Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Sears doesn't honor advertised prices

Nobody reads it but Sears has a disclaimer that they don't have to honor their own advertised prices or any other claims they may make. Sears web site advertised their 1,468 piece professional tool set for only $999.98 but when I called to order it their sales line was unable to place the order. After 3 hours, talking to 9 customer service people, and being disconnected twice, I was tolled that the website posted the wrong price and sears was going to break it's own policy by not selling me the tool set. I called again and was informed of a disclaimer that sears doesn't have to honor it's advertised prices.

Currently having issues sears.com because they advertised several mattress sets (items sold seperately) for 59.99- 99.99 when I went to purchase the mattress only which it said I could do it didn't give me the option so I called customer service who quickly told me it was a mistake on their part that the mattress was not that price. I told them it was clearly listed at that price and that I had even printed out the advertisement and all the information on the deal.

After spending over 2hrs being bounced back and forth they finally disabled the sears.com website which i am assuming is so they can fix the problem.

I looked up the product and it goes for just under 800 dollars. Very disappointed.

That sounds like my story exactly trying to order a tool set and storage combo, even down to the 3 hours spent with customer service and with an online chat. The representatives had trouble understanding me and I certainly had difficulty trying to decipher exactly what they meant.

Sears should go back to customer service based in the U.S.

and honor the prices they have posted on their website.

Sears will have to earn my business at this point!

Product
Sears Website
Loss

Sears review in Kentwood, Michigan: High pressure salesman

This happened about 2 years ago and I'm still angry. I bought a lawn tractor with a mulching kit at the Vero Beach, FL Sears store. The salesman said I could have 12 months to pay interest free. I said that it would not be necessary because I always pay my charge accounts in full every month, therefore there would be no interest. He kept insisting that it would be foolish not to take advantage of the offer. After the 4th or 5th go around I finally said "OK, but it's not necessary" just so he would finish ringing up the sale and I could leave. When I got home I went on-line to register my warranty and spotted the "No interest for 12 months" but there was also a choice of that or a 5% rebate on the sale which would have saved me $85 - $90. I selected the rebate and it was rejected because I already selected the "No Interest" option. I immediately called customer service and spoke to numerous people and they all had a flippant attitude so I was out of luck on the rebate. Why did the salesman practically demand that I accept the "No Interest" offer when I made it clear to him that I always pay the full balance of my accounts before the due date? I now buy my tools, etc. at Lowe's, Home Depot or Amazon.com. In fact, I now need 6 new tires for my motorhome and will not get them at Sears.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with someone that worked at Sears. Remember though it was that one sales person that did you wrong and not necessarily the company.

The sales person should have been a little more ethical and told you both offers instead of just one. Also, it is partly your fault as well. You didn't want the no interest so should have stood your ground. I work for a vacation company and we get complaints like this sometimes as well.

We deal with the situation and either write up or terminate that employee.

If you complain to the right people with Sears, I'm sure the same thing would happen there, too. Hope this helps put another perspective to it.

You posted that this happened two years ago.Dont dweal on past history.With your wineing Sears is probuly better off not having you as a customer.Now you can do your wineing about Lowe's.

Review

Sears review in Toronto, Ontario: Unable to get fridge fixed or speak with a Manager

I have a fridge bought from Sears a few years ago. I have the extended warranty from Sears and the mainboard of the fridge developed an issue. After 3 visits by 3 different certified technicians from Sears we are nowhere near solving the issue. I have called customer service almost everyday and asked to speak with a Manager. Not once was anybody available and although I was promised by 4 different people I will get a call-back from a Manager it never happened. At this point there 2 possible causes for my issue: either the problem cannot be fixed or the technicians are incompetent. Either way I believe 3 attempts at this are enough in terms of patience and it is only fair that I should be compensated for the time I am wasting being away from work and waiting for yet another attempt to get this issue fixed not to mention the aggravation. Unfortunately as I said before I am blocked at every attempt in speaking with somebody with authority to do something about it. I would like to know how is it possible to escalate my issue as Customer Service simply ignores me.
Loss

