Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
With Official Company Response
Not a good reflection of good business and service. I scheduled a home improvement estimate, i confirmed it a day before and save the whole day for the consultant to come but on the actual day and 30 minutes past the scheduled time i got no call or message that someone...

Dear Anonymous278650,

My name is Robert and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out. We are terribly sorry our home improvement team has let you down. Is there anything we can still help with? We'd at least like to follow up with you regarding your experience. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous278650) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Service
Sears Delivery Service
With Official Company Response

Sears in Manhattan, Illinois - Bait and Switch BEWARE!!!!!!

Today I ordered a coat from Sears at their extended black Monday sale and used a promo code for an additional 15% off that was advertised on their website. Coat was originally $140.00 marked down to $70.00 and after using promo code total with tax and shipping was $63.00. placed the order got an email confirmation item would arrive in 6-8 business days. Credit card was charged. And then I get an email an hour later with this message: We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order because the items are no longer available. We hope you will forgive us and give us another chance to meet your needs. Our Personal Shoppers are ready to assist you in finding a comparable product and replacing your order. That was good. Not only did they get me in their store but they got me to use my CC and then told me just kidding let us help you find something different! Well come take a walk with me to Kohls or Wal-mart or Target. How do you think this coat looks on me? Won't ever shop online or in person at Sears again!

I ordered a wall oven and was promised a delivery date of 12/3. The delivery company even scheduled a time slot on the night before.

Then the morning of 12/3 when they were supposed to install they called to change it to 12/11. I contacted Sears and at first they blamed the installers and told me to contact them. I informed the Customer Service Rep that I had contacted them and they told me to contact Sears. He then told me that it was a delay on the manufacturers part.

He went on to say this is very rare and that they strive to provide an exemplary service. Still not good enough in my mind.

If they did not know there was going to be a delay they really should have. It is no wonder Sears are in trouble.

Bait and switch or thievery?

We ordered $1600+ worth of Sears appliances online. WE were going to use Lowe’s but the Sears website said if we ordered today the appliances would be delivered this coming weekend.

So we did it. We got an email confirming delivery on Sunday. Then they called to schedule it and said they couldn’t possibly deliver the appliances for 11 days! Liars!!

We only used Sears because of the promise of quick delivery and we NEED the appliances this weekend. This goes beyond “bait and switch” because when we told them to cancel the order and return our money to the debit card (same as cash), they refused! They said it would take nearly 2 weeks! They are using our money to earn interest.

They now have our money AND the appliances. They never had any intention of delivering our appliances. This is bait and switch.

It is illegal. If you are reading this and want to join a class action suit against Sears, contact me at ihatesears@gmail.com

dieselmon1274

The problem Robert is that you people send out a nice form response to everyone on here, asking us to contact you with our information, we do, and then you send another nice email with someones name that has been assigned as our case worker (like we're retarded or something) and they say they'll get back to us and they NEVER DO. So far I have 5 people getting back to me within 24 hours regarding my son's tool box and no one has. So if the person writing this complaint with the coat is hoping you'll help them, don't hold your breath.

Dear Anonymous278622,

We do apologize for the disappointing experience you've had with Sears.com. We'd at least like to follow up with you so we can improve our customer experiences. I am very sorry that you have not received the level of customer service that you deserve. This is definitely not the type of experience our customers should encounter with us. My name is Robert and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous278622) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (3)

Sears did it again!!

Well, I guess it's my own fault for giving Sears.com a second chance!! I received a gift card for $75 from Sears to give them a second chance. I was dumb enough to do it!! Ordered a lamp and some tools online, used the gift card, and received a confirmation that everything was in stock. Even received an email that the order had shipped. I got the tools about a week later and was waiting on the lamp. I figured it was shipping separately as that was only common sense. Well, today I received a Sears gift card for $73.30 with no explanation. I called them up and asked why and was told that my lamp had been cancelled on Nov. 24. Why couldn't they have sent an email?? Called them up and I swear I got PEGGY from the tv commercial. After numerous phone calls, I talked to someone who supposedly handled complaints and was told that it is a busy time of year and even though something shows they have it-they do not. She tried to order me another lamp that she said they had(showed 76 in stock) and I asked her to double check and guess what?--none. System not updated. So this time I am really not shopping at Sears anymore and I am going to give my gift card to someone I really HATE so there life can be mad a living *** by PEGGY and everyone else at Sears. You cannot depend on them to have anything that they advertise as being in stock. I have ordered for Christmas from Amazon, Overstock, Kohl's, and other online merchants and Sears is the only one with this problem!! STAY AWAY FROM SEARS IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY111 THEY DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR PATRONAGE AS THEY HAVE LENTY OF OTHER SHOPPERS TO PREY ON!!!!!!!

