Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

SEARS IS AWEFUL! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

SEARS IS AWEFUL! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! My husband and I purchased a refrigerator from Sears and have had nothing but trouble with it. It is a Maytag and it is a piece of ***. The salesman was awful. He was so busy trying to push a "service plan" on us for HALF THE COST OF THE ITEM it was difficult to get our questions answered. Because the item was a "manager's special" we were treated like we should not care that it does not work properly. Maytag and Sears have both declined to help us. The deliverymen were horrible and there was a dead cockroach in the bottom of the refrigerator. This has been an awful experience and I will never buy from Sears or Maytag again. I seriously caution anyone who chooses Sears. They sell broken product and will refuse to help you unless you buy a $600 service plan. SCAM!

SearsSucksSoDoesMaytag,

We are so sorry for the disappointment surrounding the service you received when purchasing of your refrigerator. I apologize the delivery was such a terrible experience as well. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers to see how we can be of assistance.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (SearsSucksSoDoesMaytag) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

$2000

SEARS GIVING ME THE RUNAROUND

Update by user Apr 10, 2012

By the way the manager\'s name is Whitney.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2012

Here's my story: DECEMBER - Craftsman Cabinet for $300+, I asked the sales lady if it was ever going to be on sale, but she gave a definite NO! what a bummer. A WEEK LATER - Craftsman Cabinet on SALE $220 Something (I actually forgot how much I bought it because it's been so long) Anyways.. I try to buy it but "OUT OF STOCK" what! They just got it on sale and now it's out of stock?!!! I talked to Ken the sales guy, and he said no need to special order because they have some coming in a couple of weeks, So the sale price will still be in effect by the time it comes in. 2 WEEKS LATER - Called and none yet. THAT SAME WEEK- Called and the sales lady say's YES we have one that came in, but that's reserved for someone that special ordered it. The cabinets are only by special order and the sale price is no longer in effect. WTH?? I said never mind and I'll wait to talk to Ken. JANUARY - Got a hold of Ken and he tells me sorry and that we can special order it and get the same sale price. I say OK, I'll make the order. JANUARY 15 - Special Order and should take 4-6 weeks. 4 WEEKS LATER - NOTHING YET 5TH WEEK - The sales lady does not see my order, even with my name and order number. They have complications and they will call me back. Someone finally calls me back I think it's Whitney and he apoligizes and tells me they found my order and it has not come in yet, also tells me that it's 4-8 weeks and not 4-6 weeks. A WEEK OR SO LATER – Ken calls me and say's sorry because they made a mistake and did NOT order my cabinet, because when they originally placed the order the system was offline. He apologized and was willing to give me a $20 gift certificate, they also have 1 cabinet coming in that week and they will just give that one to me. They also have one on display that has a little dent if I was interested and was not willing to wait. I did tell him I might just take a look at that one and let him know, which I didn't because I decided to wait for the shipment that was coming in. 1 WEEK LATER - Talked to Ken: NOT IN YET (Think this was a Monday) WED - Talked to Ken: IT'S IN! but it's inside the container and we should be unloading and getting to it soon. FRIDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry we haven't got to it yet, we don't have enough manpower to unload the container, should be soon. *Plus your cabinet is in the way back of the container so it's hard to take out. SATURDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry no warehouse employee's to unload the container on the weekends. It Should be done on Monday or Tuesday. TUESDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry we haven't got to it yet, we had a Bomb Scare and did not have time. -i already forgot if I called on Wednesday or Thursday LOL FRIDAY - Talked to Ken: Sorry but we unloaded the container and it's not in this shipment. *WTH!!!! ...Then he tells me that they have another container on Monday coming in. ...Now shouldn't he have checked the logs to see if my shipment was in or not, instead of telling me it's in and we can't get to it yet, but soon???? I'm not looking to, or don't want anyone to get in trouble, I even actually liked how the guy helped me out at times, but to keep telling me it's in but they haven't got to it yet, and then to realize that you still don't have it. UPDATE: MARCH 16: Employee say's the Manager is offering me the damaged cabinet for $200.00 (The damage is so bad that it's not even worth that amount.) that's like $20.00 off. MARCH 23: Still not in, and they try to offer me the damaged item they have in stock for the same price, $200.00. APRIL 6: 1 item came in, but they made a mistake and gave it to another customer because the sales lady called the customer to pick it up, even tho that item should have gone to me. Then they say that the manager just put in an order for another cabinet and it should be on the way soon. I try to make a complaint and talk to the manager, but the manager is not in the office, he know's about it and PROMISES to give me a call today so we can talk about what happened. He never called. Now im debating what to do....I haven't received my cabinet, and everyone's telling me to make a complaint.

