Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears Rip off

I ordered the Bosch Tassimo T65 brewer at the Sears Store for $139.99 on the 10th of December as the product was out of stock and picked it on the 16th. Walmart is selling the same for $118 and Canadian Tire for $99.99. I took the flyer to the Sears store and requested a price match. The customer service staff at the counter refused. The supervisor, a lady by name of Lisa was dismissive and rude and when I asked for five minutes of her time said "you have one minute". Sears is really ripping of customers; not to mention disrespectful of them.

Sears says they use Monroe brand shocks and struts. If Sears doesn't have them in stock they call Autozone.

Autozone doesn't sell Monroe brand. Who is ripping off who?

MathewM

Hi,

Sears corporate office called a short while ago and apologized and refunded the money to my card.

Thank you Sears.

Hi,

The new price came after I purchased.

Wait a minute. YOU bought something then LATER found out it was cheaper somewhere else, so YOU blame the store for selling it to you at the price they sold it to you because your not smart enough to price compare BEFORE you shop? Go away, your boring me with your attitude.

View more comments (3)

SEARS will rip you off!

Over 2 weeks ago I bought a Christmas present for my husband online with Sears, this Christmas is important since he will be deployed next year. I tried to buy the item 1st through Kmart, part of Sears, my order went through but was out of stock, I was still charged and its still pending. I ordered it with Sears, I still have not received it! I now have paid twice for an item they have not sent and will not refund my money on. I can not afford another. Avoid SEARS! I have contacted them numerous times with no response or the run around. Even on facebook :( Very sad if you have used them for a special event!
Loss

Sears in Toronto, Ontario - Refrigerator repair with dishonest and careless repairman

Sears Canada sent someone to repair our KitchenAid fridge/freezer. we got a quote at the first visit but 2 weeks later, the repairman called us before he arrived to say that it was going to cost $1200-1500 (quote was $800 parts & labour). We called Sears to confirm the original quote then made the repairman sit thru the call again so that it was indisputable. He then scratched our cork floor & bent the freezer drawer rail during his repair so we're left with a big scar on the floor and derailed freezer drawer every time we open it!
Service
Sears Repair
Loss

Never again from Sears.com!

I ordered a TV from Sears.com over one of their weekend sales. My order confirmation said the TV would arrive on 12/12. A few days later I receive an email from Sears.com stating that my order has shipped and provided me with a tracking number. In order to see when the TV would arrive so I could make arrangement to be home, I realized the tracking number was incorrect. I waited a few days to make sure the details of my shipment would not appear. I called the carrier (freight shipping) and the lady confirmed that they WERE NOT shipping this item. I called Sears.com and the lady on the phone assured me that the freight company was shipping this item. Another week and I am still searching for any tracking information. I chat online with a customer service rep who finally admits that they shipped the item, but they are unsure who they are shipping it with. They cannot provide any of the details as they are unsure. The guy puts in an order for me to receive the information within 3 to 5 days. Still hadn't heard anything so I contacted another customer service rep who basically lied and kept telling me that shipping information was not available until the estimated arrival date passed. Complete BS. The lies and form letters with mismatched fonts keeps coming in as responses. I will NEVER order from Sears.com or Sears again. I keep getting the same form letters back as a response and they have no respect for my time that I have had to spend to see where my item was and when it would arrive.
Service
Sears Shipping Service
With Official Company Response

SEARS: Worst ever

My husband called our local sears store to find a digital photo frame for my mom on christmas. They immediately transfered him to a call center in Alabama (mind you we live in Michigan). We were guaranteed that the frame was in stock at the warehouse and could be shipped to our store. So we went ahead and ordered it. That was on the 16th of this month and we were promised that it would arrive between the 22nd-26th. On the 17th they took the money from my account. I went online to check the status of our order, and it said that as of December 18th, it was cancelled. No call, no e-mail, no word what so ever on this cancellation. But they still took our money. I called the sears customer service line and I asked why my order was cancelled and they said it was because they didn't have anymore in stock. The woman I spoke to was very rude and when I asked about getting my money back, she said that it would take about 3-5 business days to process the refund. Now I have to spend what little money I have left to find my mom something else, 4 days before christmas. I'm beyond pissed. I'm literally on the *** of tears because I have no idea what I'm going to do for her gift now. So please take my advice and don't EVER shop at sears. I would hate to hear about someone else getting robbed like we did.
SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear JaBlack13,

I am very sorry that you have not received the level of customer service that you deserve. This is definitely not the type of experience our customers should encounter with us. We do apologize for the disappointing experience you've had with one of our stores. We would like to talk to you about this situation and see what we can do to make it right. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jablack13) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Review

Sears Customer service sucks. Tools do too!

