gift card. I know no one is anticipating their order will be cancelled and keeping a used gift card is the last thing on their mind. I would like to get you in contact with a member of our team to get you the help you need. I assure you we can remedy this matter to your satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be troubled by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your order was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cruali3223) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears in Smyrna, Georgia - Sear delivered broken merchandise

Sear sent a broken box when opened the computer had a crack on the plastic around screen. When I checked the specs they sent me the incorrect computer with less processor speed and half of the harddrive. Called customer service was on the phone for 2 hrs first they said the web page must have an error and if I want the computer I order with the correct specs I would have to pay the extra amout after they credit me back mymoney when they get the broken computer now I have to wait 2 weeks to see what happens

Sears, Shoddy appliance, Shoddy service, Shoddy parts

For forty years I owned Kenmore appliances purchased from Sears. They worked well without problems but eventually needed replacement. Since my experience with the Kenmore products was so good I replaced my Dryer, Washing machine and refrigerator with new Kenmore appliances. Just after the dryer was 1 year old and past the warranty, the timer switch broke. I replaced it with an expensive part and that broke within 4 months. Sears would not take it back and so an electrician jury rigged a switch that works but looks awkward. The refrigerator drawers slide on a plastic guide. It snapped at the place where it hooks into the shelf. A replacement piece of plastic cost more than $50. The drawers do slide but with difficulty. When I went into Sears to complain about the awkwardness of the piece they said it is made in China and they had no control over it. I could purchase another one for an additional $50 but it would not work any better. They would not take back the original part. Now my washing machine has stopped. The problem is the timer control which lets water in and then turns on the mechanism. It is past the warranty so I purchased a new one at the store in St. Johnsbury, Vermont for $164.42. When the repair man came to put it in he found the part was faulty. It will fill the tub but won't move on to start the washing cycle, Today I took it back to the store in St. Johnsbury. The sales clerk said that since they ordered it on line I had to return it on line. I tried to do that unsuccessfully. They gave me 3 phone numbers. I called each of them; One was a computer generated voice that wanted me to shop a Sears sale for new appliances. I could not get a human. One was a human who had no authority to take back the part. The last was a lovely polite woman with minimal English who said yes of course she would help me then hung up without getting my name or phone number. When I called back it happened three more times. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN and I hope any readers will be very very wary of shopping with them.

I went to the auto center for sears in plattsburgh. The manager bruce furnia is really rude.

I asked for help and he said it wasnt his job to help me. I also heard is workers say he is lucky if he works 25 hours a week.

I also watched him walk to the front and take cash out of the register and look at his workers and say he deserved this money because he had to go to vermont for work. I do not think that is right that he steals from the company like that.

EROBBINS,

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. We are truly sorry to hear about all of the appliance troubles that you have had recently. I can certainly understand your frustration with these items failing shortly after the warranty period expiring and having to pick up the cost for repairs. In addition, your aggravation for the level of service that you have received upon calling in for assistance is absolutely understandable.

Understanding that we let you down with your recent appliance needs, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and be your one point of contact within Sears to ensure that your appliance needs are met to your complete satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (EROBBINS) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.

Sears Customer Service Gets an ***

Purchased washer for family member. First, delivery man calls and asks for a five rating before even delivering washer. Family member was having problems with washer on 11/3/2012 day of delivery. I spent three hours on the phone getting transferred, hung up on and waiting half an hour to get some out to take care of problem. Repair man shows up, hoses not connected properly. Washer is kenmoore top loader. Still having problems with washer. Called on 11/6 to have washer picked up and returned. Spoke with three different people in three different depts. Sydney stated I would get an email for pick up. No email. Called customer care. Was told nothing in system. Great, starting over again. So pissed off I called corporate and asked to speak with ceo office, Yeah, she was really concerned, Not! Sears has too many departments, to many inept employees, too many rude employees and I doubt the ceo could give a rats ***! My advice, if you have a complaint call this number ( 847) 286-2500 and ask for the ceo's office. Maybe, just maybe he will get a clue. Oh and here is the kicker. I get a call to rate the delivery person. Gave mostly ones and a few twos. Get a call as to why I gave a low score. Need I say More!
ambitious1535

Sears has had so many problems with delivery and basic hook-ups that in many areas they refuse to do it and/or charge a seperate fee for a sub contractor to comeout and do it. If they charged you or promised a hook up hold them to it.

Or get a full refund. To me the email to inform you of the pick up time is a red flag because more than likely that's a computer generated time which means another service ticket that can get lost in the shuffle.

Also the begging for a perfect survey score is nothing new at Sears, that's why service stinks because they are using contrived date/inflated scores to plan their systems and processes. At least let the Better Business Bureau know about your troubles.