I too had an " experience " with Sears. I bought a side by side fridge, and 14 months later it quit.

I was told my warranty had expired. I bit the bullet and asked them so send a technician out to fix my problem. He arrived and diagnosed the problem, and said it would take a week to get the part. He the told me I needed to pay him $ 80 for a service call.

I reluctantly paid. The next day I called customer service to complain about the $ 80 fee and I was pretty much told " too bad ". I told her to cancel my order with Sears and I found a private contractor to fix my fridge. He came out and his diagnosis was completely different from the Sears guy.

He came over the next day and fixed my fridge.

NO MORE SEARS EVER!!!!!!!

dieselmon1274

Having the same problem with a toolchest I ordered. They advertised it on sale, when in fact they had none in the US in stock.

The bait.

They change prices everyday, advertise things they don't have and when you attempt to speak with anyone in customer service, they either disconnect you or blow you off. I agree, they are terrible.

Totally agree with you. My thanksgiving order has been canceled.

I should order from bestbuy with the same price. Sears sucks and they fake story that we can't go through security. *** it! I use same credit card, same billing address and home address for so many orders before and after thanksgiving order, they only cancel thanksgiving one!

Sears sucks, *** sears! Stay away from them!!!!!!! I can't believe that I can't even prove myself is myself with sears, even bank involves. Sears is terrible a cheater.

Their finance department even fake the notes with bank, so they can fake everything.

It is not safe to place order and release credit card information to them! Be careful!

View more comments (2)
With Official Company Response

AHS and Sears there contractor sucks

ahs SCHEDULED APPT TO FIX MY DRYER, WAITED 5 DAYS, REPAIRMAN CAME, 1 HR LATER DRYER STOPPED, CALLED THEM BACK, ANOTHER 5 DAY WAIT, THEN WHEN i CALLED AROUND 2PM TO SEE WHY THEY WERE NOT HERE YET, THEY SAID WE DID NOT SCHEDULE U TODAY. BOY WAS I FURIOUS, I CX THE APPOINTMENT AND WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A NEW DRYER. THE SERVICE WAS AWFUL!!!!!!!!! we have had this service for 5 years and only used it a couple of times and to say we did not schedule you. i called AHS after talking to sears of which is who they sent out, and all AHS did was put me on consult call with sears on the other line. Of course they denied everything!!!! jIMMY hUNTER

Dear Jimmy Hunter,

My name is Robert and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance. We are terribly sorry our repair team has let you down. Is there anything we can still help with? We'd at least like to follow up with you regarding your experience. Our department Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jimmy Hunter) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Lies

I have a sears washer that is just out of warranty, and unfortunately broke. Set-up an appointment with an 8-12 AM window for the repairman to show-up (took off a full day from work). No one ever came. Called customer service at 1:00 after 20 minutes on hold the rep came back to tell me that there were no repairmen available in my area that day. I explained to her that sears had set this appointment up, and asked why no one had called to let me know. She said that she wasn't sure , but could reschedule the appointment for me. I asked to speak to a manager, she said one was ot available, and that no discounts could be offered at this time as compensation for my "inconvienience" I declined to reschedule, and an hour after all of this transpired a customer service rep called to tell me that my appointment was cancelled for that day, and would I please call to reschedule my appointment. I will never use sears for repairs again.
Review

