Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Fayetteville, North Carolina - Lied to

My over the range microwave went out. I have an extended warranty. Sears honors it but the amount of time wasted in not being able to go to work and being lied to because the technician never showed up, then lied to a computer that he must've punched in to say no one was home, having to reschedule twice because I was lied to about the time the technician showed up, which cost more lost wages, is not worth it. I could have purchased a new one and come out cheaper. Jesses James had a gun! To top it off every person I spoke to had an accent that made me think they were from China and would not allow me to speak to a supervisor.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and wanted to reach out. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you’ve had with the repair of your over the range microwave. We understand your time is valuable and multiple missed service appointments are never acceptable. We would like to contact you and look further into this, and to also go over the options we have to assist. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the microwave was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Anonymous / 314868 you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

Review
Our Washer broke, went out shopping for a new one. After spending 30 min at local sears, opening machines, reading prices, looking around, no salesperson came over. In the midst of looking a group of 3 pass by us twice without asking if we needed help. Went to Home...

it took 5 years to get them to replace my washer then they charged me several times for a maintenance agreement that i did not want that added up to 5000 ive had a lien on my house now for way over that because i refuse to pay it. for that price i could buy 20 washers. not to mention the rude phone calls i received from them for years :(

View more comments

Sears =terrible company

Sears.ca had a glitch on their website on 04/13/2012 where they had 40' Toshiba TVS for $219 when they should have been $599. I called and ordered 3 and they were shipped. I called numerous times to confirm my order and when I called on Wednesday to see if it was in, they told me there was an error and they had SHIPPED THEM BACK TO THE STORE!! I called and emailed and was told too bad, it was wrong and that i had to pay full price if I wanted it. They emailed me a link to their "disclaimer" on their website and what a load of BS. I had to select "ctrl+f" and search "errors" to find out exactly what they were talking about. They tried to give me a $50 giftcard for the hassel and I told them where to go. Other customers in the same city as me got theirs, it all depended if it was a drop--off location or a Sears store. Next time, I'll run to futureshop and price match and walk out with my tvs thank you very much. I will NEVER deal with sears again.

Wow you are a piece of work as you know it was a pricing error and instead of ordering one you got greedy and ordered three. Good for Sears not giving you any.

Maybe next time you will not be so greedy and may receive the one you ordered like myself. So Sears did honour this mistake and sold me the TV's for $219 and I hope anyone who ordered more than one did not receive any for being so greedy.

hey everyone here is what you do if in case u are stuck going to buy at Sears, get the most out of it. 1st) do your research compare pricing with other.

they match any advertised price on the same product plus usually give another 10% off. 2nd) ask for free delivery hhgregg does it all year every other week. 3rd) wait for it to com to your house be at the truck when the delivery guys show up chances is that the box will open, they what you call open to check for damages which is kinda a waste since they call you the day before to let you know there coming. now you have rescheduled your day to get the delivery then they don't send out your delivery, not to mention the don't call you till late in the day (or no call at all) to tell you that it's not coming for what ever the lie is; but if it does come out undamaged it's still an open box item cause it's to be open in front of you.

so now that you understand that you can now u can ask for an additional 20% off for the open box item( and yes it's still new but it's about the savings).4th and is the greatest you've just stuck it to Sears.

oh if they don't wanna give you 20% ask for a free 5 year extended warranty. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Sears in Livingston, New Jersey - The burner on Elite range keeps burning out

The center ring on my burner keeps burning out. The service man is very nice and caring but the problem is not solved. We bought the stove but did not put it in service for several months as we were building a home. I actually cooked on the stove about 6 months then it went out. It was replaced and then I only cooked on it about 5 months and it went out again. Thank goodness for the expensive service contract. The customer service rep was not kind but I wasn't either. He told me to read my contract and although it took 5 calls to fix it that only counts as one. In order to qualify for the lemon replacement it must burn out four times in 12 months. We winter away from our home for 3 months each year so that is hard to do. One thing about it. Don't buy a $1999. stove from Sears and expect it to work. Although it has the Sears name the rep told me Sears has nothing to do with it or its parts. Nice to know.

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are having with your range. I certainly understand your frustration with having the technician to your home five times to repair the same issue. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle an issue start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assitance to help resolve the issue with your range. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (PC314295) I have assigned you for this website, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears in Tampa, Florida - Ruined sofa cushion

Update by user May 28, 2012

The resolution to my cushion problem was not satisfactory at all. Despite the involvment of Sears HC the only thing the Sears office in Tampa would do is return the $79.95 I paid for the cleaning.

She (Linda) kept insisting that their was previous damage to the cushion. Mind you that is with no marks, damages or stains indicated on the form their tecnhician filled out prior to the cleaning.

My suggestion would be to never use them. Not worth the aggravation.

Update by user May 28, 2012

My suggestion would be to never use them. Not worth the aggravation.

