Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response

Sears Customer service not service @ all!!!

Ordered 4mens bluejean shirts thru sears online service dec5, confirmation sent said it was shipped out on dec8th. This was a christmas gift & ordering said they would deliver within 10 days. so i waited & waited then started to panic as the week of christmas was upon us, so that monday i called, tech support said it was shipped & they had 10 days to get it to me & she said i should recieve it by dec24th. Great, or so i thought. well christmas came & went & i had no present for my husband but reassured him it was coming. Well jan came & i called back, tech support said it had been delivered to me & i said no it wasnt. She tried to track it but had wrong traking number assigned to it so it was technically "LOST". but that someone would call me w/in 24hrs about it. Well another weeks wents by w/ no response so i called this morning only to find there were no records of my two previous calls ,WTF. So i just askd for a refund to my credit card. Rep said i could always just reorder. Yeah right...Sears can go to you know where. They can forget it!!!!!

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for this disappointing experience surrounding your online order and the poor customer service you received. I am so sorry we didn’t get your husband’s gift to you in time. My name is Zenaida and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. I came across your post today and was very disheartened to learn of your encounter with our online service. I would like to extend a hand and offer our assistance to make this right.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (287544), for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking to you soon do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response
We purchased a new Kenmore stackable washer/dryer from the Sears store in Ventura, CA. We asked to have everything includied in the order, including all accessories (venting, stacking kit, etc) and arranged for delivery since we were opening a new Sears account to get...

* and use what was there, and maybe have a fire is what it was supposed to say....I know if I needed laundry done, and most of the stuff was done, it just seems like less of a hassle to take a few mins and finish it up

View more comments
Sears Installation
With Official Company Response

Sears dishwasher install messed up

I purchased a Bosch dishwasher from a Sears store in Capitola, CA and paid the install charges. The install was delayed due to availability and subsequently rescheduled. The installer came in late in the day, tested and installed the unit. After trying it, over the next two days, the washer was not working. I called service and explained the problem and they scheduled a service call 10 days later. This was not good enough and after pushing I got them to commit to 7 days, but they promised to line up a replacement unit for me just in case. After 5 days I was tired of calling and emailing the customer service rep with whom I had been given a case number and getting no feedback. I brought in an independent plumber who immediately diagnosed the problem as the install was done incorrectly and the inlet water hose had been compressed against the floor, shutting off the inlet water. His fix took 5 minutes. I contacted Sears again and sent pictures after I talked to my service case manager. They agreed that the install had been done incorrectly and promised a refund of the install fees. Two days later a Sears installer showed up to "repair a broken soap dispenser" as it said on his form. He checked the install and signed it off as being OK and left. I sent details of this to the case manager too. (No response). A few weeks later I got a letter from the CA department of Energy asking for their energy rebate back due to the defective product having been returned. Apparently they were notified by Sears that the unit had been returned. I have had a second letter demanding payment which I have responded to. So here we are 3 months after the purchase and although the Bosch dishwasher is working well, I've paid the installation twice and am still trying to get the rebate system sorted out. Overall, I had no response from Sears. This is the last time I will purchase an appliance from Sears. I had problems with two previous appliance installs from them too. The company is seriously broken.
GentleGiant

Problems solved. After these posts I was contacted by Sears who promptly sent out a check and a follow up visit by a field installer.

Many thanks. Sears came through.

This is a follow up message. After being contacted in the forum by Sears, the problem was resolved very quickly and satisfactorily.

I was contacted by one of the support staff who arranged to have the problems resolved. Sears came through in the end.

GG

GentleGiant

Thanks for posting this Susan. I have sent you a direct email with the case number in the hope that you will be able to fix some of the internal problems at Sears.

BTW - I have to say that I received the refund of the installation check the day after my original post. This has to be coincidence, but Sears did come through in the end.

Dear GentleGiant:

We are truly sorry for the problems you are encountering with the installation of your new Bosch Dishwasher. I certainly understand your frustration and headache dealing with the CA Department of Energy asking for their rebate back because of your returned dishwasher and also having paid for installation twice. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution. Our team is part of the corporate executive social media customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. Letters sent to our corporate offices are handled by part of our team and we handle issues escalated via Social Media, such as Facebook, Twitter and sites such as Pissed Consumer. Your issue will remain here in our office with a personal case manager who will oversee the problem until it’s resolved.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (GentleGiant) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

View more comments (3)
Sears Replacement

Sears in Edmonton, Alberta - Credit Card problems

I returned an item and had a $9 charge left on my credit card. With the credit from the return, I did not pay the balance of the bill and then received 3 threatening calls from the credit department! When I got the next bill I paid it immediately with my cut up card in the envelope. A follow up letter to the credit department resulted in no response, and an email also had no response. A third letter that included copies of the first and the email resulted in a phone call where the woman said, "There is nothing I can do to help you". NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY! I have not shopped at Sears since.