Sears Parts Online

I ordered a chute ring and chute for my snow blower to direct the snow. I was told I needed the hardware to go with it (5 nuts, bolts and washers). When I placed the order the total came to $60.57. When i received the email invoice I noticed the ring chute was only $14.65. So why was my total $60.57???????? Each nut was over $2.00 as was each washer and each bolt... So I ended up paying $60.57 for a ring chut that costs $14.65... OH and the best part.... NO RETURNS ON NUTS, BOLTS AND WASHERS..... Plus they sent me 3 huge bolts that had nothing to do with the ring chute.. I returned the ring chute because I found a site online that sold it much cheaper.I was credited $14.65. As for the nuts and bolts, I used the old ones and never opened the new ones. I am out over $30.00 for hardware I NEVER USED!! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SEARS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM THEY HAVE GOING

Ordered parts for lawn mower, paid standard shipping, for some reason UPS dropped them off to the post office once they were 30 miles from my house, still have not received parts. Customer service said they have to recieve info from post office before thet ship new parts.

Why were they delivered to the post office? Why did UPS not deliver? Why do business with sears again. Pissed off customer still waiting on parts.

Next email will be to BBB. And credit card company for fraud.

To PC272343

Please accept our apologies for the hassle you've experienced with your part order. This is definitely not the level of service we have long established. Not given the proper information for a part purchase can be frustrating and we would like to have the opportunity to correct this experience. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper customer service. My name is Robert and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (PC272343) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Parts Online Scam

I ordered a chute ring and chute for my snow blower to direct the snow. I was told I needed the hardware to go with it (5 nuts, bolts and washers). When I placed the order the total came to $60.57. When i received the email invoice I noticed the ring chute was only $14.65. So why was my total $60.57???????? Each nut was over $2.00 as was each washer and each bolt... So I ended up paying $60.57 for a ring chut that costs $14.65... OH and the best part.... NO RETURNS ON NUTS, BOLTS AND WASHERS..... (How convenient),Plus they sent me 3 huge bolts that had nothing to do with the ring chute.. I returned the ring chute because I found a site online that sold it much cheaper.I was credited $14.65. As for the nuts and bolts, I used the old ones and never opened the new ones. I am out over $30.00 for hardware I NEVER USED and cannot return!! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SEARS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM THEY HAVE GOING
Review

Sears took over a week to install my carpet

When the installer arrived and unrolled the 2 seperate carpet rolls shipped to him, they did not match in color. This would not work for seeming them together as they were 2 different shades. I'm sure they expidited the shipment of the new carpet because the installer assured us it won't take long and stated "I'll be back to install as soon as the new material arrives". The problem was, when I called Sears to complain that the delay was most inconvienent, I was given multipul different phone numbers to call so I could log a complaint. Everyone I spoke with was apoligetic but no one had any remidy. I had to rely on the installer to try and figure out what to do. The end result was my furnishings being piled up in my kitchen for over a week and our dinning set on the front porch. I spoke with a local carpet sales store and quickly realized my mistake. I was dealing with a national chain when I should have shopped local. With local shops I could have at least called someone to speak with them about my dis-satisfaction. With Sears I was just passed on to the next guy and I felt like once they got my money they had no responsability to give satisfactory service. It was pass the buck all the way. If you want to avoid this kind of fly-by-night service avoid national stores like sears for home improvment. I will.......

Here lies Sears Roebuck

After more than 38 years as a loyal Sears customer, I've had it! I had a treadmill under warranty for over 10 years, very few problems. When the electronic pad broke in the beginning of July, they wanted to fix the part since it is no longer made. I was later told it couldn't be done and they would replace the treadmill. To spare you the mess....they delivered it in September, it was defective,they came in November to replace it with a different brand I chose, it was defective (sounds more like a power saw than a treadmill) and now I have to wait over a week for another try. In this process, I have been disconnected numerous times with NO call back; repeatedly lied to, given incorrect information, etc. 1 rep said she was sending a gift card....no. I asked why I am paying for 4 months on the warranty with no treadmill...no one could help me. They are all trained to say "I'm so sorry", "I know it must be very frustrating", but NOT TO TAKE ANY ACTION! There was one day where I stayed home to take care of this and I spent no less than 5 hours on the phone with Sears! I will take my business elsewhere.

