Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in Waco, Texas - Oasis HE Washer made by Whirlpool for Kenmore

My complaint is basically like others. Continue to get the F51 error code. Recall was issued by Sears years ago (around 2009) and letters supposedly went out to all customers who purchased this machine. We never received one. Our washer was considered covered under recall. However, in August 2009 they lowered the serial numbers and then our washer didn't qualify for the recall. They are now stating they have "upgraded" for this machine that fix the problem. However, since it's not considered a recall the consumer must pay for these "upgraded" parts. Sears and Whirlpool should step-up.

To PC271176,

I'm very sorry for the repair issues that you are having with your washer. I can understand why you would be upset with having to pay for parts that are covered on some washers of the same make and model and with similar issues. We would be happy to look into this issue further for you and to provide you with the quality of service that you deserve. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your the following code (PC271176) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response

Sears in Glendale, California - Cancelled my appt but did not call me.

I always buy my appliances from Sears. Never had any repair problems before so was always a happy customer and I always trusted Sears. Have always recommend Sears to people because they have a good reputation for having great products and have been in business forever. But today I was deeply disappointed with their customer service and repair personnel. My appointment was between 1-5 pm. At 4:47pm I called them and they told me we needed to reschedule. I told them I did not understand why? They said the repair supervisor had called my house a couple hours earlier (they did not say a time)to make sure the parts had been delivered and he said their was no answer on my phone. This was a LIE. When I made the appointment it was because the parts had arrived. Why would I make an appointment without having the parts? I have been very patient up until now, this was to be the 3rd and final visit to repair my washing machine. I have a back injury and can't get around very well so my laundry is piled up so high and I have nothing else to wear. I was really looking forward to having clean clothes tomorrow. When I spoke to customer service they said there was nothing they could do and the next available appointment will be NOV. 8th. They asked if I wanted to schedule and I said no I need them to come out on the appointment I have for today. I did not cancel the appointment they did and lied by saying no one was home. Don't they record all their calls? They could check and see no one called me. So now I have been put at the end of all the appointments which is so wrong. Almost 2 more weeks until clean clothes. I started to cry and they put my call to escalated customer service. Which was no help and did not care that it was not me that cancelled it was sears WHY do I have to be punished. I would not even have known they were not coming at at had I not called to see what was going on and when they might be coming. I have already been waiting so long Since Sept 21st the day I scheduled my first appointment. Seriously this is how you treat your customers? This was your mistake not mine. Yet I am the one being inconvenienced. I can't lift my clothes to go to the laundry mat and I can't sit in their seats they have there either because of my injured back. I was home and have been home for months with my bad back. I have caller ID come look at it and you will see no one ever tried to call me.To put me at the end of the list was a real slap in the face. You should have kept your appointment even if it meant paying them over time. Or at least made room for me tomorrow. Seriously I can't even begin to tell you how emotional this has made me. This has stressed me out so bad, that it makes my back hurt worst because of the extra tension from being so upset. A little thing like washing your clothes can mean so much to someone. So what do I get out of all of this, Lies from sears repairman and More back pain. I can't believe they would Lie. He probably wanted to go home early. So they think it doesn't affect anybody when they do such things. Well think again

Thank God Today SEARS fixed my Washing machine. I have to admit nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes.

But at least they made good on their promises to take care of me. All big companies have their problems but SEARS stepped up and had the right people call me and treat me as I had originally expected to be treated from them. My faith in Sears is restored:) I just pray I never have something break on me again when I have an injury. Because you tend to be more emotional when companies make mistakes.

I did have to complain to be heard. But I want to Thank Sears for listening.

To Cee,

I'm so sorry for the poor service that you have received from Sears Home Services. I can certainly understand how this has greatly inconvenienced you especially when considering your back injury. We would appreciate the opportunity to provide the service that you deserve and to regain your trust in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair appointment is scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Cee) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

Sears in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Front loading washer...low water

Sears has dumbed-down their quaitiy. Unlike days of old, one could count on Kenmore for quality and longevity, that is not the case today. Our $1000 plus washer bit the dust, despite our care for it. Heard many complaints about cpu board and other things online regarding low water front loaders. Sears really comes up short for product quality across the board. For one hundred years, anyone could rely on Sears to sell a household a reliable product. NOT ANYMORE. I NO LONGER TRUST YOU, SEARS TO GIVE ME A QUALITY PRODUCT. Sears will surely kill itself corporately, if it doesn't get it's act back together!