Greetings tractor and tool guys. I have placed my last transaction with Sears, PERIOD, and here is why. Several years ago my wife gave me a gift card and we still had a remaining balance on it. On Saturday I tried shopping their online tool site for some wrenches with their usual Christmas discounts. I selected a set of Dog Bone wrenches, a set of speed head box end wrenches and a seven piece set of ratcheting box end wrenches. They were nicely discounted (I thought) and the amount qualified for free shipping. I then found that the gift card would no longer be honored. I wish I had quit right there instead of paying with my VISA. I thought I really wanted those wrenches! Within minutes I received an email from "Imran Jooma" stating that the dog bone and speed end wrenches sets had been "canceled" but the ratcheting end wrenches would be shipped, even though my order no longer qualified for free shipping. Okay then, says I in the next few minutes and for several hours thereafter, to Imran, and then "Geena (pgiri0)," and some other yayhoo named "Hobbs G. (mashraf)" CANCEL THE REMAINING 1/3 of my order. I DON'T WANT THE SINGLE ITEM that YOU didn't CANCEL!" It became quite obvious that Imran, pgiri, and mashraf have only a passing acquaintance with American English as their second or third language. It was also painfully obvious that they wouldn't/couldn't cancel the last item. In itself, Sears trying to improve their profit returns by moving their help center overseas would be enough for me to quit patronizing them. The "Sears" wrenches arrived today. I will give them credit for having timely shipping. The "Craftsman" ratcheting end wrenches I received are dadgummed communist chinese made GEARWRENCH brand. A quick search on Amazon for comparable chinese garbage wrenches produced several other sets, one of them a ten piece set, that are less money and shipped free. I will be returning these faux wrenches the next time I am close to one of the Sears outlets that are twenty to thirty miles from home. As I said, I am done with these globalist shysters, or will be as soon as I return their chinese garbage wrenches and get my credit returned. If I want third rate imported junk, I'll go to Harbor Freight, talk to an American and pay an appropriately cheaper price. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and avoid Sears. Best Wishes
Product
Sears Credit Card
With Official Company Response

Sears in Stamford, Connecticut - Poor customer service for washing machine

The Sears service dept from the Rockville, MD area will not service my elderly mother's washing machine for 3 wks. The machine is less than 2 years old and she has a service contact. The machine is full of water and sheets and will not drain. She called on 12/8/11 to schedule an appointment. She was told a service person would be there on 12/15/11 but they didn't show up. They wanted to reschedule for 12/24/11 but she wasn't going to be home due to the holiday.It's now rescheduled for 12/24/11.
SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous282597,

We're indeed sorry to hear your washer is causing some trouble and our service has let you down. It's definitely not easy being without a washer. We'd like to look into this for you and offer our assistance and would like to talk to you about this situation and see what we can do to make it right. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous282597) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Had similar, not as bad -- experience with the same outfit: Sears service, under contract, washing machine -- took 2 weeks to show up, and were VERY late.

View more comments (1)

K-Mart/Sears false Christmas Shipping Advertising

It states on their website if you purchase item(s) by the 21st of Dec 2011 you will get your item(s) by December 24th 2011 and if you purchase more than 49 dollars you can have it shipped for free - I attempted to purchase apparel totaling 70 dollars and wanted the free ground shipping and they stated they couldn't promise delivery - could be 22nd thru the 26th. The 26th is after Christmas - hello. So I did not place the order - beware - CHECK THE FINE PRINT !!!!! I can't believe that a company can get away with that - That's false advertising - Amazing
Product
Sears Website

SEARS SUCKS

Sears warranty is useless. We bought an extended warranty for over $1000 on all of our appliances. We've had problems with our dishwasher for 5 months now. 4 service calls, 5 parts replaced, and they REFUSE to replace the piece of ***. It is unfixable, yet they say they cannot replace it because they do not have the "authorization" to replace it. When asked who does, they all point to someone else, and yet they all say the same thing. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD EVERYWHERE I CAN ABOUT HOW AWFUL THIS COMPANY IS.

bought a redo clothes washer at Sears outlet, Voorhees, NJ. Installed and found half of wash functions don't work.

