Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears turned its back on my years of Brand Support over a Mattress

Sears Canada Let me begin my saying my father was a loyal Sears shopper, and always told me to buy there when I could, as they stand behind their products, have good prices, and have good value in their store brands - Kenmore, Craftsman etc. So over the years I've bought 2 snowblowers, 1 Lawnmower, countless tools, A couple of fridges, a freezer, a washer and dryer, a leather couch set, many clothes, and much more. Now the problem, 10 years and a couple months ago, my wife and I bought a Sears pedic mattress. For the last couple years, It's been sagging, and has now got the point where we can't sleep on it. I called Sears, as I remember there was a 25 year warranty, and after some discussion I realized not only had I had misplaced the receipt sometime in the last few years, but I'd also pulled off the annoying warranty tag that was sewed at the seam near your head, depending on the way your mattress was flipped. Despite that, Sears still sent out a warranty work order to assess the mattress, I was very impressed with their service. The repairman determined that the sag was greater than 2 inches, and indeed the mattress had failed. A week later I followed up with Sears, and they managed to find a copy of my invoice in their file. They suggested that a pro-rated discount was in the works, and I was told that a local store manager would call within 24 hours to follow up. After a few days and no calls, I checked back with Sears and am now told that without my warranty slip they will not stand behind the product, passing the blame to manufacturers inabilities or something. Well I didn't pay the manufacturer, I paid sears, and I made it clear that I was quite happy to work something out with them. So after all these years loyal to their brand, and spending tens of thousands to do so, they have turned their back to me over a *** mattress issue. I am fuming. Guess I was the *** one to be so loyal. Sears will lose the rest of my lifetime of business, and my childrens. They won't feel so much as a bump in their business, but saving a few hundred on a mattress just cost them thousands of my future business, not to mention that I'm going to post this story everywhere I can. Sincerely, Andy M Cambridge Ontario work order no. 204651

Don't dismiss this consumers complaint. I probably would too if I hadn't made the mistake of buying a searsopedic 2 yrs ago.

It already has a huge bump in the middle and one side is unbearable to sleep on. I thought my husband was just complaining until I slept on his side.

I have now had a back ache for a week. We spent way too much cash- $2000, to have such a *** mattress

So let me get this straight. Despite every store in the worlds return policy of 30 days, possibly 90 on some items, you believe it's the stores fault if you had a product for multiple years and it failed?

And not the manufacturers? You do realize its likely an outdated model the store itself can't replace, right? Plus you admit you yourself tipped the tags off it. you know, the tags that say do not remove.

Thats not the stores fault. Its your fault. And its not the stores fault it lasted a decade and then failed. How long did you think a mattress would really last?

I don't even wait for mine to start to sag before getting a new one, its called being realistic. Sears didn't lose a customer over a mattress, they lost one because of ridiculous high hopes.

My husband and I had an almost identical situation with Sears. They refused to warranty a failed mattress because we had removed the tags that were sewed into the seam by your head. We had about 8 years left on our warranty.

View more comments (2)
$2000
With Official Company Response

Sears delivery delayed phone calls for two months!

On July 22, 2012 my husband and I purchased a microwave oven from our local Sears store and arranged for installation. About 2 days later I received an automated call telling me delivery had been delayed and I needed to contact them as soon as possible. Short story - continued delays, I cancelled the item August 30 (which required two trip s to the store and a phone call) and received a refund. However, since that first phone call we have had a phone call at 8 am every day 7 days a week. Sometimes I get two. Today I made my weekly call to ask them to please get my number out of their system and, while I was writing this, the phone rang for a second time.

Dear dontthankmesears,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the run around and terribly difficult time you had attempting to have a microwave oven installed that was purchased at your local store. We certainly understand your frustration with installation of the microwave being delayed numerous times which resulted in you cancelling your order. I know that I would also be very upset with receiving calls 7 days per week at 8:00 am to tell me my delivery has been delayed. This is not the type of service that Sears has long been known for or the type of service that you deserve. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We would like to speak with you regarding this unfortunate situation and offer our assistance to help you. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to make this situation right has been done.