Original review posted by user Apr 23, 2012

On 3-16-12 I had Sears come to clean a couch and 4 cushions that had never been cleaned before. The only reason we had them come was because our infant grandson had spit up milk on the right hand arm of the couch. The gentleman who did the job rested the 2 back cushions on the brown muslin fabric lining the couch which left a stain on those cushions. Sears attempted to clean the cushion a 2nd time but this was unsuccessful. Sears asked to have the cushion in their shop so they could work on it. Initially they asked if I would let them take all 4 cushions (there was a slight stain on the other cushion which was also left on the brown muslin but that one wasn't as noticeable). I agreed but when the young man called that he was coming for my cushion I told him he was supposed to take all 4. He said no so I immediately called Linda (the mgr at Sears Tampa) and she said he was to observe the others. The young man wasn't in my home for more than 1 minute and he had no interest in looking at my other cushions. I insisted he look to establish that they were like new, etc. After 2 days or so Linda called to tell me her techs said that something had been spilled on the back of the cushion. I again reiterated that this was the back of the cushion, that nothing had ever been spilled on it and the couch is barely sat on. I also pointed out that her own people never indicated there was anything wrong with my cushions. After a week she sent back a wrinkled, stretched cushion whose color is off from the other 3., It is not tight like the others and doesn't fit well at all. My perfect couch now has 3 cushions which look brand new and one that looks like they put it through a washing machine 10 times. Despite phone calls to the Tampa office (I am told she is on a conference call repeatedly) and calling Sears Corporate customer Service (they only call Tampa and are told she will call them back)nothing is being done. Can someone HELP me!!! Never again will I use them or recommend them. Thanks Judy Kusnitz e-mail Jkusnitz@tampabay.rr.com

Dear Ms. Kusnitz:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our Carpet and Upholestry Cleaning team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I will forward your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. If you have additional information or need further help, please contact us at smsupport@searshc.com. Again, please accept our sincere apology for the condition that your cushion was returned to you. I know this has caused you quite a bit of frustration and time in handling this issue.

Sears Cleaning Service

Sears in Kansas City, Missouri - Sold me damaged jewelry

I bought an expensive ring and It took almost a month to get it back after having it sized. When I got it the diamonds looked terrible on the sides. SO I took it to a jeweler and I saw for myself how damaged the diamonds were and the gold was scratched terrible. I have sent it back and still have yet to wear my ring and it has been seven weeks. I am taking it to a jeweler as soon as it gets back if it is damaged again I will return it!! I will NEVER buy anything from sears again. I will make sure everyone I know does not either! Worst customer service EVER!!!!!

Buyer beware: Sears Racially Profiles Customers

You're associates in the store and then you're Corporate office need customer training! My experience at the store was extremely traumatic, and from that I will never step into another Sears store again! I was treated like a criminal, my intelligence was underestimated, I was accused of something that I didn't do, and then humiliated in front of a crowd of customers in close proximity also my children, all at the fault of your associates (SARAH #980383) error. I was there to make a return on 3 items that I purchased 2 days prior, which did not work for me, I thought it would be a simple transaction since I had the receipts, tags and items purchased. Assumingly because I "fit a profile" the cashier (Large Hispanic woman #7500) at the returns desk, had a issue with the return or possibly had a issue with African Americans because she automatically had a nasty negative attitude when I got to the counter, where I witnessed her ringing out the customer prior to me, with a completely different domineer. When I told the associate (7500) that I wanted to return my items she looked at me and snatched the receipt out of my hands and asked me what was wrong with the items, and told me that she couldn't return them because they were from the intimate department. She obviously had a problem, because she was flinging and snatching the tags to re-ticket the items and when the return was complete she threw my change on the counter, after I had asked her to stop with the attitude! Then the original checker (Sarah) came up to relieve (7500) on her break, I had asked if she could help me, because I had 2 more returns to do, and she was my original sales associate, which she did. Apparently (Sarah) had forgot to ring up one of the (Buy one, get one half off on the items that I was returning, and she accused me of stealing them, she called security, called about 5 managers and kept repeating very loudly, that she had a customer trying to return items that were not on her receipt. There were several people in line waiting to be for their turn to check out, over hearing my unpleasant experience; I had to wait about 30 minutes while Sarah made several phone calls to security and management. Overall, for the time and effort it was worth, for a $15 dollar return, which if it wasn't on the receipt, I didn't want the money for the return, I just wanted the money back for the one I paid for, I never got an apology from anyone in the store, and when I called Corporate then next day, the lady I spoke with to file the claim, told me that I fit a certain profile, as an African American female, that associates look for? Then she told me to look at my receipt the next time I walk out of a store, and then if the store thought I was guilty of theft, that the store would have called the police. After stating all that, the lady hung up on me and never called back so when I called and got a male associate, he told me that the lady who I spoke with earlier needs training and she should never have said that to me.

