Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears Home Services/Services rendered not complete.

Incorrect toilet was ordered. New toilet was also incorrect. Third toilet correct, installation not. The toilet rocks. Started job on Monday, 7/16/2012. Time window 8AM to 10AM. Showed up at 11:35AM. The coordinator has not returned numerous calls. The salesman returned call and then did not follow up. Sink that was reinstalled has a clog somewhere, water is sitting in sink basin. Grout was left on woodwork and walls and vanity. Two day job is now in the second week. We just want to get the job finished so we can move on with our lives. Thanks.
#519206

Dear Pasujoka,

I saw your post and wanted to apologize to you for the experience you had with our Home Improvement Department your toilet. From what you posted it sounds like you’ve had more than your share of difficulties with the installation your toilet. Let me assure you that this is not the level of customer service our customers should expect from us and you do deserve better from us. We would like to look into this situation for you and see what we can do to help you. At your convenience please email us at SMAdvisor@searshc.com with your contact information (preferably a phone number) and we will have a Case Manager contact you to assist you. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Pasujoka) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Service
Sears Installation
Loss

Sears in Fresno, California - No help for military??

sears offers no help for military, veterans, etc. Their competitors (home depot, lowes, do!) thats why I no longer shop at a store not concerned with our military! I tell everyone to shop elsewhere. 2% back is a JOKE!! why would I ever spend 1000's of $ with a store that cares so less for our militay?? A joke with a store loaded with asian made products. More important to a dollar than to help the american economy. Why bother spending anything with a shamefull company sears? Homedepot has a much better selection of appliances anyway and they care about you

SEARS CONTRIBUTES TO HEROES AT HOME.UPON EVERY TRANSACTION THE ASSOCIATE IS REQUIRED TO ASK EVERY CUSTOMER IF THEY WISH TO CONTRIBUTE TO OUR MILITARY FAMILIES.YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH SEARS HAS RAISED IN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. EVERY RETAIL STORE HAS IMPERFECTIONS, BUT PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE SPEAKING YOUR MIND.

#520225

Not only Heroes at Home, but there is also a military appreciation discount on tools as well

Go to google and type in heroes at home and do some research. They gave out almost 20,000 gift cards to military families last christmas.

What have you done to support the military lately? You could go to sears and donate to heroes at home which will go to families this christmas.

Sears does the gift cards given out free every Cristmas to Military families. News flash stores and other companies do not owe you for you decision to spend time in our all volunteer military.

I am appalled by this kind of disgusting attitude by service members and hope that civilians understand that not all of us feel like we are owed. I certainly don't, and that's after 4 deployments.

No help for military?? You are wrong friend.

I am not an employee and have no past connection to Sears, but if you check, you will find Sears does a lot for the employees that are called to active duty.

It is law to hold their jobs, but I believe I read that Sears pays the family the employees wages while they are serving. Contact Sears for the latest policies, and file your complaint too.

A side note: Home Depot supports and participates in *** organizations.

As an 80% combat disabled Vietnam veteran, I don't believe anyone in the military would finance these activities. I won't shop there anymore.

View more comments (4)

Sears in San Diego, California - Bad salesman, poor delivery and installation

Save yourself from misery and don't shop at Sears. Try Lowes, the Home Depot, or Best Buy. In summary the salesman are lousy and you can't depend on delivery and installation. Here are my 2 experiences shopping for major appliances at Sears at UTC in San Diego. I was at Sears looking for a washer and dryer. I had a small number of questions. The salesman didn't have an answer for one of them and needed to ask someone else. I overheard him say that trying to make this sale was like pulling teeth. What a ***. I was told there was a 10% discount, but when he rung up the sale the price was higher than I thought it should be. So before paying I carefully reviewed the bill and found the discount wasn't included. Good thing I caught this before paying. It took him a long time to add in the discount and I thought that would be the end of the problems, but there was still delivery and installation that had to be done. Everything was supposed to be in stock and ready for installation. On the install date they showed up with the washer and dryer but not all the parts to perform the installation. So they dropped off our new machines and took the old ones for disposal. So unexpectedly for 2 days and had to resort to going to the filthy laundry mat. They should have left us with our old machines until they were ready to install the new ones. For my second experience I was looking for a new dishwasher. The first salesman spoke to me for about 1 minute and then just walked away even though I was asking him questions. The second salesman told me all the dishwashers were the same size, even though the printed information on them listed many different sizes between machines. The guy said to ignore the printed information. Luckily I had tape measure and a brief measurement of a few machines showed they did have different sizes. The 14 years of sales experience he claimed to have was worth less than 1 day of basic training. A few hours later I purchased a dishwasher from Lowes in Mission Valley. The salesman there was much nicer, knew dishwashers had different sizes, and took off the bottom foot plate so I could make accurate measurements. I was able to tell beforehand that the dishwasher I wanted would just barely fit; the salesman said I could return it with no restocking fee if I couldn't get it in. Thank you Lowes. Sears sucks.
#521952