My name is Susan and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (dontthankmesears) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Installation

Sears Appliances Warranty

6 visits to repair my refrig. since Feb with warm and and freezing crispers. Parts ordered, tech no show, parts ordered that were the wrong part, 2 weeks in between service, tech told me that the crispers never work correctly so last week he was here again to order another PART to FIX the problem. How many times are they going to let me lose all my fruits and vegs. and only replace $200 worth of food, which I lost the first time the refrigerator stopped cooling! I guess they keep sending the tech until you give up and purchase another because they sure don't respond to your emails to customer service or calls requesting to talk to and supervisor or having one call me back! So now I have no fresh veg/fruits in the refrigerator. I eat organic and am vegetarian so I am eating frozen meals and I have no idea if this NEXT "part" will fix this problem. This refrigerator never words correctly! $1300 and 9 years old!!!

The protection agreement includes a no lemon clause where if they have to fix the same parts x amount of times or multiple parts in the same machine they five you a brand new one. There's literally no way they fixed it 6 times without offering to replace it. Nice lie though.

Give**

golightly16

You must work for Sears!

golightly16
@BillyTruth

Billy TRUTH Perhaps YOU should called Sears for ME since you say I'm not telling the truth!! They DID offer the 500 dollars and then they told me it had to be for the same PART.

The tech keeps replacing different ones. SO IF YOU HAVE SUCH GREAT CONNECTIONS WITH THIS GREAT COMPANY...TALK TO THEM FOR ME...IF NOT KEEP YOU SAD COMMENTS TO YOURSELF...YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO TALK TO SEARS!!!

View more comments (3)

Sears Lost Another Customer

I ordered a dewalt sander online. It had a hard case and was about 5.00 more than the one with the soft case. I thought it was a good price plus nobody i found had the hard case except Sears. They sent me the one with the soft case. I chatted and it took 20 minutes for the rep to tell me what i said in the first sentence. He said bring it to the store for a refund. So, I bring it to the store. The rep that is normally at the order pickup area was not sure how exactly to do this refund***However***he said no problem and even brought me to the tool section to get a replacement. He called over a rep in the tool area that wanted nothing to do with helping. She was asking me how to do the return and with an attitude. She walked away with the receipt and came back about 5 minutes later. She asked me for my ccard 4 times. Finally I saw a manager and had him finish this mess. He said do you want to do an exchange and I said I asked the lady in the beginning but now I will go to Home Depot.
Sears Manager
Tags
  • good price
We have had Sears service contracts on our appliances for years. Our microwave broke. Sears repair came to fix it. They said the plastic piece that made the glass turntable move was broken. They ordered the piece. It never came. We contacted them over and over again...

Sears policy states if you have the protection agreement and they are replacing your appliance they give you market value for what they are replacing, usually more than you paid for it or exactly what you paid. If you paid extra money it was not for something "the same", especially considering you said you got different models.

The other thing you said thats not true is that a sears installer cut *** in your cabinet.

Its against sears policy to modify anything, they are not licensed to do any of that so they don't. Maybe you had a bad experience but it sounds like youre exaggerating to blame sears.

Sears Installation
Loss

SEARS ~ their customer service just gets worse

Last week I posted about 2 appliances (one a Kenmore refrigerator the other a Frigidaire wall oven) I purchased from SEARS, both of which were not working correctly within 3 days of delivery (refrigerator) or at time of installation (wall oven). After posting I was contacted by the SEARS Social Media team and then routed to the "SEARS Cares Team". I was assigned a "case number" and a "case worker' (Shannon R.). Funny thing, a few days later the refrigerator malfunctioned with a DIFFERENT problem and so far I have called my "case worker" (Shannon R.) twice and sent emails twice, one of which I copied to the original contact from the SEARS Social Media team (Misty). Nothing, nada, no response, nilch. I have asked that the refrigerator either be replaced or picked up and my money refunded. Nothing, nada, no response. Guess SEARS really doesn't "value me as a customer" (their words in their form letter email) or want to "assure my experience has been to my satisfaction", again their words. I have spent hours and hours dealing with repair techs and on the phone or computer trying to get some help. SEARS really does care~but not about their customer. They are just concerned about bad press. DON'T DEAL WITH SEARS, YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID. I certainly am. Now if I can just figure out how to get this lemon out of my house and my money back so I can move on. Never again. PS As I write am waiting on the repair tech for the oven (2nd visit). Wonder how that will turn out.

