Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

SEARS ~ their customer service just gets worse

Last week I posted about 2 appliances (one a Kenmore refrigerator the other a Frigidaire wall oven) I purchased from SEARS, both of which were not working correctly within 3 days of delivery (refrigerator) or at time of installation (wall oven). After posting I was contacted by the SEARS Social Media team and then routed to the "SEARS Cares Team". I was assigned a "case number" and a "case worker' (Shannon R.). Funny thing, a few days later the refrigerator malfunctioned with a DIFFERENT problem and so far I have called my "case worker" (Shannon R.) twice and sent emails twice, one of which I copied to the original contact from the SEARS Social Media team (Misty). Nothing, nada, no response, nilch. I have asked that the refrigerator either be replaced or picked up and my money refunded. Nothing, nada, no response. Guess SEARS really doesn't "value me as a customer" (their words in their form letter email) or want to "assure my experience has been to my satisfaction", again their words. I have spent hours and hours dealing with repair techs and on the phone or computer trying to get some help. SEARS really does care~but not about their customer. They are just concerned about bad press. DON'T DEAL WITH SEARS, YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID. I certainly am. Now if I can just figure out how to get this lemon out of my house and my money back so I can move on. Never again. PS As I write am waiting on the repair tech for the oven (2nd visit). Wonder how that will turn out.

Sears in Los Angeles, California - Bad product-worse service

Bought a freezer at Sears just over a year ago. Stocked it with meat and it stopped working without kicking a breaker and it badly overheated and spoiled all the meat inside which was more valuable than the freezer. Sears will not allow me to drop it off for repair, rather insist I wait home for some one to charge me $75.00 to look at it. On top of that I would have to pay for repair. In summary: $400.00 to buy freezer-$500 to $600 worth of spoiled meat- $75.00 to look at it then $? to repair. Do not under any circumstances pay a premium to buy Kenmore. It is of poor quality and they offer no drop off to repair. Instead they offer 3rd party people to charge unfairly without any recourse.

I just replaced my nightmare Kenmore frig with a new one 10 months ago. It is already broken and they can not someone out for a month. SEARS has the worst customer service ever and even worst products!!!!!!

Dear rtootell,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your freezer failing without tripping the breaker or giving you any advance warning. We certainly understand your frustration with your freezer overheating and losing so much meat in the process. This freezer failure would also upset me after putting so much valuable meat in it and not having any advance warning that the freezer was overheating. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation further and offer the assistance of one of our case managers who can give you specific information on Sears' policy regarding the need for a technician to come to your home to diagnosis the reason for the freezer failure. Our case manager will also inform you of any other offers they can provide to help with this situation. We value your business very much and want to help any way we can.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I have forwarded your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. Again, please accept our apology for the problems you have encountered with your freezer. If you need to refer to this case, please use screen name (rtootell), for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Susan R.

