Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears Service is Terrible and They Don't Care

I have a snowblower from Sears with an extended warranty. I live where it snows A LOT so I need it to work. It broke in November and I called for service. The service line says they can't schedule appointments in my area but someone will call me back within 24 to 48 hours to schedule an appointment. They don't call, I call customer service, they say someone will call, they don't, I get to the escalated customer service called "customer solutions" they say someone will call, they don't, etc. This essentially goes on for 6 weeks before the snowblower finally gets fixed. In the meantime they promise to pay $50/week for the time I'm without they snowblower but they don't. Now, my snowblower breaks again yesterday. I call for service. I'm told I'll get a call in 24 hours to schedule an appointment. They don't call. I call back and I'm told they can't help me because it hasn't been 48 hours since my first call, that it isn't unreasonable to wait 6 weeks or more for a repair. they won't pay the earlier $50/week for the entire time I was out my snowblower because it's capped at $200 and they won't pay anything this time because of the last compensation. When I asked to submit a complaint I was told they are the escalation department and there is no other place ot complain and they won't help me.

Dear Llp,

We are very sorry to hear that you are out of your snowblower, from what you have stated we understand it is a much needed item in your part of the country. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I would like one of our dedicated case managers to contact you to look further into this and to also go over what options we have to assist. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your snowblower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “ Llp ” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Repair
With Official Company Response

SEARS has horrible customer service!!

My friend and co-worker Erica purchased an older home in Chesterfield, MO. They hired a general contractor to remodel the interior. They purchased all their kitchen appliances from SEARS (Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Stove, Built-in Microwave Oven). The appliances were delivered in November 2010. They were finally able to move into the homein July 2011 (you know how construction goes!) They have had issues with 3 of the 4 appliances purchased, most notably the dishwasher. The oven was the first issue. It would not preheat past 250 degrees. They called for service and Erica's husband Carl took a day off from work to be there. The guy never showed or called. They finally called and learned that the serviceman had the wrong address! Funny, that wasn't an issue when they delivered the appliances. Erica called about the dishwasher in July. It wasn't heating the water properly and the unit had a terrible odor. She was placed on hold for over 30 minutes and finally had to hang up. She went to the Chesterfield, MO store the following day and was advised to use vinegar for the odor. She has tried that several times but it has not helped. Finally she was able to get through to the store and requested service immediately at no cost to her. She was told that a manager would call her later that day to discuss the issue. The warranty had expired a month or two ago since it started at purchase, not at the time they were able to move in to the home and use the appliances. Instead of the manager calling, she had the sales associate who sold Erica the appliances call her and tell her the warrantly was expired and there was nothing they could do. She further stated that the warranty might not have been valid any way since SEARS did not install the appliances. What a crock! The warranty comes from the manufacturer of the product, not the retail store that sells it! I purchased a Bosch dishwasher from Lowes and had the same problem with smell and mold. Apparently many of the new energy efficient dishwashers do not come with a drying cycle. Since they are so air tight, this causes problems with odor and mold. Lowes worked with me. Even though my own father had installed the Bosch, they allowed me to come into the store and chose whatever dishwasher I wanted. Since none of the Bosch models had a dry cycle, I chose an Electrolux. It was three times what I paid for the Bosch. Lowes, not only gave me the dishwasher I chose, but installed it and hauled the Bosch away! Now that's customer service! They have a customer for life in me! Erica is getting ready to replace her washer and dryer. I told her to go to Lowes!
nikalseyn

A nice testimonial about Lowe's. I too, buy all my appliances from them now.

I appreciate the free delivery and also the knowledgeable sales people and even the delivery guys. All in all, I am a customer for life of Lowe's.

Dear Anonymous,

I have just read your post and it has raised concern. From what you have posted it is understandable why your friend Erica would be upset or frustrated. We do value her patronage and we would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact her. At her convenience, she can contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so she doesn’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, she can provide a contact phone number and the phone number her appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call her directly. Also, in the email, please have her provide the screen name ”Anonymous / 298890” for reference to her issue, and we do look forward to talking to her soon.

