Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I wish I had read up on Sears Home Delivery before ordering my mattress from them. When they first scheduled delivery it was during work for me, so I called and gave them 3 different days & times that would work. It ended up scheduled for Saturday between 5-7pm...not...
Sears Delivery Service

Sears has the Worst Customer Service

i have bought a leaf blower on 04/17/12 for $249.99+Tax at the Nanuet location cause i had a job and i had to use this product my friend recommended me to go to sears he buys all his equipment and tools there and they have good service i went on the job on the 18th a day later put in gas and oil and started leaking oil at start up so i ran over to home depot bought a new one and thought i will return it the next day to sears i went back to sears today on the 19th and the night manager in that department told me that i cannot return it cause the policy was for lawn equipment if im not satisfied i can only exchange it in this situation the product was broken i told the manager that i will call customer relations and complain he told me that he will get a phone call and he will make sure that i won't be able to return it so i called up sears/craftsman and they called the store manager and he told me that this time the manager is right and i can only exchange it i'm never shopping at sears anymore and will tell friends/family to stay away from them they are the worst customer service i ever had!!

I went to sears in overland park kansas and it was awful. Sears computers are way out dated.

I was with my two young sons and we were in one line and the register would not print reciepts so we walked over to jewelry and the register would not work so we spent 33 minutes trying to check out.. Then on top of that they charged me double on two different items. The manager was rude and could care less. I hope sears goes out of buisness.

With the way they treat their customers they must want to!!!! Never going back!!

Dear Tryjoey:

Please accept our apologies for the manner in which your non working leaf blower was handled. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation and offer our assistance to help resolve it. We certainly understand your frustration with not being able to return this non working item only exchange it.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the leaf blower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Tryjoey) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

SEARS IS A RIPOFF

I'm done with SEARS..I will never buy their products or services again (including any of their associated stores like Kmart). Would you believe that I can't even get an idea, just a round figure, of the cost to repair my garage door opener without paying a $75 trip charge to get that estimate? I know what's wrong with the opener. I told the agent on the phone exactly what it needs. They won't even give me an idea so I can 1) decide if I can afford the repair, and 2) decide if it's even worth putting the money into it. They want to be sure their customers spend some money no matter what. They are desperate. Do me a favor...pass this one to everyone. Tell all you know to stay away from the SEARS RIPOFF."

Valued Sears customer,

My name is Scott and I'm part of the Sears Cares Social Media Executive Support Team. We found your post here and wanted to make a connection with you. We sincerely apologize your repair experience was such an unpleasant one. Unfortunately, no matter how obvious the problem may be to our customers, a Sears technician must be dispatched to diagnose an item before parts can be ordered and repairs completed. A service "trip" fee may be incurred for this diagnosis. We'd like to follow up with you regarding this experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the garage door opener was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number). Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (313084) I have assigned you for this website, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.

Sears Cares Social Media Moderator

If they give you a figure and the actual repair was more then you'd complain about that as well. If the opener is old enough that you are wondering if it is worth repairing, it probably isn't.

Sears Repair

Sears in Monroe, Michigan - Worst experience ever, never by appliance here!!Please go elsewhere!!