Also, the rinse cycle is worthless. I've called, e-mailed and shouted from the rooftops only to be promised that it would be corrected by the next phone call. I have never received the next phone call!! Been promised the call many a time....it just never happens.

Unfortunetly, K-mart took over Sears, not the other way around. cheap begets cheap. I'm stuck paying for a worthless hunk of metal. I've already replaced the washer.

I'll probably sell the old washer for scrap. Cause it's ***.

agreed , bought a hot water heater and it did not work, sears service guys came out and tried to diagnose but were "parts changers". they ordered everything that could be replaced and when i called to have them come back out and fix the service dept.

could only get someone out 5 days later,so I had another local co.

do the repair at $120 out of own pocket, Sears sucks! Jim

View more comments (1)

Sears Will Not Price Match

Update by user Jan 11, 2012

I finally did speak to someone from Sears. Solution was that there is fine prints in the price matching policy Sears has.

Basically an item which you as to match can\'t be on sale. I said why wouldn\'t I go down the Road and save lots of money at Target or Best Buy and he had no answer.

As to warranty, he said Sears is a retailer and has no control over product such as craftsman warranty. Deal with them I was told. When I said that Sears with their quantity buying ability, they should insist that warranty rules be placed on all products which would be sold at Sears.

That\'s a good idea I was told.

Basic line, Sears will take your money and let you hang. They did pay me $50.00 gift certificate for my troubles.

Too bad I have to spend it at Sears. Many other stores sell the same products as Sears, I suggest people use those.

Update by user Jan 06, 2012

I finally got a call from Sears Corporate Office. They said that Sears price matches regular prices but not sale prices.

I said I bought 2 items at Best Buy each $20 less than Sears. I asked \"wouldn\'t you do the same\", the answer was yes. I was told to read the very fine print about price matching. Before anyone buys anything from Sears, do a google search for the item in your area.

I drove 2 minutes away to save $20 dollars. But in the end this is Sears policy and surely that why they are closing stores. Sears is not competitive with others.

Always check before buying from Sears. I did and saved a lot of money.

Update by user Dec 20, 2011

I digested a Sears ad in the newspaper 12/20/11. Totally read their small print guidelines about matching prices.

I gave them all the information they needed and more, but they refused to match prices as they advertise. It would be ok if they did not match prices, but to advertise they would and then neglect on that...isn\'t that a violation of some laws?

Sears was on a list of the top 10 troubled companies to watch out for in 2012. I think we all understand why.

Original review posted by user Dec 18, 2011

Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray Wifi Disk player advertized at Sears at $139.99. I checked on-line for store pickup in zip 14226. At Target and Best Buy the identical Sony on sale for store pickup at $119.99. All stores within 1/2 mile of each other. I ordered in my cart at all 3 stores ready for store pickup. Before checking out, I had a gift cert for Sears so I wished to buy at Sears. I went online and chatted to their live customer service rep. I asked for a price match and gave her the sites where I found the exact same product all online with store pickup all within 1/2 miles of each other. She said she would process the price match but then came back that Sears would not match because these were sale items at Target and Best Buy. It was a sale item at Sears also. She stated sorry this was Sears policy not to match sale items. I said thank you and please pass on to whoever at Sears, that I will go to Target or Best Buy to get the exact item. Is there anyone who would not. Sears policy follow it! Sears again must use the smallest font available in its price guarantee. I did show beyond any doubt and Sears Rep did verify this that the item using the exact terms could be purchased a a lower price elsewhere but Sears would not match this. Note that Amazon.com had the same with a 2 day shipping for $110.00 and others for somewhat lower. I did not ask for that price to be matched. Sears again is not a consumer friendly place of business. Why would anyone shop their is unknown. Sears in 2 previously complaints stated that someone would call me about the issues. 5 weeks later only e-mail stating they would call but no one has. Shop places other that Sears! They do not live up to any expectations. My experiences are proof to that. Today's no price match was expected. This is what Sears is.