View more comments (1)

Sears, Making Returns Impossible

Update by user Mar 22, 2012

After posting this complaint, Sears corporate sent me a check for the cost of the part,and did stand behind this issue.It would have been better if they just issued the RA# on my first call to customer service. Thank You Sears for addressing and correcting my complaint.

Original review posted by user Feb 20, 2012

I ordered a part from Sears over the phone. The electronic part was delivered in a brown envelope and had a small dent in the package,but the part appeared to look un-damaged. I decided to test the part prior to the installation, and it was not working. I contacted Sears for a RA # and you could just tell the only thing customer service was instructed to do was to get out of issuing the return number. They told me that I had opened the package and therefor it was now a used part and would not take it back. I wrote them several times and they did respond each time with a polite but un-bending caned letter stating they would not issue a RA # Sears has become a company that is not reputable, so buyer's beware.

Dears Consumer,

We apologize for the disappointing experience. It is understandable that you would want to return the part you ordered after realizing it was not in functioning condition. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your part was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name”Consumer” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Installation

Sears in Dale, Indiana - Terrible service

Paid $1,200 for stainless steel oven from Castleton Mall store in Indianapolis 1/27/2012 for delivery 2/21. On 2/20 Sears calls to say Frigidare has notified them they no longer make it in stainless--this after more than three weeks from purchase and the day before delivery. Appliance dept. manager "in a meeting" and too busy to talk. Customer service no help at all. They say it will take 10 days for me to get a refund, meaning that I won't have the money to buy another oven from someone else until Sears pays me back. After all their years in business, you'd think they would have learned something about customer service by now. But maybe they don't want to stay in business. I, for one, do not intend to ever buy from Sears again. I'm putting my house on the market and specifically need stainless steel. I was clear about that at time of purchase. Now the whole process has been delayed for weeks because of Sears' gross incompetence. They should coordinate with their vendors to make sure this never happens. But I bet they won't, because they don't care.

Sequel: Turned out the Sears clerk entered the model number for another brand, another type of oven and at another price. She was very courteous and seemed trying to do her best.

However, her manager was too busy to see me, didn;t offer to call me, or make any other gesture.

I ended up getting the oven I wanted for less at HH Gregg, ironically from a former Sears appliance salesperson who couldn't stand to work there any more. I haven't been in a Sears store since and someone should smack me upside the head if I ever do again.

Sears Manager
With Official Company Response

Sears Does Not Follow Through!!

OK...this is the 3rd review that I have written about Sears on this website. The past two times, I got responses from Stephani, Tricia B., and Susan R. stating that they are so sorry for the inconvenience, trouble, and frustration I've had due to my situation. If anyone wants details about this, please check my other posts. This review NOW pertains to the lack of follow through on customer service's part. I have had at least 20 emails back and forth with them and they have all told me that my problem has been referred to a specialist who would contact me within 24 hrs, 72 hrs, etc. My last email sent to smsupport@searshc.com was on 2-13-12. I still have not heard from anyone from Sears. Sears has been around for a long time and used to be the place to shop. All of my appliance are from there. All of my husband's tools are from there. All of our yard equipment is from there. And the thanks that I receive for being a loyal, long-time customer are broken promises. This problem has been going on since AUGUST 2011!!!!!!! So if you are reading this and wondering if you should shop at Sears, my answer would be an emphatic NO!!!!!!! Unless you want to be lied to, cheated out of, or just want a good kick in the teeth I would steer clear of Sears!!

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I see you have been in contact via e-mail with Sears customer service, but not the case manger? I would like to send this to the assigned case manger. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com with your name and contact information and we will look into this, we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Website
With Official Company Response

Sears Lawnmower - Never Again!

