Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Sears in San Diego, California - Sale items and customer service

First: Sears customer service is obviously outsourced to some foreign country and they can do little to help. They just take down your complaint, and can only look up the same tracking information you can. Second: Sears seems to be in the habit of posting items on very good sales, confirming the purchase, and verifying the item was shipped, when the item was not really confirmed or shipped. They did this to me with a combo set of power tools, and after 4 weeks of trying to follow up, I was sent a UPS tracking number for a package that would have weighed around 20 pounds, showing a package delivered to the wrong state weighing one pound. When I inquired about this, they did not ship me the items, instead refunded my purchase price. I told them I did not want a refund. Since they had confirmed the purchase, and verified the shipment as if they really ever had the set, and I had waited 6 weeks, I want them to ship me the items. Every item in the set, they show on hand and in stock. Even though the sale value of the items sold separately is higher, they should absorb that cost to provide the items I ordered and fullfill their commitment. I think Sears is quite capable of absorbing the additional expense for something that was their error. If they never had the sets, or the advertised price was a mistake, they should have admitted that immediately instead of pretending to fullfill the order, and then pretending they don't know what happened. If this was the case, by the next day after ordering I should have recieved a cancellation due to ad or stock error, rather than a confirmation.

Still no response from "Sears Cares". Sent what they asked for and more to the email address given above on May 17. Obviously they monitor this website and add two new posts making it look like they will do something but do nothing.

Sent a response to smsupport@searshc.com attaching all previous emails to sears on 17 May. Have yet to receive any response.

I had already sent an email to the same on 28 Apr with no response then either. Nice of Laura D. to post a response as if they would now do something contacting the same people I did before. I found this email address previously from another complaint on this board which is why I used it.

It is just another one of Sears scams, posting an email they ignore even more than the others to appear as if they are trying to deal with the complaints on this board. At least the other email addresses I used got a response, although bad English, off the point, or just telling me they couldn’t do anything.

To Casca,

I saw your post and I want to apologize for the poor customer service you have received after ordering your power tools. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to discuss what happened and how we can make this right.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we might assist you in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tools were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Casca) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

View more comments (2)
Review

Sears did not replace side-by-side refrigerator

We purchased a 25.4 cu ft Sears Elite Refrigerator-Freezer from Sears Essentials for $ 1,800.00 + extended warranty. After three years use, the interior wall of this expensive refrigerator began to develop extensive cracks from front to rear on two shelf levels. Sears would only offer to "Super Glue" (Epoxy) a portion of the refrigerator wall as their Only offered solution. They said they do not replace interior refrigerator panels. After two months negotiating for a responsible solution, they "Being Cheap" would only "Super Glue" the growing cracks. My food is not getting as cold as it should be and Sears will NOT replace the unit which has continuing expanding cracks. Pissed off long-term California customer.

To Cleothompson,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your refrigerator. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cleothompson) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

With Official Company Response

Sears in Palatine, Illinois - Told me to throw out a good chainsaw.

I bought an electric chain saw from sears a couple of years ago. Recently the chain came off of the bar tried to fix it myself but I could not move the tensioner. So I took it to Sears repair at Woodfield in Schaumburg. They said that they do not fix electric lawn and garden tools. I told them that there was nothing wrong with the electric part just the tensioner. They gave me a hard time so I called Sears customer service who told me to take it back and the would fix it. What a joke, they didn't even send it out. They called and to told me to just come and get it. So I found out that if you buy any electric lawn and garden tool they won't fix it if it breaks, like an electric *** whacker etc. They want you to throw it out. So much for recycling.

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

I’m so sorry to read about the experience you had with trying to get your chain saw repaired. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to speak with you regarding this situation and to assist in resolving it to your satisfaction. My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the chain saw was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Chain Saw 5711) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

The electronic tools(for lawn and garden) are not covered for repair and that is not up to the stores. The repair centers cannot get parts for them.

The parts are not available.

If you got the SPP on the product which is a Sears Purchase Protection Agreement which I am sure was offered to you, you would have a brand new one right now. Thats why they are offered so if it breaks you just return it and get a brand new one no repair necessary.

View more comments (1)
Service
Sears Repair

Dont buy from Sears.com

Sears has lost its focus on what is important. All employees have no value to Sears. There is absolutely no incentive to work there. The Store managers are usually Nerds who have failed at life and are only capable of carrying out the company mandate. They have absolutely no business logic or any sort of communication skills. They love to discuss meaningless nonsense every morning or at any meeting, like a pep rally. Get with the program, idiots. Take care of the customer, Take care of your employees, and find ways to increase customer flow. Stop talking about useless fad points programs, that only promote online shopping, so you dont have to pay your associates. If you have an opinion as a manager your might as well quit or you will be fired. This is why sales are down. They are selling the stores out, Buyer beware, they are trying to get everyone to shop online. Sears online is a nightmare. If you decided to buy online good luck. Orders get messed up and noone will want to help you. Dont expect to buy online and then call the store with your troubles. Sears needs to learn how to do business and set an example. Sears used to be a name you can trust. Get with the program Sears

I completely agree. Sears treats their employees so badly that it trickles down to the customers.

