Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Will never purchase from Sears again

On 8/9, I purchased a dishwasher at Sears.com On 8/10, my Visa was charged On 9/1 (installation date), the installation company called to tell me the installer was in a severe car accident & would call to reschedule. On 9/14, when I re-contacted the installer, & was told that my $1k dishwasher, that had been in a severe accident, was in his garage, and he would install asap. From 9/15-9/19 I was ...volleyed around Sears Customer Service departments trying to request a new dishwasher that had not been in an accident. Bottom line - I had to accept delivery of the original dishwasher. On 9/19, 10/4 (2:30pm), 10/4 (5:30pm), and again today, I cancelled my order. No one should ever purchase an appliance from Sears. This is an embarassment to the company, and a very expensive hassle and waste of time for me.
Sears Installation

Sears not standing behind warranties

Purchased entire new home appliances (Elite) - moved in May 2011. Repairs on cooktop (2), freezer (1 and door continues to pop opening/closing, asume will eventually fall off), and dishwasher (5 including 1 replacement and waiting on repair #6 as was poorly installed. Service personnel miss appointments,fail to call and inform customer they are not coming. Customer calls dropped, call backs, transfers, more dropped calls (have to go through the whole reason I am calling each time - plus that horrible music grinding on and on (so irrating, I would gather many customer hang up the phone).No more Sears products - after all, I've only spent $14K!!!!
nikalseyn

Thanks for the word to the wise. Keep away from Sears products.

Review

Sears does not honor maintenance agreements

I recently bought a garden tractor from Sears, with a 5 year maintenance agreement and warranty. Already, the machine will not run. It is not a gasoline problem. It starts, runs about 10 minutes, then dies and will not restart. When I call "customer service" they tell me I have to wait 35-40 days before anyone can honor the maintenance agreement and check it for me. I was a sucker for dealing with Sears. I had no idea they had such lousy service. Please do not make the mistake I made; avoid Sears, I will never deal with them again.

Sears in Cleveland, Ohio - Assembler never showed for exercise bike

I paid $99.99 for assembly for a Schwinn recumbent exercise bike. Assembly was scheduled for Wednesday. I called on Tuesday for a time, but Sears said the assembler would call in the morning between 8-9:30 with a "time window." No one ever called in the morning, so I called Sears Installation at around noon. They said I was "on the schedule," and they would call the company to have them call me. No one called. I called again after a few hours and was transferred to a Customer Resolution Specialist who was going to try to find a new installer, but after one callback for more details, I never heard from her again!! I called again after 4:30 p.m., and I was told, I was on the schedule for the next day!! I had waited all day; the company changed the day without notification, and I can't be here on their chosen day!

SEARS BAD BUSINESS

Sears sold me abused, cracked wash/dryer that leaked from day one. It stop working within two mths of purchase. The washer was literally and completely disassembled into pieces on my floor. The plaster tub was cracked and the metal lining was corroded underneath. A couple of weeks later the dryer broke. I tried to return them but Sears refused to completely reinburse me. Sears defrauded, bamboozled, deceived, burned, duped, tricked me into buying from them with a discount. Beware! They dissembled and disassembled. They were very rude and did not consider fair option. The customer service sucks! I'm the International Dance Queen and I will never purchase from Sears again. I recommend you beware also.

Fmr. Tech Support Specialist: Don't Buy From Sears

If you want great customer service, REAL technical support & quality product, DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS! As a former Technical Support Specialist for Sears Holdings in Round Rock, Texas, I can tell you, not only is the customer service terrible, but this is also a horrible place to work at. There are no real technical support experts you talk to on the phone. Just people passing through until a better opportunity comes along. Its not their fault. The fault really rests on the managers who are more useless than a used tampon. They make promises& apologize non-stop on the phone & tell you, "yes sir/yes ma'am I can fix this", but honestly, only 20% of those promises are actually followed through. Plus, were given a 6 week crash course on product troubleshooting, along with poor scripts on how to deliver true customer service, which is an absolute joke.

May I ask why your not with Sears anymore? Could it be becuase you couldnt cut it and now your just complaining?

You do make some valid points though when you point out the training and the managers or lack of.

I also think its some of the customers that actually add to the problem when they expect us to drop everything just becuase they dont want to do simple troubleshooting steps. I understand they purchased and agreement but instead of crying about wait times then they can just help us help them.

