Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response
The worst shopping experience ever! I purchased an item from sears.com few days before Christmas. Since it was a Christmas gift I really wanted for it to arrive before the Holidays, I paid $47.00 for the 2 day shipping. The item was supposed to be shipped to the store...

I bought a dishwasher from sears.com on Nov. 24. It was scheduled to be delivered and installed within a week.

The installer calls me up and tells me the dishwasher I already paid for is no longer in stock. Turns out they sold the dishwasher I bought to someone else.

After wasting at least 3 hours on the phone with India, I had to wait more than a month to get the discount. Worse than that, they charged me twice and I had to waste 3 more hours to get a credit.

Sears is a dying brand. I shop online several time a week and sears.com is by far the worst e-retailer I've ever experienced.

Sears customer service is almost all in India. They read scripts and can't help you with actual issues!

View more comments
Loss

HORRIBLE SERVICE FOR RETURN AT SEARS WARE MA

We went to the local Sears in Ware Ma and with their help and a STORE receipt and our credit card, we ordered a generator on Nov. 21. It arrived Dec 3 and was obviously damaged when we opened the box. We thought that wouldn't be a problem as we had the complete warranty that we purchased with the item. It took HOURS (at least 12 from various days) before it could be returned and then it took weeks to get our $ back. The store in WARE is HORRIBLE and NO HELP even though they easily took our $ and gave us a store receipt. The customers service at Sears on the phone was very little help for weeks - they were mostly nice but they didn't DO anything to get our $ back in a timely fashion. We will NEVER do business with Sears again.

Dear Lavendar11:

Please accept our sincere apology for the poor customer service you received attempting to return your generator to the Ware, MA store. In addition I certainly understand your frustration with working with my business partners over the phone and still having a difficult time returning your damaged generator. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns and would like to look into this situation further and speak with you directly to offer our assistance.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the generator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lavendar11) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response
I ordered a washer/dryer from sears.com on 12/29/2011. The ONLY day I could take delivery on it was January 13. I was able to select this date during checkout. When I placed the order, I had a customer "service" rep on the phone with me to help because I wasn't...

Dear Anonymous:

We would like to offer our sincere apology for the way in which your Sears.com order was handled. I certainly understand your frustration with not being able to keep your original delivery date as well as the time this entire process took you. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation further and speak with you to see if we can make this issue right for you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (288019), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Installation

Sears blocks negative reviews

I had a very bad experience with a third party company that sells through the Sears website. Not only was the item defective, but the sellers were incredibly rude when I tried to return it and for days harassed me with nasty emails and phone calls even after I told them several times they could keep the money they had cheated me out of if only they would leave me alone. I posted a review of the item on Sears to warn other customers about the scary behavior of this company, but Sears refused to post the review. I googled the company and found several negative reviews of them on other sites. Many victims tried to warn people about this company, but Sears hid their warnings from me.

Purchased LG washer/dryer/GE frig from Houston showroom 07/27. 1st dely attempt resulted in damaged frig (returned) & dryer not installed but were charged f/installation.In the dely attempt, front door of brand new house gouged & can't be repaired.

2nd dely...frig left in garage because 2 men couldn't move to 2nd flr (work order called f/4 men to come but only 2 sent). 3rd dely made 08/23 almost a mo. after purchase. In the meantime, I contacted Sears "hot line" to inform them of our experience.

Customer rep said f/the "inconvenience," she would issue a $50 gift card.... it never came. So I called again to inquire re the status of the gift card but was told there was no record of it being issued..cust rep would submit request again & I should receive it via email in 24-48 hrs. NOTHING!

So I called today & again was told no request f/gift card submitted..she would do it immediately & I would receive it by email today no later than 5 pm. NOTHING! So I contacted Sears via email re the nonreceipt of the promised $50 gift card (Page FeedbackKMart(Kmm23658216V32930L0KM)& after 3 communications, I was told to go back to the Delivery Department. That's the Department that keeps promising the card but I've receive no resolution.

These appliances were purchased on my MasterCard f/my son & daughter-in-law f/their 1st home. I would so appreciate receiving a call from someone at Sears who cares about its reputation.

