Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears dishwasher install messed up

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher from a Sears store in Capitola, CA and paid the install charges. The install was delayed due to availability and subsequently rescheduled. The installer came in late in the day, tested and installed the unit. After trying it, over the next two days, the washer was not working. I called service and explained the problem and they scheduled a service call 10 days later. This was not good enough and after pushing I got them to commit to 7 days, but they promised to line up a replacement unit for me just in case. After 5 days I was tired of calling and emailing the customer service rep with whom I had been given a case number and getting no feedback. I brought in an independent plumber who immediately diagnosed the problem as the install was done incorrectly and the inlet water hose had been compressed against the floor, shutting off the inlet water. His fix took 5 minutes. I contacted Sears again and sent pictures after I talked to my service case manager. They agreed that the install had been done incorrectly and promised a refund of the install fees. Two days later a Sears installer showed up to "repair a broken soap dispenser" as it said on his form. He checked the install and signed it off as being OK and left. I sent details of this to the case manager too. (No response). A few weeks later I got a letter from the CA department of Energy asking for their energy rebate back due to the defective product having been returned. Apparently they were notified by Sears that the unit had been returned. I have had a second letter demanding payment which I have responded to. So here we are 3 months after the purchase and although the Bosch dishwasher is working well, I've paid the installation twice and am still trying to get the rebate system sorted out. Overall, I had no response from Sears. This is the last time I will purchase an appliance from Sears. I had problems with two previous appliance installs from them too. The company is seriously broken.
GentleGiant

Problems solved. After these posts I was contacted by Sears who promptly sent out a check and a follow up visit by a field installer.

Many thanks. Sears came through.

This is a follow up message. After being contacted in the forum by Sears, the problem was resolved very quickly and satisfactorily.

I was contacted by one of the support staff who arranged to have the problems resolved. Sears came through in the end.

GG

GentleGiant

Thanks for posting this Susan. I have sent you a direct email with the case number in the hope that you will be able to fix some of the internal problems at Sears.

BTW - I have to say that I received the refund of the installation check the day after my original post. This has to be coincidence, but Sears did come through in the end.

Dear GentleGiant:

We are truly sorry for the problems you are encountering with the installation of your new Bosch Dishwasher. I certainly understand your frustration and headache dealing with the CA Department of Energy asking for their rebate back because of your returned dishwasher and also having paid for installation twice. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution. Our team is part of the corporate executive social media customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. Letters sent to our corporate offices are handled by part of our team and we handle issues escalated via Social Media, such as Facebook, Twitter and sites such as Pissed Consumer. Your issue will remain here in our office with a personal case manager who will oversee the problem until it’s resolved.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (GentleGiant) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

View more comments (3)
Sears Replacement

Sears in Edmonton, Alberta - Credit Card problems

I returned an item and had a $9 charge left on my credit card. With the credit from the return, I did not pay the balance of the bill and then received 3 threatening calls from the credit department! When I got the next bill I paid it immediately with my cut up card in the envelope. A follow up letter to the credit department resulted in no response, and an email also had no response. A third letter that included copies of the first and the email resulted in a phone call where the woman said, "There is nothing I can do to help you". NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY! I have not shopped at Sears since.

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for the manner in which you were treated when a member of our credit department called you. This is not the type of customer service that Sears has long been known for nor the type of customer service that you deserve. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this issue further and speak with you in order to find a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your charge was listed under and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (287089), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Product
Sears Credit Card
With Official Company Response
On 12/30/2111 we went to the Deptford NJ store to purchase winter boots for myself and my wife. The store had no size 10 waterproof/winter boots in stock. After several minutes the sales clerk, offered to order the boots online and have them shipped to our house for...

Dear Bcorr123,

What a terrible experience we put you through! I am so sorry we botched the order for your boots. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned with what I read here today. I would like to have one of our corporate case managers contact you in order to make this right.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Bcorr123) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

SEARS Kenmore ULTRA WASH Dishwasher--Poor Quality
SEARS Kenmore ULTRA WASH Dishwasher--Poor Quality

Update by user Jan 05, 2012

I totally forgot the closure to my complaint and my main point...Not only have the buttons been falling off, but last week the entire dishwasher stopped working and just died. Now, we have to replace the dishwasher that we have had for only about 3-4 years. What a...

ramasws

I bought a Kenmore Ultra Dishwasher Model # 665.13843K601 Serial # FW1712755 on 05/02/2008 from sears. It stopped working in 2012 and I replaced the control panel on 08/18/2012.