Sears in Los Angeles, California - Bad product-worse service

Bought a freezer at Sears just over a year ago. Stocked it with meat and it stopped working without kicking a breaker and it badly overheated and spoiled all the meat inside which was more valuable than the freezer. Sears will not allow me to drop it off for repair, rather insist I wait home for some one to charge me $75.00 to look at it. On top of that I would have to pay for repair. In summary: $400.00 to buy freezer-$500 to $600 worth of spoiled meat- $75.00 to look at it then $? to repair. Do not under any circumstances pay a premium to buy Kenmore. It is of poor quality and they offer no drop off to repair. Instead they offer 3rd party people to charge unfairly without any recourse.

I just replaced my nightmare Kenmore frig with a new one 10 months ago. It is already broken and they can not someone out for a month. SEARS has the worst customer service ever and even worst products!!!!!!

Dear rtootell,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your freezer failing without tripping the breaker or giving you any advance warning. We certainly understand your frustration with your freezer overheating and losing so much meat in the process. This freezer failure would also upset me after putting so much valuable meat in it and not having any advance warning that the freezer was overheating. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation further and offer the assistance of one of our case managers who can give you specific information on Sears' policy regarding the need for a technician to come to your home to diagnosis the reason for the freezer failure. Our case manager will also inform you of any other offers they can provide to help with this situation. We value your business very much and want to help any way we can.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I have forwarded your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. Again, please accept our apology for the problems you have encountered with your freezer. If you need to refer to this case, please use screen name (rtootell), for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

View more comments (1)
Sears Repair

Sears CEO Mr. D'Ambrosio - Worst customer Service experience of a life time

In July I purchased a fridge, range, washer and dryer all at Sears on the same day in one transaction and opened a Sears card. The delivery date the sales person gave me was 8/1. Nothing arrived that day I called the store and was told it was coming on 8/8/2012. On 8/8 the fridge, range and washer arrived, but there was no dryer. I called the store to find out when it was coming and they could not tell me. After various trips to the store and phone calls, I was continuously told there was no system or the warehouse could not be reached. Finally I called the complaint line 8/29 and the person who attended me told me there was a scheduled delivery for 8/31. I received a phone call the next day from Sears confirming they would be delivering the dryer the next day. After waiting the whole day and calling the store to find out when to expect the delivery guys, I receive a phone call at 4 pm from Sears telling me there must have been a problem with their system because they didn't have the dryer and it was not going to be delivered. I went to the store the next day and was told they could not help me and to come back on Monday. I spend a large portion of my Labor Day holiday at the Sears store while the sales clerk took care of other people while she was waiting for an email from her manager who was at an "off site meeting". I left and came back a little while later and she told me she was going to proceed with an exchange for a different washer dryer set. However the only other washer dryer set that came in the same color was also out of stock and she could not exchange it for anything else other then Kenmore, even though those were in stock. She told me to call back the next day when the manager was in so she could explain the situation to her. She called ma back to offer a different set and color which I had already explained that I specifically purchased the color I had for a reason as it matched the house. Then she offered me the same 15% discount on other brands but I would have to pay the difference, which is unacceptable, I did not cause this situation. She also told me that they had verified with the consumer protection agancy just to make sure they were offering something "acceptable" and told me I should call them also to verify. I called the complaint line back. The girl who attended the call told me to stop being so nice at the store, get my money back and go elsewhere since they couldn't do anything for me. I insisted that there was already an existing complaint that I had logged the week before then she looked up my account and said that she was escalating and to wait 24 to 48 hours for a response. I waited a week and received no response what so ever from anyone at Sears. I then sent an email through the website, because the hotline had closed for the day, and also received no response. I called the line back during my work hours and spent 1.5 hours on the phone, was passed between 4 different people and departments, the majority of the time spent on hold for the last person attending me to tell me that she couldn't transfer me to the other department since they had just closed for the day. One of those people cancelled my order for the dryer without my consent to refund the purchased amount and transferred me to the website people who offered the same 15% the store had 2 weeks ago. I have spent hours trying to work with Sears on a resolution, I purchase the washer/dryer set in July and have receive absolutely no actual assistance or commitment from anyone at Sears to resolve my case. I have lost days of work, money on gas to go to the store, have not moved into my new house all because Sears could care less if they deliver what you purchase as long as they make that sale. I have told the various people that I have spoken with from Sears that all I would like is a washer dryer set that is relatively the same color of the one I purchased. However since it appears now that they no longer have the same color, and do have sets of a similar color, but they are more expensive and I would have to pay the difference. I am not paying extra for an error that Sears made. Since it looks like I will not get anywhere with this issues, I would like to return all the appliances and never step foot in another sears store again (or any other related stores like Kmart). It is obvious that Sears would rather save a few hundred dollars and turn a customer away then turn a very bad experience around and safe a lifetime customer. I grew up with Kenmore appliances and my family has always shopped at Sears but obviously that means nothing any more. I will also be cancelling my Sears card since I won't be using it after this fiasco and so will my father after this and he's been a member since 88. Glad I haven't purchased the dining room set and bedroom set that I was planning on. I still need a lot of things for the new house that I was planning on getting them from Sears, but after this I would rather go somewhere else and pay more for better customer service and actually get what I purchased.