Sears canceled my thanksgiving order by cheating

I have even worse experience. I placed an order in thanksgiving for a TV with a good price, I even paid delivery fee which is 69.99, then 2 days before the delivery, I was told the order was cancelled because they can't go through security check. Then I called my credit card company, nothing is wrong, the money has been transferred to sears several days ago. Then discover bank called sears with me standing by online for a 3 way conference call. Discover found sears' notes about cancellation is that " they checked with me and didn't go through the security, they checked with discover bank, still didn't go through security, so they cancelled the fraud order"! Discover claimed that they never got any call from sears, and they release the money immediately after I placed the order. I request sears to present the phone call record about the verification, they refused. They said sorry, but suggest me placing order again, but with the price of $400 more than my original order. It is even funny a thing is: sears only cancelled my thanksgiving order. The order which I placed after thanksgiving with normal price is still there. If they can't verify my information, suspect it is fake, why they keep the other orders? Sears cheat customer in an obvious way. And it is their security department fake the information about me and bank, so I suspect the safety about transaction with them. I will never shop in sears anymore, and I will tell all my friends avoid them because they are cheating.

Today I got another email from sears, they said that they always got more orders than inventory, so they will cancel some orders. So security is a just so called excuse, although we are full credit score family, although the bank talked to them directly to prove that we are the real card holder!

They just screwed up!

*** sears. I never use this dirty word in my whole life, but *** SEARS!

They are really terrible, they insult us just want to cancel the order. They could figure out a better way to do it!

Again, *** SEARS!

Thank you, won'tbefooled.

Their customer service is really terrible, and they replied my email and phone with rediculous way, and eventually they only offer 5% off. But my thanksgiving order is 999.99+69.99 shipping + tax, and I placed order through discover card "discover shop partner", which I can get 160 as cash bonus (actually discover already gave to me since they paid sears and the transaction finished, afterwards, sears said that I am faking the credit card and cancelled the order". They really insult us since our credit score is almost full.

Now the price is 1399.99+69.99+ tax, they agree to give us 5% off, which means we still need to spend 350 more than our original order. Plus we cancelled our discover card, so we need to pay 160 more, which means we totally lost 510. We don't want to continue with sears anymore, they are not terrible, they are horrible. They fake information about bank and security, and we are scared since if they can fake this, they could do anything horrible to customer.

I

Oh and they sent me a 200$ gift card as 10% off my order. So, you need to let them know you won't accept it and they have to make good.

Listen, I had a similar experience with my Thanksgiving order being canceled. Call and ask for "online solutions".

I insisted they give me the price. But it didn't end there because they had to credit my Sears card which took an enormous amount of time. In the meantime it went out of stock online. I laid it on the line.

I said, you will make this right for me in some way. They ended up calling a local store who agreed to honor the price. Don't give up.

You are the customer. They need to make it right.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Sears in Cleveland, Ohio - SAME DAY INSTALL MY A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sears does not follow through on thier specials or their employees promises!!! I am without a hot water tank. We have an 80 gallon tank- a special order tank that takes 10-14 days to come in. Sears had one in stock. I called at 9:30 to place my order. So their special goes. Order an instock item and get same day install. Real long story short- my install can't be done till 12/6/11. Their employees are clueless, not trained and are NOT customer focused. They actually offered me a $50.00 gift card...oh like that's supposed to make thier false ads better!!! *** SEARS!!!
Loss

Sears in Chatham, Ontario - Manufacturing stocks - isnt that fraud?

On 28th November 2011 I saw an online advertisment on the Sears website for a XBox with Kinect for $199.I phoned the help line to ask if they had stocks in a branch but they couldnt help me other than giving me the phone number. However they did say that delivery would only be 3 to 5 days so why didnt I just order it. I said I would try the shop first. This I did to be told they had run out of stock in the shop I phoned. No problem, I went online and placed an order. The advertisement said that the price was a special only for that day and that it was in stock. When I added the item to my cart it said it was in stock. When I got the final invoice after placing the order it stated it was in stock. However the delivery date was shown as 30th December 2011. Over a month to get delivery on an in stock item? I have had three converstions with the so called customer care all of which has resulted in nothing more than condesending clap trap. As far as I can tell the customer care does not do what its primary objective is supposed to be which is help the customer - it is there to make excuses for the store. I was however told that it is the policy of the company to order direclty formt he supplier and it is therefore the supplier fault that the item is not yet in stock. Wonder if Microsoft knows that they are being blamed for the incompetence of Sears organisation? I have no choice but to wait until the delivery of the XBox although it was supposed to be a gift as it is a good price but I seriously wonder if Sears is going to come up with some excuse as to why it wont be delivered then. Made my mistake and bought from Sears, wont do it again.

