Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears apparently HATES it's customers!

I sent the following letter to sears, recieved a automated reply that I would get a response in three days. Never get a call or anything, ended up having to call back for ANOTHER issue was transfered around to five different people before finally getting to the WRONG department, was then told that I would get a call back in 24 hours and that was over a week ago and I of course have heard nothing!!! To whom is may concern; My husband and I closed on our new home on Monday March 12, 2012. We promptly went to you store in Gurnee Illinois to buy the new appliances and equipment that we needed for this new house. We had purchased all of our appliances in this store for our previous home and expected to have the same great service that we had at that time. While we were in the store we had great customer service everyone was very helpful from price matching to setting up delivery of our new Samsung HE washer and dryer and Craftsman riding lawnmower with bag. When it came to delivery your company did not come anywhere NEAR meeting our expectations, and the warranty department that we had to contact to get these things corrected was also nowhere NEAR as epithetic as I believe they should have been. When the washer and dryer were set up the individuals that did this on March 17, 2012 LEFT THE SHIPPING BOLTS IN THE WASHER! When we contacted the customer service line we were shoved off to warranty in not so nice of a manner. Once we were in contact with your warranty department they stated that "oh it must be the shipping bolts that are causing you not to be able to level your washer, this is common.". This issue may be common but very uncalled for. Isn't this something that should be checked at every delivery? Aren't there shipping bolts in all equipment to SHIP them to the homes? We were then informed that it would be a WEEK before anyone could be sent out to rectify this. I find this quite ridiculous, YOUR company sends out delivery men that do not do their job and WE have to suffer a WEEK before anyone can come out. Because of this we had to spend almost $40 to take our clothes to a Laundromat that is more than the measly $30 gift card we were offered for "our trouble." We have two children and two dogs, we CANNOT afford to go a WEEK without a washer and dryer On to the riding mower, this was delivered the same day, my husband and two of our very intelligent friends tried to use this mower. At first it would turn on and only go about a half mile an hour, after reading the manual AGAIN they tried it out again and this time the mower would not move. AGAIN we called customer service, they sent us to warranty and they said no one could come out till March 27, 2012. This time OVER a week, YOUR company sends us faulty equipment and we are forced to house it and not be able to mow our lawn for over a WEEK? We had a reception for our children's baptism at our home this past Sunday March 25, 2012 and were unable to clear or mow our lawn before had because of this. This is horrible business. I have informed ALL of my friends of this situation and also anyone that I'm speaking to that the conversation turns in that direction. I would love to be able to go back to these individuals and explain how well your organization rectified this matter after the fact. On the 27th we were given a new mower. We were informed by the delivery person that the mower was in fact defective. So again we had defective equipment housed in our garage for OVER a week this is unacceptable! I do not believe that our situation was resolved in an appropriate way. After spending over $4000 at a store I expect to receive items that work. I would expect someone to be at my home within 48 HOURS to fix these items if they are faulty. I expect customer service to offer something more than a gift card for less than 1% of the purchase price of my items. I expect a timely response to this letter with a MUCH better resolution; I believe that a refund of ATLEASAT 10% of the purchase price of these items is appropriate; a refund for the $40 we had to spend at the Laundromat and a sincere apology for these issues and stress this has caused our family. Sincerely, Sarah and Joshua Grubbs

Stephanie,

I will contact the area that you reccomend. But this is almost too little too late at this point. I have never been dealt such HORRIBLE customer service. If My issue is not resolved this time I will continue to make everyone aware of the issue this caused me so that other consumers are not put through the torture that I have been for buying items at Sears.

Sarah

Dear Segrubbs,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We have just come across your post and it has caused concern. We would first like to extend our deepest apology for any poor delivery service you have received. It is very understandable to expect stellar service especially after making such a large purchase. We would also like to apologize for the poor customer service, we expect our agents to build customer relationships and it does not seem this happened. We would like to contact you and further discuss your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer, dryer, and riding lawn mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Segrubbs you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears in Dallas, Texas - Lied about warranty

