Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears Credit Wants Their Money and More

I have paid Sears over $12,000 on a $3,000 credit bill and have had my credit ruined because they don't do what they say, will not work with you to pay your bill, and change payment dates to make sure you are charged $39 in late fees. 10 years ago I had trouble paying bills (yes, poor financial managment) and signed up to use Consolidated Credit to pay down around $35,000 in credit card bills. I had $30K in various Visa cards, $1,500 Walmart Card, $1,800 at Belks, and $2,800 at Sears. Consolidated set up an automatic payment for every card and in 5 years I paid off all the bills except for Sears, which was now $3600 due to late fees and finance charges because they kept changing the payment date (CC sent them a payment on a specific day each month that they had negotiated initially). Plus, it showed 30+ days late constantly. We told Consolidated to take them off the list and we would deal with them directly. Then, I called Sears (oh, and BTW, over the 4 years time we paid Sears over $3,600 in payments), and told them what happened and we negotiated a monthly payment, automatic draft, and paid all the late fees to get the account current on monthly payment. They agreed to no finance charges, so we were supposed to just be paying down what we owed. We have paid over $2,500 the past 3 years and still owe over $1,800, and BTW we had $135 in late fees that just showed up on the bill that I've never seen, but apparently has been on there since we started and is listed credit 90+ late on my bill, so my credit rating is SHOT. I called Sears and have NEVER been as mad when I called customer service as I was with these people and made sure the manager said that if I paid what he told me were the late fees, that I will not have another problem again. I have paid the late fees, and am paying a set amount every month, and still owe $1,800. I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN SEARS AGAIN AND TELL EVERYONE TO NEVER GET A SEARS CARD!!! I understand that I was the one that got myself into this situation, but over the past 16 years since I used the card last, I'm still paying on $3,000 worth of charges and have estimated that I have paid for the charges 4 times over. I'm seriously thinking of emptying my savings to get these people off my back, but it's the principle. This is greed, plain and simple, and really poor customer care and service. If they can't see that I haven't charged in over 16 years and have paid I know over $12,000 to the company over that time, you would think they would say "paid in full" and be done with it. BTW, I did buy what I thought was a really nice tiller 10 years ago at Sears, (I needed it and it was really on sale) Sears brand, didn't buy the warrantee (barely had enough money to buy the tiller). It lasted two seasons in a small garden, then the tynes quit for no reason. I took it to get it fixed and it would have cost me twice the cost of the tiller to fix it. So, needless to say, I'm done with Sears, and now think twice about shopping at Kmart.

Are u for real, or just a machine like the rest of sears customer service. Man what a life you must lead all stuffed up and head in the pot like all the grand ceo"s and the BIG BAD BANK> :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x Never again will we do any thing with SEARS K-MART or any bank or other people that u have a connection with

My Dear Brian social Media Moderator Sears social Media Support, How ever you whish to call your self, please give me a break and call it what you like but it's pure and simple BS" and you know it, they should do away with social media support and save there money. :) :grin ;) 8) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :( :x

BOY IS THAT TRUE. all the abouve is right on except the Brian replay, all like the name BS:

That line at the top from Brian S, Should be what it is BS" All that *** about being sorry is BS" And all that *** about helping you out Is BS" In fact Sears and the bank they do credit with is BS" All they care about is MONEY HOW MUCH CAN WE *** OUT OF FIRST

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry that you’re having this experience with your Sears card. We're truly sorry for the frustration and confusion over your Sears account. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank if you'd like. Please understand that our stores do not outline the credit rules and guidelines.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number, and we will call you directly. In addition please include the screen name that I have assigned you (312776) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