Bought a $300 premium gas mower in April, 2011. This is the second one I have purchased from Sears in 3 years. It would not start today. I brought it in and was informed that I would be responsible for parts, labor and shipping(!) tio get it repaired. I did not buy the extended warranty and was told at the tiome opf purchase that I had a 90 day return and 1 year repair warranty that was included. They would not honor that today. They actually told me it was a Craftsman product and I would neeed to contact them to make arrangements to have it repaired but that I would pay the cost. In the past 3 years I have purchase 2 lawnmowers, one freezer, over $1,000 in hand and electrical tools, an air compressor and some misc.stuff. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN! I have been a credit card customer for over 30 years. This wil be the end. When I told them (in pwerson) that I have been a great customer and just want the lawnmower fixed, they could care less. Fine. Two way street. They obviously don't care about a loyal customer, so I no longer care about supporting them. And i will make sure to tell everyone I know to steer clear of sears.
arty

I bought an extended warranty for $600.00 and got the run around when trying to get parts to fix it. BTW...the mower cost over $3000.00 and broke down after 6 months. If they had sent the parts when I had first called, then it would have been fixed and I would not have been put through almost getting injured by this inferior lawn mower!

Dear Swenson,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I have just read your post and would like to apologize for any poor customer service you may have received, we can understand your frustrations and would like to speak to you and look further into this. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers to call you directly. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your lawn mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “Swenson” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)
Sears Credit Card

Sears in Frisco, Texas - Rang up wrong item, correct item out of stock

Went to Sears on Sunday, February 12, 2012 to purchase an elliptical. We hoped to take advantage of the Friends & Family discount. We were greeted by the Sales Consultant well enough. After a brief discussion, we selected the specific model, indicated the model to the Sales Consultant, and opted for the Service Agreement. It took over 20 minutes for the Sales Consultant to ring us up having to call back the Assistant Manager two times to get the discount information correct. Since the elliptical we wanted was not in stock, we had to wait until mid week to pick it up - they could ship it to the store but they could not ship it to our home. When we picked up the unit, the box was much longer and heavier than we had originally been told when deciding whether to pay for Delivery. The box just fit into our vehicle. After wrestling the box out our vehicle at home, we discovered that the Sales Consultant had rung up the wrong product! We lugged the unit back down to the store the next morning. Upon arrival, we asked to speak to the Store Manager. He was pleasant enough and understanding. He was willing to throw in a mat and free delivery to make up for the inconvenience. However, as he rang up the correct elliptical, he discovered that it was no longer in stock- anywhere - and that we would have to wait for another two weeks to receive it. Non-starter. We stressed that they needed to come up with a creative solution real fast. The Store Manager just threw up his arms saying that he couldn't sell what he didn't have. We asked for our money back and received it. Bottom line, Sears misrepresented the products they had for sale. Sears initial incompetence and ultimate incapability to resolve the situation to my satisfaction has convinced me to take my business elsewhere.

Dear Anonymous,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and it is very unfortunate that the item you originally wanted was out of stock. I can understand your disappointment. We do value you as a Sears customer and I do see that our Sears associate understood your frustrations and worked towards compensating you with the free mat and free delivery. These situations are unforeseen and we do our best to meet our customer’s needs. Thank you for your patronage, please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Sears Social Media Support

Sears fan is right,you cannot stock enough of every item our you are going to be broke.Example, you try to have stock enough based on past sales. But if you purchase 10 items and only 5 sell any profit you made is tied up in the 5 you did not sell, bad business.In todays economy you have to wait on some things.It is not business of old unless you want to go broke.And don't expect something for free, Im think Sears is doing a better job of not giving away things just because someone yells a lot as they did in the past.I have a neighbor who said he was mad at Sears because they refused to replace his washer because it was worn out and the bottom has rusted away and that was not covered under his agreement,Sears told him it was time to buy a new one,he was mad because they would not replace it for free,his washer waas 13 yeaars old, he told me this will be the first washer he has had to buy since 1975, Sears has always replaced it.I told him he has been lucky and its a new world now and how could Sears stay in business if they just replaced everything.Good job Sears, P.S. He bought a new one and from Sears.

It was friends and family night, things get sold out,it was not like they couldn't get the product for you.You just did not want to wait.The saame thing has happened to me at other stores, Target and also Home depot. It happens,the differents is Sears was going to give you something free for your inconvience,that does not happen at all stores.