I purchased clothing for my daughter for school. Nothing I ordered fit the website description, and I was even sent order in three different boxes, from just one order placed.

I called to return, and was treated with disrespect and I was refused superiors buy service rep, and even referred to as a man several times, after I had already stated name, order number and my Full name with title Mrs.

I was told the (3) items had to be returned to 3 different warehouses at my expense. Poor customer service, outdated website, and it seems this company has major issues preforming simple tasks.

I will never shop with this company again. I made a complaint to corporate, but as stated, they hide how they treat their customers inproperly.

I ordered a remote control Garage door opener thru the KMart/Sears web site. The opener came in a blister pack that had already been carefully opened with a sharp knife or razor.

I kept the opener to avoid the return hassle but sent Sears an e-mail describing my experience. They said "Thanks for the feedback" !!!

Sears is a dinosaur that does not know it is already extinct. Amazon would never send a used item to a customer in the first place and would respond positively if such an error occured.

Dear Phantom:

We're terribly sorry your recent online experience has been such a disappointing one. Although third party vendors are like separate retailers, we would still like to offer our assistance and help you work with this vendor and ask that they refund your money and certainly stop calling you continually. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We would like to speak with you regarding this experience and attempt to assist you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Phantom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (3)
Product
Sears Website
I placed an order on Sears.com on 8-24-11 for an xbox 360. The ad that week featured it on sale for 199.99 with a 50.00 award card given with purchase. I received the xbox on 8-26-11 but saw that there was no card. I called customer service and was advised that I would...

Dear Lakevista1999:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. I understand your frustration with working with numerous departments to get compensated for the initial promotion amount and you are still having difficulty. We would like to look into this situation further, speak with you and work toward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the xbox 360 was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lakevista1999) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears

Brought a washer from sears in 2009 and had nothing but problems the bearing went out and had a hard time with A&E Service Factory Service with not coming out to my home to have it fixed and then finally filed a complaint with the consumer complaints to finally get some one out to get it repair. The bearing just went out again and the techigan from A&E Factory Service lied that it was not leaking when it is and now can't get a different person to come out to fix it. Sears needs to close all the stores there suck as a company and treat customers like dirt.

Dear Sheryl K,

I came across your post and wanted to reach out and offer our assistance. My name is Zenaida and I am a part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I truly understand how challenging it is to keep a household running smoothly without use of your washer. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with the repair of your washer.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sheryl K) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Tire Dept. Sucks

If you take your car in to Sears tire center, you will have to wait maybe 2, 3, or 3 even 4 hours.. they do not make appointments, and then tell you that "oh, my people did not show up for work today"....***! If someone does not show up for work, fire e'm! But that is just a *** poor excuse for not having enough people on hand to do the job. DO NOT GO TO SEARS FOR TIRES. The manages are not there to help - they sit around taking orders and do nothing to help you out. Youwill have to wait for hours for even a simple one-tire replacement! Do not go to sears for tires...

In the future, take your vehicle to Sam's tire service. I had 4 new Goodyear tires put on, balanced, and aligned within 1 hour.

The best part, is that the tires are cheaper there than anywhere I could find. Love them at Sam's.

Dear Anonymous,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. On behalf of Sears I would like to offer you our sincerest apology for the aggravation you endured at our auto center. I know it must have been very frustrating to have waited as long as you did on account we were shorthanded. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (287612), for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

I've bought pretty much all of my appliances from Sears so I was really disappointed with their tire center. First time, I had one tire replaced which they guarantee in their sign will take less than an hour for a full set.

It took an hour and forty minutes and would've taken longer if I didn't keep complaining. They threw in a free alignment which was useless since I get free maintenance on my car at the dealer. Two months later I went in for a nail in my tire and same thing.

I waited way longer than they promised and finally yelled at them to get the tire fixed. Horrible experience.

View more comments (2)
Sears Replacement
Loss
With Official Company Response

Sears Customer service not service @ all!!!