Again on 01/20/2014 it stopped working. I replaced the thermal fuse. Still it doesn't work. I have to replace the control panel again.

I have already spent $160 on a $500 appliance. I am wondering if I should spend another $130 for a new control panel or go for a new brand of dishwasher!

I used to have another brand of dishwasher for 16 years without any problem..

I regret buying Kenmore product. I will never buy or recommend Kenmore products

View more comments
With Official Company Response

Sears and their poor customer services

I had a very bad experience in November 22 2011 with the ill repair of my oven..i didnt even try to have it repaired for Christmas,didnt want to spol my last holiday.. On yesterday i called to schedule another appointment to have the oven serviced again...i talked with 3 reps and each put me on hold so long the phone automatically hung up..i one rep told me i had to pay for the repairs because 90 days had expired.i knew then i had trouble on my hand..still havent gotten through to get an appointment.not to mention all the automation before you talk with a person.

Dear Anonymous,

I sincerely apologize for the delay you experienced with trying to set up a repair appointment for your oven. I know sometimes we experience a spike in call volume causing higher hold times for our customers. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would love to reach out and make sure your oven is up and running smoothly and if you still need repairs we can help with scheduling. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to learn more of your bad experience from November and ensure proper resolution with oven.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to feel frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (286462) for reference to your issue. We truly value your patronage and look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Repair

Sears giftcard purchased online

Purchased for a Christmas gift on 12/10/11. Did not arrive by Christmas. I had to go to the Sears store and buy another on 12/23/11. Three phone calls and ridiculou excuses and it is now 1/4/12 with no credit back to me. The classic' "Wait 3-5 days for email confirmation that card has been traced down. I don't care where you trace it to, I did not receive and I am not going to pay for this. Bad customer relations and will never buy another one from Kmart/Sears again. Very displeased with customer service.

In response to above social media support rep:

I did receive and email on 1/6/12, stating that card was cancelled and they would credit my account with the $30. On 1/7/12, I received the cancelled Sears Giftcard.

Today, I received the $30 credit. Exactly one month after purchase. It's a terrible shame that I had to do all of this to get this matter taken care of. I do love this site though.

It seems that I got a quicker result here than all of the Sears Customer Service reps. Thank-you for responding.

Dear Shopehope,

I am so sorry your gift card did not arrive in time for the holiday and you have yet to receive your refund. I apologize for great inconvenience we caused when you had to make a trip into our store. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with refund.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the gift card was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Shopehope) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

SEARS IS TERRIBLE!

I placed an order on Sears.com on Nov. 25th , and as of Jan. 3rd, I've not received it. I sent three emails (over 6 week period) to the Sears online Customer Service support center: the first reply said my order was shipped, the second reply said that the order was being processed (huh?), and the third reply said I have to wait 7-10 days on an update on my order. I also contacted Sears customer support via phone, and was told that an email was being sent to the appropriate party in order to locate my product. That was over three weeks ago. I called again on Jan. 3rd and a customer service rep told me that the original email didn't contain thorough information, and was 'disregarded'. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and the rep refused. She indicated that she would fill out a report again. Not trusting this to happen, I immediately emailed Sears customer service again. This time I received an email reply: I would receive an update on my order in 7-10 days! I'll receive an UPDATE on my order 2 MONTHS after I placed it! To top it all off, in response to my concern that the cust service rep on the phone wouldn't permit me to speak to her supervisor, the email reply said: ""I am sure the information provided helped you". That was a ridiculous statement! Of course the information provided didn't help me! That is precisely why I sent another email to Sears customer service in the first place! The absurdity of that reply confirms that this was just a rote reply made with no respect for the customer's (my) issues. Sears' customer service is truly awful. Towards the consumer, Sears lacks accountability, respect, and credibility.

Bought a fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave. They've all required servicing.

As you can read above, their service is absolutely ***. Two weeks for any appointment. Longer if you need a part. Huge service time windows and then they cancel on you (the day of) and schedule on a day you can't be at home for.

