Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Another victim of Sears. $180 Gone. Nothing in Return.

Basically the same exact complaint as #357100. Sears changed me $180 for an air-conditioner that was not shipped, picked-up or otherwise received. Order was cancelled when the promise of it being in stock was found to be false. Sears acknowledges that they owe me a refund, say they are issuing a refund but here it is 4 months later and still nothing. Contacted customer supported on many occasions and just get empty promises about how they are processing my refund. I have had this conversation with them time after time after time and each time I get promised or lied to about how they are processing my refund. I have have finally arrived at the conclusion that sears are simply intent on stealing my money and do not wish to return it. The fact that Sears charges you before ever shipping a product which no other companies I deal with on-line do (they charge you when they ship the product, not before) tells me they are something is going on and it's not good. I hope you are happy Sears. Was it worth it? You will no longer get my business. I am done. - 25 year customer.

To phaceit,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, first and foremost we would like to apologize for the problems you have had with your online purchase, return and now the refund. I can only imagine how aggravating this must be. We can certainly understand you frustrations with this issue and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with your further. It is our goal at Sears to provide our customers with the highest quality of customer service. I am sorry that we disappointed you. Since apologies don’t resolve your problems at your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the air conditioner was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (phaceit) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Loss

Sears- difficult to exchange defective refrig and without a restocking chg

My parents bought my family a Sears Kenmore Bottom Freezer on 9/16/12. We had it delivered on Oct 4th after I moved in. The bottom freezer door never fully shuts and I have lost freezer contents 2x.I tried contacting customer service Oct 29Th-31st via phone. Once reaching a live agent, I was told to call back later as their computer were down. I called back November 2ND and after a 30 minute phone call of being transferred to several departments- they offered to exchange the refrigerator once they determined that proper leveling had been done. Tuesday November 6Th they tried to make the exchange and my father was here. When we checked the new refrigerator, the bottom freezer door did the same thing. My dad tried calling customer service last pm and they would not talk to him,as it was my name on the paperwork. He went into Park City Mall here in Lancaster, PA and talked to the Assist Store Manager who said this must be dealt with over the phone. My parents would like to exchange it for a Whirlpool from within the store. The sore assistant manager has offered to give my dad a 25% discount, but nobody on the customer service end seems to understand ANYTHING that has taken place over the phone, and they want to charge my parents a 15% restocking fee for a defective appliance.

thank you to sears social media for reading and trying to help others issues,

proves that sears can still help others

Dear smatt83,

Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the difficulties you have experienced with the exchange of your refrigerator. I came across your post today and wanted to offer some assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I understand how frustrating it is to purchase a refrigerator and the freezer not shut properly. Even more, I can see how disappointing it is to exchange the refrigerator and the same issue still occurs with the freezer. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to speak to you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (smatt83) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Sears Social Media Support Team

View more comments (1)
Loss

Sears review in Rome, Georgia: Worse Customer Service Imagineable....completely outsourced!!!

I waited for appliances ordered from Sears for 3 months. If that werent bad enough when I got mad enough to cancel my order the associates were rude and unwilling to help me. We had financed the appliances on Sears Mastercard and now are having to deal with getting the charges removed from the card. Everytime we call sears I get someone from another country. It is impossible to understand them. The company customer service is obviously overseas and every service such as delivery and repair is subcontracted out. Sears portrays itself as an "American Company" but Ive talked to customer service everywhere accept America! None of the departments communicate with each other so we get a different story every time we call about our situation. This has been the worse experience I have ever had with a company and will never buy from Sears again. I called another company locally and had my appliances in 1 week!

Dear Anonymous357474,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We are truly sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing with receiving your refund from Citibank. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our stores do not outline the credit rules and guidelines and may not have even been aware of the account details. If you’d like our assistance with CitiBank, who handle all of Sears’ credit and financial matters, we'd be more than happy to offer our assistance and help resolve this situation.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Anonymous357474) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Service
Sears Repair

Don't Buy Sears Craftsman 19.2 v tools- overheating batteries

purchased a repalcement 19.32 v battery for my 19.2 v tool set OCt 2012. placed the new battery in a drill that had less than one hour run time on it. battery got so hot had to use a glove to get it off. took it back with in one hour to the Tulsa Sears store and handed the hot battery to the clerk. yes they refunded my money, but the battery fried my good drill. manager refused to replace the drill that the battery fried. the 1-800 number folks just said we have no contract on the drill to replace it. i've tried calling the Craftsman 1-800 but they don't answer. Sears said batteries are accessories and can't be held liable for damage to the drill. Sears just doesn't make good products anymore. i would have been happy if they just replaced my drill like Lowes or HD would have. for $29.95 they have finally lost me as a customer.
Loss

Sears Horrible company!! Do not shop!!!

