Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response
My sister-in-law and my brother recently stayed a couple of weeks with my during the thanksgiving holidays with their dogs. Needless to say I cannot stand the smell of pets; I gave Sears a call to clean my carpets. They scheduled a date for them to come check out my...

Agreeing with this posters comments. Avoid Sears air duct cleaning at all costs.

Their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. It's complete disorganization to actually get to the appointment. Then, once the appointment actually happens, they will *** you into purchasing additional services (my $200 duct cleaning went up to over $800 for services that the technician claimed "had to be performed to complete the cleaning"). Turns out the "essential" additional services include the technician watering down my air conditioning unit with my garden hose...then leaving it in a heap on my deck.

The team that came into my house was also messy and unprofessional...leaving debris tracked throughout my home and dirty finger prints around the vents.

After trying to call customer service to have my concerns addressed, I have been bounced around from one service agent to another for over 3 WEEKS, with promises that someone who has decision making power will call me back. I'm frustrated that I was deceived by Sears and now am paying for it, but do yourself a favor and DO NOT hire Sears!!!!

View more comments
Sears Cleaning Service
With Official Company Response
First of all this is my second time having EXTREMELY HORRIBLE service with sears. I cannot even begin to express how frustrating and wrong their services are. The first time was with a water heater problem and this time it was for cleaning heating vents. I got a flier...

Dear Pissed customer1225:

I would like to offer you our sincere apology for the numerous problems you have encountered attempting to get your heating vents cleaned. This is not the level of customer service that you deserve nor the level of customer service that Sears has long established. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the heater vent cleaning was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Pissed customer1225) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Cleaning Service
Loss

Sears no customer service

Complaint made a month ago. Every other agency of entity can reach me. Sears leaves messages evry week. Just can't connect with them. Then when you complain they offer you a token "gift" to stop. Where did the old Sears go? No wonder they are in trouble. Started with a 4 month old cordless power drill i received as a gift with no receipt which they would not honor warranty. They still havent changed advertisement and I trying where it says anywhere that warranty is valad only with a receipt. Not on any of Sears ads or website or in their stores. Ohh Sears where did you go.

Dear weinbufo:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you are experiencing getting your warranty recognized even though the item was a gift. I certainly understand your frustration and inconvenience trying to find out the correct procedure when working with a warranty on an item that received as a gift. We would like to look into this situation further and offer our assistance toward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the drill was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (weinbufo) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

If you can tell them an approximate date of purchase and especially if you paid with a credit card, you could ask them to look up the receipt for you and have them print it out. I do that for customers all of the time where I work.

weinbufo

Thank you for finding the warranty information which myself and three Sears representatives couldn't. I am sure that any customer who gives a sears power tool or anything from Sears as gifts this season will provide a receipt and the statement on the warranty policy wraped with the gift.

I received my powerdrill as a father's day in June and it failed in November. Not Sear's fault. Shame Shame Shame on my children for not providing a Sear's receipt with the gift to their dad. My apology to Sear's for the way I raised my children.

I can do a websearch and find hundreds of complaints about the same issue from Sears.

Why shouldn't they print their policy on their packaging next to the warranty ad.

Oh! that would cost mighty Sear's ink and they would be a true believer of customer service.

weinbufo

Please provide the exact ULR for this. I checked the Sears website and weekly ads and NEVER have I seen that returns including gifts warranty is ONLY valid with receipt.

Yes I agree that this is an understanding which should be made, but when you give a gift or receive a gift from Sears have you received a gift receipt with the product. Understand, the warranty is not valid according to Sears without it. Included Craftman's items, a Sears brand. I have not seen anything in a Sear's store to indicate this either.

I would like Sear's to advertise and let customers know of the policy. One year warranty is prominate on the packaging, but how you get the service or what's needed is not.

This is explained by a reliable store at time of purchase. Others do this!

Here it is, straight from the Craftsman.com site under warranty

Cordless Portable Power Tools FOR ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, this power tool and any battery pack or charger are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship. With proof of purchase, a defective product will be replaced free of charge.

This warranty does not cover expendable parts that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period. This warranty is void if this product is ever used while providing commercial services or if rented to another person.

If you look at any Craftsman drill, or other power tool on the Sears website it shows that the warranty is one year. How are they supposed to know if you are within the one year period if you don't have a receipt?

That policy is listed in the customer service section of the website under "warranty information". I don't know any store that excepts any exchanges or returns without a receipt. Nice try though.