To PC272270,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have had with your new treadmill and for the poor service you have been receiving. It's clear we have let you down and we'd like to help make things right. I hear your concerns on this issue with your treadmill and we would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. My name is Robert and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the treadmill is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (PC272270) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Review

Sears review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Not Honoring Web Errors-Baiting and Switching

I recently made a online purchase of a Top & Bottom Tool Chest that read 432 piece tool set included for $644.00 on Oct 13th and when it arrived no tools to be found. I now am told on the phone it was a web error and the tools were really never included and all Sears could do is knock off 50% of freight if I purchased the tools. Well it is not my fault they had a web error and now have forced me to do a charge back with American Express, and Sears can come and get the items that sit on my floor. I will never do business with Sears again....Sears needs a lesson on how to do business and honor mistakes.

I did a charge back and forced Sears to issue call tags to have the items picked up. SearsCares please do not post your lies about caring in the eye of the public.

I know along with many others you all fail to do your job when dealing with the consumer so there is no need to answer these post as if you care. You all lost all business from me, my family and friends and I will bad mouth Sears to the day I die.

Sears had a chance on the phone to stand behind what was advertised and failed to do so - Instead they told me I needed to buy the tools that were offered for free. Also SearsCares you whole Facebook response are about as bad as the post you placed here....just more lies.

Walmart did not for me....just saying

Dear SiderMan936:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered ordering and receiving a Top & Bottom Tool Chest. I understand that you thought that your purchase would include tools but in fact it did not include tools. It sounds like this was not clear on our webpage. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns, such as yours, and we would like to speak with you further and help resolve this issue.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tools were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (SiderMan936) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Sears Social Media Support

Wal-Mart does - you find a item mis-labled on price and they will sell it for that price.

Don't know any retailers who will honor honest mistakes.

View more comments (4)
Review

Sears review in Chico, California: Unacceptable: Paid in full and still no delivery

Oct. 11th I placed on order online for a new washing machine. My card was charged immediately on 10/12. I chose the 31st of Oct. for delivery. It is now the 31st, 3 weeks from the purchase date, and I had not received a call to confirm delivery. Called Sears to confirm delivery and was told the following: Your appliance will not be delivered today, it is currently sitting in our warehouse, it was scheduled to be picked up by a contracted 3rd party for delivery but they never showed. I asked if he could contact them directly and was put on hold while he contacted the warehouse, when he returned I was told he was able to contact the delivering party and that they would pick up my appliance from the warehouse but could not tell me when it would be delivered but "probably" sometime this week. I arranged to stay home from work today because today was the agreed upon delivery date but apparently once sears has your money they could care less when your already purchased appliance gets delivered. Extremely dissatisfied with Sears. Will never spend another dime with Sears again.
jwegas

how completely inept. in response to your post about your washing machine, their fine customer service apologized for the trouble around the delivery of your refrigerator. good god are they all that way?

their customer service - they are ruining a great brand

#372002

*Update*

So I finally hear from SEARS three days after my scheduled delivery date has come and gone that my delivery was delayed...

I inquire as to a new delivery date and the response is THREE ADDITIONAL WEEKS from the original delivery date and over SIX WEEKS from the date I was charged for the order.

SEARS this is completely UNACCEPTABLE and I'm pretty brings up issues of legality (at least in California)

Also I have tried numerous times to contact the "SEARSCARES" escalation team but to no avail. It seems their only function is to attempt to save face by seeming to offer resolution via an automated message when their nefarious ways are brought to light by consumers who have been taken advantage of such as myself. This is a complete farce which it seems is just par for the course with SEARS.

I would advise against ordering from SEARS, their nonexistent customer service is a joke and I sincerely hope my words of warning help detour any of you from conducting business with this sorry company. Remember folks, all that glitters..

Thank you for your comment j wegas, I hope you see an expeditious resolution and I wish you better luck than I have had.

this is how they operate, i am tired and just about to give up on sears. i placed a 6 piece appliance order with sears on 10/15 and it all was available for delivery within 6-10 days but the earliest delivery option was 11/18. 4 week for in stock product....sad the last few weeks i have been in contact with customer service because i keep getting differing delivery information, now delayed again into december.

their customer service is like a broken record...name, phone, address, zip, name again, delivery address, ok now i found you, whats the issue, transfer repeat all again only to get the 'we will call you back' and they never do. there is no customer service in their customer service group.

about to cancel $4,400 order.

also charged my card with the order not upon delivery.

