Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

How sears is ripping customers off

we bought 9000 dollars worth of kitchen equipment and washer and dryer this is just another problem plauging this equipment.now the top on the washer is rusting and is a clear case of manufacture defect of equipment which they say will not be covered.clear case that the porcelian was improperly installed from the factory.but even we have paid for an extended warrantry and if the come out to see it we will get a charge for the trip even tho we have a extended warrantry.another case of being ripped of by sears we will never buy another piece of kenmore equipment NEVER AGAIN!!

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for frustrations surrounding your washer. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We understand your concern with the rusting of your equipment. We are certain that our agents have done all they could in helping with this matter. We would like to contact you and further look into what your extended warranty covers and to also go over what options we have to turn this into a positive experience. You are valued as a Sears customer. At you at your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your washing machine was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “Anonymous / 318657” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dear Anonymous318657,

We saw your comment here and wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears Cares for what happened with your Kenmore washer. We apologize for the delay in finding your comments also and wanted to ask you to contact our team, to allow us to check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you. Especially if it has not been resolved so we can ensure this happens. We value your business very much and offer our deepest apologies for any frustration this has caused you and your family.

My name is Robert and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we’d like to step in and resolve this issue for you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number that the Kenmore washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous318657) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Robert B.

Review
I placed an order online with Sears.com, put some tools on layaway. I thought the payments were to be made every month, but they were to be made every two weeks. I got a notice that I needed to make a payment, so I made a double payment. It showed my account as being...
Alan

Having worked at Sears and dealt with customers angry about issues with Sears.com, I can tell you that the manager who called was most likely upset because he got stuck with the problem caused by Sears.com. I worked at Sears here in Hawaii and there are many things that we do not carry that can be ordered online.

When a customer wants to return such an item, we cannot process the return if it is not in our system at the store level. Often we can call the district office and get it put in, but if a customer comes in after 3pm on Friday, nothing will happen until Monday at the earliest. Unfortunately for both customers and store-level employees, we cannot make .com do what's right.

The same goes for service and delivery. We can rant at them all we like, but in the end WE are the ones with the angry customers in our face, not them.

View more comments
Sears Shipping Service

SEARS Roebuck - poorly built water heater led to over priced installation cost

Purchased a new SEARS branded gas hot water heater and bought into having the installation done through a SEARS subcontractor for $229 standard installation. The water heater purchase invoice did say if installation was beyond "standard" or words to that effect, that additonal costs could apply. The water heater inlet and outlet nipples were not "square" to the tank requiring the installer to use a small amount of additional copper tubing and angles for the connections. Plus, the exhaust vent required one additional 90 degree elbow and one longer section of vent piping. The material input was quite minimal and the additional labor partly due to the SEARS product being mis-built, in my opinion. In addition to the $229 basic installation price and as a "standard" fee another $135 was added for the minimal additional material, again, needed due to an out-of-square SEARS water heater. NEVER again will I make a significant purchase from SEARS and, NEVER again will I have ANYTHING installed via a SEARS sub-contractor. Rather, I will purchase directly from the contractors. SEARS has lost this customer.
Sears Installation
Loss

More sears 'Krappe' Again!!

Re: PYT9000 Lawn Tractor 'sears' Krappe! This riding mower has 26 hours of use registered on the hour-meter and is in need of repair again for the fourth time in since Spt. 1st '2010. It was out of service most of last summer which has become old hat for the last two riding mowers purchased at the Ashtabula, Ohio location. The belt broke on the first one at five hours on the hour-meter. Of course it was made in 'china' no doubt so was the 'krappe' mower considering the gauge of the steel components. The 2 Year Warranty expires come September and that causes anxiety regarding future service, repairs and inconvenience from this evidently reject product. As an example the battery was covered for 90 days and had to be replaced last December, as I said the machine has but 26 hours of use. This has become the standard for 'sears' products. Being disabled and having difficulty walking is why I taxed my minuscule budget to procure a riding mower, it takes me nearly eight hours to mow the grass with a push-mower but less than two hours on a rider type. The two mowers purchased have caused nothing but inconvenience, disgust, pain, expense. Not to mention how deplorable my yard has looked the last three years. Now! To add more insult to this sordid circumstance. I called for repair service Friday May 4th and was told of an appointment for the 11th of May. " your appointment is for next Friday the 11th from 1-5 P:M " twice. I then wrote that down in my calendar book at that instant while still on the telephone! When I called the afternoon of May 13th I was told that the appointment was May 18th between 1-5 P:M. I was flabbergasted and purely 'put-out'. I know whom I spoke with and at what times also. I have been in a state of ill-will and disbelief with 'sears' all this decade! Of course now one knows how this snafu came about nor owns up to it. I was never given an explanation what-so-ever! Just the usual effluence of apologies and " thank you for shopping 'sears'. This is revolting. I am going to send facsimiles of this writing to the Better Business Bureau and possible the Ohio Dept. of Commerce and Attorney General for starters. I do not believe customers deserve maltreatment. Period!! ERW-M 15th Mayo '12 @ 0001 Hrs.