If you work regular hours this service is completely infeasible. Sears might just be the worst appliance store I have ever dealt with. Oh, the cherry on the top is that after we complained about the situation, they decided to send us a "complementary" $5 charcoal filter (has yet to show up a week after they said it would come) for spending over $5,000 with them and it all breaking. But wait, there's more, then they called back and asked if we want to buy $400 worth of extended warranties.

Haha. Unbelievable.

The installer calls me up and tells me the dishwasher I already paid for is no longer in stock. Turns out they sold the dishwasher I bought to someone else.

After wasting at least 3 hours on the phone with India, I had to wait more than a month to get the discount. Worse than that, they charged me twice and I had to waste 3 more hours to get a credit.

Sears is a dying brand. I shop online several time a week and sears.com is by far the worst e-retailer I've ever experienced.

Sears customer service is almost all in India. They read scripts and can't help you with actual issues!

I bought a dishwasher from sears.com on Nov. 24. It was scheduled to be delivered and installed within a week.

I had same problem with delivery. First got email from an indian saying my order was shipped.

The another from him saying there was a delay. I checked the tracking and it was denied at the wrong address. I called customer service and got a chinese lady who said they will check into it and that it had been shipped back to the warehouse. I told them I want the delivery.

Next day I got an email saying the order is cancelled and my cc will be credited.

Jeeze I wanted those items. Never again.

This sounds like the typical Sears experience- I have swon off from ever dealing with them again. It's no surprice they are heading toward backruptcy!

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your unfortunate experience. I can only imagine the frustration you felt. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. What I have read here today is very troubling. I know that sometimes online orders take a few hours to reflect a status, but to be told it will take days is certainly not accurate. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with your online order.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (286287) for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking with you soon.

View more comments (5)

Sears in Edmonton, Alberta - Kenmore is junk

Purchased Kenmore Elite appliances including a top of top of the line fridge which the ice maker broke a couple of months after the warranty expired. It cost us $400 to repair and now it broke again after owning this for 4 years. We also overpaid for water filters by 30 bucks a filter by being referred to Sears Canada's parts depot where I waited on average 30 minutes each time before being helped. A mailman saw me one time and said that I could buy the same filters elsewhere and was shocked to see how cheap it was for the identical filter without Kenmore stamped on it. Also the Elite dish washer we bought is louder than the Whirlpool dishwasher that we previously had and paid about the third of the price of this so called elite product. Also on the best setting, it barely cleans the dishes.

I bought 5 Sears ELITE appliances 2010 lasted till 2014 all junked Don't wast your money all broke down in a few months of each other!

Sounds familiar... one month past the warranty the clothes washer breaks.

Service man attempted to fix it. I ran three loads of clothes through it and it broke again. My last kenmore washer lasted years not months.

Kenmore appliances are disposable boat anchors. I'm very disappointed.

#402080

Last year I bought 6 Sears ELITE appliances. I had not bought appliances for at least 15 years due to the fact that I have never had a problem.

Based on the previous performance, I figured I would just buy the Sears again but wanted more of the upscale features. Well 1 year and one month after the warranty expired on the ELITE appliances, a full 30% have quality problems that are "out of Warranty". I was told "you should have bought the extended warranty". The time I have spent on the phone with people who can't find my sales order and do not speak English that I can understand is totally unacceptable.

I will NEVER NEVER buy Sears again. :cry

#402061

My AMANA water filter cost more than $50.00 at Home Depot :(

#401952

Kenmore,Die Hard,Craftsman are all brand names put on a product Sears/Kmart sells, they own the brand name, they order there products from factories that make the specific product such as a dishwasher or frige and put there brand name on it.Theres nothing magical or special about it.It is the same product you can get at any other store just another brand name on it. It also comes with the same problems and faults.Its mecanical and not made to last forever as products were in the past, if they did how would these factories stay in business.