To Neptune,

I am so sorry for the problems you are experiencing surrounding the delivery of your refrigerator. I understand the impact that this has had on your schedule and the frustration that we have caused for you and your family. We would like the opportunity to help you resolve this issue and to regain you trust in Sears. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the delivery was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Neptune) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Bobby B.

View more comments (3)
Review

Sears review in Edmonton, Alberta: Rude staff, laying blame on customer NO apologies for gift receipt they LOST, Refused to reissue

Not the first time ordering through the Sears catalogue, but definetely will be the last. Ordered by phone exercise equipment, and asked for gift receipt to be enclosed as it was a gift. Staff reassured me it would be included. Didn't worry about it as didn't have issues in the past with previous purchases. Arrive at Kingsway store to pick up item yesterday. Waited for catalogue rep to issue cash to an employee for a till, and while she acted as switchboard. Eventually once she finished catching up on gossip, we went through the process of paying for the item. When I asked for teh gift receipt, her reply was "you're out of luck, I can't give one to you unless its attached to your item". I replied, "it shouldn't be a problem and it should be on there as I specifically requested one" Went to the back, item's box was torn, crushed and in generally rough shape. I figured its exercise equipment.. as a gift, it won't look pretty, but as long as the equipment inside is sound and no missing pieces, I can live with that, though I wasn't particularly happy since it now looked like a returned item instead of a brand new item (did not voice this to the rep). Unfortuantly, no gift receipt was found on or around the box. We were planning to give gift away the next day. We suggested could we return item, and have it resold to us so we may have a gift receipt. Told flatly "No, I can't do that for you because I can't issue you a gift receipt. You can't return it." When we explined situation that item was a gift, rep replied we could call the Catalogue customer service to have them mail us one. Ok, If that was the way store policy was. When I asked for a receipt, the staff rep pointed at the mailing label on the box and said "thats your receipt, you don't get a paper one." Ok... I've always got one in the past, but okay, maybe that's changed too. I politely asked for the phone number, so we could follow through with her solution. Staff rep refused, replied "its the same number you called when you placed the order", and walked into the back of the warehouse. Offput by her behavior, we figured, ok, we'll just look up the number ourselves and get Sears to send us a gift receipt. Pretty simple request... right? WRONG! Called customer service. Brief apology from switchboard staff when I reported catalogue rep rude, but whatever, purpose of call was to get gift receipt mailed to me, and the world is right again. Put on hold a while after I got transferred (expected that). When I stated to customer service rep that the store rep informed me I could have gift receipt mailed to me, I was told "No we can't do that. The order should have went through as a ship it as a gift, not with your name on it as the customer". I replied I made it quite clear it was a gift, that I needed a gift receipt, and I was not informed it was a different process (your problem, not mine... its just a gift receipt whats the big deal? I typically don't tell people how to do their jobs when I order things online, why should I have to start now?). In the past, if I told them it was a gift, a gift receipt was issued. Regardless, could they just mail me a gift receipt because I needed to give the gift tomorrow, and I can always give the gift receipt to my friend when it came in. The rep then back tracked and stated "No, we can't do that because our system doesn't allow for it". Then why was it offered as a solution then by the store staff then? I'm not doing this for kicks, I have better things to do with my time. Her solution was if I wanted a gift receipt, I had to return the item (directly contraditing the store rep - she said I couldn't), reorder it, and have them resend it out. She would also require the name, address etc of the gift receipient. Not a viable solution since the gift was required the next day. A brief silence ensued after I reiterated I was planning to give the gift tomorrow. I wanted to pick it up and have it wrapped in time for a birthday gift. I didn't want my friend forced to pick up the item on their own time, and save them a trip... thus why the item was in the trunk of my car. I asked the customer service rep if she can just do the paper work on her end and just send me the gift receipt. In the past, it was pretty simple for any store rep to go to a till and print out a gift receipt. I was then told no, the system doesn't allow for it and the rep implied I should have known their catalogue policies - "we dont issue gift receipts for catalogue items". Really? Did that just change for the 5 minutes I was one the phone with the rep? There IS a GIFT option online, I clearly stated it was a GIFT and stated quite clearly I required a gift receipt when I placed the order, reassured by the rep at the time it would be an issue and one would be