To PC271129,

I'm sorry to hear that your washer isn't functioning properly. We understand how important it is to have a washer and I apologize for how this has inconvenienced you. Sears is the nation's largest retailer of the top ten brands of all appliances and we don't want you to lose total faith in the quality of the products that we sell. Instead, please understand that even the highest recommended appliance can experience mechanical failures. Regardless, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further about this issue and to regain your faith in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your the following code (PC271129) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears in Los Angeles, California - No Customer Service

Subject: Offer for Master Protection Agreement Thank you for sending your offer for an extended warranty, this has refreshed my memory about the great time I had with the Sear Manager at the Main St. location in Corona CA. She was a thrill to see just how far Sear has come with customer service. I visited this location on a Monday in around the first part of the month in October to purchase a dryer, mine was starting to make some noise, could have replaced the idler and rollers that the drum rides on…… I am a mechanical engineer. I found the dryer needed and purchased it but needed to wait several days to pick the unit up due to they do not have any on location. I did inquire about the warranty; it was for a year as you know. I declined the extended due to the quality of your products. I got the dryer home, out of the box and leveled with the gas hooked up. No heat, I mean with the dryer running, no heat. Just a reminder, the old one had heat, that is the electrical switches and gas valve was working, along with the GAS LINE….. I will get to this soon. I called the store in which I purchased the dryer from, spoke with the manager, she first asked about if I had purchased the extended warranty. (The paint on the dryer is still drying….) I have not had this dryer in my possession for more than 1 hour. Your store manager asked " Did you install a NEW GAS LINE" No kidding. I questioned her on the "New Gas Line". I ended up returning the dryer the next day, A very nice older man help with the return and advised me she had moved onto another store or up the latter to higher management. My final question to her was can you deliver a working dryer to my house, I have spent the time and waited several days for one that didn't work. She again referenced the extended warranty. I went to Lowe's that evening, got a dryer, brought it home, hooked it up…… And it WORKED, with the old gas line. Ex Sears Customer

To PC270870,

I apologize for the negative experience that you've recently had with the Sears store in Corona, CA. Being that the dryer was delivered to you only days before, the question of an "extended warranty" was completely irrelevant to your situation and I can completely understand why this would frustrate you. That the added and unnecessary frustration was caused by a store manager is even more troubling. I realize that you have already replaced the dryer thru one of our competitors and I don't blame you. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience and to regain your trust in Sears. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we appreciate your business with Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number dryer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the following code (PC270870) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears in London, Ontario - Rude Customer Service Clerk

I have had a sears store card for over 40 years. I ordered from website, the only way to order item, paid for item on card. Returned item for exchange. The price difference was less than $10.00 and was told it would be credit on my card. Don't order much so just wanted cash back. I objected to credit on card WAS TOLD NO BIG DEAL. I lost it then. I will not put up with rudeness from anyone. What happened to courtesy? Will not purchase again if this is their return policy. In order to get credit, I have to purchase something.

Dear Anonymous:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered returning an item to Sears.com and the rudeness you encountered by the agent who helped you on the phone. I'm not sure how to adequately convey sincerity to you but you should know that we are here to help with this and any other Sears related issue you may be having or have had. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help. I can understand your frustration with not being able to get your refund back in check or cash form and having to get it back as a store or online credit.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number online order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-270738) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response

Verbal Abuse by sears manager.

Manager, after I asked him to honor the discount we were offered which he refused, went ballistic. Hurling obscenities at my 85 year old disabled mother and me. Banning us from the store, screaming at the top of his lungs, following us out the door in a threatening manner. UNACCEPTABLE!! No consumer should ever be subjected to that under any conditions. This manager needs therapy.."Leo" is part of his name. If I could sue I would but will settle for filing complaints everywhere I can find forums to do so. I will never buy another Sears product again. Having been a kenmore family for over 40 years, ill will never set foot in a Sears store again, ever.

Dear Suziqd24:

I am very concerned and troubled by what happened to you and your Mother at the Paso Robles Sears Store. Please accept our sincere apology for the behavior of this Manager. This type of behavior is not acceptable at any time and under any circumstance. My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media escalations team. I'd like to explain our team to you. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. Letters sent to our corporate offices are handled by part of our team and we (Sears Cares) handle issue escalated via Social Media, such as Facebook and the site you are posting on now. Your issue will remain here in our office with a personal case manager who would like to talk with you regarding this incident and see how we can turn this incident around for you.

Because you have already provided your contact information, I will forward your information over to the Sears Cares team and a case manager will contact you as soon as possible. Again, please accept our apology for the way in which you and your Mother were treated in our store. I know this has caused you both much distress. Thank you,

Sears Social Media Support

I displayed no anger and I have never posted a complaint about anyone ever, but this was over the top. We did nothing to provoke him.

Perhaps he was having a bad day. I filed the complaint because my mother was disturbed by the outburst. He can keep his job. I don't care but he needs to work on relating to his customers.

SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL. I wish you continued good luck with Sears. I have a first amendment right and intend to use it when my rights are violated. By the way, I lead a very happy and fulfilling life.

Just went in as a return customer to spend a ton of money. His loss not mine.

We bought our frig, stove, and my washer and dryer from the paso robles sears store all in the last three years. I also have met and worked with the young man you discuss.

he went out of his way to help us and we found him to be very pleasing. my husband also goes in the store often to buy tools and get advice from the owner on home projects.

So we find this hard to believe. Some people who have unhappy lives try to blame others for their anger, is this you?