I also(snarkley) apologize for the "inconvience" Here's my story I ordered a kenmore refridge online and paid a rather large fee for delivery to my home so on 7/31/12 the delivery driver calls to inform me that he can't make the turn on my street well the truck is 40 feet long to begin with mind you for one fridge I presume; this is pittsburgh we DO NOT have streets that were made for semi trucks ok why would you take a massive truck out to begin with? so at this point I'm very sorry I didn't check out Lowes(and they offer FREE delivery!)compared to $a 69.00 fee,so I am on the phone for over an hour I want to have my money refunded by now but she then reschedules for this Friday with a smaller truck so I will grace them this but if it isn't here by Friday I will have to seek legal help over this problem that sears created by not doing this from the start.

#519217

To Lawrence1971,

My name is Kiera and I am with the Sears Cares, a team dedicated to handling escalated issues such as yours. We would very much like to speak with you regarding these issues and see what can be done to rectify the situation I apologize for the poor customer service that was provided to you at our store and the delivery team not bringing out the necessary tools to connect your washer and dryer. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com with your contact information (preferably a contact phone number) and a personal Case Manager will contact you to assist you. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lawrence1971) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

Sears in Montgomery, Texas - Sear's does not honor scheduled payments

I scheduled my Sear's payment on July 2nd to be automatically deducted on the 5th. Sear's says it was late by one day. How can that be?? Companies want things done by computers, for the convenience then penalize for their computer errors. Computers don't recognize holidays, so what is their excuse? I got charged 37.00 for this. I don't feel this is fair as I scheduled in good faith and right due date. This type of thing can mess up my credit & who needs that? Can some one please tell me how to resolve this?
#519239

To Megarebel54,

We're truly sorry for the frustration and confusion over your Sears account. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our scheduled payments are only set in place to assist our customers. If you’d like our assistance with CitiBank, who handles all of Sears’ credit and financial matters, please send us an email containing your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a Case Manager will contact you to assist you. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Megarebel54) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to working with you.

Sears in San Antonio, Texas - Bad Customer Experiance

Bad Customer Service experience at Sears at Ingram Road. The router I purchased on 01/05/12 as a router/table combo stopped working today. I took it to the repair center who told me that it was under a 1year warranty and protection plan so I needed to take it back to the store to be replaced. I go to the store and the associate asked me for my receipt. I told him I did the electronic receipt and don't have a paper receipt for me. He says "Sorry can't help you that's why you should keep your receipts." And he tries to go onto the next customer. I stopped him and told him again I did the electronic receipt and asked him to look it up. He "Couldn't Find it". I aksed him for the 1-800 service number which he doesn't want to supply at first. Instead he wants to give me the store number. I demand the Service number which he finally gives me. I call and they find the receipt and email it to me. By now a 2nd associate interrupts me while on the phone and says "You don't need the receipt because the routers warranties are only good for 30 or maybe 90 days sir." I told him now and showed him my receipt. He apologizes and walks off?????? Now dealing with a third assiocaite he tells me he needs to call a manager for an override. The time is 5:07. At 5:17 I asked him why am I still waiting. He calls again. At 5:27 I remind him Im still waiting. He makes a phone call and finds that the manager is at lunch. At 5:30 he tells me he is going to go find a amanger. At 5:38 he returns with a manager and she tells me she will open a work case and Sears will send me a box to ship my router in and I should get it in 5-7 business days. I had enough. I told her no I will not wait any more. She then says…"Let me go talk to the manager and see what we can do?????????" She comes back and says they will replace the router. The third associate reminds her that it was a router/table combo. I did not bring the table. She says "Oh no we can't do that, hold on let me go talk to the manager again" When she walks off I call my wife and ask her to bring the table. Five minutes late she comes and says "Never mind we don't need the table" I had to call my wife back and tell her never mind. She had just loaded it into the truck. They replaced the router and told me that the warranty will still be valid for the new router but because they had to replace it with a slightly different model that I might have "Trouble in the future??????" ALL my tools are Sears/Craftsman. From now on Lowes and Home Depot will be where I shop for my tools. Sears/Craftsman has lost a 2nd Generation Customer!