included... and now I get BLAMED because they lost the gift receipt, and are hiding behind "a policy change" that they don't issue gift receipts period, and I really should have known all of this when I placed the order despite noone informing me till NOW? AND they can't give me one despite the store rep saying I can get one mailed to me? Why the run around? Do I have a sign on me that says please make this process as convoluted as possible and contradict ourselves at every level? Apparently yes. I mildly replied that they should do a better job of clarifying the policies to customers when they place their orders so things get put into the system properly to begin with - let the customer know when they place the order, especially when the customer clearly states its a gift... this would avoid unpleasant situations like this one now. Her reply was a vague not all staff know the policies, and my only route was to return it, re-order it and have it re-sent and have my friend pick it up. It was like talking to a defensive brick wall. What part of the store told me I "can't return it and cannot get a gift receipt" do you not understand? What is the point of trying to get a gift receipt if my friend is forced to go out of their way to pick up the item themselves? If the store refuses and says to call you to mail out a gift receipt, and you're telling me no, I have to return everything and wait a few weeks for the time to be shipped back... we're all running around in a nice frustrating little circle. I'm NOT going to play this game. She then proceeded to ask me what I wanted to do, so I told her I'll decide later. From a simple request (AND I never mentioned the fact the box was heavily damaged), this has turned into a "its your fault for ordering a gift and asking for a gift receipt when we don't give them out". Well excuse me for resonabley assuming that would be communicated to me at the time of purcase, and assuming a simple request would be accomadated since gift receipts were given in the past for phone and online orders, and that if I was reassured a gift receipt would be included and not be a problem, common sense would dictate one would be included, and one would be reissued when it was "lost". I have spent thousands of dollars in the past at Sears, being happy with the customer service and care whether it be snow blowers, appliances, roofing, repairs or furnishings and out of principle, I cetainly will never again. Neither will my friends and family, many who are building or just moved into new homes and will be making big purchases. We can and will take our business elsewhere where we'll be treated fairly where black is black and white is white... and not as a ping pong ball to be bounce back and froth nilly ***. I put things into quotes because you can and should go back through your recorded phone conversations. Could the customer service agent have salvaged the situation? Yes. Did she? Apart from a scripted I understand how you are frustrated sentance, there was no apology: -for not informing me no gift certificates can be issued when I placed the order -for an error on their part since I was told not only when I placed the order, but from the store catalague staff I can get it reissued by calling In short No. She only ended up eascalating things by trying to blame the customer. Hence this rather long tirade posted online for the world to see. I apologize to readers as this seems like a minor request - it really is JUST a gift receipt. But its the principle. Customer service is not giving customers a run around and then blaming them. That's ludicrious and absolutely ridiculous. Its sad to see that customer service at the catalogue area go down the tubes. I'm sad to paint all the staff at Sears the same way, because I'm sure its only a few rotten apples in the bunch. Senior staff influence new staff. But you had your chance when I had to experience not one frustrating experience, but two for a simple request - only to be taken for a ride... at your staffs (mis)direction. Train your staff. Customer service counts believe it or not. Rot is insidious and it spreads. As does word of mouth.

After a few phone calls from the Escalation dept, asking for details on the purchase so they could look it up on their end (they couldn't look it up under my name or phone # despite the catalogue dept being able to). I eventually got fed up and forwarded them my confirmation email since I didn't have any other documentation (other than the mailing sticker on the exercise equipment box).

They essentially emailed me back the confirmation email saying I could use it as a receipt, but since it wasn't purchased "thru the right channels" on their end, can't do anything about mailing me a gift receipt. Hopefully my friend isn't missing any pieces from his gift, b/c I really rather not deal with them again.

To PC271449

We're indeed sorry to hear you have been let down by not only your purchase, but also by members of our team. There's no doubt you have questions and concerns that need to be address and all of our customer service departments aim to 'own' issues and assist. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. My name is Robert and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a customer. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the treadmill is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (PC271449) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.