Sears/K-mart is circling the toilet bowl.

View more comments (1)
Service
Sears Manager

Sears is the worst!

The Sears in GLENDALE CA has the worst customer service! and all the employees are so rude and not patient with the customers..even the managers are so rude to you they are all iliterate people..its so old fashioned and the stuff they are selling are so old fashioned i don't know why they don't close the store..? the last time i was there i went to the third floor half of the lights were turned of! i am really disappointed with this store and its poor customer service..i would never shop at sears again..never

To Esmeralda33,

I want to apologize for the poor experiences you have had in our Sears store. I am very concerned by what I’ve read here and would very much like to speak with you regarding the incidents that you have detailed in this post. My name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you that we might assist in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Esmeralda33) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Thank you for your attention and we look forward to speaking with you.

With Official Company Response

Simple request denied by Sears repair appointment service

We had a scheduled appointment for a washer repair. No technician called or ever showed up. When I reported this at 7pm on May 5th, 2011 I was offered an appointmetn on May 1oth which would not work for us and then given an appointment on May 12th. I asked for the reason the technician did not show up on the 5th and was told that the technicians's phone did not work. I then asked if they would send me an appointment confirmation in writing so I had a record of the appointment date and time. I further explained that this same situation had happened four months prior, was assured then that it would not happen again, and now wanted written proof of the appointment. The representative stated that they would not provide a written confirmation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to a disconnected number. I called back and explained the situation to the next representative. They were polite and immediately transferred me to a supervisor. The call was never answered and after 30 minutes the phone disconnected. I called *** a third time and explained the situation again. The representative again explained hat they did not send out written confirmations. I asked to speak to a supervior. The representative, who was also very polite, explained that the supervisor would tell me the same thing. I re-requested that I be tranferred. I was transferred and I am writing this while I am on hold, one hour later. I guess no one at sears is willing to take responsibility and be accountable.

To Susan,

I saw your comment here and wanted to reach out to you on behalf of Sears and apologize for the poor repair experience you detailed regarding your dishwasher. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would like to speak with you to see what can be done to rectify this situation.

As I stated, my name is Laura with the Sears Cares team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you that we might assist in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Susan) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Thank you for your attention and we look forward to speaking with you.

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations; I saw your post and want to apologize for the delayed response as I’ve just come across it here. It certainly sounds as if you’ve had a very frustrating experience with your washer repair and that it still has not been resolved. We would very much like to speak with you regarding this repair and to work towards resolving this situation.

The Sears Cares team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Washer Repair 5511) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

We had the same thing happen to us last week. The repairman was suppposed to show up between 1-5 pm.

No one showed or called. When I called to complain they said he would come by 7 pm that night, so I waited again. What a sucker I was, still no one showed up or called. Sears service sucks and I'm ready to just have them come get their *** out of my house.

The people on the phone just *** you around and don't really care that you sat around waiting all dday for no reason. What a huge mistake buying appliances from Sears!

We just moved in last week and already the dishwasher is broken. If you read this, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!!

me, too! We are heading into week 3 without a washing machine.

View more comments (3)
Review
I went to my local Sears Hardware store to buy a lawn tractor after selling my old one. They had exactly the model I wanted, but was told they couldn't sell it to me because it was a display model. I went online, and placed a call to Sears customer service because...

I was contacted by a Sears customer service exec. within 3 days of filing a complaint, and she has done a wonderful job to restore my faith in Sears.

I still believe they have issues with sales procedures and communication between departments, but they obviously do care about their customers. That said I was able to get my tractor the next day! But unfortunately the one I got has some sort of drive problem, and makes a loud clicking noise when moving. A service tech is due to look at the problem this Friday.

I will update with my results at that point. Again I want to thank Sears Social Media Support for taking an interest in the problems I've had, and for getting real results for me.

I am very impressed so far! Hopefully the repairs needed are something simple, and I can once again say I'm a huge Sears Craftsman fan.

View more comments
With Official Company Response

Sears Repair-Pay upfront, never see technician

We scheduled a lawn mower repair. Technician came. He ordered parts and charged us for the repair he promised would be the next day. Took the day off, no one came. Got an automated call that evening that appointment would be next Friday. Took the day off, no one came. Got an automated call that evening that appointment would be next Friday. Took the day off, no one came. Called customer service and was told the appointment will be tomorrow morning sometime between 8-12. It has been one month. We have parts, $400 charged to our credit card, a broken mower, but NO repair technician! My recommendation. Don't even consider calling them

Dear DeeScott,

I came across your post here and wanted to reach out to you and offer assistance. I am very sorry that you have been having such a difficult time having the technician arrive on the correct day at the scheduled time. Sears works very hard to ensure that we quickly and correctly resolve our customer’s repair situations and in this case we have definitely failed to live up to those expectations. My name is Greg and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalation team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer problems and we would very much like to assist you in making this right. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower repair was set up under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also please make reference to your screen name, DeeScott, so we can easily locate this initial contact information and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Greg G.