To Amorrison,

I would like to continue to apologize for your frustration with the problems you encountered with your router as well as the poor customer service that you received. I see that we have already received your information through our Facebook page but we would like to offer our address to other customers who may see your post and need assistance. Please reach as at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and we will be sure to have a Case Manager contact you as soon as possible.

With Official Company Response

Sears in Delray Beach, Florida - Failed to honor a return within 2 weeks of purchase

Bought a washing machine after being told it would be a few hundred to install. Instead it was almost $2000 to install. The manager and General Manager refused to honor my return even though they knew it was purchased so recently and even though I have a month to return it. DO NOT TRUST SEARS. THEY LIE. The claim they cannot find my info in their system without my receipt and they cannot override the system in order to file a return. They literally do everything possible to not allow you to return an item, BUY ELSEWHERE! Not to be trusted.

To Anonymous,

My name is Kiera and I am part of the Social Media Support Team at Sears. I am very concerned about what I have read here, I can understand the frustration you’ve had trying to return your washer without a receipt. Losing a receipt can definitely make things difficult but not impossible. We would like to help make sure that this situation is handled as quickly as possible. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) as well as the screen name (washerreturn) which I’ve created for you and we will call you directly.

Service
Sears Manager

Sears in Kannapolis, North Carolina - DO NOT BUY THEIR LAWN MOWERS

We purchased a lawn mower, Craftsman, BRAND NEW in box March of 2011. We've already taken it to be fixed THREE TIMES!!!!! The repairs have cost more than the lawn mower itself. Defective? I'd say so, but Sears doesn't agree. That lawn mower has never worked like new since we've gotten it. Next time I will be purchasing from Lowe's. My father got a mower from Lowe's and it worked with no problem for 8 years. Not to mention, every time we bring it to be fixed they drain the gas and don't replace it. So insulting.
arty

I too will NEVER buy anything again from Sears. I have a mower 7 months old can't use it, Sears service is terrible. I had a tractor from Lowes for 3 years and never had any problems with it.

conklinf

After speaking with a Sears representative, I am so excited to say they replaced my lawn mower! I am really content with how professional Sear's representative, Gabriel, was.

I'm really relieved with how things turned out. Thanks!

I am now a loyal Sear customer. Thanks for taking care of me!

To Conklinf,

I apologize for the numerous failures of your lawn mower as well as the cost of the repairs that you’ve encountered. It can be very difficult to be without an operating mower, especially in the summer, and we certainly understand why you are disappointed by how this situation has transpired. Please email us at SMAdvisor@searshc.com with your contact information (preferably a phone number) and one of our case managers will contact you, please include your screen name (Conklinf) so that we may make reference to your post. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

View more comments (2)