Sears Technical Support

Ordering from Sears Online is a Sick Joke

Sears is just like the federal government. They can never do anything right and will never admit to doing anything wrong. Here is part of the email they sent me when I complained about not being able to cancel or track an order. Thank you for contacting Sears.com regarding your order# ... We are sorry to hear that you are unable to track your order ... ... Ralph, per your order details, I see that your order which has been shipped via UPS on 09/29/2011, is expected to be delivered on 10/11/2011. However, you will not be able to track the order at the moment, since it takes upto 6 business days for the UPS to update the tracking from the shipped date. The standard delivery time frame for your order is 5-9 business days from the shipped date. ... Total BS and THEFT by SEARS. It was marked as DELIVERED before it was shipped. If you have ever ordered online you know that the package goes into the tracking system as soon as it is picked up and the information is available the next day if not sooner. Also I placed many calls to sears after receiving their confirmation email that said that the package was shipped and received at the same time. Even the store manager was unable to help though she said she would refund my money as soon as I took the item back though that cannot be done until I receive it. I truely hate sears and will never do business there again.

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM I PLACED AN ORDER PAID BY CREDIT CARD I WENT TO THE SEARS STORE TO PICK IT UP TO BE TOLD IT WAS NOT THERE ,THAT ITS GOT TO BE SENT BY UPS AND THEN THEY WILL EMAIL ME TO GO GET IT I SPOKE TO THE STORE MANAGER NO HELP THEY CANT FIND IT I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GET PUT ON HOLD FOR OVER 60 MINUTES NO ONE COMES TO PHONE

I AM GOING CONSIDER THIS CREDIT CARD THEFT AND GO TO MY BANK GET THE CHARGES REVERSED

SEARS IS A VERY BAD PLACE TO SHOP!!

Same thing happened to me when ordering online.

Sears said the package was delivered to the store and picked up.

I never picked up the package.

I cannot believe how they are ripping off people.

It was a small item, but I, too, will never do business with

Sears again.

I shop Sears online once a week and never have a problem.

I placed order for 10 items on 11/28/15.rcvd email that all but 2 were cancelled?why no reason in email. I was charged for all.

Rconstant contact feel I was lied to over and over again..now my order history shows 6 more items have been delivered. Liars I would like to see the records

Same problem here. I just called them because I never received a tracking number on a purchase and when I log in it says delivered.

The expected delivery date is not until today and it's too early for it to have been delivered today. They are so unhelpful when you do manage to reach someone. They don't make any sense and talk about how you're going to get an email with tracking information and never address my concern about how it says delivered already on their website.

They just say I'm sorry that you see that somewhere and just keep talking about how I'm suppose to still get a tracking number emailed, and as we all know, it's going to happen. They wonder why their sales are dwindling.

yes, as of Sep 2015, Sears.com online is still a joke. Its ShopYourWay and Max program is a big joke. Confusing at best.

We had a different experience. We ordered a television online last night, and realized 30 seconds after the order that the item would ship to our home address and not to our daughter's address out of state where we wanted it to go.

We called sears customer support 5 minutes after the order was completed. They told us they could not change the ship to address. In addition, they could not cancel the order. In other words the order was set in stone.

Wow, that really stinks. How is that possible? What is the purpose of customer service? Apparently sears customer service employees are taught only 2 words, "I apologize".

I will NEVER purchase from sears online, and will avoid buying anything from sears. Do you know what sears does well? It makes good tools. That's it.

Unfortunately, everything they sell is made in China. So we are basically disputing the charge.

Sears stinks. :(

thomaspaine2011

Now for the rest of the story...

It is a long saga with a happy ending. While getting my refund from the local sears store, I noticed that the tv I had been intending to purchase had dropped in price and still included the acessory kit. I still wanted that tv Sony BRAVIA® 55" EX720. Since my problem was with Sears online, ( I told the Posterior Appature at Sears that they had sent the wrong traling number and he blew me off. When it came in it was a different tracking number as I expected.)

Ayway, they offered me free delivery and I could have it the next day so I decided to go ahead and buy it then and there instead of dealing with another "Mail order".

I got it the next day and it is a great tv. The picture is superb and I love its features.

If it lasts as long as my last flat screen I will be most satisfied.