The tech lied 3 times why they would not cover warranty. I gave them a tiller that was less than a year old. Yers it was rusted on the out side. 1st they said the oil/gas mixture was wrong and the motor was locked up. I told then that was funny since the 4 cylinder did not require oil/gas mixture. 2nd was then your oil wear low in crank case. I tol;d them that was the first thing I checked. I only used the tiller once and the oil was fine. 3rd it was rusted, there had to be water in the oil. It must have been left out in the weather. I said NO it was in the shed out of the weather. HERE is the deal. Yes I have a pool. Yes I clean it with Muriatic Acid was stored in the same areas as the tiller. The point is that it's not that they did not cover it. It is that if you have a warranty they will LIE to get out of it. I just bought a $1000 worth of sears tools really thinking about returning them and I sure will be canceling the extra warranty that I bought with those tools. COME ON, JUST BE HONEST!!!! I am thinking about posting on Facebook about "DO NOT BUY WARRANTY FROM SEARS" RIPOFF!!!!!!

Hello Phowe@christchurchfw.com,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with Sears service. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get your tiller to run properly when servicing and to exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Robert and I work for the Social Media Support Team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tiller was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Phowe@christchurchfw.com) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.

Sears Social Media Support

Just wondering how it got rusty if it was kept in a shed out of the weather.

IHateStupidCustomers

what I'm getting from this is that you wanted to blame Sears for your dumbness and then lie about it. why should they cover rust that you caused?

View more comments (2)

Sears in Fayetteville, North Carolina - Lied to

My over the range microwave went out. I have an extended warranty. Sears honors it but the amount of time wasted in not being able to go to work and being lied to because the technician never showed up, then lied to a computer that he must've punched in to say no one was home, having to reschedule twice because I was lied to about the time the technician showed up, which cost more lost wages, is not worth it. I could have purchased a new one and come out cheaper. Jesses James had a gun! To top it off every person I spoke to had an accent that made me think they were from China and would not allow me to speak to a supervisor.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and wanted to reach out. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you’ve had with the repair of your over the range microwave. We understand your time is valuable and multiple missed service appointments are never acceptable. We would like to contact you and look further into this, and to also go over the options we have to assist. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Anonymous / 314868 you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Review
Our Washer broke, went out shopping for a new one. After spending 30 min at local sears, opening machines, reading prices, looking around, no salesperson came over. In the midst of looking a group of 3 pass by us twice without asking if we needed help. Went to Home...

it took 5 years to get them to replace my washer then they charged me several times for a maintenance agreement that i did not want that added up to 5000 ive had a lien on my house now for way over that because i refuse to pay it. for that price i could buy 20 washers. not to mention the rude phone calls i received from them for years :(

View more comments

Sears =terrible company

Sears.ca had a glitch on their website on 04/13/2012 where they had 40' Toshiba TVS for $219 when they should have been $599. I called and ordered 3 and they were shipped. I called numerous times to confirm my order and when I called on Wednesday to see if it was in, they told me there was an error and they had SHIPPED THEM BACK TO THE STORE!! I called and emailed and was told too bad, it was wrong and that i had to pay full price if I wanted it. They emailed me a link to their "disclaimer" on their website and what a load of BS. I had to select "ctrl+f" and search "errors" to find out exactly what they were talking about. They tried to give me a $50 giftcard for the hassel and I told them where to go. Other customers in the same city as me got theirs, it all depended if it was a drop--off location or a Sears store. Next time, I'll run to futureshop and price match and walk out with my tvs thank you very much. I will NEVER deal with sears again.

Wow you are a piece of work as you know it was a pricing error and instead of ordering one you got greedy and ordered three. Good for Sears not giving you any.

Maybe next time you will not be so greedy and may receive the one you ordered like myself. So Sears did honour this mistake and sold me the TV's for $219 and I hope anyone who ordered more than one did not receive any for being so greedy.

hey everyone here is what you do if in case u are stuck going to buy at Sears, get the most out of it. 1st) do your research compare pricing with other.

they match any advertised price on the same product plus usually give another 10% off. 2nd) ask for free delivery hhgregg does it all year every other week. 3rd) wait for it to com to your house be at the truck when the delivery guys show up chances is that the box will open, they what you call open to check for damages which is kinda a waste since they call you the day before to let you know there coming. now you have rescheduled your day to get the delivery then they don't send out your delivery, not to mention the don't call you till late in the day (or no call at all) to tell you that it's not coming for what ever the lie is; but if it does come out undamaged it's still an open box item cause it's to be open in front of you.

