Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears delivery is terrible-no responsiveness to customers

I ordered a mattress from my local Sears. The delivery process was supposed to call the evening before the delivery with a delivery window and then again 30 minutes before they arrived the day of delivery. I had called and requested an afternoon delivery. I did not receive either call. The only message I got was at 11 am the day of the delivery saying they'd been there, but since I wasn't they had left. How was I supposed to know to be there!?!?!? My reschedule has been similarly mishandled. This is despite 'intervention' from store managers, the mattress department, and the delivery department. No one has any authority to fix the situation and this morning I've was told that because I had requested a late delivery (for my first delivery time) that they can't deliver today. I had been assured by the store manager that it would be at my house today. I am cancelling my order. Sears has an antiquated system (no email or text notification-not to menation effective use of voice mail) and the employees are not empowered IN ANY WAY to assist customers with issues. No wonder Sears is floundering. Delivery and customer service used to be corner stones and now they are their downfall. Terrible and very disappointing.
Sears Manager

BEWARE of Sears.com

Ordered a rocker/recliner from Sears.com. Received notice that item was delivered to store, great, fast shipping, good price. WRONG! Wrong color, wrong manufacturer. All they could do was cancel the order and wait for charge to cancel as well. Meantime, sale on item was ending in less than 24 hours. Placed a new order, having it shipped to different store (that store did not have the means to replace with correct item...or so they say). Instead of a few days for delivery it is now taking 26 to 28 days to ship. I erred in the email address where all notifications are going to. I could not correct it in the update info page. I called customer service, was told they could do it from there end but it would not last. If I wanted any more correspondence I'd have to contact them again and they would change it again. I have tried several times to change the email address on the page where such changes are made but all the old info remains. I have never heard of such a thing, not being able to update info on the update info page. And delivery taking so long. And not being able to make an exchange rather than canceling and reordering. Where do customers go for good prices, good service and good customer care? It no longer exists.

To PC268298,

I'm very sorry to hear that the online order for your recliner was delivered to the store incorrectly and that you didn't receive better help from our store associate. We would be happy provide more assistance with this order and to help you in anyway that we can. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide this code (PC268298) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Sears Social Media Support

Sears.com does suck. One year for Halloween I ordered matching pirate costumes for my husband and I.

Both were listed as in stock. When they arrived, his was a pirate costume, but one from a completely different pirate set (had it's own matching female counterpart). When I called, the answer was the one I originally ordered must have been out of stock from the beginning so instead they sent the other one??

That completely defeats the purpose of matching now doesn't it? Will not shop there again, or kmart.com since they are one in the same.

View more comments (1)
Sears Shipping Service

Sears in Saint Louis, Missouri - Electric range/convection oven

My oven stopped working, I called Sears and the rep told me if I spent $300.she would send someone to lookd at it in 8 days! If they could not fix it..I would get that credit in store. I said I needed to speak with my hubby..she nastily said "this is a one time offer, if you call back it will not be available!" I purchased all new kitchen appliance, top of the line 2 years ago, and have been loyal for 30 yrs.. I asked if he could give any rebate or discount he replied "Well if it is on sale, I'll sell it to you! I went to Lowes, it was not their product or problem...but they were understanding, attentive and gave me a good deal! Got a new range the next day.... I will never shop Sears again!

To PC268198,

I realize that you have already replaced your range but I wanted to reach out and apologize for the poor customer service that you recently received from a Sears phone representative. I believe the agent was referring to a Service Smart Agreement which is a repair agreement that we offer. As long as the agreement is purchased before the first repair appointment, in the case that the appliance is deemed non-repairable or if the parts and labor exceed $500, Sears will provide a voucher for up to $500 to replace the appliance with. Regardless, we would like the opportunity to discuss this issue with you further and to regain your trust in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide this code (PC268198) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

With Official Company Response
I bought a pair of 10K gold hoop earrings on sale for $29.99 supposedly marked down from $129.00. They had a very nice looking greek key geometric pattern. There were other $129 dollar hoop earrings too marking down just 60% though. So these were an especially "good...

Never purchase jewelry at Sears again!!!!!!