Sears Repair
Tags
  • repair man
  • family member

Sears.com Fraudulent Practices.

To Whom it May Concern: I just finished yet another frustrating conversation with the Sears fulfillment center which has left me more frustrated than words could possibly capture. I apologize in advance for the tone of my communication but I felt the most senior leader of a retail organization would like to know just how poorly it's fulfillment center is executing order management. As of today, November 8, 2012, Sears has fraudulently held $1716.65 of my money despite the fact that it admittedly has never delivered the purchased merchandise. My ordeal began on October 6th when my wife found a sofa and love seat while shopping online that she wanted to purchased to accommodate guests in our family room. She was intending to purchase from HomeClick.com however based on my past experiences with Sears (purchased Stainless Steel LG fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave and vacuum cleaner over the past 8 months). And my satisfaction with its service I was more inclined to pay the additional $200 in price to have peace of mind knowing Sears was the merchant. I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only did I pay $200 more than I could've for the same furniture I've been defrauded. Sears has never shipped the merchandised despite having taken my $1716.65. These items were desperately needed by 10/22 and despite Sears promise to make that date nothing delivered on 10/22, 10/23 or 10/24… Finally I had to go purchase furniture locally to accommodate my guests spending an additional $2500 unplanned and still out the $1716.65 Sears is holding for furniture it failed to ship. After several phone calls and promises of escalation when the order wasn't received on 10/22 I called again on Thursday, 10/25 and spoke with Gladine (associate number 718394) who quite frankly was the only person that offered any form of reassurances that Sears would actually try to resolve the issue. Gladine made several calls and determined that Del Mar was the shipper. After speaking with all of the parties she concluded that nothing could be located as shipped/in route and reassured me that DESPITE the fact that the status says DELIVERED on my order account it does not show delivered on Sears systems and therefore she knows something isn't right. She placed me on hold several times before finally coming back and confirming that the order would be cancelled. Gladine should be commended for handling the situation with the urgency that no other Sears.com associate had demonstrated on any of my SEVERAL previous calls. Gladine told me it was take approximately 24 hours for the cancellation to post and 5-7 days for the funds to be refunded. Following Gladine's expectation of 24 hours I checked back on Friday and the status still shows delivered and not cancelled. I checked again, Saturday and Sunday and the status had not changed. I checked again, Monday, October 29th only to learn that the order is still in limbo, I was placed on hold at least 3-4 times similar to the way it was handled on previous calls only this time the young man that initiated the call handling was replaced by a lady named "Latishia" I believe. She told me they would have to contact the shipper "Del Mar" (which I told her I Gladine did on Thursday as well) and after she had the shipper reject the order she would be able to process the refund. On October 30th I received the attached email from Montes R (sreddy1), Sears Customer Care. The note basically said we understand and give Sears 5-7 business days to contact me by email. I waited the 7 business days and called to follow-up today despite the fact Sears was supposed to call me. I spoke with yet another very pleasant lady that put me on hold several times only to come back and confirm what I knew from previous discussions with Sears: The tracking number on the order (66A8699935468) is incorrect and is not for UPS Del Mar has no record of the item or the order (contrary to what I had been told on previous calls when delivery assurance were given the furniture would arrive by 10/22). Sears shows the order as complete even after knowing very well the order was never processed beyond taking my money. She repeated what everyone has told me at this point which is she will cancel the order and I will have a refund in 5-7 days. I have no faith any of this is going to happen and since the routine has become so consistent I have no faith but to believe this is a systemic and intentional attempt by Sears to defraud customers. Sears knows it sold non-existent furniture and took money for a product I don't believe it ever intended to deliver. It advertised the item on it's website and continues to do so as evidenced by today's visit to Sears.com. I do not believe leadership at an organization as large as Sears is aware of the practices taking place in the business units but I sincerely believe you have a fraud ring of some sort operating within your online department. Having read the reviews for your sears.com customer service I have to believe someone within Sears is aware at some level but I'm hoping this is news to you so you can address the problem and reduce your own liabilities as well as hand this off to the right people so I can be refunded my $1716.65. I was a bit upset when I typed this so please excuse any spelling or typographical errors. Thanks for your time and consideration.
ambitious1535

Another example of the shell of a company that actually gave good customer service. The reason your order showed delivered is that someone wanted to make sure they go credit for a completed order/delivery.

In many companies including Sears employees who *** a delivery or fail to meet a quota get gigged.

Also inform your credit card company if not Sears. Actually since Sears does not own their credit card and are so screwed up they might help you as well.

Notify the Better Business Bureau of your experience. Also notify Federalcredit card regulators like the Federal Trade Commission and any politician on a banking/credit card committee in congress.