Sears CEO Mr. D'Ambrosio - Worst customer Service experience of a life time

In July I purchased a fridge, range, washer and dryer all at Sears on the same day in one transaction and opened a Sears card. The delivery date the sales person gave me was 8/1. Nothing arrived that day I called the store and was told it was coming on 8/8/2012. On 8/8 the fridge, range and washer arrived, but there was no dryer. I called the store to find out when it was coming and they could not tell me. After various trips to the store and phone calls, I was continuously told there was no system or the warehouse could not be reached. Finally I called the complaint line 8/29 and the person who attended me told me there was a scheduled delivery for 8/31. I received a phone call the next day from Sears confirming they would be delivering the dryer the next day. After waiting the whole day and calling the store to find out when to expect the delivery guys, I receive a phone call at 4 pm from Sears telling me there must have been a problem with their system because they didn't have the dryer and it was not going to be delivered. I went to the store the next day and was told they could not help me and to come back on Monday. I spend a large portion of my Labor Day holiday at the Sears store while the sales clerk took care of other people while she was waiting for an email from her manager who was at an "off site meeting". I left and came back a little while later and she told me she was going to proceed with an exchange for a different washer dryer set. However the only other washer dryer set that came in the same color was also out of stock and she could not exchange it for anything else other then Kenmore, even though those were in stock. She told me to call back the next day when the manager was in so she could explain the situation to her. She called ma back to offer a different set and color which I had already explained that I specifically purchased the color I had for a reason as it matched the house. Then she offered me the same 15% discount on other brands but I would have to pay the difference, which is unacceptable, I did not cause this situation. She also told me that they had verified with the consumer protection agancy just to make sure they were offering something "acceptable" and told me I should call them also to verify. I called the complaint line back. The girl who attended the call told me to stop being so nice at the store, get my money back and go elsewhere since they couldn't do anything for me. I insisted that there was already an existing complaint that I had logged the week before then she looked up my account and said that she was escalating and to wait 24 to 48 hours for a response. I waited a week and received no response what so ever from anyone at Sears. I then sent an email through the website, because the hotline had closed for the day, and also received no response. I called the line back during my work hours and spent 1.5 hours on the phone, was passed between 4 different people and departments, the majority of the time spent on hold for the last person attending me to tell me that she couldn't transfer me to the other department since they had just closed for the day. One of those people cancelled my order for the dryer without my consent to refund the purchased amount and transferred me to the website people who offered the same 15% the store had 2 weeks ago. I have spent hours trying to work with Sears on a resolution, I purchase the washer/dryer set in July and have receive absolutely no actual assistance or commitment from anyone at Sears to resolve my case. I have lost days of work, money on gas to go to the store, have not moved into my new house all because Sears could care less if they deliver what you purchase as long as they make that sale. I have told the various people that I have spoken with from Sears that all I would like is a washer dryer set that is relatively the same color of the one I purchased. However since it appears now that they no longer have the same color, and do have sets of a similar color, but they are more expensive and I would have to pay the difference. I am not paying extra for an error that Sears made. Since it looks like I will not get anywhere with this issues, I would like to return all the appliances and never step foot in another sears store again (or any other related stores like Kmart). It is obvious that Sears would rather save a few hundred dollars and turn a customer away then turn a very bad experience around and safe a lifetime customer. I grew up with Kenmore appliances and my family has always shopped at Sears but obviously that means nothing any more. I will also be cancelling my Sears card since I won't be using it after this fiasco and so will my father after this and he's been a member since 88. Glad I haven't purchased the dining room set and bedroom set that I was planning on. I still need a lot of things for the new house that I was planning on getting them from Sears, but after this I would rather go somewhere else and pay more for better customer service and actually get what I purchased.

Dear Ms. Perez,

We are truly sorry for the difficulties you have experienced receiving your dryer in the color specified in your original order. With all the items that you purchased, we can understand your frustration and disappointment with not receiving the dryer that you ordered. I would certainly be upset with all the time and money that had been spent not to get the dryer I ordered. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this issue further and offer our assistance to help resolve your situation. We value your business very much and want to help turn this frustrating situation around.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Jennifer Perez) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Loss

Scamed by SEARS for $7000.

In Aug 2012 I was getting estimates to replace the roof on my duplex at 24 Alameda Dr. 4-5 professional roofing companies all gave me bid for less then $7000. So why did SEARS after also looking at the property quote me $15,000. but if I'd sign today it would only be $14,000. !! . Yes, for the same job. Because they were trying to SCAM me out of an extra $7000. For a commission?? Sears commission for MORE than a fair market price for the entire refoofing job .This DID happen to me. Americans scamming fellow Americans makes for a weaker country and Patriotism is not just for hillbilly rubes.I can mail you copies of the quotes. SHAME on sears.

Sears Warranty Service

Update by user Jul 13, 2015

I have ordered the part to fix my zero turn from a local vendor. I will have the part by this Wednesday.

I will be telling SEARS that I want my money I paid for the warranty returned to me.

All of us affected by SEARS untimely and lack of service should do the same. Tell them there are other alternatives for repair and tell them we want out money back!

Original review posted by user Sep 12, 2012

Called August 30th to order a part under my warranty. Waited until September 11th did not receive part. Called Sears was told it had not been ordered. They assured me that now it was. Today my mower deck spindle actually blew up scattering parts and scalping the lawn. I called Sears to ask that the both spindles be replaced and find that they had not sent out any parts yet because they said they had no record of my call. I could have been hurt by the spindle parts flying around. Finally they say the spindles are ordered after my third call. This is terrible service after paying over 600.00 for a service contract. Plus the fact I am lucky I did not get injured!
arty

I was contacted by an account executive from Sears. He worked on my behalf and the parts were ordered and have been received and installed.

He assured me that they would look into why I was told different stories and why my calls were not acted upon.

I now have the use of my zero turn again and have been assured this will not happen in the future. Thanks to Sears for quick action!

@arty

arty,

There is a very aggressive attorney led movement brewing against Sears write to searsautoservice.class.action@gmail.com

hope to hear your story soon!