View more comments
Review
I tried to get a part for an air ratchet and found that the part was not available in the store. So I went online to order it. The part 81015215 list for 3.99. The shipping was 7.99. I call the parts cented in Tucker, Ga. to pick one up therte. They said they did...
nikalseyn

Sears is not the only place to get parts for tools and such. However, the shipping from most places will sometimes cost as much as the item you are ordering.

I just ordered three small springs for a B&S small engine and the springs cost $11.00 and the shipping was $7.50. But, I ordered them because I spent alot of time trying to find them both in stores and online and I needed them. If you know the part number, you can just plug that number into your search engine and find a place that sells it. Alot of places are out there so if you have some time, you can eliminate those that charge an arm and a leg for shipping, etc.

I now order all my John Deere tractor parts online.

Even with shipping it costs much less for blades, oil filters, etc., than if I go to the store here in town. As for Sears, I too have avoided it like the plague for at least 15 years now due to the lack of customer service and the lack of product knowledge of the salespeople.

Loss

Sears-frig quit, have to wait 7 days for repairman

I purchased a new refrigerator approximately 17 months ago. Also purchased a new freeze at the same time. Have always purchased applicances from local SEARS store. Refrigerator quit working today. Called Sears repair and was told they could not come look at it for 7 days! I spent thousands of dollars and 17 months later it quits? Sure I understand things happen, but they expect me to wait 7 days for a repairman? Spoke to repairman from another company, he is coming tomorrow. Says he is very busy these days fixing SEARS refrigerators! When I told him Sears Kenmore, he described my refrigerator and the problem, without asking any questions. As I told the nice lady from Sears when I called, I will no longer buy Sears appliances....If your products are so bad that your repairmen cannot keep up, then you need to improve the product or hire more repairmen...We all know there are plenty of people who need a job right now.

Dear Anonymous-267704:

I am very sorry that you have not received the level of customer service that you deserve. This is definitely not the type of experience our customers should encounter with us. We understand that you have contracted with another local company to service your refrigerator but we would still like to speak with you about the unfortunate situation with your refrigerator. My name is Susan and I am with Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We would like to look into this situation and make sure that everything that can be done for you is being done.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-267704) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Repair

SEARS

Sears sold me abused, cracked wash/dryer that leaked from day one. It stop working within two mths of purchase. The washer was literally and completely disassembled into pieces on my floor". The plaster tub was cracked and the metal lining was corroded underneath!. A couple of weeks later the dryer broke?. I tried to return them but Sears refused to completely reinburse me:. Sears defrauded, bamboozled, deceived, burned, duped, tricked me into buying from them with a discount". Beware! They dissembled and disassembled.. They were very rude and did not consider fair option/. The customer service sucks! I'm the International Dance Queen and I will never purchase from Sears again". I recommend you beware also. ebec0f

:( :( this sucks don't buy this *** Sears sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is horrible sears appliances don't very well my grandparents bought the one of their fridges and it broke down in lest than a year.

Dear Anonymous-267571:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you and your family. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. We are interested in taking over the handling of this issue or at the very least monitoring the progress of the current resolution. We need to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer/dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-267571) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (1)

Do Not Allow Sears Access to Your Checking Account - Unauthorized Charges

Sears has charged me a total of $332.18 for $83.83 worth of merchandise. I placed an order for $219.37 via PayPal with Sears.com. The order amount was immediately charged to my checking account but part of the order was cancelled by Sears. Instead of refunding the remaining balance left of the original order, Sears put another charge against my account for $83.83. This amount was for the items that were actually shipped. The original $219.37 is still pending against my account and I found out there is yet another pending charge for $28.98. This has totally screwed up my checking account and in the meantime Sears is causing my money to be tied up indefinitely. I have been over charged by more than $248.00 and I haven't gotten a reasonable explanation at all. There is no reason for Sears to continue to access my checking account when I've only authorized ONE transaction. Once the added transaction for $28.98 posts to my account it will be overdrawn.

wow, a similar issue occurred on my account. I have pending charge of around $350 on my sears credit card after an order was canceled 'in the inventory process" in error as I am told.