View more comments (6)

Sears is terrible

Bought a tv in Ohio and wanted to take it to FL. With bad info from Sears; it was never stated on web site tv cannot be laid down, as needed to get it to FL.. Wanted to return it in OH and pay same price in FL.. It was a black friday special. They act like I'm trying to rip them off or something. All I want to do is get the same deal in FL. as I got in OH.. The deal may be passed, but they sell the tv for the same price and make the same profit, just a few weeks later.

Dear Gravel,

Please accept our apologies for the problems you enountered moving your new television from Ohio to Florida. We know that you have experienced frustration with finding out the proper way to transport this television. We would like to look into this issue further and offer our assistance toward a resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the television was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Gravel) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

Mauia150. The tv is in perfect condition.

So Sad, you don't know what you're talking about . Shut up, ***

How do you figure same profit since you want to return a TV that you broke? What bad info did Sears provide you on moving the TV?

Did you ask a salesman, or just look on the website?

Perhaps the information was in the owners manual, or at the manufacturer's website, without knowing what kind of TV you bought, I don't know the answer to this, but they have no obligation to you as regards the Black Friday pricing. If you could have convinced them that is was just broken when you opened the box, they might have either fixed it, or replaced it.

They don't call it Black Tuesday or Black Thursday or Black any other day of the week. Its called "Black Friday" for a reason because those deals are only offered on Black Friday.

The world is falling apart with *** like you on the loose. Put your football helmet back on and go back to banging your head against the wall.

View more comments (3)
Review

SEARS & SEARS.COM IS WORTHLESS!

Don't ever order from Sears or Sears.com. It is the most incompetent group of individuals I have EVER had the displeasure of dealing with! I ordered 1 smail, simple washer and a set of washer hoses to be delivered. They delivered the hoses and LOST the washer! It took 14 phone calls back and forth between sears.com customer service and sears home delivery before I finally got someone on the phone that had a brain! They still haven't delivered the washer and now when I try to call the installer, his voice mailbox is "full" so, how convenient, you can't leave a message. Bottom line... don't buy from Sears or Sears.com. They've lost two of my orders but were more than happy to charge my card! Buy your items in person from any store!
Review

Sears will not replace a demolished stove that they loaded

We went today and purchased a new stove from the local Sears store. The employee loaded the stove onto my trailer, and I left the store. Only a couple miles up the road the stove came off of the trailer! It is completely demolished :( We picked everything up out of the road and drove back to Sears. When we got there they told us that there was nothing they could do and that we should have purchased tie-straps from them......Little late for that! So, I came home and called Sears "800" number and the lady tells me that they owe me a replacement...... Then she gives me the number to the same store that just said there was nothing they could do......?????????? Now what...........

The paper you signed states that Sears will help you load the item but they are not responsible for securing the item. It also states that they are not responsible for damages to the vehicle or the appliance while is being loaded.

Seas help you loaded as a courtesy but ultimately it is your responsability to secure the item. Is common sense.

You dont go to target and buy a shirt and asked the cashier to load for you. Sears employee help YOU load, you don not help them.

Why should Sears replace a stove that fell of YOUR trailer when YOU were driving? That's your own fault.

Blame Canada!

I find it hard to believe that the lady on the phone would say the store owed you a replacement, if you told her the truth. Ultimately, the responsibility for making sure your load is properly secured falls on you as the driver. Sure the Sears employee loaded it, but he didn't strap it down because that is your job.

Your auto insurance will cover your loss, and you the consumer are resposible.What if that stove hade hit someone behind you.After you purchased the stove if you did not pay for home delivery are resposible for its safe delivery, not Sears.

nikalseyn

It's called "taking personal responsibility." Only a fool would allow a stranger to load his trailer with an appliance and then not check to make sure it is secure. I suppose you still believe in the tooth fairy, right??

A wise person would've strapped in the stove. Nice going genius.

View more comments (6)
Sears Replacement

Terrible, Terrible, SEARS

Cancelled an order without notice...2 year-old Christmas present ordered in early November. However, after we called and re-ordered (still in stock), we were told it was a go. Was cancelled, again...we were told that we cancelled it again. I contacted them and have an e-mail from their customer service identifying their error. Their customer service rep assured me that they'd send us our shipment...three weeks later, they cancelled and told us "out of stock." Best part, they offered us the credit to buy something else along those lines. These folks are just not right.
Review
DO NOT ORDER FROM SEARS ONLINE Based on my personal experience I would strongly recommend that you NEVER order form Sears online. If you do be VERY aware of the following: 1) Do NOT believe the arrival dates shown on their website. 2) Be aware that they will bill your...