I think your intelligence was over estimated

Dear Tanderson217,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and it has raised concern. Please our deepest apology for the poor service you received at your local Sears. We entrust our associates to build relationships with our customers and this did not happen. We are especially sorry for the unprofessional manner in which one of our call center agents handled your complaint. We do appreciate your continued patronage and would like to speak to your further about your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Tanderson217 you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

Sears Cashier

Sears false advertising

Bought a mattress + foundation on Sears.com. Only mattress was delivered. Contacted Sears customer service multiple times who claimed the purchase was for the mattress only even though the item description clearly stipulated foundation was included. They acknowledged a mistake on their web site where it shouldn't have said that but would not honor it :/. Only offered for us to purchase the missing foundation for an additional cost at a meager 10% discount which we obviously didn't accept. Unfortunately, mattress could not be returned for a refund. Note that it took them more than 2 months to fix the item description on their web site for this particular item but other mattress brands/sizes still had the same "glitch" so I'm sure a lot of customers got in on the "bait and switch" tactic here :/! Tried every avenue to get them to honor their offer to no avail. before giving up. Next item on our shopping list was a new $3K fridge, needless to say we went to a different vendor. Will never buy anything from Sears again... They lost one customer for life for a $100 mattress foundation.

Dear Hlabbe:

We are truly sorry about the confusion on our website regarding what was included in the mattress order you placed. In most cases, we sell our mattresses and foundations separately. I certainly understand your frustration with placing your order and expecting both a mattress and foundation based on the description for this item online. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this issue further for you and offer our assistance to help resolve it.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Hlabbe) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Maintenance/Repair and Customer Service

Sears maintenance/repair and customer service, or lack thereof, IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST WE HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!! The customer service representatives and supervisors have ZERO emotional intelligence, NO empathy, and ARE NOT problem-resolution oriented! Frankly, I have no idea how or why Sears is still in business in this tough and competive economy when companies like Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowe's are superior when it comes to their products, repair, warranty, and most of all DOING WHAT IS RIGHT FOR THE CUSTOMER!!! We will certainly not do business with Sears ever again, and word of mouth can be a devastating marketing tool, especially with the internet at everyone's fingertips! On Wednesday, April 4, 2012 I called Sears to schedule a repair for my Samsung front loading washer because when the cycle finished, smoked poured out of the machine when I opened the door. It is under warranty until November 2012. I was informed that a technician could not come out until Monday, April 9, 2012. When the technician came out, he was unable to repair the machine and said parts would need to be ordered. It would take 5-7 business days for the parts to come in, and then we would need to call and schedule an appointment for the technician to come out. My family of four has now been without a washer for 6 days, and waiting another week or longer is absolutely unacceptable for a machine that is still under warranty. My husband called the customer service line and escalated. We were told the parts would be expedited, should arrive by Wednesday, April 11, 2012, and a technician would be able to come our Thursday, April 12, 2012 to repair the machine. Wednesday arrives and only one of the two parts necessary is delivered. My husband calls and escalates the situation again only to be told there is nothing they can do. Eventually, the representative says the only thing they can do is reimburse us $25.00 a week for laundry expenses. The second part arrives on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 and we schedule the technician to come out Friday, April 20, 2012 to install the new parts on a machine. Friday morning we get a call that the technician cannot come out and the appointment is rescheduled for Tuesday, April 24, 2012. IF the technician does come out on the day scheduled, and IF he does repair the machine, it is still 20 days without a washer. A WASHER THAT IS UNDER WARRANTY!!!! I can only imagine how long it would take to resolve this if there was no warranty!

Dear Angrybird18:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are having with your washer which is still under warranty. We certainly understand your frustration with being without your washer for 20 days and would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance to help resolve this issue. We want to make sure that everything that can be done to help is being done. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle a situation start to finish with one dedicated case manager and will own your issue until it is resolved.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Angrybird18) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

Read all the other posts and you will see - if the technician DOES show up on the 24th, and it was only 20 days, then you are one of the luckiest Sears repair customers around, because typically they reschedule a lot more than that and have repeatedly shown that they don't care about customers anymore. It seems almost like their strategy is drive themselves into the ground and go out of business.

With Official Company Response
I wish I had read up on Sears Home Delivery before ordering my mattress from them. When they first scheduled delivery it was during work for me, so I called and gave them 3 different days & times that would work. It ended up scheduled for Saturday between 5-7pm...not a...

Scheduled mattress for Monday 1:15 to 3:15 was the window. I was here all day preparing for the arrival and showered quickly around noon.

At 1 I start looking out my deck for drivers as I live in a condo. Around 1:20 they call my mother to state no one was home and they are leaving. I walk around outside and see no trucks. They state they have the correct address and reschedule for Thursday (today).

We call higher management that states the drivers could return after their route and they would call when on their way. No call. No return back. But I waited.

Waited all day for ***. I get an email last night that they will call and email my window, I heard nothing last night. No call. Why do they have "windows" if they don't honor them.

The unfortunate part is Sears won't let you pick up a mattress so delivery is the only option. I won't do it again.

View more comments