Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears doesn't stand by it's product

Went to use my Sears Air Compressor that I paid $300.00 and only used 3 or 4 time since buying in August of 2010. Motor started sparking so took it to store and will cost $216.00 to replace burnt up motor. Repairman said we have new ones for $299.00. Sears would not cover anything because Ididn't buy the extented warranty. I didn't but warranty because it was a craftsman top of the line. I informed the repairman I wont buy another if it was only can work 3 or 4 times. I will go go homedepot and purchase a Husky for half the price and better warranty and doesn't say SEARS CRAFTSMAN. Sears Craftsaman isn't want it used to be.

You didn't buy the extended warranty. Who's fault is that?

Dear Delbert,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I’m sorry to hear you have been without your Air Compressor, I’m sure it was an inconvenience for you. We are certain our associate did what he could do to assist, however our team would like to get into contact with you at this point. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Air Compressor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “ Delbert ” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

View more comments (1)

Sears.com Worst customer service

Sears.com has the worst costumer service! I ordered a washer and dryer and all the assesories to go with it. I noticed that only a portion of the 2050.00 dollars I spent was taken out of my account. Called them the next day to see why and was told they have no explanation on why half my order was cancelled. So I cancelled the whole order and was told my $985.56 would be credited back to my account in 48 hours. Four days later still no credit. Called again and was told it would take another 3 to 5 days. I waited 8 days. Called again and was told it would be another 5 days! Absolutely unexceptable. They have basically stolen my money! I am still waiting for my refund. Sears.com is is the worst online retailer and should be shut down!

Danko.

Please accept our apologies for the ongoing frustration concerning your online order and your refund. We understand how upsetting it can be not knowing where your funds are and when you will receive them. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations division and we would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can get to the bottom of this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your washer and dryer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Danko) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Review

SEARS FALSE ADVERTISING - AGAIN!!!

I brought my mother in law to my local Sears Outlet store in Concord NC. She purchased a Bosch washing machine. The advertised sale at the time was no interest for 12 months if put on a Sears card. She was unable to qualify for a Sears credit card so the salesgirl (who knew me by name because I was such a frequent customer) suggested it be put on my credit card. In front of the salesgirl, my mother-in-law wrote 11 post dated checks to cover the entire purchase before the 12 months expired. Now, I see Sears charged me 25% interest. This is definitely FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, and by the looks of what other Sears customers have posted, it is a frequent occurrence. My bank has charged me overdraft charges because of these excess charges. I want interest and bank fees reimbused immediately. I will also contact Better Business Bureau.

It's YOUR fault because YOU authorized the payment in excess of YOUR bank account.

Please contact the BBB - it will give them something to laugh about at the office.

Amollahassani,

Please see our response to your original post (307728). Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience you are going through and hope to hear from you very soon.

View more comments (1)
Product
Sears Credit Card
Loss

Sears Duct Cleaning is a complete sham!

Two Sears workers showed up without the right equipment to do the job. I gave them another chance to do the job right. They returned with some little brush. After it got stuck in one of my vents I through them out. Good thing I didn't give them my credit card #. When I spoke to their boss on the phone he tells me that the equipment they came with was just as effective as the equipment in their video. When I asked the workers if they had that equipment with them they said so. So all they were doing was sticking an open ended pressurized hose down the duct work for just a few feet. Total Waste. Save yourself a lot a trouble and do not deal with this Co.