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our apologies for the manner in which you were treated when a member of our credit department called you. This is not the type of customer service that Sears has long been known for nor the type of customer service that you deserve. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this issue further and speak with you in order to find a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your charge was listed under and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (287089), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Product
Sears Credit Card
With Official Company Response
On 12/30/2111 we went to the Deptford NJ store to purchase winter boots for myself and my wife. The store had no size 10 waterproof/winter boots in stock. After several minutes the sales clerk, offered to order the boots online and have them shipped to our house for...

Dear Bcorr123,

What a terrible experience we put you through! I am so sorry we botched the order for your boots. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned with what I read here today. I would like to have one of our corporate case managers contact you in order to make this right.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Bcorr123) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

SEARS Kenmore ULTRA WASH Dishwasher--Poor Quality
SEARS Kenmore ULTRA WASH Dishwasher--Poor Quality

Update by user Jan 05, 2012

I totally forgot the closure to my complaint and my main point...Not only have the buttons been falling off, but last week the entire dishwasher stopped working and just died. Now, we have to replace the dishwasher that we have had for only about 3-4 years. What a...

ramasws

I bought a Kenmore Ultra Dishwasher Model # 665.13843K601 Serial # FW1712755 on 05/02/2008 from sears. It stopped working in 2012 and I replaced the control panel on 08/18/2012.

Again on 01/20/2014 it stopped working. I replaced the thermal fuse. Still it doesn't work. I have to replace the control panel again.

I have already spent $160 on a $500 appliance. I am wondering if I should spend another $130 for a new control panel or go for a new brand of dishwasher!

I used to have another brand of dishwasher for 16 years without any problem..

I regret buying Kenmore product. I will never buy or recommend Kenmore products

View more comments
With Official Company Response

Sears and their poor customer services

I had a very bad experience in November 22 2011 with the ill repair of my oven..i didnt even try to have it repaired for Christmas,didnt want to spol my last holiday.. On yesterday i called to schedule another appointment to have the oven serviced again...i talked with 3 reps and each put me on hold so long the phone automatically hung up..i one rep told me i had to pay for the repairs because 90 days had expired.i knew then i had trouble on my hand..still havent gotten through to get an appointment.not to mention all the automation before you talk with a person.

Dear Anonymous,

I sincerely apologize for the delay you experienced with trying to set up a repair appointment for your oven. I know sometimes we experience a spike in call volume causing higher hold times for our customers. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would love to reach out and make sure your oven is up and running smoothly and if you still need repairs we can help with scheduling. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to learn more of your bad experience from November and ensure proper resolution with oven.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to feel frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (286462) for reference to your issue. We truly value your patronage and look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Repair

Sears giftcard purchased online

Purchased for a Christmas gift on 12/10/11. Did not arrive by Christmas. I had to go to the Sears store and buy another on 12/23/11. Three phone calls and ridiculou excuses and it is now 1/4/12 with no credit back to me. The classic' "Wait 3-5 days for email confirmation that card has been traced down. I don't care where you trace it to, I did not receive and I am not going to pay for this. Bad customer relations and will never buy another one from Kmart/Sears again. Very displeased with customer service.

In response to above social media support rep:

I did receive and email on 1/6/12, stating that card was cancelled and they would credit my account with the $30. On 1/7/12, I received the cancelled Sears Giftcard.

Today, I received the $30 credit. Exactly one month after purchase. It's a terrible shame that I had to do all of this to get this matter taken care of. I do love this site though.

It seems that I got a quicker result here than all of the Sears Customer Service reps. Thank-you for responding.

Dear Shopehope,

I am so sorry your gift card did not arrive in time for the holiday and you have yet to receive your refund. I apologize for great inconvenience we caused when you had to make a trip into our store. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with refund.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the gift card was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Shopehope) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

SEARS IS TERRIBLE!

I placed an order on Sears.com on Nov. 25th , and as of Jan. 3rd, I've not received it. I sent three emails (over 6 week period) to the Sears online Customer Service support center: the first reply said my order was shipped, the second reply said that the order was being processed (huh?), and the third reply said I have to wait 7-10 days on an update on my order. I also contacted Sears customer support via phone, and was told that an email was being sent to the appropriate party in order to locate my product. That was over three weeks ago. I called again on Jan. 3rd and a customer service rep told me that the original email didn't contain thorough information, and was 'disregarded'. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and the rep refused. She indicated that she would fill out a report again. Not trusting this to happen, I immediately emailed Sears customer service again. This time I received an email reply: I would receive an update on my order in 7-10 days! I'll receive an UPDATE on my order 2 MONTHS after I placed it! To top it all off, in response to my concern that the cust service rep on the phone wouldn't permit me to speak to her supervisor, the email reply said: ""I am sure the information provided helped you". That was a ridiculous statement! Of course the information provided didn't help me! That is precisely why I sent another email to Sears customer service in the first place! The absurdity of that reply confirms that this was just a rote reply made with no respect for the customer's (my) issues. Sears' customer service is truly awful. Towards the consumer, Sears lacks accountability, respect, and credibility.