Exploding Over Door (twice) Sears Canada

After having our oven glass door on a Kenmore Elite Induction Range explode twice in a year, we asked for a replacement stove. only to be told that we have to pay a $550 upcharge because we bought the stove on sale. I don't care what I paid for the stove, I just want it replaced with the same model as I bought. If they sold it to me for one price, they can replace it for the same price. That is only logical as far as I am concerned.Having dealt with customer service for a week we asked who can make a decision and they told us to email the Vice President of Sears Canada. Then the calls started coming again from the customer service people, with no change in attitude. Basically saying pay the money or nothing will be done. Below is a copy of the email sent to Sears Canada Vice President. It probably never crossed his desk and was passed to one of his cronies. What a way to run a business. By the time Target moves into their territory it will be time for them to close their doors and go packing. Not soon enough as far as I am concerned.I hope someone out there at Sears is reading this stuff. Pissed...... Sears Canada Attention Vice President, After talking to Sears service department this morning after the glass door exploded on our $3000 Kenmore Elite stove this morning, for the second time in a year. Within 1 day of a year to be exact. The service department wants to send out a tech to replace the glass in the door again. We find this highly unacceptable at this point. Attached are photos from the July 2011 and July 2012 incident. The only conclusion I can come up with is that there must be either a design flaw or a fault with this particular door. Last year the wife could not use her stove for 17 days while waiting for the glass to be replaced. This incident scared the heck out of her again, and I do not blame her. Once I can understand, but twice I do not. The first time it happened, the wife was preheating the oven and it only got to 250 degrees Fahrenheit when the glass blew out. The second time,(this morning) the glass blew out without the stove even being on. Attached are dated photos of both incidents for your review. You might be shocked to see the mess and how this could cause injury. I bought this as a anniversary present for my wife and I am beginning to regret it, as she is afraid to use it anymore. It was lucky that our niece was not here, at her height there could have been serious injury when the glass exploded. I would very much like to hear your thoughts regarding this situation. I don't think replacing the glass again is an option. Personally, the wife would like to have the stove replaced. We purchased the extended warranty on this product, but did not expect this. We have purchased all our appliances from Sears over the years, but have not run across anything like this. Regards,
pmbacon

After threatening legal action, Sears finally agreed to replace the stove. Free of charge.

Boy, what a hassle. That will be the last thing we purchase from Sears.

That will be my next option. I do not understand why they don't just replace the unit with the exact same model we have and be done with it.

They keep having Customer Service call us and won't let us talk to someone in charge.

Getting Frustrated..... :upset

TechnoMage

Sounds dangerous, a good lawyer should be able to get you emotional damage, pain and suffering, cleanup charges, etc... Product liability issues, consumer fraud, recall, you should get a product liability lawyer and take them to the cleaners.

Just sayin'

View more comments (2)
Loss

Sears in Livingston, New Jersey - Passed off recondition mower as brand new/delaying refund

Bought mower & used it 3 times then wouldn't start. Took back to store and exchanged for new one. That mower the self-propel wouldn't work. Returned that mower for a different model. On the 3rd mower the mechanism to raise and lower the deck was broken. Returned that mower for full refund. Found out that 2nd mower was actually a reconditioned mower they were trying to pass off as new mower. Then find out the refund will not be put in cking acct immediately. Must wait minimum 10 days but up to 30 days. When I complain to customer service they just say sorry and offer a $50 gift card towards our next purchase. Next purchase? Never at Sears again.
#519275

Dear Tired of poor service,

I would first like to say sorry for the delay in our response. After reading your post, I apologize for the time it’s taking in getting your refund for the numerous non-functioning mowers that you received. I understand what a huge inconvenience it is not having a working mower, especially in the summer time. We would like to talk to you about the situation and look into what we can do to help. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated Case Manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide your contact information (preferably a phone number), and also please include your screen name (Tired of poor service) so we can reference your issue. Again, we are very sorry that this situation has occurred and look forward to speaking with you.

Sears in Hollandale, Wisconsin - Faulty installation

We bought a wall oven from Sears and when it was installed the bottom trim was left lying loose. I've called the "questions or concerns" number on 6/30, 7/11 and 7/17/12 and have yet to be contacted by an installer to correct the problem. Also involved were countless minutes on hold on each occasion. Sears has no adequate policy to follow up on installation errors and leaves consumers facing an endless run around. While the product purchase was fine, what good is the product if installation is done by incompetents and correcting problems is virtually impossible
#520263

To JJefferson,

I’m very sorry to read about these issues regarding the installation of your wall oven. I recognize how disappointing it is not to be provided with the necessary assistance to repair the improper installation of your wall oven. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. My name is Kiera and I’m part of the Sears Cares Team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this situation. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (JJefferson) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.