This occurred on 8/7/12 and sears.com has yet to resolve the issue. I reordered the item 3 times each time being assured the issue of the pending charge would resolve as I was ordering the same item,spoke to at least 20 people from the various departments at the credit card co. and sears.com and all the the orders were either canceled or never submitted.Each person gives me different information. I plan to pay off my balance once the pending charge is resolved and simply cancel the card.

I will never shop on line at sears .com . I am disgusted and tired of wasting my time repeating the entire story with each person I speak to,all of whom appear either indifferent or incompetent,and many of whom are difficult to understand due to Indian accents.

I did speak with someone who actually seems to have some authority in the sears card accounting dept,who appeared concerned as well as surprised at the comedy of errors . He plans to call me back this Friday to check on the outcome of my most recent placed order, which interestingly, like the others, is not reflected as ever have been submitted.

Dear Anonymous-267284:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered attempting to purchase items from Sears.com. I'm not sure how to adequately convey sincerity to you but you should know that we are here to help with this and any other Sears related issue you may be having or have had. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to look into this for you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Sears.com items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-267284) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

@Sears Response

I moved and someone was using my charge. When I changed my address, update,etc, I called Sears and found this out.

I had a $300 charge cancelled and the paper statements sent to me. Lo and behold, supposedly Sears closed the account, set up a new one but this same *** charged over 400 more dollars on the other side of the country! So I'm up to $700 with fraudulent charges and pain in the ___ to clear this all up.

Beware because IDs are not always checked even at $300! Hopefully this will get straightened out - it's strictly cash now with Sears - I'm not trusting anyone!

View more comments (2)
Review
I called sears to let them know of the problem I was having with my washing machine. They said over the phone that it was the pump and ordered on and told me to call them when the part came in. I called them and got an appointment 2 weeks later. The repairman came...

Currently on hold (23 minutes and counting) after a supremely frustrating experience with Sears repair service. The "supervisor" or whomever I was supposed to be transferred to, evidently hung up. This, after the following experience of "customer care:"

(1) My husband spent 30 minutes explaining to a barely-English-speaking rep that our combo washer and dryer was not draining water. (Provided all serial #s, etc.)

(2) We were given a date one week out for service, and told that we would require two repairmen to service the unit, based on its height (stackable) and the likely issue (pump). We were quoted a price of $129 for the two-servicemen visit.

(3) A single repairman shows up for the appointment, verifies that yes, indeed, two men are needed to service the unit, but alas, there is no one available.

(4) I can return tomorrow with another person, the repairman tells me: between 1 and 5.

(5) I call the service center to verify, and they respond that no, no appointments are available for AT LEAST another week (i.e., Oct 31). And they continue to tell me, in barely-comprehensible English, that it's my dryer that they show needs servicing.

When I ask to speak to a supervisor regarding what date two repairmen are ACTUALLY available (so as to have someone at home during the day) -- you guessed it -- I get the ten-minute hold and then the disconnection.

I don't even understand why Sears is using repair services that try to do the job on the cheap. From the bumbling service reps who would CLEARLY prefer to address clients in Spanish, to the hapless repairmen sent out to waste their time and customers WHEN THE SCOPE OF THE WORK HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED ...it's such a waste of time and money.

So now I'm stuck with a week's worth of dirty laundry, another week to wait to see whether the company gets the memo to send 2 guys this time, and no clue whether the pump can be repaired in one visit or not.

I know I will never, ever purchase any appliance through this company again. Their level of "customer service" speaks volumes. One more customer who will be sure to badmouth Sears at every opportunity.

View more comments
Sears Repair

Sears

Sears sold me abused, cracked wash/dryer that leaked from day one. It stop working within two mths of purchase. The washer was literally and completely disassembled into pieces on my floor". The plaster tub was cracked and the metal lining was corroded underneath?. A couple of weeks later the dryer broke|. I tried to return them but Sears refused to completely reinburse me". Sears defrauded, bamboozled, deceived, burned, duped, tricked me into buying from them with a discount'. Beware! They dissembled and disassembled:. They were very rude and did not consider fair option". The customer service sucks! I'm the International Dance Queen and I will never purchase from Sears again/. I recommend you beware also. e1fdfb