View more comments (4)
With Official Company Response

Sears will not refund cost of flawed matterss

Purchased new mattress from SEARS and 32 days later mattress had a hump in the middle. Called SEARS and they said that they would bring out a replacement mattress. No problem. Replacement mattress came and the guys said that they had a lot of returns on this specific mattress. A week later the "new" mattress had lumps in it. Called SEARS to refund our money and they said that we were out of the 30 day window for refunds but they would replace the mattress or we could up grade to a better mattress but we would have to pay the difference in price. Nothing said about the mattress being flawed or how can we make this better for you. Just no refund. Now there you have the "smart" way big business, and their lawyers, go to keep from refunding a customers money on flawed material, just keep replacing it and eventually they will give up and go away. Shop at SEARS again, I don't think so.
Goliard

Sears did call and the person was very professional but said that they would not refund the money paid but would stand by the warranty of the Sealy mattress. Well we have since replaced the second mattress with a 3rd Sealy mattress from Sears.

The gents that delivered the mattress said that they could see the "hump" in the middle of the mattress. It really is beyond my comprehension that a company would replace a defective mattress with another defective mattress and then do it yet again. Sears can in no way be doing nothing but be losing money on this deal unless they are just passing it through on to Sealy who is just writing the replaced mattress' off. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Now the real kicker is the 3rd mattress has the same problem as the first.

Guess we're going to keep this replacement game up for some time.

I don't know what to tell anyone who reads this other than to really shop around for a mattress and as a "last" resort only go to Sears or Sealy for a mattress.

Goliard,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation Team. I wanted to reach out and apologize for the trouble you have experienced with your mattress. I know it is very frustrating that your new mattress is showing the same signs as your first mattress. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the2 email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your mattress was purchased with (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Goliard) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)
Service
Sears Replacement
With Official Company Response
I have to say this was the worst purchasing experience I have ever had. My husband and I ordered a Black Kenmore refrigerator from our local sears. It had really nice features and more importantly it was a larger fridge that met the height requirements of our kitchen ...

I am currently on day 55 of waiting for my oven I ordered and paid for. On phone 40 times with store, social media (customer relations) and everybody else.

Sears must be the WORST company the world has ever seen. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM SEARS or SEARS OUTLET.

View more comments

Sears 7 yr Protection Aggreement

0n 01/2007 we purchased ($11,000) a complete Home Heating an Central A/C system. Paid an extra $1000 for the 7yr master protection plan and 7 yr master repair plan. Every single year since this purchase the A/C unit needs repairing we have nothing but headaches and frustration dealing with sears and all of the run around especially when it comes to the 7yr master agreement . They are now telling us it is only for 5yrs. This is so dishonest and wrong. All consumers be warned about Sears's deceptive practices. The unit has not worked unless it is repaired and recharged . This has gone on too long enough is enough. SEARS NEED TO STEP UP AND HONOR THEIR OBGLIGATIONS TO THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND STOP THESE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. I AM TAKING MY FRUSTRATION AN WILL BE VENTING THESE FEELING ON TWITTER , FACEBOOK AND ALL THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES. We feel at this time we have no other recourse . I will be also contacting my local Better Business Bureau Office.

I too would never purchase any appliance from Sears. I was over-charged for my furnace and was told I have a 10 year warranty.

After teh first year, I started getting advertisments from Sears about purchasing a warranty for the furnace. I called and said I have a 10 year warranty. They told me I only had a one year warranty.

Any appliance sold by Sears is only one year warranty. What a crock.

Any appliance sold by Sears is only one year warranty. What a crock.