I am having the same problems.. I would write to the president.

Sears Shipping Service

Sears Blatant Disregard of its own Price match plus policy!!! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND IT AT ALL!!!

I purchase 5 digital cameras from Sears.com under the agreement that Sears was going to do a price match against their competitor (BEST-BUY). While on hold, the Sears customer "NO" service representative completed a review of their competitor on-line price and advised me that all the Sears Price Match Plus policy requirements were met and the order should be placed. After the order was confirmed and the credit card was approved, the customer "NO" service representative stated that I was going to see a "FULL" price charge on my credit card, and advised me to check on the price match discount a few days later because their system took a couple days to process it. A couple days later I checked my credit card statement on-line and discover that "NO"price match discount was credited yet. I called Sears customer service and explain to them the situation, however, after I discussed the issue with at least 4 different individuals, and was transferred to at least 4 different departments, I realized that I was going no where when a supervisor stated to me, quote: WHY YOU DON'T BUY THE CAMERAS OVER THERE!!! At first I was shocked, but then I realized that she was telling me that because there were not going to honor their own price match plus policy. I attempted to cancel the order right there and then, however, the cameras were already shipped and I needed to wait until they arrived to my house. Four days later when they finally arrived, I attempted to return the cameras to my local Sears store and to my surprise I was hit with all the shipping charges (about $45.00) because the Sears warehouse send the cameras to me individually and on different UPS tracking numbers and there was nothing I could do about it. Thanks god, when I attempted to purchase my cameras at my local BEST-BUY store the cameras where still available. Please be aware, Sears WILL NOT HONOR THEIR OWN PRICE MATCH PLUS POLICY even when all the requirements are met (same exact item, color, model no. must be available at the store for immediate pickup. etc. etc.) they WILL NOT HONOR IT!!! See e-mails below from their customer "NO" service department at Sears and same day BEST-BUY local store inventory and availability and judge for yourself. . . By the way, the price at Sears for each camera was $299.95 + tax and delivery and BEST-BUY had the same exact cameras for $149.00 each + tax and no shipping charge. . . You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! I know this is a long e-mail but you need to take the time to read this e-mail and really address this issue! Please take a look at the e-mail below and please help me understand what this so call customer "NO" service is talking about. Firsts of all, I purchase an electronic not an appliance, second, I requested a price match from your local competitor (BEST-BUY) and this customer "NO" service representative somehow is referring to a Sears "Friends and Family" deal that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm requesting. To: elitecommercialjanitorial@hotmail.comSubject: Re: Customer Service - Price match mail (KMM20086863V22251L0KM) Good Evening, Jesus! Thank you for shopping at Sears.com! We appreciate you choosing Sears for your appliance needs. Unfortunately, "Friends and Family" sale prices exclude purchases made prior to the sale date. This policy is stated below. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and we value you as our Sears customer. *5%, 10%, 15% and 20% savings off regular, sale and clearance prices apply to merchandise only. May not be used to reduce a layaway or credit balance. Not valid on Special Purchases, everyday great price items, home appliance accessories, closeouts, Price Drop items, Introductory Offers, Fab Finds, Insane Deals, Edwin Watts Golf, Levi's®, Lands' End® merchandise online, New Balance USA athletic shoes, Sears Fan Shop on sears.com, Excelled Leather, Personalized Jewelry, custom jewelry, red tag items, items powered by shoebuy.com, Wittnauer, EMC Outerwear, Sealy® Legato, Union, Kamela Ti, Serta® Audrey, Gazelle, Adrienne, Simmons® Brampton, Sears-O-Pedic® Treasures, iComfort, Stearns & Foster mattresses, electronics Family and Friends offer cannot be combined with electronics Sears card offers, video game hardware, LG®, Panasonic® Samsung®, Sony®, Bose, computers, Onkyo, prepaid calling cards, iTunes, Nikon DSLR, Sony DSLR, lenses, iPod®, converter boxes, baby gear & nursery furniture, fi tness accessories, Electrolux, Electrolux Icon, Jenn-Air®, Dacor, Fisher & Paykel, Weber®, J.A. Henckels®, fans, air cleaners, humidifi ers, dehumidifi ers, air conditioners, countertop microwaves, water heaters, water softeners, water fi ltration, sewing machines, steam mops, vac bags, belts, fi lters, carpet cleaning chemicals, Sears licensed businesses, Sears licensed partners & web sites, Digital Services, "Sears Presents" web sites, catalog orders, Gift Cards, money orders and wire transfers. Not valid on commercial orders or with any other coupons or previous purchases. In the event of a return, savings may be deducted from refund. Excludes special order kitchen, bath and decorative hardware fixtures at The Great Indoors. Family & Friends discounts are loaded automatically in cart when purchasing online (8pm CT 12/3 thru 4am CT 12/5 on sears.com). Online discount applies to items marked sold by Sears only. Online discount applies to appliances only from 5pm CT 12/4 to 4am CT 12/5. Online offers may vary. Event savings in Hackensack, NJ, Paramus,NJ and St. George, UT stores are valid 6pm-9pm 12/3. If we can be of any further assistance, just ask. We are here to help. We're here to make everything easier. Take our survey to tell us how we're doing. Make sure you are registered at sears.com for emails, so we can stay in touch! We're always looking for ways in which we can improve and we look forward to meeting your needs in the future. Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman and Reebok. Buy with confidence from Sears! To ensure you receive the best price on your purchase, please review our Price Match and Price Protection policies here! Shop www.sears.com now to pick up great products for the season. Kenny H. Sears Customer Care priceprotection@customerservice.sears.com 1-800-349-4358 Original Message Follows: ------------------------ Order Number = 303853368 User name = Jesus Hernandez ShippingAddress1 = 7248 Riley Dr. ShippingAddress2 = City = Fontana state = Ca code_ = 92336 ItemNumber = 00339573000 ItemDescription = Nikon Coolpix 12.1 MP 10X Optical Zoom 3 In. Clear Color LCD Digital Camera- Black LocalCompetitorName = Best Buy PricePaid = 299.95 localCompStreet1 = 18811 BEAR VALLEY RD. User localCompStreet2 = Local Competitor State = CA zipcode = 92308 CompetitorsPrice = 149.99 shipping = 0.00 Now, to make matters worse, I have not been able to talk to anyone on Sears.com that has the authority to do a price match over the phone. The following are the questions /steps asked/followed by ALL of your on-line customer "NO" service representatives: Sears: Item No.Sears: Order No.Sears: Competitors name. Sears: Please wait. . . 9 minutes later. . . Sears: Sorry, we cannot match the price. . . Me: WHY Sears: They don't have it stock. . . Me: I'm on line as we speak checking for the item, can we check it together. . . Sears: Ok Checked all the BUST-BUY stores within 50 miles from my zip code (92336) as required by the Sears Price Match Plus. . . See results below. . . FIND IT AT A BEST BUY STORE CHECK AVAILABILITY Enter your ZIP code or city and state to see where you can pick up this item.I knb ZIP Code OR City State Nikon - Coolpix S8100 12.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black Model: S8100 Black | SKU: 1222844 STORE PICKUP · Show:· BEST BUY STORES· BEST BUY MOBILE SPECIALTY STORESSTORES AVAILABILITY CORONA CA 2430 TUSCANY ST, CORONA, CA 92881 Map & Directions UNAVAILABLE YORBA LINDA CA 23000 SAVI RANCH PKWY, YORBA LINDA, CA92885 Map & Directions UNAVAILABLE MIRA LOMA CA 12281 LIMONITE AVE MIRA LOMA, CA 91752 Confirming store inventory at MIRA LOMA CA. Estimated Pickup Date: 12/03/2011 AVAILABLE NOW Pick up 12/03/2011 VICTORVILLE CA 12133 MALL BLVD, VICTORVILLE, CA 92392 Map & Directions UNAVAILABLE APPLE VALLEY CA 18811 BEAR VALLEY RD, APPLE VALLEY, CA92308 Map & Directions AVAILABLE NOW Pick up 12/03/2011 Me: As you can see the item is available right now at the APPLE VALLEY CA & MIRA LOMA CA stores. . .Sears: Please hold for a minute. . . This are the events that happen with nine (9) Sears Customer "NO" Service representatives after I prove to the them that the item was available, not just at one local BEST-BUY store but at a couple of them. . . 