Sears in Vancouver, British Columbia - Sear_Kenmore worst EVER service

Well to say I havee lost the will to live re the so called customer service for a kenmore sewing machine purchased from sears is an understatement. They are the most incompeteent people I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. Can't understand most of them and they are full of *** Promises promises - all just waffle. I will never buy a kenmore product again and as for Sears - forget them - they should drop some suppliers and maybe sort themselves out too. Walmart and othes is where my business will go from now on. Sears sucks as do Kenmore - the worst of the worst of the worst - hope they go out of business !

To Purplechoclate,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post as I’ve just read about your situation. On behalf of Sears I want to apologize for the frustration you have experienced in trying to obtain an owner’s manual for your sewing machine and would very much like to speak with you so that we may assist.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the sewing machine was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Purplechoclate) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

Apologies - I was so mad I missed the point !

I was trying do the simple task of ordering an instruction manual - which they don't actually have listed for that machine, so after ???? converations they located on that 'covered' my machine - but to be hoest it would have been less painful to buy a new machine off ebay !

However seems like my ranting finally paid off - 3 phone calls in 2 days !

What is the problem?

View more comments (2)
With Official Company Response

What is up/sears service?why buy a service contract?

I have a service contract with sears. I call because I have a broken appliance and am on hold for 1/2 hour to schedule service and then had to wait a week for service. The tech who came (very nice)was subcontracted by sears and changed a fuse. When he left and I ran the machine, it did not work....called sears back, waited another 1/2 hour and was told I had to wait another week for service!When I asked to file a complaint I was transferred to a dept. of 300 people who handle complaints! Maybe they can hire 300 people to determine how to improve service instead of 300 people who have no power to improve anything, but politely repeat the fact that they have inadequate service. In the past we chose sears because of reliable service. no more!
queen4842

Jennifer Sands again with update, they failed inspection, forced repairs, unit still leaks Freon but with no follow up to check on your consumer's you would never know. Just spent an additional $1,865 to have a real HVAC company come in and re-install the Sears system to finally stop the leak. I am going to SUE!

I was contacted by Sear's after I wrote. My specialists was very nice but unfortunately the repairs have continued to drag as you can see from the time stamps.

The short of it is Sear's had opened a permit with my county at install, no one had the unit inspected after install so permit still open. Failure on both county and Sear's anyhoo, Sear's wanted to have county come inspect and tell mean ole consumer (Me) that the unit was in working condition and installed to code GO AWAY!!!! The unit failed inspection on 7 areas how IRONIC!!!! Now they are in this huge rush to fix and I am the bad consumer for not letting them.

Well lets review you continue to send the same installer that originally messed it up, let's see law of averages say that eventually he will get lucky and it will be fixed...the company continues to try and make this my fault, well they are correct it is my fault for placing my hard earned cash $6199, and trust into their company......Shame onn me.

Now I will be at every blog and complaint site on the web letting the world know. My contribution to my fellow humans, DON'T BUY SEAR"S PRODUCTS R ALLOW THEIR INSTALLERS IN YOUR HOME.

My next step is I get to spend money I do not have on a lawyer!

Well I just wrote Ms. Laura D a nice long letter all about my brand new broken HVAC system.

If I hear back from them before the OCP I will let ya know. But I certainly will not purchase from either Sear's or Kmart again.

They sell *** apparently and will not stand behind their products. Should have known this was coming after the takeover by the blue light special folks as they have always sold ***.

Laura D.

Is full of *** the company will not do anything but drag you on and *** you around. I just told sears to *** off as I am no longer buying anything from them. I hope you go out of business.

To Our Valued Sears Customer,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your appliance as I just came across your post. I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had in getting assistance with your Sears’ repair and we would very much like to help resplve this situation to your satisfaction.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated with this issue. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was serviced under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please refer to the reference name that we have given your post (Sears Repair 5411) so that we will be able to quickly access your information. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

BarBara2036
@Sears Response

I have a new Samsung....well, 2011...and it keeps getting frost on the freezer doors...inside....they come to fix and it just happens again...plus my diswaher leaks profusely...and they can't find out why....what good is the service contract if u don't now how to fix properly? my fride is NOW with ice..and my service contract is up on March 3rd..why would I buy another? u can't fix what I hAVE..and the diswasher was installed by Sears...broke my kitchen tile when putting it in and scratched the entire top panel...hopeless I wrote on this weeks ago and it said they woiuld get back to me within 24 to 48 hours....when is that, since I haven't heaqrd since?

BarBara2036
@BarBara2036

oh boy, my typos are horrendous....duh...but, think I got message across

View more comments (6)