I TOO HAVE HAD TROUBLE GETTING SEARS TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY ON MY NEW 9/11 MFG.DATE REFRIGERATOR, IT WORKED FINE FOR THE FIRST 3 OR 4 MONTHS, IT CONTINUED TO RUN MORE AND MORE, UP TO 5 OR 6 HOURS CONTINUALLY, IT GOT WHERE IT NOW RUNS UP TO 15 HOURS WITHOUT STOPPING, HAD SEARS REPAIRMEN OVER TWICE, THEY SAID THE UNIT WAS DESIGNED TO RUN LONG PERIODS AT A TIME, WHEN I ASKED WHY ITS RUNNING MORE AND MORE AS TIME GOES, THEY SAID IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO THAT, I SAY NO WAY, NOW THEY DONT WANT TO REPLACE IT AND CANT FIND ANYTHING WRONG THAT NEEDS REPAIR, MY WARRANTY RUNS OUT IN A FEW MONTHS, NOW, IM OUT THE COST OF A REFRIGERATOR, TOO BAD FOR ME TO HAVE CHOSEN SEARS AS MY STORE, BELIEVE ME, NEVER AGAIN, MY FOLKS ALWAYS BOUGHT FROM SEARS, NEITHER I NOR MY KIDS NOR MY FRIENDS, OR THEIR FRIENDS WILL EVER BUY SEARS AGAIN.IN THIS SMALL TOWN, WHICH IVE LIVED IN FOR 70 YEARS,AND OWNED 3 VERY SUCCESFUL BUSINESSES, SEARS NEEDS THE BUSINESS, WELL THEY ARENT GETTING MINE OR ANYONE ELSE I CAN TELL, DONT SHOP SEARS.

:( Sears has been doing wrong since the 1970's when they gave my parents a hard time and now they've given it to me with junk like a washer, dryer, dishwasher,& regrigerator. I'm waiting for the stove and microwave to have issues.

Each applicance either stopped working & to fix cost the amount of purchasing a new one or more. Parts in the frig broke within the first year. Dishwasher doesn't clean well. Had to buy new washer/dryer but I didn't by them at sears and they still work.

Sears will NEVER get my business ever again!!!

The Sears name use to mean quailty now it stands for junk. Bring back the jobs to the USA and maybe then well get better quality and Sears could actually become number 1, till then DON'T SHOP SEARS

Did "Brian" get anything resolved?

Dear Rper,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We're indeed sorry to hear your central air conditioning unit has caused you so much trouble, and you feel that you have been deceive in regards to the length of your protection agreement. We strive to provide our customers peace of mind with their purchases, and service agreements. It is clear that we have come up short of that goal in this case, and would like the opportunity to speak with you more about how we can assist.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the central air conditioning unit was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rper) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.

View more comments (5)
Product
Sears Protection Plan

Sears in Chicago, Illinois - They advertise items that they won't sell you

Just drove 8 miles each way to pick up an item from sears that I saw on line. No where near the description on their site. Talked with managers and got a sorry. Big deal. So I call the customer service number and waited for 12 minutes just to get to somebody that said sorry again. Even though they had the ability to fullfill the order, they wouldn't. Never go to Sears. The reconditioned tool kit was discounted and advertised as including a drill, saws, batteries and an impact but the set didn'y have the drill and only had one of the two batteries described

It's called "bait and switch" and it's illegal in most states. Print out the online ad and file a complaint with your state consumer protection agency.

Review
#311937 Review #311937 is a subjective opinion of poster.
With Official Company Response
I ordered nearly $3,000 worth of merchandise (a Husqvarna yard tractor and a Craftsman rear tine tiller) on April 2nd from Sears with a delivery date of April 11th. I took off work to be home to get my merchandise on the 11th. To help move things along, I called and...
arty

I have a similar problem. I can't mow my lawn cause my new $3000.00 Sears mower is broken and had to call 3 times to get someones attention.

They DON'T care as long as they get your money.

Sears lawn mowers are lousy! I had one from Lowes that lasted three years of very hard usage with no problems!

View more comments
With Official Company Response

SEARS IS AWEFUL! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

SEARS IS AWEFUL! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! My husband and I purchased a refrigerator from Sears and have had nothing but trouble with it. It is a Maytag and it is a piece of ***. The salesman was awful. He was so busy trying to push a "service plan" on us for HALF THE COST OF THE ITEM it was difficult to get our questions answered. Because the item was a "manager's special" we were treated like we should not care that it does not work properly. Maytag and Sears have both declined to help us. The deliverymen were horrible and there was a dead cockroach in the bottom of the refrigerator. This has been an awful experience and I will never buy from Sears or Maytag again. I seriously caution anyone who chooses Sears. They sell broken product and will refuse to help you unless you buy a $600 service plan. SCAM!