Dear For Satisfaction Sake,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our apologies for the continued issues you are having with your riding mower. We understand that this is a much needed item, especially for those who with difficulties such as yourself. We are especially sorry for the repair appointment that was rescheduled without your knowledge, your time is valuable and this can be an inconvenience. We would like to contact you to speak further about your experience and go over the options we have to see your worries are put at ease. At you at your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your riding mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “For Satisfaction Sake” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dear For Satisfaction Sake,

My name is Stephanie L. and I a

Sears Repair

Sears Installation Service is unresponsive

5/12/2012 I ordered installation of a new through the wall air conditioning unit from Sears and it was installed incorrectly. The installation crew chose to tape the old grill cover on to the outside rear edge of the sleeve rather than use the new grill that installs inside the sleeve at the rear and screws down to air conditioning unit. I pointed it out to them and they said what they did, it was good enough. I tried to complain and did not receive any assistance. I have called the 800 Installation service line several times and put on hold for at least 25 minutes each time. I have been hung up on three times after these lengthy hold times. The line rings through and just disconnects. I am going to put their payment on hold until it is fixed to my satisfaction.

Dear MNNice,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are very sorry to hear that the installation team did not install your new air conditioner to your satisfaction. We understand that the proper installation is expected especially after such a large purchase. We are especially sorry that you have not been able to get through our installation line for assistance. We would like to speak with you to further discuss your experience and to also go over how we can assist. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your air conditioner was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “MNNice” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Installation

Sears review in Saint Louis, Missouri: 5 Techs, 6 visits, 20+ hours wasted.

I should have known right away when I called Sears to have my refrigerator fixed that I was in trouble. Me: "Hi, I'm calling to see if a technician can come out and take a look at my refrigerator." Sears Rep: "Certainly, Ma'm. What seems to be the problem?" Me: "Well, it's much too cold. My milk is freezing." Sears Rep: "And would your milk be in the refrigeration or freezer part of the unit?" (Long pause) Me: "Refrigerator?" (Apparently, there are some people out there that are unintentionally freezing their milk. Go figure.) Sears Rep: "Right. Well, we can send out a technician on Thursday, April 26th to help." April 26th: Tech. #1 diagnoses damper issue. Reschedule for part isn't on truck and parts dept. closes in 10 minutes. April 27th: Tech #2 comes and replaces new board & damper control. May 1st: Tech #3 comes and replaces thermosister. May 3rd: Tech #4 comes when parts dept is closed. Reschedules for Sat. (Says he is determined to find problem.) May 5th: Tech #4 tests thermosister and says it's bad and replaces it with new, functioning one. May 9th: Tech #5 replaces damper control. Calls the other techs a bunch of *** May 10th: Been over 30 hours now and my refrigerator is finally working properly again. (Sigh.) Sears: "Wherever You Bought it...We'll Repair it. EVENTUALLY." (F@#$!!!)

I have had worst experience with Sears service for repair of Kenmore refrigerator. It has been a month since I placed first service call and refrigerator is still not fixed.

First time the service man simply did not show up on the day of appointment. No apology from sears for missed appointment while I missed a day of work to keep the appointment. Called again, this time service man came after a week and diagnosed with confidence that compressor was bad. He ordered the parts and made appointment for next week.

Next week a new technician shows up who diagnosed a leak in the condenser unit and said compressor was not an issue, however it needs to be replaced since leak in system caused its contamination. Now he ordered the parts and set up appointment for next week. When I called to complaint sears, the person on the phone told me they are doing the best they can, I should have bought the service contract with them. Why would anyone buy a service contract for their incompetent and poor service?