1st rep: Please hold. . . disconnected 2nd rep: We are very sorry, but we cannot match the price, my system does not allows me to do it. . . 3rd rep: Please hold. . . disconnected 4th rep: Please hold. . . disconnected 5th rep: Please hold. . . disconnected 6th rep: We are very sorry but the price is to low and we cannot match that price. . . 7th rep, (supposed supervisor): I do not know why the system is not allowing me to price match the item, I'm really sorry and gave me a phone number (800) 311-4313 to call directly. . . 8th rep at the new number: Please hold. . . disconnected 9th rep: Please hold. . . silence for a while never returned to line. . . End results: I have two order with Sears, 301945874 & 303853368 which totals 5 cameras. Sears for some reason is not willing to follow its own price match plus policy. So, due to such blatant inability to comply with your own Sears Price Match Policy, which to me its seems a deliberate internal act, I'm being forced to cancel both my orders and purchased them where I was supposed to in the first place. Purchased my five cameras at my local BEST-BUY (see order below) View: Mobile | Web | Español Weekly Deals Store Locator Customer Service Forums Visit Us: PRODUCTS SERVICES SHOPS & DEALS GIFTS Thanks for your order Hi Jesus: We've received your order and are working to get it ready. Check your up-to-date order status. Please don't go to the store yet.You'll receive another e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. It usually takes less than 45 minutes. If someone else is picking up your order:We'll send the pickup information to both you and the person picking up the order. Thanks for shopping at BestBuy.com. We hope to see you again soon. HELP TOPICSPayment & Pricing Shipping & Store Pickup Returns & RefundsHOW-TO VIDEOSChecking Order Status Using Store Pickup Plus ORDER DETAILS Order date: 12/03/2011 BESTBUY.COM Order number: BBY01-432244037872QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS5 Nikon-Coolpix S8100 12.1-Megapixel Digital Camera-Black-S8100 BlackSKU: 1222844 Mira Loma Ca 12281 LIMONITE AVE MIRA LOMA, CA 91752 Confirming store inventory at MIRA LOMA CA. Estimated Pickup Date: 12/03/2011 Order Total: $808.07 View: Mobile | Web | Español Weekly Deals Store Locator Customer Service Forums Visit Us: PRODUCTS SERVICES SHOPS & DEALS GIFTS Your item is ready for pickup 12/3/2011Order Number: BBY01-432244037872 Dear Jesus: Your purchase is now ready for pickup at the MIRA LOMA CA Best Buy store #775. Please pick it up bySunday, December 11, 2011, to avoid order cancellation. You'll need to bring: Your state-issued photo IDThe credit card used for the purchase: Visa ************5747The order number listed above - or a copy of this e-mailOnly the person who placed the order and is named on the purchasing credit card may pick it up. When you get to the store:Some stores have reserved parking spaces for Store Pickup customers.Inside, look for the Store Pickup sign - or ask the associate at the door to direct you to the right place.Please allow extra time if you're picking up a TV, large appliance or mobile phone. If you ordered items not listed here, you'll receive a separate e-mail with the status of those items. Thank you.Best Buy Customer Service ORDER DETAILS Order date: 12/03/2011 BESTBUY.COM Order number: BBY01-432244037872QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS5 NIKON COOLPIX S8100 BLACK (12/10X/3") SKU: 1222844 Will be picked up by: Jesus Hernandez Available for pickup at the MIRA LOMA CA store 775 Questions? Call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, please have your order number ready when you call. For complete order details, check your order status. No hassles, no excuses and best of all, they have a new loyal customer. . . Sears: You need to be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!! P.S. E-mail will be posted on all public compliant websites I can fine. This E-mail will be also forwarded to Senior Sears Executives and see if the realize there is a problem with their Price Match Plus policy and maybe do something about it. . .
Loss

