Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears Water Heater Replacement - Shame

water heater that was under warranty stop working on 7/30/12 since that time My faimly of 4 has not had any hot water . The excessive number of days has caused inconvience and the hardship and shows a lack of concern for your customers. I was told that Sears located a replacement water heater at a Sears with the capacity of the one that I had. The Sears is approximately 40min away however the installers are not allowed to travel more than 20 miles therefore my family is left to suffer with no hot water for 8 to 10 days. I have spent over $300 thus far to afford my family the opportunity to take showers and perform basic hygeine. The treatment of me and my family is unacceptable and shows a systematic lack of concern for your customers; I say this because even at the cooperate level I was lied to and pushed to the side by the very staff that was put in place to help so that they could enjoy their holiday while leaving me and my family with no resolution. Had I known what I know now I would not have bought the warranty.

nikalseyn

Typical Sears. At least the new Sears, a part of KMart.

You would be better off just buying a new one at a good, local plumbers or even at Lowe's, Menard's, etc.

and having it installed.

After I did so, I would sue Sears in small claims court.

If they don't bother to show up for the court date, get a judgement against them and see an attorney to file a lien against the local store. Then foreclose on the lien.

View more comments (5)
Sears Replacement

Sears in Orlando, Florida - 3 yr old water heat out, parts and labor as much as new heater..

Our 3 yr old water heater broke. Parts are still under warranty, however Sears must send a repair man out to figure out what is wrong. We were told by three different Sears people three different stories. We went with the last option of a $80 service fee which would include the part and labor. First of all the repairman was 3 1/2 hr late and after he looked at the heater to figure out what was wrong he said the that the labor for today was $90, the part was covered but the labor to install the new part would be over $200. The cost of the water heater 3 years ago was $390 dollars. Our last water heater worked for 13 yrs AND WAS NOT A SEARS. When we called the complaint line they offered us $100 off a new heater. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD WE BUY ANOTHER SEARS WATER HEATER.

Youre obviously not very smart. You said that the parts were covered, but that doesn't mean labor is free.

Labor is expensive.

You also act as if Sears made the *** water heater that broke. Sears has a lot of problems but this isn't one of them.

I think they went above and beyond in offering you the 100 dollar credit. You're just too *** to see it.

Sears Repair

Sears, kenmore Fridge, not working for 2-3 weeks

We bought a new Sears, Kenmore Fridge in Sept. 2011, It was not working properly, called for repairs, it took about a week for them to send a repairman, then they had to order parts, that is another week, parts. The parts wont be here until tomorrow sometime, Then 7-4 is a holiday, and they cant send someone until Thurs, Friday or maybe Monday. This means we go without a proper working fridge for 3-4 weeks. I spoke to 3 people, the last being Brenn 074997, I explained I have 6 disabled adults, one dying who can only have pop sickles and ice cream, he is in care of hospice. I also have 2 children in the house. This is not except-able time frame to compete repairs or leave us without a fridge or freezer. I asked that they send a loaner or new one we can not go any longer without. They offered a $80 credit toward buying a mini fridge, I explained that I have one and the freezer in them do not work and that if I walked into a Sears I could not even buy one for $80. This is not going to solve the problem and being with a fridge for 3-4 weeks is not acceptable time frame to go without one.

the ad above supposedly from coca cola above has got to be a scam so why does pissedconsumer allow it to be on their site?

See how Sears Cares .... some one from Sears did call an set a time for 7-5 after 5 pm .. but the person below thought a few weeks without a fridge is ok???? File complaints and then they respond ... not such good business ... sorry Sears this lost my vote..

Dear Sally,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your refrigerator. We appreciate

hearing from you.

We apologize your refrigerator is not working.

We understand your frustration with the scheduling of a service call.

The earliest available date and time in your area for our technicians is

7-12-12 . We apologize for the wait. We have placed you on our earlier

service order list. If we have a sooner date and time available we will

contact you.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to

respond to this e-mail and our team member will address those concerns.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for

choosing Sears. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Barbara S.

