Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response
Ordered from in store and several items on line. On line order was partially delivered... emailed three times called twice.. not sure if I'll ever get the item. In store item was set for delivery three times and did not arrive. Funny thing is they never can find...

I too have been given the runaround by Sears, I ordered a heating blanket as a gift for my mothers birthday, it was supposed to be delivered 1/6/2012, the shipping label was generated but neither sears nor UPS knows what the *** happened. Sears has failed to give a reasonable solution to fix the porblem except refunding the shipping charge, the realtionship managers suck, they just keep giving the same response of it takes 5-7 business days.

View more comments

SEARS AKA EBAY

I went on the Sears website to order a laptop. Well i assumed if ordering from their site it would be coming from then. Like if you order from Walmart the item comes from Walmart. Well after waiting over a week for the item to arrive i called back. Low and behold the item was from a vendor who sells items on ebay. I would think that if I wanted an item from a ebay vendor i would have went to the Ebay webiste. Well its been over 2 weeks i still havent gotten my laptop. sears is giving me the run around and i havent been able to contact the Ebay vendor. I will never purchase another item from Sears not online or in their store. I HATE SEARS!

Dear Marnece,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the experience you have had thus far with purchasing your laptop. My name is Mike and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. While we do business with third party vendors, your situation is certainly not the way that we want our online transactions to go. Even though your purchase was made from a third party merchant, we would like to speak with you and offer our help in resolving this situation.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the laptop was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Marnece) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Mike D.

Rude Sears employee

I was only looking at tv's when after 15 min. Ron stops by to see if i need help. He didn't tell me anything about them, but suddenly got angry when i didn't want to pay for a tv there and pick it up at a different store. He said he wouldn't get paid and i told him i was sorry. He still got angry and told me he was so sorry he wasted so much time with me. At home i called the manager, Mitch, and told him what happened. He seemed to take his employee's side and told me if it proved to be true, he could be fired. Ron is still working there. I just wanted a peaceful trip to Triangle Town Center after visiting someone in a nearby hospital.
experiment1195

Sears TV sales employees are paid on commission and/or by how many agreements they sell. Many stores mandate that big ticket purchases like tv's must be paid for in that department. Many customers know exactly what they want and do not need assistance but some want to be waited on hand and foot for the smallest of purchases.

But how an employee is paid should not effect customer interactions. The company doesn't help either by offering a decent paid pay to avoid situations like this. Customer service should always be the number one priority. He should've offered to ring up any other purchases you might have made in the store.

Best Buy is getting the same way with computers. You have to deal with those employees at the desk in the computer department.

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Mike and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I completely understand why you would be upset after your customer service experience. You deserve better service than what you received. I also realize why you would want to make your transaction at only one store rather than order from one location and pick up your television at another. We would like to discuss this matter further with you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (288500), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Mike D.

View more comments (1)
Sears Manager
With Official Company Response
The worst shopping experience ever! I purchased an item from sears.com few days before Christmas. Since it was a Christmas gift I really wanted for it to arrive before the Holidays, I paid $47.00 for the 2 day shipping. The item was supposed to be shipped to the store...

I bought a dishwasher from sears.com on Nov. 24. It was scheduled to be delivered and installed within a week.

The installer calls me up and tells me the dishwasher I already paid for is no longer in stock. Turns out they sold the dishwasher I bought to someone else.

After wasting at least 3 hours on the phone with India, I had to wait more than a month to get the discount. Worse than that, they charged me twice and I had to waste 3 more hours to get a credit.

Sears is a dying brand. I shop online several time a week and sears.com is by far the worst e-retailer I've ever experienced.

Sears customer service is almost all in India. They read scripts and can't help you with actual issues!

View more comments

HORRIBLE SERVICE FOR RETURN AT SEARS WARE MA

We went to the local Sears in Ware Ma and with their help and a STORE receipt and our credit card, we ordered a generator on Nov. 21. It arrived Dec 3 and was obviously damaged when we opened the box. We thought that wouldn't be a problem as we had the complete warranty that we purchased with the item. It took HOURS (at least 12 from various days) before it could be returned and then it took weeks to get our $ back. The store in WARE is HORRIBLE and NO HELP even though they easily took our $ and gave us a store receipt. The customers service at Sears on the phone was very little help for weeks - they were mostly nice but they didn't DO anything to get our $ back in a timely fashion. We will NEVER do business with Sears again.

Dear Lavendar11:

Please accept our sincere apology for the poor customer service you received attempting to return your generator to the Ware, MA store. In addition I certainly understand your frustration with working with my business partners over the phone and still having a difficult time returning your damaged generator. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns and would like to look into this situation further and speak with you directly to offer our assistance.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the generator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lavendar11) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response
I ordered a washer/dryer from sears.com on 12/29/2011. The ONLY day I could take delivery on it was January 13. I was able to select this date during checkout. When I placed the order, I had a customer "service" rep on the phone with me to help because I wasn't...

Dear Anonymous:

We would like to offer our sincere apology for the way in which your Sears.com order was handled. I certainly understand your frustration with not being able to keep your original delivery date as well as the time this entire process took you. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation further and speak with you to see if we can make this issue right for you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (288019), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Installation

Sears blocks negative reviews

I had a very bad experience with a third party company that sells through the Sears website. Not only was the item defective, but the sellers were incredibly rude when I tried to return it and for days harassed me with nasty emails and phone calls even after I told them several times they could keep the money they had cheated me out of if only they would leave me alone. I posted a review of the item on Sears to warn other customers about the scary behavior of this company, but Sears refused to post the review. I googled the company and found several negative reviews of them on other sites. Many victims tried to warn people about this company, but Sears hid their warnings from me.