DEAR SEARS ... YOUR FULL OF BS.

You say this and that, but when we I do talk to you, You really can't do anything about it, and you're sorry. What a JOKE!

Larry,

Please accept our apologies for the ongoing frustration associated with receiving your Craftsman Cabinet. We can understand how upsetting this has been for you. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. We came across your post and wanted to reach out to offer our assistance. We are glad to look into this matter.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the customer name (Larry Vargas) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

SEARS - worst customer service EVER

We went to Sears in Columbus, Indiana to buy an exercise bike. We found the bike we wanted and a store employee walks by and offers to help. We showed him the bike, he checks his handheld device and finds they have one in stock and says he will send a salesperson to help. We waited for at least 15 minutes and no one came. In the meantime my husband went to find someone while I stayed with the bike in case someone showed up. In the meantime another couple shows up, looks at the bike and goes to the checkout line. About ten minutes later this couple comes back with the checkout clerk to buy the same bike!!. I told the clerk we were waiting on someone and he says " there's only 3 people working, you shouldn't expect to get waited on"!! At that time my husband came back and tried to explain but the clerk continued to sell the bike to the other couple! They said they could call a manager but by then we were so pissed we just left. I've bought a lot of Sears stuff in the past, but never again!

Dear Rita Brand,

Please accept our apologies for the upsetting experience you’ve had concerning the purchase of the exercise bike. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are certain that our retail associates tried their best to see you were taken care of, we do not like to see our customers disappointed and would like to speak to you further concerning this experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a “dedicated” case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the exercise bike was to be purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Rita Brand you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Manager
With Official Company Response

Sears in Dayton, Ohio - Refused to give credit for returned item without receipt

returned an item without receipt but gave the purchasers name and phone number. Item was in original condition and never used. I won this item at a fund raiser and cannot use it. The item is a 209 cc roto tiller from 2011 stocked items. The item was stored and never used or serviced up. I wanted to use the credit at the store for items I could use. I now have come up with the receipt but the clerk says it has gone beyond the 30 days limit for returnable items. I find this to be very wrong for the consumer/

Are you ***? Almost every retailer has this same policy for not returning items without a receipt.

Best Buy, Target, Sears I could go on and on. The reason they do this is so you can't steal something and then go in and return it and they would then pay you for something you stole...... Plus how are they suppose to know the price you paid, did you use a coupon? did you get it on sale?

did you have a gift card?

The list goes on and on again. At least at sears they can look it up with your phone number through their reward program as to where at target you are royally fed if you don't have a recipt.

Hey I have told at least 75 people never to shop at sears/kmart again.Two weeks ago i tried to return a $15.00 part unused for my husbands lawn trimmer. The manager actually sold the WRONG part to my husband.

Unfortunatly we had misplaced the reciept and had paid cash. All I was asking for was store credit towards a $100.00 paint purchase I was making. The cashier said there was nothing she could do. I asked to talk to a manager who said no and would not even come out of his/her office.

So I called customer service..still nothing didnt even take my name. So I promptly went home cut up my sears card and went to local paint store and and purchased $175.00 worth of paint and supplies.

Over the past year I have spent over $2500.00 at sears for personal and business items. Now sales will go to Walmart and local retailers.I cannot believe Sears is willing to lose a customer over $15.00..explains the state of your company.

Dear Wldncooper,

Please accept our apologies for any frustrations you’ve encountered concerning the return of your rotor tiller. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Our retail associate was correct in explaining our return policy. We offer refunds or returns within 90 days of purchase, however if your tiller is gas powered it can be returned, but within 30 days. We would like to get in touch with you and speak further on this situation. We do not like to see our customers inconvenienced and we do appreciate your continued patronage.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a “dedicated” case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the rotor tiller was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Wldncooper you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (2)

SEARS - horrible service

I bought a washer/dryer and they assured me it was in stock. They called Saturday and Sunday night, an automated call, to tell me delivery was on Monday. Monday morning they called to state they did not have the merchandise in stock and delivery would be delayed. I canceled the order which was over $2,300.00. I aksed that my bank account be credited right away. The order was cancelled but several days later I do not have my money back. Each time I call they tell me a different story, they are rude, they hang up, they put me on hold and then hang up. They will not even give me their first names. What was happened to SEARS? Bad customer service, no accountability, no intregrity. I will never buy anything there again!!