Bought a fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave. They've all required servicing.

As you can read above, their service is absolutely ***. Two weeks for any appointment. Longer if you need a part. Huge service time windows and then they cancel on you (the day of) and schedule on a day you can't be at home for.

If you work regular hours this service is completely infeasible. Sears might just be the worst appliance store I have ever dealt with. Oh, the cherry on the top is that after we complained about the situation, they decided to send us a "complementary" $5 charcoal filter (has yet to show up a week after they said it would come) for spending over $5,000 with them and it all breaking. But wait, there's more, then they called back and asked if we want to buy $400 worth of extended warranties.

Haha. Unbelievable.

The installer calls me up and tells me the dishwasher I already paid for is no longer in stock. Turns out they sold the dishwasher I bought to someone else.

After wasting at least 3 hours on the phone with India, I had to wait more than a month to get the discount. Worse than that, they charged me twice and I had to waste 3 more hours to get a credit.

Sears is a dying brand. I shop online several time a week and sears.com is by far the worst e-retailer I've ever experienced.

Sears customer service is almost all in India. They read scripts and can't help you with actual issues!

I bought a dishwasher from sears.com on Nov. 24. It was scheduled to be delivered and installed within a week.

I had same problem with delivery. First got email from an indian saying my order was shipped.

The another from him saying there was a delay. I checked the tracking and it was denied at the wrong address. I called customer service and got a chinese lady who said they will check into it and that it had been shipped back to the warehouse. I told them I want the delivery.

Next day I got an email saying the order is cancelled and my cc will be credited.

Jeeze I wanted those items. Never again.

This sounds like the typical Sears experience- I have swon off from ever dealing with them again. It's no surprice they are heading toward backruptcy!

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your unfortunate experience. I can only imagine the frustration you felt. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. What I have read here today is very troubling. I know that sometimes online orders take a few hours to reflect a status, but to be told it will take days is certainly not accurate. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with your online order.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (286287) for reference to your issue. We value your business and look forward to talking with you soon.

View more comments (5)

Sears in Edmonton, Alberta - Kenmore is junk

Purchased Kenmore Elite appliances including a top of top of the line fridge which the ice maker broke a couple of months after the warranty expired. It cost us $400 to repair and now it broke again after owning this for 4 years. We also overpaid for water filters by 30 bucks a filter by being referred to Sears Canada's parts depot where I waited on average 30 minutes each time before being helped. A mailman saw me one time and said that I could buy the same filters elsewhere and was shocked to see how cheap it was for the identical filter without Kenmore stamped on it. Also the Elite dish washer we bought is louder than the Whirlpool dishwasher that we previously had and paid about the third of the price of this so called elite product. Also on the best setting, it barely cleans the dishes.

I bought 5 Sears ELITE appliances 2010 lasted till 2014 all junked Don't wast your money all broke down in a few months of each other!

Sounds familiar... one month past the warranty the clothes washer breaks.

Service man attempted to fix it. I ran three loads of clothes through it and it broke again. My last kenmore washer lasted years not months.

Kenmore appliances are disposable boat anchors. I'm very disappointed.

#402080

Last year I bought 6 Sears ELITE appliances. I had not bought appliances for at least 15 years due to the fact that I have never had a problem.

Based on the previous performance, I figured I would just buy the Sears again but wanted more of the upscale features. Well 1 year and one month after the warranty expired on the ELITE appliances, a full 30% have quality problems that are "out of Warranty". I was told "you should have bought the extended warranty". The time I have spent on the phone with people who can't find my sales order and do not speak English that I can understand is totally unacceptable.

I will NEVER NEVER buy Sears again. :cry

#402061

My AMANA water filter cost more than $50.00 at Home Depot :(

#401952

Kenmore,Die Hard,Craftsman are all brand names put on a product Sears/Kmart sells, they own the brand name, they order there products from factories that make the specific product such as a dishwasher or frige and put there brand name on it.Theres nothing magical or special about it.It is the same product you can get at any other store just another brand name on it. It also comes with the same problems and faults.Its mecanical and not made to last forever as products were in the past, if they did how would these factories stay in business.

View more comments (4)