SearsSucksSoDoesMaytag,

We are so sorry for the disappointment surrounding the service you received when purchasing of your refrigerator. I apologize the delivery was such a terrible experience as well. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers to see how we can be of assistance.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (SearsSucksSoDoesMaytag) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

$2000

SEARS GIVING ME THE RUNAROUND

Update by user Apr 10, 2012

By the way the manager\'s name is Whitney.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2012

Here's my story: DECEMBER - Craftsman Cabinet for $300+, I asked the sales lady if it was ever going to be on sale, but she gave a definite NO! what a bummer. A WEEK LATER - Craftsman Cabinet on SALE $220 Something (I actually forgot how much I bought it because it's been so long) Anyways.. I try to buy it but "OUT OF STOCK" what! They just got it on sale and now it's out of stock?!!! I talked to Ken the sales guy, and he said no need to special order because they have some coming in a couple of weeks, So the sale price will still be in effect by the time it comes in. 2 WEEKS LATER - Called and none yet. THAT SAME WEEK- Called and the sales lady say's YES we have one that came in, but that's reserved for someone that special ordered it. The cabinets are only by special order and the sale price is no longer in effect. WTH?? I said never mind and I'll wait to talk to Ken. JANUARY - Got a hold of Ken and he tells me sorry and that we can special order it and get the same sale price. I say OK, I'll make the order. JANUARY 15 - Special Order and should take 4-6 weeks. 4 WEEKS LATER - NOTHING YET 5TH WEEK - The sales lady does not see my order, even with my name and order number. They have complications and they will call me back. Someone finally calls me back I think it's Whitney and he apoligizes and tells me they found my order and it has not come in yet, also tells me that it's 4-8 weeks and not 4-6 weeks. A WEEK OR SO LATER – Ken calls me and say's sorry because they made a mistake and did NOT order my cabinet, because when they originally placed the order the system was offline. He apologized and was willing to give me a $20 gift certificate, they also have 1 cabinet coming in that week and they will just give that one to me. They also have one on display that has a little dent if I was interested and was not willing to wait. I did tell him I might just take a look at that one and let him know, which I didn't because I decided to wait for the shipment that was coming in. 1 WEEK LATER - Talked to Ken: NOT IN YET (Think this was a Monday) WED - Talked to Ken: IT'S IN! but it's inside the container and we should be unloading and getting to it soon. FRIDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry we haven't got to it yet, we don't have enough manpower to unload the container, should be soon. *Plus your cabinet is in the way back of the container so it's hard to take out. SATURDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry no warehouse employee's to unload the container on the weekends. It Should be done on Monday or Tuesday. TUESDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry we haven't got to it yet, we had a Bomb Scare and did not have time. -i already forgot if I called on Wednesday or Thursday LOL FRIDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry but we unloaded the container and it's not in this shipment. *WTH!!!! ...Then he tells me that they have another container on Monday coming in. ...Now shouldn't he have checked the logs to see if my shipment was in or not, instead of telling me it's in and we can't get to it yet, but soon???? I'm not looking to, or don't want anyone to get in trouble, I even actually liked how the guy helped me out at times, but to keep telling me it's in but they haven't got to it yet, and then to realize that you still don't have it. UPDATE: MARCH 16: Employee say's the Manager is offering me the damaged cabinet for $200.00 (The damage is so bad that it's not even worth that amount.) that's like $20.00 off. MARCH 23: Still not in, and they try to offer me the damaged item they have in stock for the same price, $200.00. APRIL 6: 1 item came in, but they made a mistake and gave it to another customer because the sales lady called the customer to pick it up, even tho that item should have gone to me. Then they say that the manager just put in an order for another cabinet and it should be on the way soon. I try to make a complaint and talk to the manager, but the manager is not in the office, he know's about it and PROMISES to give me a call today so we can talk about what happened. He never called. Now im debating what to do....I haven't received my cabinet, and everyone's telling me to make a complaint.