View more comments (4)

Searsagain

After being on the phone with sears for more than three days-I decided to contact general assembly directly. Sears disconnected my calls three times and I had to discuss my concerns with 6 different people in one day. Still-no help. I am very appalled by the customer services. Remember when Sears seemed to care. I think it is time to get give your service to other appliance and electronic stores who are trying to establish and retain a strong customer base. Where are the replies to all these Sear's customer complaints???? Message to General Assembly:a I just wanted to contact you and inform you of the poor service I have received from your company. My first initial contact with your company was less than professional. For example, Sears scheduled installation for my elliptical machine Saturday, and the customer service representative stated "Well, we do not know if we can get a technician out there Saturday, and we do not know why Sears keeps scheduling for us." As well, general assembly contacted me and stated that a technician would be there Saturday between 12-3 pm. On Saturday, I began to become concerned @ 2:30pm- I called your customer service, and they reported that they would follow up--3:00pm-no call back. I called both sears and general assembly and both assured me that a technician was still coming Saturday. Your company called 3:40pm and reported that no one would be coming Saturday--Unbelievable, I thought--no explanation. Your company called and said that I could reschedule for Monday-I did and Sears suggested that it would be early morning. Well, it is Monday, your company is closed and still no assembly. I called Sears and they were shocked. I have never received such poor customer service in addition to unreliable service such as this. I just thought you may be concerned with the way in which your company is providing customer service. I paid $200.00 and I have no elliptical machine assembled. Sears reported that this is the only company that assembles the Nordic track and I am at a loss. Actually, at this point --I am afraid to allow a company that works in this manner in my home--it almost seems that this is a fraudulent company. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sears Installation

Sears, Ripped me off!

I ordered a google tablet on dec 14th. Received an email that my order been sent out on Dec 16th. Waited until the 27th thinking the xmas rush was the cause of the delay and still no tablet. Called Usps to track my package. Usps stated that they would open up a investigation on my claim. a few days later i recieve an email from a company called electronic dealz stating that i would recieve my tablet by the third week of jan. WTF..I paid through sears, Now that i want to cancel i have to track down a third party to get a refund. Sears is the new word for trash. I will not look in sears direction when i drive by. I guess the name of the game for sears is to rip as many people off before going out of business. I mean i came to sears for the trusted name. Not to be swindled by a fly by night third party company located somewhere in east ***. DO NOT BUY FOR SEAR!!! I hate to see people lose their job. But i hope them mutha *** close down soon.
Madtoo

Anyone out there know how to proceed with a law suit against Sears & this 3rd party seller for no refund and no goods ever received? This vendor in AZ even emailed bogus tracking numbers for shipments that he never shipped!

Vendor Contact in AZ, I for one will be forwarding his contact information (Inman)to my attorney, and will also run a full report on his company. Suggest you do the same

Interesting, I am going thru the same things with electronics order (epad)ordered online thru Sears. Interesting part is I am also dealing with a man called Inman. Although his email address shows as a sears employee I can now see he is not.

I think time for a class action lawsuit against this vendor in AZ as well as Sears.

My husband and I have had the same problems all of you have had. We were able to get Sears to refund our shipping. But after sleeples nights and a lot of digging we found the owner of the company and his information.

Name:Imran Mirza

Phone 480-782-7481 480-818-6171

Adress 2630 S Southwind Dr

Gilbert AZ 85295

Do what you wish with this info.

I ordered 2 toys on 12/24 online, received confirmation after making my payment using my credit card; the following day I received an email cancelling my order because they did not have the items; I had to contact them to refund my money because they were quick to cancell the order, but not to refund my money. Then on 12/28, I ordered the same 2 toys through the phone and this time I asked on several occasions for the representative to make sure they have the items; he confirmed they did and again I paid with my credit card and received my confirmation.

But, the following day the same story repeated itself: I received another email cancelling my order for the same old reason and this time they invited me to contact them again if I wanted to buy something in the future.

I will never buy from Sears or any of their affiliates again and I will make sure my friends and family are also discouraged from doing so. for your information Sears and Kmart were merged couple of years ago, so watch out for them too because they also did the same to me in the past.

and i made the payment with sears, but it was their third party vendor electronic dealz who was supposed to have the items.

i made my credit card purchase over the phone with a sears representative! i too am getting the runaround, i received an email on dec 17 that said my item was shipped (even though i was supposed to receive it on the 16) i knew then this was trouble!!!

after playing this game for a week, i cancelled my order and requested a refund on dec 22. it has been nothing but a game of tag ever since!!

i have filed a complaint with the BBB, and my local news company. I have even sent email to the vp of sears but of course i have not received a return call.

I gave my money to sears. I ordered through a sears sales person.

Meaning i ordered from sears. It was over the phone with a sears Rep that failed to mention a third party vendor.

But you didn't buy from Sears, you bought from a 3rd party vendor on their website.

View more comments (8)