Sears Holdings Corporation

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

I am very disappointed with Sears. The options offered was not a good

one. I spoke to 3 people, the last being Brenn 074997, I explained I

have 6 disabled adults, one dying who can only have pop sickles and ice

cream, he is in care of hospice. I also have 2 children in the house.

The fridge we bought less then 1 yr ago. It was not keeping thing frozen

as it should on last week when we called for service, it took almost a

week to get someone here, then parts needed to be ordered, on Friday,

now the fridge is totally not working, parts due here tomorrow but know

ones what time, Wed. is a holiday so your company can not send anyone

until maybe Thurs or Fri, so we are looking at two weeks with out a

proper working fridge. This is not except-able time frame to compete

repairs or leave us without a fridge or freezer.

Sincerely,

Sent: Mon, Jul 2, 2012 8:48 pm

Subject: Sears Holdings - Customer Solutions Record Opened 6099840

Dear Sally,

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation and allowing us the

opportunity to address your concern regarding your recent experience. We

sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we

appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Please be advised your issue is being addressed and record 6099840 has

been opened. If you have any further questions, please feel free to

contact us by replying to this email or via phone.

Customer Solutions Department

Phone: 1-800-479-6351

Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 8 AM - 9 PM CST & Sun 10 AM - 6 PM CST

P.S. Your feedback is important to us! Click here to take a quick survey

on your experience today.

SKY1759,

Being without a refrigerator for any length of time and be extremely frustrating and sometimes costly. My name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team and we'd like to offer our assistance. We want to ensure that this repair is completed as soon as possible and that there are no further complications with completing it to your satisfaction. If you could please email SMAdvisor@searshc.com with a phone number we can use to contact you, as well as the number used to purchase the refrigerator, we will have a case manager call you directly. Also, please be sure to include your screen name (Sky1759) in your email so we can reference your issue. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

View more comments (2)
With Official Company Response
I made a purchase at Sears not sure if the item would work. However, I needed to take it home to see if it would. I clearly asked the explained to the clerk and asked him Sears return policy. I clarified what was needed if returned, etc. in order to get the full...

Next time if you get one of those comeback cards, wait until the gift card activates then spend all the money on the card. After using the money on the card, then return the item and you'll get your money back

View more comments
Sears Manager
With Official Company Response

Sears delivery and customer service are horrid

We bought a washer at the sears outlet around the corner from our house. We paid for delivery. When it arrived, it was severely damaged. I refused delivery. They called to schedule a delivery of another unitl. When it arrived, it was the same damaged unit. I went back to the store and canceled the order and exchanged it for another washer. That one was delivered not only severly damaged, but without any moving bolts in the back of the unit - most likely ruining the entire unit - and someone had written in marker on the warehouse copy of the receipt a lot more damage than our receipt showed. It was clearly fraud. I refused to accpet that unit either. We finally went back to the store and got the whole thing refunded. Still, every morning I receive phone callse from their automated caller to call them back. 3 phone calls later and we can not get the morning phone calls to stop. Today I received 7 calls at 8 am in the morning for an item we already got our refund. This company does not know what they are doing. Don't shop there unless you can take the item home in your car that night. Even then, check other places. I bet you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

packer girl,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've had with your washer being delivered not as you expected. My name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team and we'd like to help. Obviously purchasing items from an outlet store means that it is not considered a new product but if it was delivered to you in a condition you didn't expect, then we'd like to know more as well as assist you in any way we can. If you could please email SMAdvisor@searshc.com with a phone number we can use to contact you, as well as the number used to purchase the washer, we will have a case manager call you directly. Also, please be sure to include your screen name (packer girl) in your email so we can reference your issue. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sears

What happen to customer service? You can not go into Sears and buy a product and leave the employees are great but they have TOO many questions and requirements. To check out 1) Do you have a Sears card 2) Do you want a Sears card 3) three different applications later and no approval 4) Telephone number 5) Email address 5) Name 6) Address 7) Debit or credit 8) cash back? 9) email receipt REALLY???????????? 9 step process to check out at Sears? Where is the customer service? None of this is to my benefit! Someone sitting at an office is trying to make a mark on his resume and is using US the customer to get there. I want to get an item and check out be gone! I guess the customer does not matter! Self check outs? Now we know why Wal-mart and Home Depot are winning over Sears!!!! Will not go to Sears again!