SDMATHISIII,

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. I would first like to start by expressing our sincerest apologies for all of the trouble that you have had since making the initial purchase of the furniture. I can certainly understand your frustration with not having received your purchase in the timely manner that you anticipated as you made the order needing the furniture for your company that was coming in. In addition, your aggravation and disappointment with being told multiple times by multiple representatives that your order would be cancelled and the refund would be processed is certainly understandable and I too would be skeptical with regard to this situation.

We recognize that we have let you down in regards to your furniture purchase and we are truly sorry for that. With this in mind, as a valued and longtime Sears’ customer, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this situation and take over this matter to ensure that your refund is processed in a timely manner.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (SDMATHISIII) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.

With Official Company Response

Another victim of Sears. $180 Gone. Nothing in Return.

Basically the same exact complaint as #357100. Sears changed me $180 for an air-conditioner that was not shipped, picked-up or otherwise received. Order was cancelled when the promise of it being in stock was found to be false. Sears acknowledges that they owe me a refund, say they are issuing a refund but here it is 4 months later and still nothing. Contacted customer supported on many occasions and just get empty promises about how they are processing my refund. I have had this conversation with them time after time after time and each time I get promised or lied to about how they are processing my refund. I have have finally arrived at the conclusion that sears are simply intent on stealing my money and do not wish to return it. The fact that Sears charges you before ever shipping a product which no other companies I deal with on-line do (they charge you when they ship the product, not before) tells me they are something is going on and it's not good. I hope you are happy Sears. Was it worth it? You will no longer get my business. I am done. - 25 year customer.

To phaceit,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, first and foremost we would like to apologize for the problems you have had with your online purchase, return and now the refund. I can only imagine how aggravating this must be. We can certainly understand you frustrations with this issue and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with your further. It is our goal at Sears to provide our customers with the highest quality of customer service. I am sorry that we disappointed you. Since apologies don’t resolve your problems at your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the air conditioner was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (phaceit) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

With Official Company Response

Sears- difficult to exchange defective refrig and without a restocking chg

My parents bought my family a Sears Kenmore Bottom Freezer on 9/16/12. We had it delivered on Oct 4th after I moved in. The bottom freezer door never fully shuts and I have lost freezer contents 2x.I tried contacting customer service Oct 29Th-31st via phone. Once reaching a live agent, I was told to call back later as their computer were down. I called back November 2ND and after a 30 minute phone call of being transferred to several departments- they offered to exchange the refrigerator once they determined that proper leveling had been done. Tuesday November 6Th they tried to make the exchange and my father was here. When we checked the new refrigerator, the bottom freezer door did the same thing. My dad tried calling customer service last pm and they would not talk to him,as it was my name on the paperwork. He went into Park City Mall here in Lancaster, PA and talked to the Assist Store Manager who said this must be dealt with over the phone. My parents would like to exchange it for a Whirlpool from within the store. The sore assistant manager has offered to give my dad a 25% discount, but nobody on the customer service end seems to understand ANYTHING that has taken place over the phone, and they want to charge my parents a 15% restocking fee for a defective appliance.

thank you to sears social media for reading and trying to help others issues,

proves that sears can still help others

Dear smatt83,

Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the difficulties you have experienced with the exchange of your refrigerator. I came across your post today and wanted to offer some assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I understand how frustrating it is to purchase a refrigerator and the freezer not shut properly. Even more, I can see how disappointing it is to exchange the refrigerator and the same issue still occurs with the freezer. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to speak to you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (smatt83) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Sears Social Media Support Team

With Official Company Response

Sears in Rome, Georgia - Worse Customer Service Imagineable....completely outsourced!!!

I waited for appliances ordered from Sears for 3 months. If that werent bad enough when I got mad enough to cancel my order the associates were rude and unwilling to help me. We had financed the appliances on Sears Mastercard and now are having to deal with getting the charges removed from the card. Everytime we call sears I get someone from another country. It is impossible to understand them. The company customer service is obviously overseas and every service such as delivery and repair is subcontracted out. Sears portrays itself as an "American Company" but Ive talked to customer service everywhere accept America! None of the departments communicate with each other so we get a different story every time we call about our situation. This has been the worse experience I have ever had with a company and will never buy from Sears again. I called another company locally and had my appliances in 1 week!

Dear Anonymous357474,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We are truly sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing with receiving your refund from Citibank. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our stores do not outline the credit rules and guidelines and may not have even been aware of the account details. If you’d like our assistance with CitiBank, who handle all of Sears’ credit and financial matters, we'd be more than happy to offer our assistance and help resolve this situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous357474) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.