View more comments (2)
Sears Delivery Service

Sears terrible customer service

We bought a Kenmore chest freezer in September. It worked for three months and died. So the plan to do holiday baking ahead and put it in the freezer went out the window. We called Sears service department, we had to wait two weeks for an appointment. Then they cancelled. When I called to re-schedule they said I had cancelled the appointment. So we re-schedules, the tech said the freezer could not be fixed. Since it was just over 90 days we could not get a refund. What resulted was MONTHS of fighting with the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Every person I talked with put me on hold for extended periods of time, so I had to listen to the same bar of music over and over until I wanted to scream. I think that's the plan, to make you hang up. Every person told me something different. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I swear the lady put me on hold and then came back on the line pretending to be the supervisor. Bottom line: I will NEVER buy another appliance from Sears EVER. Customer service is very important, and Sears has next to none.

Dear Laprofesora952,

I just came across your post; please accept our deepest apology for the frustrations surrounding your chest freezer. With the cancellation of the repair service and the poor customer service you received it is very understandable why you would be so discouraged to continue to shop with Sears. We do value you as a Sears customer and would like the opportunity to speak to you and turn this experience into a positive one. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your chest freezer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “Laprofesora952 ” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears in Athens, Georgia - Lost over 175.00 and did'nt even get the order

I recently tried purchasing a TV online, first time, and of course paid the 300+ for the tv up front. I never received my order and when I brought it to their attention I was initially told that my money had been refunded. However when I checked my credit card activity I found out that my money was not refunded or even pending. I then contacted via phone and e-mail and was told a "Tracer" was placed on it and would be 5 to 8 days before anything would happen. 9th day comes and e-mailed the address given if any more problems arose and was met with a standard response stating the 5-8 days again. E-mailed again saying that I was told that same thing 9 days prior. Met with the EXACT same response as before. E-mailed again that I knew the process and it had been ten days at this point and yet again received the same response. Same response as if it were a standard reply e-mail they'd send out to everyone with a similar issue. No personal customer service at all. This went on for another 10 e-mails until I finally changed the subject heading to an all caps subject saying like 6th or 7th time I've e-mailed with no one actually readin them and actually responding with a personal response. this time I actually got one sentence that told me they had at least read the e-mail followed again by the exact same e-mail the rest had. Every one of them ending with a thank you, Have a nice day, and don't forget to check out our blah blah blah. This worked to upset me even more. I sent many more e-mails, taking time and effort on my part every time. I finally got a response and it was implied that they would compensate me for my troubles and expenses only to be lied to and screwed yet another time. Now I am not a rich person and 300+ dollars is a lot of money to me and so when I was told the refund was processed the first time I went and bought one from an actual store not knowing that I didn't have the money to cover it. So this actually cost me much more than what the tv I purchased at the store costed me. After the 5 overdraft fees I was charged at 35.00 a pop I spent another 175.00. All this I had to go through for something that was no fault of my own in any way, but because of sears. When I finally did get my refund I was only given what I spent on the TV I didn't receive and no compensation for my troubles or the money I lost in fees not to mention the embarrassment with the store and the bank. When I adressed this issue I was given another generic response followed up with a thankyou a have a nice day and of course, don't forget to check out our great deals online at...... I can only pray that this problem reaches an actual human being that can take asecond and imagine how they'd feel in my position. Sears was my favorite place to shop until this very troublesome matter. MY money was actually witthheld for a total of something like 29 days with NOTHING to show for it aside from headache embarrassment and more debt.

Popimpexpress,

We apologize for the inconvenience and distress you encountered with your recent television purchase. We know it is disappointing to have waited just about a month for your refund. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I have been in a situation similar to this and I would like to get you in contact with one of our executive case managers.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help you with this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your television was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Popimpexpress) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears Credit Card
Loss
I've relocated to Australia and was happy to discover I could buy my favorite sheets at Sears online and have them shipped internationally. The Sears website lists the sheets at US $189 but as soon as I clicked "ship to Australia" the price jumped to US $229. One...

Welcome to Australia. We get ripped off in many more ways than online shopping at Sears.

No one does anything about it.

No one seems to care. *** Aussies just put up with it.

View more comments