Dear Unluckytexan75201:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our assistance to help resolve your issue. Sears as an organization must get numerous pieces of information in order to be able to warranty your item or certainly be able to pull up your information in case you need to return the item for any reason. We're sorry that this process has upset you or caused you any undue frustration. If you would like to speak with a dedicated case manager regarding your experience, at your convenience, please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Unluckytexan75201) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Product
Sears Credit Card

Sears extra no-nonsense fee

Interested in Samsung French door fridge. No price posted on item, salesperson looked up in computer, said was $1329. for today only, if we waited till tomorrow it would be $1399.99 and if we opened a Sears account since we did not have one we would get an additional $66.00 off which would pay for the delivery since they do not offer it on their major purchases like most retailers. When it came time to set up delivery they said if we wanted early morn./late evening because we both work there would be an additional $19.99 fee. So we picked Friday since we would be available all day and they said on Friday they only offered the early/late delivery so we would have to pay the extra fee anyway. Sales person was very nice called store manage to see if could waive fee, said no, store policy. We said forget it and walked out, never plan on going back. First time in over 30 years we attempted to make a major purchase with this store and we don't ever plan on it again. they deserve to go out of business for thinking people are such idiots.

Sounds like you're unhappy because they didn't bend over for you. Hah. Clearly the customer is not always right

krken68

They never offer free delivery anymore !! Not the best place to buy a large appliance at all.

At least not like they used to be. Actually I believe the salesperson was nice for trying to get you free delivery. Hopefully they price-matched for you. Most sears employees are penalized in their commission for the month if they are over a certain price-match percentage.

So they very rarely are looking out for your best interest. Don't be pissed you made a good decision.

View more comments (1)

RUN -DON'T WALK AWAY FROM SEARS/L&M INSTALLATION

Delivery and installation was purchased/scheduled but never happened - almost 10 days later and still no dishwasher - Sears managers were ineffective, L & M Appliance Installation company could care less that they did not delivery and install on 6/21/12 as scheduled (it is now 6/29) and said I could expect it between 5 and 9 PM tomorrow - which means that our travel plans would have to be changed - they did not care - Sears did not care - RUN, DON'T WALK, AWAY FROM THESE COMPANIES - LOUSIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN YEARS - NO CONCERN AT ALL FOR THE CUSTOMER POST PURCHASE - DON'T CARE IF AND WHEN THEY DELIVER

Only wish I had read this BEFORE I placed a phone order. The whole process has been a nightmare!

I've had the same experience as the other posts. In frustration I drove to my local store this morning as a last resort and the appliance manager spent 2 hours on the phone trying to resolve the installation issue for an order his store did not get.

He went above and beyond for me and was able to get a private installer to do the job. Kudos to Northpoint Sears in Alpharetta, GA.

I am having the exact same issue now and it is very frustrating. Sears has horrible customer service.

Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've had with your dishwasher. My name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team and we'd like to offer our assistance. We can look further into the issues that are causing you this frustration and address them as well as make sure you are completely satisfied with your delivery and installation. If you could please email SMAdvisor@searshc.com with a phone number we can use to contact you, as well as the number used to purchase the dishwasher, we will have a case manager call you directly. Also, please be sure to include this screen name I've created(DishwasherInstall) in your email so we can reference your issue. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

View more comments (2)
Sears Installation

Sears Warranty Service- Never Again

I purchased a top of the line Samsung dryer six months ago. The sales representative sold me on the warranty. Supposedly if my dryer broke their prompt sales representatives would be promptly there to fix it. Sure enought 2 months after I bought the dryer it broke and someone came to fix it, but I had to wait for 1.5 wks to get someone there. That was my first experience so I thought that I would let it go. Now, 6 months after the purchse of the product the dryer breaks again and I make an appointment for someone to come out and report. Once again I had to wait 1.5 wks for someone to come. My husband and I work full time so I had someone come stay at the house to open the door because they couldn't get anyone out in the morning. Then, 5 minutes before my window started the repair department calls me and tells me that the repair man had his truck break down and couldn't make it. The next available appoitment was another 1.5wks away. I was livid. I asked them to do whatever they could to get someone at my house sooner. I was transferred to customer care, but no one was able to do a thing. NEVER buy Sears Warranty EVER. They have terrible customer service.

Dear Jattia:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apology for the issues you are having getting your dryer repaired. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and distress we have caused you and your family with your scheduled dryer repair appointments. We acknowledge and understand that each time our technician comes to your home it is you, our customer who has to make themselves available. If the technician is late or doesn’t show up it is you who misses some part or all of your day. We truly would like to look into this issue further and offer our assistance to help make sure that your repair is carried out according to the scheduled appointment time and date and assign a dedicated case manager to you to make sure that your dryer is repaired to your satisfaction. This individual will be available to you with this and any other Sears related issues you have now or in the future. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience, please contact our office at SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Jattia) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Sears Repair
With Official Company Response

What happened to SEARS Customer service. Worst experience ever buying appliances

Purchased a $2000 Whirlpool Gold side-by-side fridge. Most terrible experience I ever had with appliances. We purchased the item and expected delivery 10 days later as scheduled. Sears delivery didn't show up. Once we called they told us the delivery and sale was canceled because the item was sold by the sales person for the wrong amount (less). We didn't know and it would have been nice to know so we don't wait around all day. At that point we were without fridge for 11 days... Once calling the store manager he helped us out and tried to fix the issue and we ended up paying the difference. He helped with arranging delivery. So far so good... Today we were supposed to receive delivery but 30 min before we get a call from a the Sears Home Delivery folks telling us the delivery was canceled because there was a sign at our road that stated no big trucks should drive on this road and their truck was a big truck. Well, we checked and there was no sign anytime in the day. they lied to get out of a delivery appointment. We waisted an entire day waiting around. When we called the service department to tell them there is no sign they told us we were wrong... So I went and made a picture... They didn't care. Finally they told us we won't get the same driver and he will be out tomorrow (next day) to deliver. 1hr later we get an automated call telling us the deliver was moved out for another week. I feel like we are being held hostage. They took our money. We need a Fridge... it is summer and we don't have one since the old one died and they are playing games with us. I am so disgusted with Sears. I tried to call the service department and ask for the manager. They transferred me and after 30 min they hang up on me. So I called again and they transferred me again and came back once to tell me to hold on and then after 30 min again hanged up on me. It seems to be their policy not letting you talk to a manager. I have bought all small and big appliances at Sears for the last 17 years. Not anymore. If i would treat my customer this way I would be out of business. Remember the problem is in the delivery and service. The sale was in the store was fine. Nice people but it appears they employ a group of no-good people in the home delivery division who are so unprofessional that it is pathetic. Worst experience ever. One more loyal customer gone.

Anonymous,

I can completely understand your disappointment and frustration with your refrigerator delivery. My name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team and if I'm putting myself in your shoes, I wouldn't blame you for being upset. We'd like to look further into this situation for you and help in any way we can to make sure your delivery is completed to your satisfaction. If you could please email SMAdvisor@searshc.com with a phone number we can use to contact you, as well as the number used to purchase the refrigerator, we will have a case manager call you directly. Also, please be sure to include this screen name I've created (RefrigeratorDelivery) in your email so we can reference your issue. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

$2000