Ordered 4mens bluejean shirts thru sears online service dec5, confirmation sent said it was shipped out on dec8th. This was a christmas gift & ordering said they would deliver within 10 days. so i waited & waited then started to panic as the week of christmas was upon us, so that monday i called, tech support said it was shipped & they had 10 days to get it to me & she said i should recieve it by dec24th. Great, or so i thought. well christmas came & went & i had no present for my husband but reassured him it was coming. Well jan came & i called back, tech support said it had been delivered to me & i said no it wasnt. She tried to track it but had wrong traking number assigned to it so it was technically "LOST". but that someone would call me w/in 24hrs about it. Well another weeks wents by w/ no response so i called this morning only to find there were no records of my two previous calls ,WTF. So i just askd for a refund to my credit card. Rep said i could always just reorder. Yeah right...Sears can go to you know where. They can forget it!!!!!

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for this disappointing experience surrounding your online order and the poor customer service you received. I am so sorry we didn’t get your husband’s gift to you in time. My name is Zenaida and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. I came across your post today and was very disheartened to learn of your encounter with our online service. I would like to extend a hand and offer our assistance to make this right.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (287544), for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking to you soon do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response
We purchased a new Kenmore stackable washer/dryer from the Sears store in Ventura, CA. We asked to have everything includied in the order, including all accessories (venting, stacking kit, etc) and arranged for delivery since we were opening a new Sears account to get...

* and use what was there, and maybe have a fire is what it was supposed to say....I know if I needed laundry done, and most of the stuff was done, it just seems like less of a hassle to take a few mins and finish it up

View more comments
Sears Installation
With Official Company Response

Sears dishwasher install messed up

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher from a Sears store in Capitola, CA and paid the install charges. The install was delayed due to availability and subsequently rescheduled. The installer came in late in the day, tested and installed the unit. After trying it, over the next two days, the washer was not working. I called service and explained the problem and they scheduled a service call 10 days later. This was not good enough and after pushing I got them to commit to 7 days, but they promised to line up a replacement unit for me just in case. After 5 days I was tired of calling and emailing the customer service rep with whom I had been given a case number and getting no feedback. I brought in an independent plumber who immediately diagnosed the problem as the install was done incorrectly and the inlet water hose had been compressed against the floor, shutting off the inlet water. His fix took 5 minutes. I contacted Sears again and sent pictures after I talked to my service case manager. They agreed that the install had been done incorrectly and promised a refund of the install fees. Two days later a Sears installer showed up to "repair a broken soap dispenser" as it said on his form. He checked the install and signed it off as being OK and left. I sent details of this to the case manager too. (No response). A few weeks later I got a letter from the CA department of Energy asking for their energy rebate back due to the defective product having been returned. Apparently they were notified by Sears that the unit had been returned. I have had a second letter demanding payment which I have responded to. So here we are 3 months after the purchase and although the Bosch dishwasher is working well, I've paid the installation twice and am still trying to get the rebate system sorted out. Overall, I had no response from Sears. This is the last time I will purchase an appliance from Sears. I had problems with two previous appliance installs from them too. The company is seriously broken.
GentleGiant

Problems solved. After these posts I was contacted by Sears who promptly sent out a check and a follow up visit by a field installer.

Many thanks. Sears came through.

This is a follow up message. After being contacted in the forum by Sears, the problem was resolved very quickly and satisfactorily.

I was contacted by one of the support staff who arranged to have the problems resolved. Sears came through in the end.

GG

GentleGiant

Thanks for posting this Susan. I have sent you a direct email with the case number in the hope that you will be able to fix some of the internal problems at Sears.

BTW - I have to say that I received the refund of the installation check the day after my original post. This has to be coincidence, but Sears did come through in the end.

Dear GentleGiant:

We are truly sorry for the problems you are encountering with the installation of your new Bosch Dishwasher. I certainly understand your frustration and headache dealing with the CA Department of Energy asking for their rebate back because of your returned dishwasher and also having paid for installation twice. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution. Our team is part of the corporate executive social media customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. Letters sent to our corporate offices are handled by part of our team and we handle issues escalated via Social Media, such as Facebook, Twitter and sites such as Pissed Consumer. Your issue will remain here in our office with a personal case manager who will oversee the problem until it’s resolved.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (GentleGiant) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (3)