This is a letter i sent to sears! My Name is ***** and I am at the point of tears. We first walked into a Sears store on March 6th to purchase a dishwasher in Monroe Michigan. The sales person said we needed to order it online since the store was closing. On March 8th we purchased the dishwasher(order# 3********) with my Sears card. we waited to the scheduled delivery date which was March 28th. On March 28th the Installation dept. called and said the dishwasher had been lost and it would not be delivered. We then called customer solutions and talked to many different case workers over the next few days. We finally talked to an case manager named Amy in Arizona who promised us a upgraded dishwasher because the dishwasher was out of stock,(order # *******). She said she couldn't just order it because we had to wait until they re-credited the amount before we could purchase it. We were never able to contact Amy again. On March 31st I called and reordered the dishwasher and I was promised a delivery date of Friday April 13th with installation. Yesterday my husband received a call letting us know they had problems with the paper work and they were going to work to get us our dishwasher by Friday. I was worried about the Friday delivery date so I called Customer Solutions once again tonight and spoke to another case manager in Arizona named Leticia, She informed us we received an email earlier today, but was unaware of any problems with the delivery of our dishwasher. She told us our dishwasher was in the system to be delivered after April 18th. When I disconnected with her I checked my emails and they stated they reprocessed my Dishwasher(without my permission) and will call me April 18th to let me know when they will deliver the dishwasher. I have been waiting since March 8th for my dishwasher to arrive. I do not understand why sears can not get me a dishwasher, since I ordered one over a month ago! I have talked to several Case workers and so far no one has actually been able to get my dishwasher to me. We have been without a dishwasher and have been eagerly waiting and very disappointed every time Sears messes up the order. I am at my wits end and I was wondering if there was something you could do to get us our dishwasher? We are unsure who else to turn to. Thank you for your time. It is now April 17th, we were promised our dishwasher would be delivered today, we wait ed thru the time frame and no dish washer. We called online solutions again and they said "someone must have gave your dishwasher to someone else" installation then said it will be delivered on the 18th and we would get a call tonight with a new time frame, but we waited till 9:00 pm and they never called! I then contacted the installation dept again and the girl stated they don't call at night, they call in the morning and she tells all her customers that. I then asked to speak to a manager because she wouldn't help me any further and she said she would love to and transferred me to a dept which was closed. I called back spoke to someone else and she said they do call at night and she called the installation guy for me. He did not answer his phone, so she said she left a message and they will call first thing in the morning. i am not holding my breath!
AE Service

Hi jessicaann1982,

My name is Scott and I'm with the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. Our team also located your post on another website. We're terribly sorry for all the disappointment and aggravation surrounding your delivery experience. We'd like to help. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number). Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (jessicaann1982) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.

Sears Cares Social Media Moderator

Sears Manager

Sears Credit Wants Their Money and More

I have paid Sears over $12,000 on a $3,000 credit bill and have had my credit ruined because they don't do what they say, will not work with you to pay your bill, and change payment dates to make sure you are charged $39 in late fees. 10 years ago I had trouble paying bills (yes, poor financial managment) and signed up to use Consolidated Credit to pay down around $35,000 in credit card bills. I had $30K in various Visa cards, $1,500 Walmart Card, $1,800 at Belks, and $2,800 at Sears. Consolidated set up an automatic payment for every card and in 5 years I paid off all the bills except for Sears, which was now $3600 due to late fees and finance charges because they kept changing the payment date (CC sent them a payment on a specific day each month that they had negotiated initially). Plus, it showed 30+ days late constantly. We told Consolidated to take them off the list and we would deal with them directly. Then, I called Sears (oh, and BTW, over the 4 years time we paid Sears over $3,600 in payments), and told them what happened and we negotiated a monthly payment, automatic draft, and paid all the late fees to get the account current on monthly payment. They agreed to no finance charges, so we were supposed to just be paying down what we owed. We have paid over $2,500 the past 3 years and still owe over $1,800, and BTW we had $135 in late fees that just showed up on the bill that I've never seen, but apparently has been on there since we started and is listed credit 90+ late on my bill, so my credit rating is SHOT. I called Sears and have NEVER been as mad when I called customer service as I was with these people and made sure the manager said that if I paid what he told me were the late fees, that I will not have another problem again. I have paid the late fees, and am paying a set amount every month, and still owe $1,800. I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN SEARS AGAIN AND TELL EVERYONE TO NEVER GET A SEARS CARD!!! I understand that I was the one that got myself into this situation, but over the past 16 years since I used the card last, I'm still paying on $3,000 worth of charges and have estimated that I have paid for the charges 4 times over. I'm seriously thinking of emptying my savings to get these people off my back, but it's the principle. This is greed, plain and simple, and really poor customer care and service. If they can't see that I haven't charged in over 16 years and have paid I know over $12,000 to the company over that time, you would think they would say "paid in full" and be done with it. BTW, I did buy what I thought was a really nice tiller 10 years ago at Sears, (I needed it and it was really on sale) Sears brand, didn't buy the warrantee (barely had enough money to buy the tiller). It lasted two seasons in a small garden, then the tynes quit for no reason. I took it to get it fixed and it would have cost me twice the cost of the tiller to fix it. So, needless to say, I'm done with Sears, and now think twice about shopping at Kmart.