Dear Livinlifeinia,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I would first like to apologize for the frustrations surrounding the delivery of your washer and dryer. It is understandable why you would be discouraged, you were advised your items were to be delivered and it looks like it was not followed through. We would like to speak to you further about your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a “dedicated” case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Livinlifeinia you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Delivery Service

Update by user Apr 05, 2012

This video is of the delivery guy dropping the box and still delivering it to me without notice of the drop/damage

Original review posted by user Apr 05, 2012

The whole situation started with a good purchase and a good microwave. About 1 month in the door wont open properly and when you hit start, the light comes...

Miked0602,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this terrible experience you have had with our delivery team. I have reviewed your link from youtube.com and I am appalled that you as our customer continue to be inconvenienced by this. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation Team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations department and we handle the highest of customer relations issues. I would like to put you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers so we can get this problem solved.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your microwave was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Miked0602) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments

Sears rip-off

I went to a Sears hardware store in Westvale NY (outside of Syracuse) for vacuum bags and filter. The filter was 9.99 on peg, but it is 19.99 at checkout. Clerk goes to aisle, brings sign back to counter, it says 19.99. I go back, find the peg with the filters on it which says 9.99. Which one do you believe? Doesn't matter, no joy. And I tell them I can get the bags online, 10 bags for 9.99. They want 6 bucks for 3 bags! I told them to pack in the filter. Found it online at vacuumsinc.com for 10 bucks, same item. Cost all of 29 cents to make....and it's only 4 x 6 inches! At these prices, they should go out of business.

Sears will be out of business in 5 years

We bought a dishwasher at Sears in November. We paid for and scheduled the installation in the store for the following week. The installer never showed up and we later received a call that the delivery was delayed. When we called the 800 number left on our voice mail, the customer service person, who was obviously foreign and not good at English, asked us why we were calling (?!). She then "couldn't see the screen" that would show her exactly what the problem was. We went through these awful customer service calls about a dozen times; we would get an automated voice mail during the day, we would call back in the evening, and the customer service people would actually ask us what the nature of the problem was. We would say, "We don't know- YOU are supposed to know!" It was hopeless. After TWO MORE rescheduled but failed deliveries, we find out that our dishwasher was discontinued & will never be delivered. We waited 6 weeks for a refund. We then foolishly went to the local Sears outlet, thinking that they are smaller and will literally put our name on the item and deliver within a week. We paid for and scheduled the installation in the store. The installer never came and so at the end of the 3-hour window of time, we called the store. Guess what- they couldn't find our dishwasher! Then, the installer called us a week later & told us that they had the unit & could reschedule the delivery. Guess what- they called us the night before and said they lost the dishwasher! Waited another 6 weeks for a refund. 4 1/2 months wasted with Sears. Store managers were completely unsympathetic and disinterested. Outsourced customer service was atrocious. We will never shop there again.
nikalseyn

Don't fall for it, Madlebomommy. If the "Searscares" comment is legit, it is still an attempt by Sears at damage control---not improving customer service.

Having worked in this area for decades, I recognize the key words she is using: "issue", "my team", "point of contact", and "escalated concerns". These people *** you into believing they can and will help you in an attempt to convince the reader of your complaint that Sears is really a good but misunderstood company who only wants to do what's right.

Don't waste your time. Those of us who grew up shopping at Sears no longer do, for the reasons cited by you, among others.

Sears Installation
I place an order with the sears outlet store online, March 1, 2012 for a washer and dryer. Before completing my order, I called each warehouse where the items were located to verify that they were available and in good condition. Once that was done, I scheduled my...
#462091

I really appreciate the information! I will start that process immediately!

Thank you!

Sears Shipping Service
With Official Company Response

Sears is sending me emails on my family's account

I have spoken with four customer service representatives. The first one accidently disconnented. The second said," There's nothing I can do" and I asked for his supervisor and he transferred me to the beginning menu. The third representative transferred me to another area where the lady interrupted and spoke over me when I was trying to explain the problem. She actually yelled and me and hung up. The problem is that I am receiving account information regarding my father's account. I purchase appliances through sears and gave them my email. I have no business receiving information and advertisments for them. Being professional and secure is not an option. ALL I asked was for them to check my father's account that my email was not attached to his account because IT IS! Scary.

Hello Sadsears,

My name is Robert and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. I can only imagine your frustration and hassle with this issue. We can help get you in touch with a supervisor with CitiBank, who handles Sears’ credit. Sears is the retailer and not the bank, thus CitiBank makes all banking decisions, rules and parameters.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sadsears) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.