DEAR SEARS ... YOUR FULL OF BS.

You say this and that, but when we I do talk to you, You really can't do anything about it, and you're sorry. What a JOKE!

Larry,

Please accept our apologies for the ongoing frustration associated with receiving your Craftsman Cabinet. We can understand how upsetting this has been for you. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. We came across your post and wanted to reach out to offer our assistance. We are glad to look into this matter.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the customer name (Larry Vargas) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

SEARS - worst customer service EVER

We went to Sears in Columbus, Indiana to buy an exercise bike. We found the bike we wanted and a store employee walks by and offers to help. We showed him the bike, he checks his handheld device and finds they have one in stock and says he will send a salesperson to help. We waited for at least 15 minutes and no one came. In the meantime my husband went to find someone while I stayed with the bike in case someone showed up. In the meantime another couple shows up, looks at the bike and goes to the checkout line. About ten minutes later this couple comes back with the checkout clerk to buy the same bike!!. I told the clerk we were waiting on someone and he says " there's only 3 people working, you shouldn't expect to get waited on"!! At that time my husband came back and tried to explain but the clerk continued to sell the bike to the other couple! They said they could call a manager but by then we were so pissed we just left. I've bought a lot of Sears stuff in the past, but never again!

Dear Rita Brand,

Please accept our apologies for the upsetting experience you’ve had concerning the purchase of the exercise bike. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are certain that our retail associates tried their best to see you were taken care of, we do not like to see our customers disappointed and would like to speak to you further concerning this experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a “dedicated” case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the exercise bike was to be purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Rita Brand you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

Service
Sears Manager
With Official Company Response

Sears in Dayton, Ohio - Refused to give credit for returned item without receipt

returned an item without receipt but gave the purchasers name and phone number. Item was in original condition and never used. I won this item at a fund raiser and cannot use it. The item is a 209 cc roto tiller from 2011 stocked items. The item was stored and never used or serviced up. I wanted to use the credit at the store for items I could use. I now have come up with the receipt but the clerk says it has gone beyond the 30 days limit for returnable items. I find this to be very wrong for the consumer/

Are you ***? Almost every retailer has this same policy for not returning items without a receipt.

Best Buy, Target, Sears I could go on and on. The reason they do this is so you can't steal something and then go in and return it and they would then pay you for something you stole...... Plus how are they suppose to know the price you paid, did you use a coupon? did you get it on sale?

did you have a gift card?

The list goes on and on again. At least at sears they can look it up with your phone number through their reward program as to where at target you are royally fed if you don't have a recipt.

Hey I have told at least 75 people never to shop at sears/kmart again.Two weeks ago i tried to return a $15.00 part unused for my husbands lawn trimmer. The manager actually sold the WRONG part to my husband.

Unfortunatly we had misplaced the reciept and had paid cash. All I was asking for was store credit towards a $100.00 paint purchase I was making. The cashier said there was nothing she could do. I asked to talk to a manager who said no and would not even come out of his/her office.

So I called customer service..still nothing didnt even take my name. So I promptly went home cut up my sears card and went to local paint store and and purchased $175.00 worth of paint and supplies.

Over the past year I have spent over $2500.00 at sears for personal and business items. Now sales will go to Walmart and local retailers.I cannot believe Sears is willing to lose a customer over $15.00..explains the state of your company.

Dear Wldncooper,

Please accept our apologies for any frustrations you’ve encountered concerning the return of your rotor tiller. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Our retail associate was correct in explaining our return policy. We offer refunds or returns within 90 days of purchase, however if your tiller is gas powered it can be returned, but within 30 days. We would like to get in touch with you and speak further on this situation. We do not like to see our customers inconvenienced and we do appreciate your continued patronage.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a “dedicated” case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the rotor tiller was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Wldncooper you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.