After purchasing many thousands of dollars of things from sears I have made the decision to stop doing so and suggest everyone not shop! It all started when my year old lawn mower acted up, after there months omit being ino the repair shop they have deemed it unrepairable. I asked for a similar model and was told we don't offer one anymore with the 3 things that made me purchase a lawn mower there, many stores have the ones need but they will not transfer it to me the manager at the store says it is a waste of her time! The store in Gainesville,GA is the worst sears ever and dirtiest store I have ever been in. After calling the 1800 number and being on the phone for 3 hours the nasty lady on the other end told me "well if you don't like it we will just keep the money and you can have no mower, its just a mower sir there are more important things in life."no offer for assistance or anything, I have no options but to get a mower I dont want and then sell it to buy one from a real store. Sears is horrible and what is with all the 100% satisfaction signs in the store? It's a lie just like all the people who work in there call centers. Been promised so many things only to be told well that guy was wrong or such. Sears needs to learn some customer service or save everyone the hassle and just close your doors for good.

Erict0012,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support team. We wanted to reach out to you and offer our assistance. We are very sorry for the frustration the repair and replacement of your mower has caused you. I certainly understand your disappointment with the current outcome. We are dismayed to learn of the poor experience you had with us via telephone! We can assure you this is not the level of service we provide. We appreciate the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you with possible options to resolve this matter.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be troubled by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the lawnmower was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Erict0012) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Loss

Sears essentially has stolen my money

Placed an order online. The "cart" had an error in the math. Called to correct, was told the only option was to cancel the order. I canceled the order approximately 5 minutes after it had been placed. Sears then charged me for the item anyway. I've been told it will be "3-5 days" while they "investigate." They agree there was no order, they agree they charged me for it (via PayPal), they agree I am owed a refund -- what's to investigate? They won't even guarantee I will get the refund until they "investigate." Keeping my money with the full knowledge that it is not theirs is the equivalent of theft.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. Once an online order has been processed the funds are taken from the account associated with that purchase. No matter how soon the order is canceled the funds would still have to go through a refund process, which could take up to 5 days. We understand how discouraging this kind of unfortunate setback has to be for you, and we would like to work on your behalf to ensure that everything is being done to get this credit to you as quickly as possible.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the online order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous 357100) I have created for you, for reference to our issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

Sears review in Bellevue, Washington: Sevice Agreement is a waste of money

We purchased a service agreement for our GE range. It took a week for them to just come and look at it, then they had to order a part and said they couldn't come back for another 3 weeks. I waited the 3 weeks and they were supposed to come between 1pm and 5pm on Nov. 3rd, I got an automated call at 3:30pm saying that I should call Sears. I called Sears and they said they have to cancel my appointment and their next available appointment was 4 weeks away!!! First, they don't even have the decency to have an actual person call me and then they expect me to wait another 4 weeks, that means I would be without an oven for 2 months because of their slow service. I was furious and demanded a refund, they said they would refund $125 of the $260 I paid. I wouldn't accept that so they said they would have someone out here to fix it on Nov. 12th (we'll see if they actually show up, my hopes are not high) but they had already refunded me the $125 so now they had to charge me another $125. The second charge came out of my bank account immediately but I have yet to see the refund. I am appalled at the way Sears treats their customers. We are a military family on a tight budget and Sears has taken our money without providing us with a service. I will never, ever, ever shop at Sears again. I would rather pay 10x more at another store than to put up with Sears horrible service.