so now that you understand that you can now u can ask for an additional 20% off for the open box item( and yes it's still new but it's about the savings).4th and is the greatest you've just stuck it to Sears.

oh if they don't wanna give you 20% ask for a free 5 year extended warranty. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Sears in Livingston, New Jersey - The burner on Elite range keeps burning out

The center ring on my burner keeps burning out. The service man is very nice and caring but the problem is not solved. We bought the stove but did not put it in service for several months as we were building a home. I actually cooked on the stove about 6 months then it went out. It was replaced and then I only cooked on it about 5 months and it went out again. Thank goodness for the expensive service contract. The customer service rep was not kind but I wasn't either. He told me to read my contract and although it took 5 calls to fix it that only counts as one. In order to qualify for the lemon replacement it must burn out four times in 12 months. We winter away from our home for 3 months each year so that is hard to do. One thing about it. Don't buy a $1999. stove from Sears and expect it to work. Although it has the Sears name the rep told me Sears has nothing to do with it or its parts. Nice to know.

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are having with your range. I certainly understand your frustration with having the technician to your home five times to repair the same issue. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle an issue start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assitance to help resolve the issue with your range. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (PC314295) I have assigned you for this website, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears in Tampa, Florida - Ruined sofa cushion

Update by user May 28, 2012

The resolution to my cushion problem was not satisfactory at all. Despite the involvment of Sears HC the only thing the Sears office in Tampa would do is return the $79.95 I paid for the cleaning.

She (Linda) kept insisting that their was previous damage to the cushion. Mind you that is with no marks, damages or stains indicated on the form their tecnhician filled out prior to the cleaning.

My suggestion would be to never use them. Not worth the aggravation.

Update by user May 28, 2012

My suggestion would be to never use them. Not worth the aggravation.

Original review posted by user Apr 23, 2012

On 3-16-12 I had Sears come to clean a couch and 4 cushions that had never been cleaned before. The only reason we had them come was because our infant grandson had spit up milk on the right hand arm of the couch. The gentleman who did the job rested the 2 back cushions on the brown muslin fabric lining the couch which left a stain on those cushions. Sears attempted to clean the cushion a 2nd time but this was unsuccessful. Sears asked to have the cushion in their shop so they could work on it. Initially they asked if I would let them take all 4 cushions (there was a slight stain on the other cushion which was also left on the brown muslin but that one wasn't as noticeable). I agreed but when the young man called that he was coming for my cushion I told him he was supposed to take all 4. He said no so I immediately called Linda (the mgr at Sears Tampa) and she said he was to observe the others. The young man wasn't in my home for more than 1 minute and he had no interest in looking at my other cushions. I insisted he look to establish that they were like new, etc. After 2 days or so Linda called to tell me her techs said that something had been spilled on the back of the cushion. I again reiterated that this was the back of the cushion, that nothing had ever been spilled on it and the couch is barely sat on. I also pointed out that her own people never indicated there was anything wrong with my cushions. After a week she sent back a wrinkled, stretched cushion whose color is off from the other 3., It is not tight like the others and doesn't fit well at all. My perfect couch now has 3 cushions which look brand new and one that looks like they put it through a washing machine 10 times. Despite phone calls to the Tampa office (I am told she is on a conference call repeatedly) and calling Sears Corporate customer Service (they only call Tampa and are told she will call them back)nothing is being done. Can someone HELP me!!! Never again will I use them or recommend them. Thanks Judy Kusnitz e-mail Jkusnitz@tampabay.rr.com

Dear Ms. Kusnitz:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our Carpet and Upholestry Cleaning team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I will forward your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. If you have additional information or need further help, please contact us at smsupport@searshc.com. Again, please accept our sincere apology for the condition that your cushion was returned to you. I know this has caused you quite a bit of frustration and time in handling this issue.