Dear Ms. Perez,

We are truly sorry for the difficulties you have experienced receiving your dryer in the color specified in your original order. With all the items that you purchased, we can understand your frustration and disappointment with not receiving the dryer that you ordered. I would certainly be upset with all the time and money that had been spent not to get the dryer I ordered. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this issue further and offer our assistance to help resolve your situation. We value your business very much and want to help turn this frustrating situation around.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Jennifer Perez) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Loss

Scamed by SEARS for $7000.

In Aug 2012 I was getting estimates to replace the roof on my duplex at 24 Alameda Dr. 4-5 professional roofing companies all gave me bid for less then $7000. So why did SEARS after also looking at the property quote me $15,000. but if I'd sign today it would only be $14,000. !! . Yes, for the same job. Because they were trying to SCAM me out of an extra $7000. For a commission?? Sears commission for MORE than a fair market price for the entire refoofing job .This DID happen to me. Americans scamming fellow Americans makes for a weaker country and Patriotism is not just for hillbilly rubes.I can mail you copies of the quotes. SHAME on sears.

Sears Warranty Service

Update by user Jul 13, 2015

I have ordered the part to fix my zero turn from a local vendor. I will have the part by this Wednesday.

I will be telling SEARS that I want my money I paid for the warranty returned to me.

All of us affected by SEARS untimely and lack of service should do the same. Tell them there are other alternatives for repair and tell them we want out money back!

Original review posted by user Sep 12, 2012

Called August 30th to order a part under my warranty. Waited until September 11th did not receive part. Called Sears was told it had not been ordered. They assured me that now it was. Today my mower deck spindle actually blew up scattering parts and scalping the lawn. I called Sears to ask that the both spindles be replaced and find that they had not sent out any parts yet because they said they had no record of my call. I could have been hurt by the spindle parts flying around. Finally they say the spindles are ordered after my third call. This is terrible service after paying over 600.00 for a service contract. Plus the fact I am lucky I did not get injured!
arty

I was contacted by an account executive from Sears. He worked on my behalf and the parts were ordered and have been received and installed.

He assured me that they would look into why I was told different stories and why my calls were not acted upon.

I now have the use of my zero turn again and have been assured this will not happen in the future. Thanks to Sears for quick action!

@arty

arty,

There is a very aggressive attorney led movement brewing against Sears write to searsautoservice.class.action@gmail.com

hope to hear your story soon!

Sears Response

My name is Tony and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team at the executive office. We would like to take this opportunity to express our deepest apologies for the troubles that you are having with your mower. I can certainly understand your frustration with having to wait such an extended time to get your mower repaired. Furthermore, the aggravation with being told different stories concerning the part status is certainly understandable.

As a valued Sears’ customer, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further and work on your behalf to ensure that this matter is resolved to your complete satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number that the item is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (arty) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Tony T.