Pickapurse,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support team. Please accept our apologies for the trouble you ran into with the appointment for you range. We certainly understand it important to have a properly working range within the home and are very sorry for any inconvenience you’ve encountered due to the rescheduling. I would like a member of our team to follow up with you to learn more of your situation and find a way to be of assistance.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be troubled by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (pickapurse) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears

sears makes screws employees by changing the health care. We use to pay 500 dollars month for insurance for four people and now to get the same coverage we would pay 1100. month. I cant believe that a company as big as sears would treat their employees like this when they know how much people are hurting right now. They keep on changing things for the worse and you want good employees and faithfull employees you have to treat them well. You can only treat employees bad for so long before you get a bad reputation and nobody good wants to work for you. You get what you pay for.
experiment1195

The hedgefund manager running Sears is winding down the physical store aspect of the business. The intended purpose of the benefit plans and pay are to make the employee quit.

The benefit package is not intended to retain good employees or incentivize newer employees to stay.

The new health plan is designed to make the employee absorb the cost of what should be an employer provided benefit. Sears and the hedgefund manager are becoming a welfare case because it will take public money to support and staff his stores.

This is not the only thing deteriorating about Sears. Now that the holiday season is around the corner, no one can go home sick.

An employee I know very well in Farmington has a bad cold and fellow associates are avoiding this person all day. Customers don't like working with an associate with an obvious cold either. But when asked, the department supervisor said "NO".

So now you are expected to work sick and get your fellow workers and customers all sick. Nice of Sears.

View more comments (1)
Review

SEARS THE WORST APPLIANCES AND SERVICE?

SEARS MAY BE THE WORST APPLIANCE SOURCE? -2 appliance purchases within last 15 months (dishwasher, refrigerator) -Multiple failures on each -3x same problem with Dishwasher, still not repaired -long wait time for service tech (1-2 weeks each repair), total wait time 5 weeks in past 3 months -without use of Dishwasher for 5 weeks in past 3 months -Repairs failed first time on both Refrig (Samsung) and dishwasher (Kenmore) -Repairs failed second time on dishwasher, third time tech came and did not have replacement part (fuse), even though the it was the same part as past two repairs! -Phone reps are a brick wall, and have no capacity to deviate from script when providing customer service. If it ain't in the warranty contract, sorry Charlie! -No response from email to corporate headquarters (this was the ONLY way to escalate beyond standard customer service rep) -Sears processes, procedures, and personnel associated with Customer Service may very well be the worst you will ever experience. -Sears refrigerator and dishwasher are borderline Lemons, and Sears doesn't seem to care. NET: APPLIANCES DON'T WORK AND SERVICE IS SLOW AND INEFFECTIVE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PRODUCT QUALITY/RELIABILITY AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, LOOK ELSEWHERE.

I have been on hold for one hour with SEARS Service waiting for a supervisor to speak with me as to why i am required to pay a Service Call fee of $79 to replace an electronic control panel that is under warranty and has to be replaced again!!!

Customer Service...... Two very simple words that "SEARS" does not understand.

After seeing all the negative posts on the web, it is amazing they have lasted this long....

This experience is worse than the last time which was terrible at best.

Elizabeth R

Don't buy refrigerators, dryers or washing machines. I have all three and all three have had big expensive repairs that incurred just after warrantees expired.

Parts purchased for repairs came in faulty and they won't take them back. I need a new washing machine after 1 12/ years and the dryer is working with jury rigged switches. Nobody human will talk to you on the phone about the problems.

They put you on hold for up to 20 minutes and then a worker who barely speaks English says we will get back to you and hangs up. I will never buy anything from them again

Dear wittville,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your dishwasher and refrigerator. We understand the importance of both the dishwasher and refrigerator in the family household and would like to look further into what has happen surrounding this service orders and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made and to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that dishwasher and refrigerator were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (wittville) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team.

View more comments (2)
Service
Sears Repair
Loss
I have been trying for no less than six months to get my dryer fixed. You have sent out a technician six times to fix the same problem. I still have a broken dryer. My wife is extremely stressed because this is causing a huge issue with keeping our children's clothes...
Sears Response

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. I would like to start by offering our sincerest apologies for all of the frustration and inconvenience that this has caused your family, especially your wife. I can certainly understand your aggravation with the situation given that you have been away bravely serving our country while your wife is at home dealing with the dryer issues. Furthermore, the frustration with the continued dryer failures is certainly understandable.

We recognize that we have not lived up to the expectations that are set and apologize for that. We truly value you all as Sears customer’s and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you all regarding this matter and be your one point of contact within Sears to ensure that this matter is resolved to complete satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (356501) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.