Sears in Mountain Ranch, California - Worst customer service EVER!!

I placed an order on black Friday, Nov 24 for several items including a terry shower wrap. On Friday December 2 I received a package that had my name and address on the bag. When I opened the bag there was a pair of slippers that i DID NOT order and a packing slip listing someone name Deborah Smith and her address in Michigan. I called on Saturday to report this problem and I spoke with someone named Viarica (spelling may be wrong) who was very unhelpful and didn't know anything. She couldn't answer any of my questions and not to sound mean, but she sounded like an ***!! I literally had to explain the problem to her 4 times!! They sent me the wrong item, why is that so hard to understand??? She also sounded like she was talking to me from her kitchen or bathroom!! She said she would fix the problem and someone would contact me. Not that I am surprised, but I received the email below which give WRONG information. It says I want to return the Terry shower wrap. I DO NOT WANT TO RETURN THE TERRY SHOWER WRAP BECAUSE I NEVER RECEIVED THE WRAP!!! I received someone else's slippers instead!! When I called about this on Tuesday night, I talked to Apple and she was just as unhelpful as Viarica, though didn't seem as ***. I had to explain the issue 2 times with her ( I don't know why this issue is so hard to understand) She SAYS she fixed the pickup order so they know they are receiving the slippers and not the terry shower wrap. When i told her I WANT the terry shower wrap, she told me I had to re-order it?!? EXCUSE ME?!?! They made a mistake and I have to re-order it online?!?!? That is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard!!! I WILL NOT be re-ordering it because it will not be the same price as on black Friday and I have already spent way too much time trying to fix THEIR problem!! Plus I will not get reimbursed until they receive the item I'm sending back, even though its not the item I ordered, that makes no sense! I will be returning everything else I bought from you on black Friday and I will NEVER use Sears.com again. I hate going into Sears because I always have a bad experience. This was my first time ordering online with your store and I will NEVER do it again! I have now spent over an hour of my life trying to fix the mistake they made! This is not the way to gain business and in this economy, every customer counts.

back in the day, department stores were palaces of consumption. With shiny marble and electric lights, they became destinations for ladies who lunched in their tea rooms. In a strange way they resembled nothing so much as our modern museums, with cases dedicated to rarities, in the case of department stores, the latest wares.

One of my favorite movies has a wonderful scene (starting at 23:00)

As a little girl I remember the joy of visiting Santa in the store, shopping for back to school outfits, and browsing through the catalogs. Sadly those glory days are passed. American department stores outside NYC are a pathetic remanant of what they used to be. I rarely set foot in one unless my mother is visiting, but this year as I searched online for a replacement mattress for my sofa bed, I was surprised to see sears pop up at the top of Google. Hmm I thought, should the mattress have any problems, it would be nice to have brick and mortar option for return. So I place my order, scheduled to arrive in store for pick up on or about Dec 23-25.

Holiday approaches, and I'm busily working away, wrapping packages, finishing up last minute errands. No email from Sears telling me to pick up my mattress. I check website, order still "processing."

Day after Christmas, sick child and I laying on lumpy old mattress, I again check order. Processing. HMMMMM email customer service. Receive auto reply thanking me profusely, buried within, the following information

Per our records I see that you have placed the order for "Memory Foam Sleep Sofa Replacement Mattress" on 12/15/2011.

I see that the expected delivery date was on 12/23/2011. As the expected delivery date has been passed.

I have processed the request to the Research Specialist for the research. The research process may take some time. Please allow us 5-7 business days to get back to you with an update.

We are here for you!

Fabulous, Sears is there for me, which is good because as my parents are coming this week, I will be sleeping on said mattress. I log in to chat with representative. I'm sure this person is located far far away, and is bedeviled by annoying First World Problems all day long. I engage in endless loop in which I request to know if/when/where item shipped from, only to be told "5-7 days." Finally learn item is "in transit." Again "when/where."

Sears doesn't know! Yes your grandmother can track her mail from the freakin' P.O. but apparently Sears has no tracking information on their order.

I request 1. replacement with expedited shipping or 2. cancel my order

After an hour I get disconnected when original rep attempts to transfer chat to supervisor. HAHA Sears, I copy and paste the prior chat and restart

Get transfered to supervisor with clearly higher level de-escalation skills, straight from a script either generated by AI or written by person who has acquired English in addition to another language

Derrick: You have all the reasons to be concerned about this purchase. Honestly speaking even I would be concerned the same way if I were to be in your place.

YAY "Derrrick" feels my pain. Perhaps I *will* get my replacement shipped, or a credit for my inconvenience! I wait, and I wait. fMhson and I play some Lego Heroica Fortran (sigh as I hate kid games).

I wait.

At least 30 minutes has gone by since "Derrick" and I bonded. Nothing appears in chat window, yet I am still connected. I do some online searching. Apparently other people think Sears Sucks (at CS at least) both on blogs and Twitter. Sears is apparently aware that it sucks, as it has a team of people (with the FAB euphamistic" Social Media Support Escalations team") who respond to the many online rants (geez here is an idea, try putting the time/$ into improving the CS in the first place!)

At least an hour has passed since supervisor "Derrick" swooped in. I've spent more than 3 hours online this AM with Sears. I call it quits.