Purchased LG washer/dryer/GE frig from Houston showroom 07/27. 1st dely attempt resulted in damaged frig (returned) & dryer not installed but were charged f/installation.In the dely attempt, front door of brand new house gouged & can't be repaired.

2nd dely...frig left in garage because 2 men couldn't move to 2nd flr (work order called f/4 men to come but only 2 sent). 3rd dely made 08/23 almost a mo. after purchase. In the meantime, I contacted Sears "hot line" to inform them of our experience.

Customer rep said f/the "inconvenience," she would issue a $50 gift card.... it never came. So I called again to inquire re the status of the gift card but was told there was no record of it being issued..cust rep would submit request again & I should receive it via email in 24-48 hrs. NOTHING!

So I called today & again was told no request f/gift card submitted..she would do it immediately & I would receive it by email today no later than 5 pm. NOTHING! So I contacted Sears via email re the nonreceipt of the promised $50 gift card (Page FeedbackKMart(Kmm23658216V32930L0KM)& after 3 communications, I was told to go back to the Delivery Department. That's the Department that keeps promising the card but I've receive no resolution.

These appliances were purchased on my MasterCard f/my son & daughter-in-law f/their 1st home. I would so appreciate receiving a call from someone at Sears who cares about its reputation.

I purchased clothing for my daughter for school. Nothing I ordered fit the website description, and I was even sent order in three different boxes, from just one order placed.

I called to return, and was treated with disrespect and I was refused superiors buy service rep, and even referred to as a man several times, after I had already stated name, order number and my Full name with title Mrs.

I was told the (3) items had to be returned to 3 different warehouses at my expense. Poor customer service, outdated website, and it seems this company has major issues preforming simple tasks.

I will never shop with this company again. I made a complaint to corporate, but as stated, they hide how they treat their customers inproperly.

I ordered a remote control Garage door opener thru the KMart/Sears web site. The opener came in a blister pack that had already been carefully opened with a sharp knife or razor.

I kept the opener to avoid the return hassle but sent Sears an e-mail describing my experience. They said "Thanks for the feedback" !!!

Sears is a dinosaur that does not know it is already extinct. Amazon would never send a used item to a customer in the first place and would respond positively if such an error occured.

Dear Phantom:

We're terribly sorry your recent online experience has been such a disappointing one. Although third party vendors are like separate retailers, we would still like to offer our assistance and help you work with this vendor and ask that they refund your money and certainly stop calling you continually. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We would like to speak with you regarding this experience and attempt to assist you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Phantom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (3)
Product
Sears Website
I placed an order on Sears.com on 8-24-11 for an xbox 360. The ad that week featured it on sale for 199.99 with a 50.00 award card given with purchase. I received the xbox on 8-26-11 but saw that there was no card. I called customer service and was advised that I would...

Dear Lakevista1999:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. I understand your frustration with working with numerous departments to get compensated for the initial promotion amount and you are still having difficulty. We would like to look into this situation further, speak with you and work toward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the xbox 360 was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lakevista1999) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears

Brought a washer from sears in 2009 and had nothing but problems the bearing went out and had a hard time with A&E Service Factory Service with not coming out to my home to have it fixed and then finally filed a complaint with the consumer complaints to finally get some one out to get it repair. The bearing just went out again and the techigan from A&E Factory Service lied that it was not leaking when it is and now can't get a different person to come out to fix it. Sears needs to close all the stores there suck as a company and treat customers like dirt.

Dear Sheryl K,

I came across your post and wanted to reach out and offer our assistance. My name is Zenaida and I am a part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I truly understand how challenging it is to keep a household running smoothly without use of your washer. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with the repair of your washer.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sheryl K) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears Tire Dept. Sucks

If you take your car in to Sears tire center, you will have to wait maybe 2, 3, or 3 even 4 hours.. they do not make appointments, and then tell you that "oh, my people did not show up for work today"....***! If someone does not show up for work, fire e'm! But that is just a *** poor excuse for not having enough people on hand to do the job. DO NOT GO TO SEARS FOR TIRES. The manages are not there to help - they sit around taking orders and do nothing to help you out. Youwill have to wait for hours for even a simple one-tire replacement! Do not go to sears for tires...

In the future, take your vehicle to Sam's tire service. I had 4 new Goodyear tires put on, balanced, and aligned within 1 hour.

The best part, is that the tires are cheaper there than anywhere I could find. Love them at Sam's.

Dear Anonymous,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. On behalf of Sears I would like to offer you our sincerest apology for the aggravation you endured at our auto center. I know it must have been very frustrating to have waited as long as you did on account we were shorthanded. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (287612), for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Sears Social Media Support

I've bought pretty much all of my appliances from Sears so I was really disappointed with their tire center. First time, I had one tire replaced which they guarantee in their sign will take less than an hour for a full set.

It took an hour and forty minutes and would've taken longer if I didn't keep complaining. They threw in a free alignment which was useless since I get free maintenance on my car at the dealer. Two months later I went in for a nail in my tire and same thing.

I waited way longer than they promised and finally yelled at them to get the tire fixed. Horrible experience.

View more comments (2)