Jimd1234,

My name is Zenaida and I form part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. I apologize for my late response. I stumbled across your post and wanted to learn more about this unfortunate home visit. We are truly sorry your unpleasant encounter with our home service crew. We would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers. I know your time is valuable and I want to assure you our case manager will work with you to make this right.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can get to the bottom of this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your appointment was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jimd1234) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Product
Sears Credit Card

Sears/Carrier HVAC SCAM

Got another call from Sears Blue Ribbon Customer Service after my initial post on Pissed Consumer. I spoke with Ellen who was calling "to help me." After going over the whole senario again I get a phone message on my answering machine she cannot do anything it was turned over to the "legal" department which has already refused to fix the defective unit put in my house. I am interested in hearing from those wanting to join a class action suit with SEARS. I also am going to post an electronic billboard ad displaying the SEARS/CARRIER SCAM and name those involved in the scam. The company projects the billboard will get at least 10 million viewings. I am sending advance notice to all Carrier Dealers in town to advise them of the SEARS FRAUD and let them know the ad is coming. Anyone wanting to join in on this can contact me at miclinks@yahoo.com or call my cell phone at 816-304-7747. Finally I am meeting with an attorney next week and I am filing complaints with the State Attorney General and the Department of Energy about SEARS/CARRIER selling HVAC units stating they are energy efficient when they are not and they do not cool effectively.

Sears review in Boston, Massachusetts: Never again

Worst ever. Never again. I purchased a large work table for my company. I thought a brand like Sears would stand behind the purchase. They shipped it through another vendor Tiger Supplies. The Table arrived very damaged. I called the same day to have it replaced. 8 days later, after numerous 1 hour calls and countless emails - no response. Don't even think about purchasing online from these folks. You will be lost in a meaningless wasteland of overseas "customer service" drones with no power to do anything except read a script." Sears does not care about their customers and apparently, they don't care about the vendors that ship under their name. When you spend hundreds of dollars on an items, you expect it to arrive without damage. When you call customer service once, you expect to have the issue resolved. How difficult is it to ship out a new top?

I expect Sears to stand behind their vendors. It should not make a difference if Sears shipped it or the vendor the endorse.

If they are going to put their brand name on the selling site and all customer communications, they should manage that transaction.

Instead, they are using their brand to dupe people into using vendors they would have otherwise not chosen. The insult added to injury is that when things go wrong, Sears tries to push off the blame and suddenly it's not their problem.

Sears online is a "market place" . Sears online allows other websites to use their domain.

This is to give the consumer more choice. If the item purchased on sears.com is from Sears and it sounds like the item you purchased was from another vendor using the site your return or complaints should be with that company.

If this item was ordered in the store the associate should have explained to you. A good idea( more to choose from in one site) gone bad (not being informed by the associate)

John N

Sears is no longer a dependable company. I always go to a local store, even if it is a big box one, and physically look at the items and then buy from them if I like it.

Saves time, money, and I know what I am really supposed to get. With mail order, as you found out, youse takes yo chances.

View more comments (2)

Sears review in Los Angeles, California: NO CUST SVC

Today Mar 23, 2012 at 11:30 am went to Sears Whittier,California store to buy Panasonic 50" TV on sale. roamed around looking at all the TV's and not a soul offered and/or bothered to acknowledge me and/or ask If I need help.. I saw one gentleman with a pad looking important and the other struggling to put a screen tv together. I left after 20 some minutes.. I can now see why you are having PROBLEMS It's seems the staff there is "waiting for the other shoe to fall" and seem to have "I don't care attitude.

Anonymous 307109,

I am so sorry you were not offered assistance in your recent trip to our store. I know this must have been a frustrating experience for you. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. We want our customers to be satisfied and we value any and all feedback you may have. We use this information in order to improve your experience in our stores. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can get to the bottom of this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the reference number (307109) that was generated when you posted on this site, in regards to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