So retailers are not allowed to run out of an item?

You want Sears to make a Microsoft product out of the blue?

Ever studied or worked with supply chains... PARTICULARLY in the video game area? Things like this are common with EVERY SINGLE RETAILER ON THE PLANET.

It isn't bait and switch if he got what he wanted at the sale price. Even if it isn't in stock he got it at the sale price.

dieselmon1274

Yes it is fraud. It's called Bait and Switch.

They bait you in with a sale price on items that are not in stock (Boat from China is delayed) or they only offer half the item (like a tool chest combo) and sell the half they have at the regular price. Customer service has all form letters they send out making you feel "special". Well you're not.

You're just another *** to them and they get your money. Welcome to Sears :)

View more comments (2)

Sears Cyber Monday Husqvarna are double the price as dealership

Couldn't believe Sears is selling their Husqvarna equipment for double the price as the dealership, Lowes, etc and that price has been lowered from an even higher price that's been crossed out to make consumers think they're getting over $100 off the original price. Example: Husqvarna 327LS 24-1/2-cc is on sale for $571.75 this is the original price $657.52. on their extended Cyber Monday sale today. At the dealership site www.husqvarna.com the same trimmer 327LS 24.5 cc for $339.95 and at Lowes Item # 328969 for $339.95, also.

Sears is doing False Advertising

On September they sent out a flyer for the East Coast area and in that flyer they advertised Men's Boots Brake Buckle Leather Biker 6" Black D91684 Sold By: Sears Promotion: Free Shipping for Kiosk Orders for $99.99. The sale was from November 20th through the 23rd (Pre-Thanksgiving sale). I went to the Sears store in Dartmouth, MA to purchase the boots. I tried on a pair of size twelve's and they fit so I asked the sales rep if they had another pair because the ones they gave me to try on where damaged (the stitching was all torn and the sides of the right boot had looked like they had been dragged along the ground). The sales rep said that was the ONLY pair of these boots they had, so he checked on-line and said they could order them for me right there and they would ship them to me at no additional cost and I would receive the boots on November 25. Order number 294499486. I ordered the boots and they charged my CC. On November 22nd I received an email from Sears stating "We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order because the items are no longer available.". I then contacted Sears customer service and she again processed the order on-line for the same boots. I checked my email later the same day expecting some sort of confirmation for the order. I received no email so I contact customer service again because I was supposed to pick up the boots in store at the Dartmouth location, but they had no record of any order processed; however, they did see the notes on my account but could not explain why the previous rep took all my CC information but never processed the order. I contacted the Dartmouth Store on my other phone and had the store manager and on-line customer service on the phone at the same time. The store stated they had one pair (the damaged pair) at this time, So customer rep and a supervisor they said they did have the boots in stock and said they would again process the order (again charging my CC) and have the boots shipped, and the boots would be delivered between December 1st and the 5th. Order number 297835275 On November 29th (today) I received another email from Sears (Yep, you guessed it (We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order because the items are no longer available.) and they canceled the order again! I contacted customer service and asked to speak with a Supervisor again, after waiting 30 minutes on hold to speak to a supervisor, when they finally answered the call I informed the Supervisor that this call was being recorded, she told me "I am sorry but I can't stay on the phone" and immediately hung up on me. I have every intention of pursuing this matter further as since they did not have the boots as stated in the flyer nor did they have these boots in stock at ANY LOCATION in the area, or online would constitute false advertisement.
dieselmon1274

This is fraud. It's called Bait and Switch.

You're just another *** to them and they get your money. Welcome to Sears :)

Service