Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears Kenmore washer flooded home.

Moved into brand new home. Bought new Kenmore washer, dryer and refridgerator. Afrer delivery washer flooded home from bad hot water valve on washer, confirmed by Sears technition. Had to have baseboards and carpet pulled and a week of fans and dehumidifiers running. Its been a week and Sears will not replace the washer. Getting the run around. Terrible customer service, they just dont care. Getting a lawyer Monday. Dont buy from Sears you will regret it! Rude people on their all lines, disrespectful attitudes. We have over $29,000 in damage to our home we just had built. This company will be gone in a few years. Wish we would have went to Home Depot.

I worked at Sears for 2 years in Central FL. As a sales person I was literally forced by the store manager to give people raw deals on guarantees.

It was an outlet (new/used items) and on the used items I was told not to mention guarantees, this way Sears would make even more money should the machines break down.

They tried to fool the people into thinking used items did not have valid guarantees. This is the price of success and the American people are paying for it.

Do Not Buy from Sears on-line

I purchased a dishwasher two weeks ago and made the mistake of paying to have Sears install it. We've now scheduled two different installation days and on both days there was no dishwasher at the store to install. Of course I found out they wouldn't be installing it after waiting four and five hours respectively. I've talked to their install department ( 800-497-4402) and none of them have a clue. I've talked to supervisors Antonie, Marlyn, Nick and even a lady at corporate by the name of Amanda. Two weeks ago and still no dishwasher installed and get this.....they have no idea when they'll get it. I just spent a little over an hour with Nick who transferred me to Lisa who had no idea who I was or why I was transferred to her. If Sears monitors this site, the install was for 1034 Huntcliff and the invoice ended with 555. Sears is terrible.
Service
Sears Installation

Sears in Hillsboro, Oregon - Make sense why Searas is going down hill

It completely makes sense why this once high flying company, Sears, is going down hill. I ordered an excercise machine to be delivered to the store. They promised me a date of 3/21. First I did not get a call from them, when I called Sears, no one would answer the phoen. I went there in person on 3/24 they could not find my order. I went to the sales person who sold me, and showed my receipt he went to the order pickup and came back and said there was "not enough room in the truck so they did not shp it". But they will certainly have it on 3/28. Guess what 3/28 came and went, no machine. No one to pick up phone. I called the Sears customer center. They tried to reach the store, no one will pick up for them either. Most likely I won't get it from Sears. Now I understand why people don't buy from Sears. This once iconic store is all but gone.

I really feel bad for you just learning how sears operates. I had problems with them 40 years ago and haven't been in a store since. They are out for themselves and don't care about customers.

Sears in Atlanta, Georgia - Electric Range Parts

Purchased $1200 worth of electric range and extended warranty. The hidden bake cover was warped. Ordered another one... Warped and damaged. Said they send another one, got the wrong part, ordered another one, got a diferent wrong part that was severely damaged. They said they'd send another one, then got an email stating my order is incomplete. Now on the phone with Sears for the 5-6th time trying to get this resolved. Been on hold for half hour. Get transfered all over the place and continually have to repeat my name and address...What a joke..Now they say they are going to send the correct part again.

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of having to continue to wait for your hidden bake cover. We understand your time is valuable, we can assist. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the electric range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name” Anonymous / 308194 ” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

With Official Company Response

Sears doesn't stand by it's product

Went to use my Sears Air Compressor that I paid $300.00 and only used 3 or 4 time since buying in August of 2010. Motor started sparking so took it to store and will cost $216.00 to replace burnt up motor. Repairman said we have new ones for $299.00. Sears would not cover anything because Ididn't buy the extented warranty. I didn't but warranty because it was a craftsman top of the line. I informed the repairman I wont buy another if it was only can work 3 or 4 times. I will go go homedepot and purchase a Husky for half the price and better warranty and doesn't say SEARS CRAFTSMAN. Sears Craftsaman isn't want it used to be.

You didn't buy the extended warranty. Who's fault is that?

Dear Delbert,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I’m sorry to hear you have been without your Air Compressor, I’m sure it was an inconvenience for you. We are certain our associate did what he could do to assist, however our team would like to get into contact with you at this point. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Air Compressor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “ Delbert ” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

View more comments (1)

Sears.com Worst customer service

Sears.com has the worst costumer service! I ordered a washer and dryer and all the assesories to go with it. I noticed that only a portion of the 2050.00 dollars I spent was taken out of my account. Called them the next day to see why and was told they have no explanation on why half my order was cancelled. So I cancelled the whole order and was told my $985.56 would be credited back to my account in 48 hours. Four days later still no credit. Called again and was told it would take another 3 to 5 days. I waited 8 days. Called again and was told it would be another 5 days! Absolutely unexceptable. They have basically stolen my money! I am still waiting for my refund. Sears.com is is the worst online retailer and should be shut down!

Danko.