SEARS

I am writing to inform you of the complete hassle and trouble I am having ordering a stove and getting it delivered. First off I paid an extra 10 dollars to have my dishwasher and stove delivered on a Sunday. They came and the stove was BROKEN. not dented BROKEN. They informed me they were sorry and they would re-schedule. I, not the delivery guy, I had to sit on the phone for 20 minutes to reschedule the delivery. The lady told me she had to order the NEW stove and she will call back to discuss delivery dates. That was on 3/17/12. I called back on 3/19/12 when I didn't hear anything back. The girl who I spoke to was so incompetent I had to speak to her manager. Her manager tried to change the delivery date but the date SHE chose didn't work for ME. SHE tried to tell me that I have to work around THEIR schedule. I'm sorry but I had my delivery screwed up. I should not be working around any schedule. Finally we settled on a date and she promised me after 5:30pm delivery. After we chatted some more she made me aware that the SAME broken stove was scheduled for delivery and that she would have to order a new stove. She did and promised me after 5:30 on 3/23. This call lasted 27 mins. I called back on 3/22 to make sure my delivery times were correct. When I did it stated delivery was form 3:15 - 5:15. Not even a portion was inside the time we agreed on. I called back. I spoke to another incompetent person who then connected me to their manager. He was rude and arrogant and he lied to me a few times on the phone. After raising my voice and becoming extremely agitated he tried changing my delivery date again. As he was doing that he saw that they STILL had my old BROKEN stove scheduled for delivery. I was furious at this point. He put in a new order for a stove and set up the NEW delivery date for 3/24. I asked for a credit of my delivery charge because this was ridiculous. He told me he couldn't but after a heated debate all of a sudden he was able to do the credit. he needed my Sears Card Number. I was traveling and didn't have it on me so he told me to call that number back and they would credit my Delivery of 89.99. He also stated he would put all of the information in my records so when I call back It would be easy. Yea right. That call lasted 27 mins. I just now today 3/23 tried calling with my sears card number and waited on hold for 10 minutes and was hung up on. Called back again and waited on hold for another 16 minutes and was hung up on again. This is a total disgrace. Something needs to be done here. I NEED a call back with an explanation of what is going to be done and HOW. my phone number on the account is 2155198828 and my address is 1731 W. Ritner St Philadelphia PA 19145. My Salescheck number is 093002178531. I NEED a call back with a plan of action here. This is a disgrace on your companies part.

Anonymous 307109,

Please accept our apologies for the multiple deliveries you have endured. I know it is inconvenient and time consuming to make yourself available for us only to be let down again and again. I don’t know if you have a working range in your home at this time, but I do know it very difficult without a range in the home. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalation team. We work together to find resolution and satisfaction for you, our customer. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers. I know you have included your purchase information within your post, but for security purposes we ask that you email it to our offices using the email address below.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number you gas range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the reference number (307024) that was generated when you posted on this site, in regards to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Bourbonnais Illinois

A Sears employee yelled at my 8 year old daughter and called her a little *** for not properly re-folding shirts that she was looking at. I confronted the employee and demanded to speak to her manager. She just replied that she was the one in charge of the store and the days of letting kids run wild in HER store were over. I called the corporate headquarters the next day and the *** customer service lady told me that she didn't think that this was a major issue. No wonder that place is going out of business.

Letting your kid run around the store making a mess - no wonder why society is going to h e l l.

Service
Sears Manager

Sears review in Burnaby, British Columbia: Total gong show

I ordered over a month in advance to get a product for my child for Christmas. Called weeks later to ask where the product is - they act kerfuffled and go "oh no one called you" and apparently my order wasn't processed correctly and left hanging in the system. And I was then informed it won't arrive for Christmas. Ok well that sucks. Fast forward several months. I tried ordering the same product through their site again for my child's birthday. Delivery date comes and goes. I phone "ohh, no one phoned you?" They claimed they had my credit card number wrong. I checked my credit card through my online banking and the money was withdrawn by Sears. It was credited back to my card a week or so later for some reason.. but either way they obviously had the correct card and it went through. And mistakes happen but again NO ONE PHONED ME to tell me that. So another special occasion where the gift is not showing up. Thanks Sears. The lady on the phone also tried patronizing me into a personal conversation to get my credit card number, though I kept politely saying I'm not interested anymore, and then she tries to humiliate me by saying she didn't mean to offend me and being overly personal and overbearing. Seriously, unprofessional. What is this place now a days, a warehouse run by kids?