Are u for real, or just a machine like the rest of sears customer service. Man what a life you must lead all stuffed up and head in the pot like all the grand ceo"s and the BIG BAD BANK> :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x Never again will we do any thing with SEARS K-MART or any bank or other people that u have a connection with

My Dear Brian social Media Moderator Sears social Media Support, How ever you whish to call your self, please give me a break and call it what you like but it's pure and simple BS" and you know it, they should do away with social media support and save there money. :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

BOY IS THAT TRUE. all the abouve is right on except the Brian replay, all like the name BS:

That line at the top from Brian S, Should be what it is BS" All that *** about being sorry is BS" And all that *** about helping you out Is BS" In fact Sears and the bank they do credit with is BS" All they care about is MONEY HOW MUCH CAN WE *** OUT OF FIRST

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry that you’re having this experience with your Sears card. We're truly sorry for the frustration and confusion over your Sears account. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our stores do not outline the credit rules and guidelines.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number, and we will call you directly. In addition please include the screen name that I have assigned you (312776) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

View more comments (4)
With Official Company Response

Sears will not refund cost of flawed matterss

Purchased new mattress from SEARS and 32 days later mattress had a hump in the middle. Called SEARS and they said that they would bring out a replacement mattress. No problem. Replacement mattress came and the guys said that they had a lot of returns on this specific mattress. A week later the "new" mattress had lumps in it. Called SEARS to refund our money and they said that we were out of the 30 day window for refunds but they would replace the mattress or we could up grade to a better mattress but we would have to pay the difference in price. Nothing said about the mattress being flawed or how can we make this better for you. Just no refund. Now there you have the "smart" way big business, and their lawyers, go to keep from refunding a customers money on flawed material, just keep replacing it and eventually they will give up and go away. Shop at SEARS again, I don't think so.
Goliard

Sears did call and the person was very professional but said that they would not refund the money paid but would stand by the warranty of the Sealy mattress. Well we have since replaced the second mattress with a 3rd Sealy mattress from Sears.

The gents that delivered the mattress said that they could see the "hump" in the middle of the mattress. It really is beyond my comprehension that a company would replace a defective mattress with another defective mattress and then do it yet again. Sears can in no way be doing nothing but be losing money on this deal unless they are just passing it through on to Sealy who is just writing the replaced mattress' off. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Now the real kicker is the 3rd mattress has the same problem as the first.

Guess we're going to keep this replacement game up for some time.

I don't know what to tell anyone who reads this other than to really shop around for a mattress and as a "last" resort only go to Sears or Sealy for a mattress.

Goliard,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation Team. I wanted to reach out and apologize for the trouble you have experienced with your mattress. I know it is very frustrating that your new mattress is showing the same signs as your first mattress. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the2 email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your mattress was purchased with (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Goliard) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears Replacement
With Official Company Response
I have to say this was the worst purchasing experience I have ever had. My husband and I ordered a Black Kenmore refrigerator from our local sears. It had really nice features and more importantly it was a larger fridge that met the height requirements of our kitchen ...

I am currently on day 55 of waiting for my oven I ordered and paid for. On phone 40 times with store, social media (customer relations) and everybody else.

Sears must be the WORST company the world has ever seen. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM SEARS or SEARS OUTLET.

View more comments

Sears 7 yr Protection Aggreement

0n 01/2007 we purchased ($11,000) a complete Home Heating an Central A/C system. Paid an extra $1000 for the 7yr master protection plan and 7 yr master repair plan. Every single year since this purchase the A/C unit needs repairing we have nothing but headaches and frustration dealing with sears and all of the run around especially when it comes to the 7yr master agreement . They are now telling us it is only for 5yrs. This is so dishonest and wrong. All consumers be warned about Sears's deceptive practices. The unit has not worked unless it is repaired and recharged . This has gone on too long enough is enough. SEARS NEED TO STEP UP AND HONOR THEIR OBGLIGATIONS TO THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND STOP THESE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. I AM TAKING MY FRUSTRATION AN WILL BE VENTING THESE FEELING ON TWITTER , FACEBOOK AND ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES. We feel at this time we have no other recourse . I will be also contacting my local Better Business Bureau Office.

I too would never purchase any appliance from Sears. I was over-charged for my furnace and was told I have a 10 year warranty.