View more comments (2)
Sears Manager
With Official Company Response

Sears repair service screws its customers

Currently on hold (23 minutes and counting) after a supremely frustrating experience with Sears washer/dryer repair service. The "supervisor" or whomever I was supposed to be transferred to, evidently hung up. This, after the following experience of "customer care:" (1) Initially, we spent 30 minutes explaining to a barely-English-speaking rep that our combo washer and dryer was not draining water. (Provided all serial #s, etc.) (2) We were given a date one week out for service, and told that we would require two repairmen to service the unit, based on its height (stackable) and the likely issue (pump). We were quoted a price of $129 for the two-servicemen visit. (3) A single repairman shows up for the appointment, verifies that yes, indeed, two men are needed to service the unit, but alas, there is no one available. (4) "I can return tomorrow with another person," the repairman tells me: "between 1 and 5pm." (5) I call the service center to verify, and they respond that NO, absolutely NO appointments are available for AT LEAST another week (i.e., Oct 31). And they continue to tell me, in barely-comprehensible English, that it's my DRYER that they show needs servicing. When I ask to speak to a supervisor regarding what date two repairmen are ACTUALLY available (so as to have someone at home during the day) -- you guessed it -- I get the ten-minute-plus hold and then the disconnection. I don't even understand why Sears is using repair services that try to do the job on the cheap. From the bumbling phone reps who would CLEARLY prefer to address clients in Spanish, to the hapless repairmen sent out to waste their time and customers' WHEN THE SCOPE OF THE WORK HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED...it's such a waste of energy and money for all. So now I'm stuck with a week's worth of dirty laundry, another week to wait to see whether the company gets the memo to send 2 guys this time, and no clue as to whether the pump can be repaired in one visit or not. I know that I will never, ever purchase any appliance through this company again. Their level of "customer service" speaks volumes. One more customer who will be sure to badmouth Sears at every opportunity. It's outrageous to me that there is no other way to rectify this process than to wait and see. Doesn't Sears realize that how its service vendors are chosen reflects directly on the company?

To Tstefflbauer,

I apologize for the poor service that you have received from several Sears phone representatives and for the issues that you are having surrounding the repair of your laundry center. I can certainly understand your discontent with the way your service appointments have been mismanaged. We value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to help resolve these issues and to restore your faith in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair appointment is scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Tstefflbauer) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Repair
With Official Company Response

Sears rips off blind old ladies

Sears sold my blind 93 year old grandmother a high-end range, telling her that manual control models were no longer available. She was unable to operate the digital controls, and within a few days she began calling Sears to get the range returned. They never answered the phone, and only called after the 90 day exchange period expired. She was told that since the 90 days was up they would not help her. Even speaking with a "supervisor" who refused to give us her name. She now has the unused range sitting in her garage and is using a model she can operate manually which was purchased elsewhere. My grandmother will no longer shop at Sears after over 75 years of loyalty, nor will I. Sears and Roebuck are probably rolling in their graves over this. Shame on you!

I am thrilled to report that Sears contacted my grandmother within 3 days after seeing this complaint, and by the next week had picked up the range and refunded most of her money ( less a recycling fee ).

Thank you to all concerned. My grandmother is very pleased, as am I.

Dear Enraged:

I'm so sorry that this has happened to your grandmother. I can definitely understand why you would post a negative reivew here. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and we'd like to help. We would like to assign your grandmother a dedicated case manager who will assist her in getting this entire situation resolved to her satisfaction. Please email your grandmother's contact information to smsupport@searshc.com and a case manager will call to assist. Please be sure to include the phone number used to purchase the range(if different from the preferred contact number) in your email as well as your screen name (Enraged)so we can reference the case. Again, I apologize and I hope we hear from you soon.

Brian H.

View more comments (1)
With Official Company Response
Caution with Sears Home Delivery. The delivery person damaged my porcelain floor after jerking the refrigerator across my kitchen floor. I tried to file a claim after many phone calls and going through several different subcontractors. I finally located 3-PD Delivery...

To Xxland,

I apologize for the damage done to your floors by Sears Delivery and for the complications, surrounding this incident, with having the floors repaired. We would like to help you with this to ensure that all appropriate actions are taken and that you receive the quality service that you deserve. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Xxland) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Claim
With Official Company Response

Sears consumer dept. don't care

The letter that is posted here from Sears Consumer Care Department is another plan to decieve the consumers. Remember beware. They are during business like hoodlums. If you truely dont want to lose you hard earn money, I sugguest you purchase else where. I'm completely dissatsified and plan to seek a class action lawsuit. I'm Shannon International Dance Queen. You can post comments to my web page (facebook- shannonartist). I hope this information has helped honest people like yourself to be aware of evil doers. "LET THE MUSIC PLAY". Deja La Musica Consiga Para Siempre! love luv, Out of My Cash

Dear Anonymous:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team attempting to repair your washer and dryer and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this (so we can help). In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-270185) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media SupportReport