Please accept our apologies for the ongoing frustration concerning your online order and your refund. We understand how upsetting it can be not knowing where your funds are and when you will receive them. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations division and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can get to the bottom of this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your washer and dryer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Danko) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response

SEARS FALSE ADVERTISING - AGAIN!!!

I brought my mother in law to my local Sears Outlet store in Concord NC. She purchased a Bosch washing machine. The advertised sale at the time was no interest for 12 months if put on a Sears card. She was unable to qualify for a Sears credit card so the salesgirl (who knew me by name because I was such a frequent customer) suggested it be put on my credit card. In front of the salesgirl, my mother-in-law wrote 11 post dated checks to cover the entire purchase before the 12 months expired. Now, I see Sears charged me 25% interest. This is definitely FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, and by the looks of what other Sears customers have posted, it is a frequent occurrence. My bank has charged me overdraft charges because of these excess charges. I want interest and bank fees reimbused immediately. I will also contact Better Business Bureau.

It's YOUR fault because YOU authorized the payment in excess of YOUR bank account.

Please contact the BBB - it will give them something to laugh about at the office.

Amollahassani,

Please see our response to your original post (307728). Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience you are going through and hope to hear from you very soon.

View more comments (1)
Product
Sears Credit Card
With Official Company Response

Sears Duct Cleaning is a complete sham!

Two Sears workers showed up without the right equipment to do the job. I gave them another chance to do the job right. They returned with some little brush. After it got stuck in one of my vents I through them out. Good thing I didn't give them my credit card #. When I spoke to their boss on the phone he tells me that the equipment they came with was just as effective as the equipment in their video. When I asked the workers if they had that equipment with them they said so. So all they were doing was sticking an open ended pressurized hose down the duct work for just a few feet. Total Waste. Save yourself a lot a trouble and do not deal with this Co.

Jimd1234,

My name is Zenaida and I form part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. I apologize for my late response. I stumbled across your post and wanted to learn more about this unfortunate home visit. We are truly sorry your unpleasant encounter with our home service crew. We would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers. I know your time is valuable and I want to assure you our case manager will work with you to make this right.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can get to the bottom of this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your appointment was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jimd1234) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Product
Sears Credit Card

Sears/Carrier HVAC SCAM

Got another call from Sears Blue Ribbon Customer Service after my initial post on Pissed Consumer. I spoke with Ellen who was calling "to help me." After going over the whole senario again I get a phone message on my answering machine she cannot do anything it was turned over to the "legal" department which has already refused to fix the defective unit put in my house. I am interested in hearing from those wanting to join a class action suit with SEARS. I also am going to post an electronic billboard ad displaying the SEARS/CARRIER SCAM and name those involved in the scam. The company projects the billboard will get at least 10 million viewings. I am sending advance notice to all Carrier Dealers in town to advise them of the SEARS FRAUD and let them know the ad is coming. Anyone wanting to join in on this can contact me at miclinks@yahoo.com or call my cell phone at 816-304-7747. Finally I am meeting with an attorney next week and I am filing complaints with the State Attorney General and the Department of Energy about SEARS/CARRIER selling HVAC units stating they are energy efficient when they are not and they do not cool effectively.

Sears in Boston, Massachusetts - Never again

Worst ever. Never again. I purchased a large work table for my company. I thought a brand like Sears would stand behind the purchase. They shipped it through another vendor Tiger Supplies. The Table arrived very damaged. I called the same day to have it replaced. 8 days later, after numerous 1 hour calls and countless emails - no response. Don't even think about purchasing online from these folks. You will be lost in a meaningless wasteland of overseas "customer service" drones with no power to do anything except read a script." Sears does not care about their customers and apparently, they don't care about the vendors that ship under their name. When you spend hundreds of dollars on an items, you expect it to arrive without damage. When you call customer service once, you expect to have the issue resolved. How difficult is it to ship out a new top?

I expect Sears to stand behind their vendors. It should not make a difference if Sears shipped it or the vendor the endorse.

If they are going to put their brand name on the selling site and all customer communications, they should manage that transaction.

Instead, they are using their brand to dupe people into using vendors they would have otherwise not chosen. The insult added to injury is that when things go wrong, Sears tries to push off the blame and suddenly it's not their problem.

Sears online is a "market place" . Sears online allows other websites to use their domain.

This is to give the consumer more choice. If the item purchased on sears.com is from Sears and it sounds like the item you purchased was from another vendor using the site your return or complaints should be with that company.

If this item was ordered in the store the associate should have explained to you. A good idea( more to choose from in one site) gone bad (not being informed by the associate)

nikalseyn

Sears is no longer a dependable company. I always go to a local store, even if it is a big box one, and physically look at the items and then buy from them if I like it.

Saves time, money, and I know what I am really supposed to get. With mail order, as you found out, youse takes yo chances.

View more comments (2)