Sears Response

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. We would like to take this opportunity to express our deepest apologies for the troubles that you are having with your mower. I can certainly understand your frustration with having to wait such an extended time to get your mower repaired. Furthermore, the aggravation with being told different stories concerning the part status is certainly understandable.

As a valued Sears’ customer, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further and work on your behalf to ensure that this matter is resolved to your complete satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (arty) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.

View more comments (2)
Reason of review
Not Happy!

Sears in Grawn, Michigan - Craftsman mower piece of junk.

I purchased a craftsman riding lawnmower in April of 2011. We used the lawnmower for two months before the end I summer. Due to the extreme drought we used the mower for the first time last week and the mower stopped working in the middle of mowing. When sears came out to repair it we were told the transmission was completely out ofI the mower. This is a product that Should last more than two months and carries the craftsman name. I have recently researched this mower and found the mowers themselves have lots of issues and will undergo multiple repair. I have spoke to multiple representatives whom all refer me to send a letter to a mail stop in Chicago. I see this as a way of blowin me off. I spent $1000.00 on this mower and expect the quality I paid for. The quality of a craftsman. If this situation is not rectified I will never purchase anything from sears again. No one can make the decision to give me in store credit so I can purchase a rider with better reviews. Tired of the run arounds!!
arty

I have to agree with you! I have a zero turn bought in March this year, now the spindle has blown up, I am lucky I did not get seriously injured.

I have had to call Sears warranty 3 times and am not sure if they will get the parts shipped out to me. The first two calls they assured me they would get shipped but it didn't happen.

I too will NEVER buy anything from Sears again. Spent over $3000.00 for this machine and warranty.

My name is Misty and I am part of the Social Media Support team and I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. We are terribly sorry to hear that your mower has failed to meet your expectations and for any inconvenience this situation has caused you. We would like to contact you about this issue and help make this right on your behalf.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can get to the bottom of this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Dahomas) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.

Social Media Support Team

Sears in Seattle, Washington - No replacement for damaged merchandise

Ordered outdoor furniture, received 4 of 5 pieces, 5th piece returned due to damaged while shipping. When speaking with customer for SEARS I was told that I would have to place the order AGAIN because of their inadequate billing. I do not understand that if the warehouse receives a returned item that has been damanged, then why won't they issue the item again. But noooooo they want me to place the order again. If I did this to my customers they would not return to me for other services. Therefore, I will not do any business with Sears again or any other entities owned by them. I will be disassembling the items that were received because their customer service is inadequate!!! Looks like the new CEO cannot fulfill his promise to FIX Sears.

Sears is going out of business. They ripped me off on a mower.

Never again. :(

arty

I am seeing a lot of complaints about Sears. I too have found that their Warranty Service is useless!

I have paid over $3000.00 for a zero turn mower that is now being used as a lawn ornament! Let's get a movement going against Sears and their less than useless Service.

Sears Replacement
Loss
I purchased a refrigerator from Sears in Aug 2011, it started leaking water from underneath June 2012. I called Sears 4 times and was passed around to several depts. finally talked to a service tech, said he would call back and schedule a time to come out/ never called...

I just saw this online and wanted to let the above commenter know that the leakage problem has forced Sears into redesigning the part. Please contact them and they will replace it for free.

My warranty was expired, my floor was wet and I thought the kids had been leaving the freezer open.

Turns out it is a badly designed drainage tube issue. Call 1.800.253.1301 and schedule an appt!

View more comments
Tags
  • service tech
My mother bought a whirlpool upright freezer from Sears in Elizabethtown, KY with a five year warrantee in 2011. The freezer is not even a year old. She has had to have it serviced 5 times from the time she bought it to this month. The door kept popping open and...
arty

Hey, This is nothing new for Sears Warranty service. I have had to call three times to get parts for my zero turn mower and spent long periods of time on the phone.

They say they feel bad, but they don't have the problems, WE DO! Let's start a movement ......

View more comments
Loss

Will never buy from Sears again.

I ordered a new washer and dryer online from Sears for my mother. Their website says they go above and beyond by running the washer and dryer to make sure everything is working properly. My mom telephoned me after delivery upset because her washer was making a horrible noise. I asked her if they had run the washer, and she said no, they were in a hurry and hadn't run it. She had called Sears to ask if someone could come and take a look at it, and she was given an appointment time for 5 days later. After I talked to Sears customer service (I use that term loosely) and all the run around and hassle, my mom decided to just return the appliances and take our business to a local company.
Sears Delivery Service