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN forget about service. :(

Sears Repair

SEARS-Bait and Switch Online

Ordered a small flat screen TV online for a very good sale price, received a confirmation email and an estimated arrival date. As this TV Supposedly came from a store (I had a "salescheck number" as my only proof that it came from a store-still don't know which store it was). I waited and waited, and inquired, and waited for ONE MONTH. Finally, the good folks at Sears agreed to credit me and apologized, telling me that it was an "out of stock item" Huh??? I paid for it, it "Shipped", I had a "salescheck number" How does one ship an item that doesn't exist????? I was charged for something that never existed?? The good folks at Sears, had no reasonable explaination for this situation. They seemed to have a hard time understanding my rather basic questions. They did however, very generously provide me a link to another TV on their site, virtually identical to the one I had ordered, that just happened to cost $100.00 more than I paid. Thought this was illegal.

Sears.com won't issue refund

I ordered a bicycle. A few days later I got an email that it was ready for pickup. When I called the store they told me there was an issue with my order (the bike had been damaged during assembly) and I would have to cancel the order. So I did. This was almost a month ago. I have a cancellation confirmation # but I still haven't seen a refund on my credit card, and part of it was paid with a gift card which also was never credited. Getting a supervisor on the phone is a nightmare. I've spent hours on the phone with this issue. This is a very backward, unprofessional company that I will never do business with again.

I have the exact same *** with a lawn mower. Returned it.

Guy in store had problems with refund and I had to walk away after an hour of watching him and slowly dieing inside.

Now I'm in a ridiculous e-mail thread with customer support where they reply once per day asking questions that they already have answers to if they would just refer to the order number they already have. *** imbeciles.

Loss

Sears review in Seattle, Washington: Can't fix my television right

Update by user Aug 29, 2012

stephanie L. from Sears has never contacted me after i sent her all of the requested information.

This is just Sears trying to convince pissed consumers that they care. Nice try Stephanie.

Update by user Aug 28, 2012

still watching this annoying defective television. I was contacted by email from someone at Sears consumer headquarters that they may be able to help but after I responded i never heard back from them. Sears used to be great but now seems to have monumental problems and is very unprofitable and i am hoping i can resolve this before they go under.

Update by user Jun 14, 2012

as an update it has now been 8 times Sears has sent repair people out and the set is still not fixed. I cant understand it.

they must have a fortune invested in this. on the 7th visit there were 2 repairmen in two trucks both coming from a couple of hours away and they replaced nearly everything in the set

Original review posted by user May 08, 2012

six times Sears has been out to fix my flat screen purchased there and keeps repairing the same part which does not fix the problem. Then they made me purchase an extended warranty or would not come out again. Now they are telling me i must wait 2 weeks for a part and i am without a tv. they admit that there is no assurance it can be fixed. The manufacturer, LG, says they should have replaced the set after trying to fix it the first time and that I should have bought the set somewhere else. Stay away from Sears.
jsklink@hotmail.com

still no help from Sears regarding my faulty television even though i have the extended warranty and a rep said they would help. It has been over a year and a half and it still does not work properly

Dear Jsklink@hotmail.com,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and would like to extend our apologies for the troubles you have encountered with the repair of your television. We understand that a total of six repairs can be frustrating. We would like to contact you and look further into this on your behalf to also go over what options we have in order to assist. At you at your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your television was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “Jsklink@hotmail.com” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Review
SEARS will not take my number OFF of their call list and they will not deliver my appliance. I am getting harassed by the phone number 1-888-567-3452 and I am starting to lose my mind. I have already called my attorney generals office and I will be forced to call...

AGREE!!! SEARS IS THE WORST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

The Sears Automated Phone System is the most *** system I never experienced that simply drive customer crazy! I were in an endless Re-Schedules NIGHTMARE over 6 weeks!!!!! The worst is every day, Sears Automated Phone System (888-567-3452) called us saying, your scheduled delivery and install has been delayed. You need to call back to RE-SCHEDULE!

We called, confirmed the re-scheduled date.

The next day, the Automated Phone System will call and left the same message again 3 days in a row! We have been treated with RE-SCHEDULE over and over since last year November 29th!!! Is that still not enough?! I called them and told them stop calling us if there is no change for the next appointment, they said that's how the system setup,, it may keep calling until the next schedule.

Huh?!

Sears has zero customer care. It is working as *** auto system!

View more comments