After teh first year, I started getting advertisments from Sears about purchasing a warranty for the furnace. I called and said I have a 10 year warranty. They told me I only had a one year warranty.

Any appliance sold by Sears is only one year warranty. What a crock.

Any appliance sold by Sears is only one year warranty. What a crock.

I TOO HAVE HAD TROUBLE GETTING SEARS TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY ON MY NEW 9/11 MFG.DATE REFRIGERATOR, IT WORKED FINE FOR THE FIRST 3 OR 4 MONTHS, IT CONTINUED TO RUN MORE AND MORE, UP TO 5 OR 6 HOURS CONTINUALLY, IT GOT WHERE IT NOW RUNS UP TO 15 HOURS WITHOUT STOPPING, HAD SEARS REPAIRMEN OVER TWICE, THEY SAID THE UNIT WAS DESIGNED TO RUN LONG PERIODS AT A TIME, WHEN I ASKED WHY ITS RUNNING MORE AND MORE AS TIME GOES, THEY SAID IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO THAT, I SAY NO WAY, NOW THEY DONT WANT TO REPLACE IT AND CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG THAT NEEDS REPAIR, MY WARRANTY RUNS OUT IN A FEW MONTHS, NOW, IM OUT THE COST OF A REFRIGERATOR, TOO BAD FOR ME TO HAVE CHOSEN SEARS AS MY STORE, BELIEVE ME, NEVER AGAIN, MY FOLKS ALWAYS BOUGHT FROM SEARS, NEITHER I NOR MY KIDS NOR MY FRIENDS, OR THEIR FRIENDS WILL EVER BUY SEARS AGAIN.IN THIS SMALL TOWN, WHICH IVE LIVED IN FOR 70 YEARS,AND OWNED 3 VERY SUCCESFUL BUSINESSES, SEARS NEEDS THE BUSINESS, WELL THEY ARENT GETTING MINE OR ANYONE ELSE I CAN TELL, DONT SHOP SEARS.

:( Sears has been doing wrong since the 1970's when they gave my parents a hard time and now they've given it to me with junk like a washer, dryer, dishwasher,& regrigerator. I'm waiting for the stove and microwave to have issues.

Each applicance either stopped working & to fix cost the amount of purchasing a new one or more. Parts in the frig broke within the first year. Dishwasher doesn't clean well. Had to buy new washer/dryer but I didn't by them at sears and they still work.

Sears will NEVER get my business ever again!!!

The Sears name use to mean quailty now it stands for junk. Bring back the jobs to the USA and maybe then well get better quality and Sears could actually become number 1, till then DON'T SHOP SEARS

Did "Brian" get anything resolved?

Dear Rper,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We're indeed sorry to hear your central air conditioning unit has caused you so much trouble, and you feel that you have been deceive in regards to the length of your protection agreement. We strive to provide our customers peace of mind with their purchases, and service agreements. It is clear that we have come up short of that goal in this case, and would like the opportunity to speak with you more about how we can assist.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the central air conditioning unit was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rper) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

View more comments (5)
Product
Sears Protection Plan

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - They advertise items that they won't sell you

Just drove 8 miles each way to pick up an item from sears that I saw on line. No where near the description on their site. Talked with managers and got a sorry. Big deal. So I call the customer service number and waited for 12 minutes just to get to somebody that said sorry again. Even though they had the ability to fullfill the order, they wouldn't. Never go to Sears. The reconditioned tool kit was discounted and advertised as including a drill, saws, batteries and an impact but the set didn'y have the drill and only had one of the two batteries described

It's called "bait and switch" and it's illegal in most states. Print out the online ad and file a complaint with your state consumer protection agency.

Review
#311937 Review #311937 is a subjective opinion of poster.
With Official Company Response
I ordered nearly $3,000 worth of merchandise (a Husqvarna yard tractor and a Craftsman rear tine tiller) on April 2nd from Sears with a delivery date of April 11th. I took off work to be home to get my merchandise on the 11th. To help move things along, I called and...
arty

I have a similar problem. I can't mow my lawn cause my new $3000.00 Sears mower is broken and had to call 3 times to get someones attention.

They DON'T care as long as they get your money.

Sears lawn mowers are lousy! I had one from Lowes that lasted three years of very hard usage with no problems!

View more comments