Service
Sears Cleaning Service

Sears in Kansas City, Missouri - Sold me damaged jewelry

I bought an expensive ring and It took almost a month to get it back after having it sized. When I got it the diamonds looked terrible on the sides. SO I took it to a jeweler and I saw for myself how damaged the diamonds were and the gold was scratched terrible. I have sent it back and still have yet to wear my ring and it has been seven weeks. I am taking it to a jeweler as soon as it gets back if it is damaged again I will return it!! I will NEVER buy anything from sears again. I will make sure everyone I know does not either! Worst customer service EVER!!!!!

Buyer beware: Sears Racially Profiles Customers

You're associates in the store and then you're Corporate office need customer training! My experience at the store was extremely traumatic, and from that I will never step into another Sears store again! I was treated like a criminal, my intelligence was underestimated, I was accused of something that I didn't do, and then humiliated in front of a crowd of customers in close proximity also my children, all at the fault of your associates (SARAH #980383) error. I was there to make a return on 3 items that I purchased 2 days prior, which did not work for me, I thought it would be a simple transaction since I had the receipts, tags and items purchased. Assumingly because I "fit a profile" the cashier (Large Hispanic woman #7500) at the returns desk, had a issue with the return or possibly had a issue with African Americans because she automatically had a nasty negative attitude when I got to the counter, where I witnessed her ringing out the customer prior to me, with a completely different domineer. When I told the associate (7500) that I wanted to return my items she looked at me and snatched the receipt out of my hands and asked me what was wrong with the items, and told me that she couldn't return them because they were from the intimate department. She obviously had a problem, because she was flinging and snatching the tags to re-ticket the items and when the return was complete she threw my change on the counter, after I had asked her to stop with the attitude! Then the original checker (Sarah) came up to relieve (7500) on her break, I had asked if she could help me, because I had 2 more returns to do, and she was my original sales associate, which she did. Apparently (Sarah) had forgot to ring up one of the (Buy one, get one half off on the items that I was returning, and she accused me of stealing them, she called security, called about 5 managers and kept repeating very loudly, that she had a customer trying to return items that were not on her receipt. There were several people in line waiting to be for their turn to check out, over hearing my unpleasant experience; I had to wait about 30 minutes while Sarah made several phone calls to security and management. Overall, for the time and effort it was worth, for a $15 dollar return, which if it wasn't on the receipt, I didn't want the money for the return, I just wanted the money back for the one I paid for, I never got an apology from anyone in the store, and when I called Corporate then next day, the lady I spoke with to file the claim, told me that I fit a certain profile, as an African American female, that associates look for? Then she told me to look at my receipt the next time I walk out of a store, and then if the store thought I was guilty of theft, that the store would have called the police. After stating all that, the lady hung up on me and never called back so when I called and got a male associate, he told me that the lady who I spoke with earlier needs training and she should never have said that to me.

I think your intelligence was over estimated

Dear Tanderson217,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and it has raised concern. Please our deepest apology for the poor service you received at your local Sears. We entrust our associates to build relationships with our customers and this did not happen. We are especially sorry for the unprofessional manner in which one of our call center agents handled your complaint. We do appreciate your continued patronage and would like to speak to your further about your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Tanderson217 you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Service
Sears Cashier

Sears false advertising

Bought a mattress + foundation on Sears.com. Only mattress was delivered. Contacted Sears customer service multiple times who claimed the purchase was for the mattress only even though the item description clearly stipulated foundation was included. They acknowledged a mistake on their web site where it shouldn't have said that but would not honor it :/. Only offered for us to purchase the missing foundation for an additional cost at a meager 10% discount which we obviously didn't accept. Unfortunately, mattress could not be returned for a refund. Note that it took them more than 2 months to fix the item description on their web site for this particular item but other mattress brands/sizes still had the same "glitch" so I'm sure a lot of customers got in on the "bait and switch" tactic here :/! Tried every avenue to get them to honor their offer to no avail. before giving up. Next item on our shopping list was a new $3K fridge, needless to say we went to a different vendor. Will never buy anything from Sears again... They lost one customer for life for a $100 mattress foundation.

Dear Hlabbe:

We are truly sorry about the confusion on our website regarding what was included in the mattress order you placed. In most cases, we sell our mattresses and foundations separately. I certainly understand your frustration with placing your order and expecting both a mattress and foundation based on the description for this item online. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this issue further for you and offer our assistance to help resolve it.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Hlabbe) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.