Also someone at the home office got involved and sent me a $25.00 gift certificate which I used to help buy the Sony 3D Blu-Ray player.

thomaspaine2011

nikalseyn made an assumption and you all know what that means. I paid cash in the sears store for the online order.

PS If you write a lot as I did, before you submit your comments you will want to copy them to the clipboard or you will loose all that you typed if there is a problem with the security code. Just another thing Sears could fix.

nikalseyn

That's why you have a process called "dispute a charge" when you use a credit card. You do use a credit card for all online purchases, don't you??

I have hear of some people using a debit card or allowing the merchant to deduct it from their bank account, but no one could be that ***. In any event, dispute the charge if you don't get a refund from Sears posthaste.

View more comments (9)
Loss

Sears cancelled contract and I am currently trying to get my money back.

I am trying to get my money refunded from Sears for a water heater installation that Sears cancelled. It's been 8 days since the original purchase. It took Sears only 10 minutes to debit my account. I have been transferred from dept to dept and some depts aren't even open when they transfer me. I have been unsuccessful in getting my money returned. My next step is the attorney general. Sears says they didn't have a licensed plumber in my area. That is really sad since Sears is only 5 miles from my house. The phone number Sears gave me for call back is 1-800-497-4402.
nikalseyn

KMart now owns Sears. Need I say more?

I know exactly what you're going through. I ordered a stove through Sears.com on Sept.

6th and the next day received an email that Sears.com cancelled my order. In the email, it said I would receive a refund in 3-5 business days. Well, 8 days go by and no refund. So, I send Sears.com an email saying I haven't gotten my refund from the order Sears.com cancelled.

I get the reply that it will have to be "researched". Well, another few days go by so I send another email and receive a reply that I will get a refund in 3-5 business days. Five days go by and no refund. This time I call Sears and get told, the store didn't approve my refund.

What?! Sears.com cancels the order, takes my money and hasn't "approved" the refund. What's to approve? I went to my bank to dispute the charge because it's now Oct 1st and Sears.com still hasn't refunded my money.

Do yourself a favor and just dispute the charges instead of letting Sears give you the run around and waste your time.

Now, Sears has resorted to stealing customers' money. I guess they have been called thieves long enough so they figured why not take the next step.

View more comments (1)

Sears in Crystal Lake, Illinois - Brand new Dryer inoperative upon delivery

Sears delivered our new washer and dryer two weeks ago. The first crew didn't finish the installation. They sent a second crew 4 days later. When we tried to use the dryer it wouln't dry. We had a repairman out today and he said that it needs 2 parts. THESE ARE BRAND NEW and they need parts. They said that they would replace the dryer, but they are out of stock until late November. The store won't give us a different color with out more money because it was a special sale and the pedastals came with them. Meanwhile we are stuck with no working dryer after spending $2,000 and they won't do the right thing by simply exchanging it for us.
nikalseyn

dispute it with the credit card company. tell them what you stated above and the fact that you have been charged $2k for something that does not work and will not in the foreseeable future.

Or, you can go thru sears and demand a refund, NOW and for them to pick up the appliances NOW.

Either way, just remember Sears is now part of KMart and you know what that means for quality and service. The Sears, Roebuck you grew up with is no longer in existence, replaced with cheap foreign goods, *** customer service, and nothing but a shell of it's former self.

Sears in Los Angeles, California - Lied, no repair done after 3 months

Took My Vaccume in for service to Sears and was only 6 months old if that. I had the purchase copy and they took it and gave us a loaner. I was dealig with a gal named Amanda she was always less then pleasant with each call as weeks went by. I was leaving out of state in Aug 2011 and returned the loaner and asked my daughter too pickup ours when it is done. The call came 7-10 weeks after sent to service that mine was completed. When I went to pick it up I was told they never got the loaner which they did. The storee mgr Rich Lopez went into the back and got mine came out and chucked it at me and proceeded to tell me that they no longer sell my product so that service never fixed it I was like REALLY you have had this almost 3 months and you told me it was fixed and now it isnt?? He was less then polite about it annd I left the store after Amanda lied about the loaner anbd he was not kind at all I will never shop in Elko Nevada Kmart nor Sears AGAIN and because they dont stand behind their products anylonger is ***.
Sears Repair